Old 09-24-2020, 07:05 PM   #381
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Somers View Post
Don't you think the coronavirus is a great tool for policymakers? No, the virus certainly exists, but are there many sick people among your friends? Or do they know those who are sick? I don't have such at all. Maybe I'm lucky, who knows. Or maybe the situation is not sickly inflated to keep people at bay.
Quote:
I believe that the real danger of the virus is somewhat exaggerated. In some countries, quarantine has been introduced for people who are at risk, and this is reasonable. According to statistics, the majority suffers the disease in an asymptomatic or mild form. People cannot sit at home and in caves for years, because they have to live on something and the country's economy must be supported and developed. I don’t know who would benefit from demonizing this disease? To reduce the risk of infection for people at risk. It is not known what will happen sooner: herd immunity will be developed or the whole world will be provided with vaccines.
To quote a previous rant directed at someone whom took the info of Coronavirus lightly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Counter argument: How many of these people that you "have been around, counting family", have you been in regular communication with? To include numbers on people that are part of the equation, but derive results based on only a portion of them because you can't keep within communication terms of those people, say e.g. people you pass on the street, is a fallacy. What's your sample size? If it's less than a huge margin, like around 100, then you will continue to have these doubts about it being a real thing until it directly affects or kills someone in the circle of people you have 'regular communication' with.
tl;dr, it's much more likely that if you never experienced issues, or death in the family, or complications directly because of Coronavirus (not the precautions many governments put in place to prevent it, just Coronavirus), you will either downplay the severity of the virus or have a higher chance of becoming skeptical of said precautions until it directly affects someone you are in close communication with.

There are plenty of stories from users here, in this thread, acknowledging people whom have either suffered, or died or contracted Coronavirus themselves.

Coronavirus will be a standing issue for well into 2021, and possibly a portion of 2022, due to the lack of containment and precautionary measures from multiple governments worldwide. I have no idea what the death toll could reach, but I wouldn't be surprised if it hit 500,000 or 750,000 by the time a vaccine showed up, and those numbers are specifically for United States. We're already nearing 1,000,000 dead worldwide.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 09-24-2020 at 07:09 PM..
Old 09-24-2020, 07:07 PM   #382
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

Quote:
I believe that the real danger of the virus is somewhat exaggerated.
I think the friends and families of nearly 1 million people on the planet would disagree with this statement.

It's all fun and games until it happens to you, or someone you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Old 09-24-2020, 07:50 PM   #383
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SputnikOwns View Post
I'd agree that a certain number of deaths from coronavirus are acceptable.
i actually agree as well since a majority of the people dying from coronavirus are boomers and right wingers

Quote:
The lockdowns have extraordinary costs as well, including in terms of liberty.
there are two things that have changed in regards to my liberties: I have to wear a mask, and I have to stay a bit more clean. what liberties have been stripped away from you?

Last edited by choof; 09-24-2020 at 07:50 PM..
Old 09-24-2020, 08:02 PM   #384
Andrew WCY
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

A bit of a rant here, but hear me out.

"Keeping the death toll below a certain number?" You can't be serious... That is a statement I've heard from a few US politicians on television, and I just couldn't find myself agreeing with it at all.

The way I've interpreted that sentence is that the politicians are fine with people dying as long as the total number of deaths is lower than something. That means they're OK with anyone, including people they love, get killed by this life threatening disease. Who in their right minds would be alright with that?? My personal take on this is that we're all humans that deserve to live, even if we disagree with each other or hate each other.

I feel that a better way of saying that would be "we have been trying our best to prevent deaths from the Coronavirus." Whether that statement is accurate or not is another story, but this is more respectful to everyone than the previous statement IMO. What do you guys think?
Old 09-24-2020, 08:37 PM   #385
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

tfw u need to make it known that coronavirus is mega dangerous because it kills people but u turn a blind eye and run mcdonalds ads and keep food insecurity a very real problem in the united states and obesity & heart disease runs rampant and it doesn't matter if tobacco companies market tobacco and other harmful products because that's not what brings ratings and those issues are harder to politicize but coronavirus is easy to politicize because of its origins and the suddenness of its new presence

i mean huh
Old 09-24-2020, 08:40 PM   #386
mi40

wear your mask but don't forget to consume coca cola guys
Old 09-24-2020, 09:02 PM   #387
choof
Banned

lemme get some more of that whataboutism
Old 09-24-2020, 09:36 PM   #388
WildZapdos
FFR Player

it is impossible to set an acceptable amount of deaths and have nobody call you out on whatever number you set
it is extremely possible not to be so fucking weak minded that you view every single positive test result as a personal attack on you and therefore force a heretofore politically unaffiliated national organization to stop telling people to get tests because it makes you feel bad
Old 09-24-2020, 09:43 PM   #389
euphoriakisses
Big oof.
FFR Veteran

We have no cases where I live. However, it is still mandated that we wear a mask in all public places and honestly, I hope it stays like that for a long while. Wash your hands, wear a mask, keep your distance. Biggest thing honestly is people become complacent.
Old 09-25-2020, 02:25 AM   #390
James Somers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew WCY View Post
Tell me whether Sweden has successfully managed to create herd immunity against the Coronavirus.
Do you think that this is possible in six months? This is a lengthy process. To do this, about 80% must contact the virus and develop immunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post
The economic argument is a tricky one because while on the surface no one is willing to say that a few thousand deaths are an acceptable cost to mantain our lifestyle, in practice our society already has a massive human life cost, think of all the modern diseases originated from our high consumption of sugar, harmful chemical additives, air pollution, radiation, drugs. The numbers of COVID are insignificant if you compare them to all the death and illnesses directly caused by how we live our life and largely ignored. While no one should make that call because we do have means to esentially slow down the disease so much it becomes a marginal issue, it's not such a clear cut choice wether to close everything down and cause massive economical damages that will ripple in the coming years and turn into social issues as well, or accept that this is yet another sacrifice to the altar of modern society (a smaller one at that) and ride on.
You are right, there are many no less dangerous things in our life than another virus. I do not deny that the coronavirus is spreading like wildfire, but objectively, in terms of the percentage of severe conditions caused, this is not the most serious disease. And by the way, according to the statistics of deaths from coronavirus, no one details how many people of them were with chronic diseases that were not controlled by the patient himself (that is, he did not go to the doctor, did not update his prescription for drugs, thereby putting himself in danger). I will not deny that we need to be careful. But closing people home, leaving them without work and driving them to depression and suicide attempts is also not a solution to the problem.
Old 09-25-2020, 03:01 AM   #391
Pizza69
Simfile Judge
Simfile JudgeDifficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi40 View Post
tfw u need to make it known that coronavirus is mega dangerous because it kills people but u turn a blind eye and run mcdonalds ads and keep food insecurity a very real problem in the united states and obesity & heart disease runs rampant and it doesn't matter if tobacco companies market tobacco and other harmful products because that's not what brings ratings and those issues are harder to politicize but coronavirus is easy to politicize because of its origins and the suddenness of its new presence

i mean huh
this is a seriously bad post, yes i agree these are issues that need to be addressed, but they really aren't comparable because people voluntarily eat at mcdonalds and people voluntarily smoke cigarettes. nobody goes outside thinking "hmm i'm gonna go get coronavirus today". shouldn't getting covid under control then be higher in priority?
Old 09-25-2020, 08:11 AM   #392
Andrew WCY

Quote:
Do you think that this is possible in six months? This is a lengthy process. To do this, about 80% must contact the virus and develop immunity.
Now tell me how long one could remain immune from the Coronavirus upon recovery, and what's the worst outcome one could get when getting infected by it. Do you think herd immunity against the Coronavirus through infection is feasible?

Last edited by Andrew WCY; 09-25-2020 at 08:34 AM..
Old 09-25-2020, 08:23 AM   #393
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher

Theres no such thing as herd immunity...a vaccine wont change a thing LOL
we have had a vaccine for the flu for how long now? 80 years. People get one every year and yet its still around and tens of thousands die a year.
There is no way to stop it, the best we can do is prolong it which wont really do anything to save people. Besides, a vaccine takes 6-10 YEARS to develop. You guys really trust one thats only taken 6 month to come up with, and test...and expect it to actually work? No

Everyone is going to get it eventually, but 99% of people will easily survive it. They will eventually get it again, and fight it off again. ETC

We are literally in a New World Order and nobody can see this for some reason. There is no going back to the old ways. This is the new way of life, sadly.

Last edited by SK8R43; 09-25-2020 at 08:25 AM..
Old 09-25-2020, 08:26 AM   #394
mi40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza69 View Post
this is a seriously bad post, yes i agree these are issues that need to be addressed, but they really aren't comparable because people voluntarily eat at mcdonalds and people voluntarily smoke cigarettes. nobody goes outside thinking "hmm i'm gonna go get coronavirus today". shouldn't getting covid under control then be higher in priority?
and people voluntarily not wear masks & get in groups then get corona then suffer

dumbs will be dumbs
Old 09-25-2020, 08:39 AM   #395
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
we have had a vaccine for the flu for how long now? 80 years. People get one every year and yet its still around and tens of thousands die a year.
There is no way to stop it, the best we can do is prolong it which wont really do anything to save people. Besides, a vaccine takes 6-10 YEARS to develop. You guys really trust one thats only taken 6 month to come up with, and test...and expect it to actually work? No

Everyone is going to get it eventually, but 99% of people will easily survive it. They will eventually get it again, and fight it off again. ETC

We are literally in a New World Order and nobody can see this for some reason. There is no going back to the old ways. This is the new way of life, sadly.
Lmao I'm sorry i gave you the benefit of the doubt earlier you are talking outta your ass or/and you're clinically retarded beyond salvation
Old 09-25-2020, 08:51 AM   #396
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher

That post had absolutely nothing to do with my last post...lmao

How does me wearing a mask have anything to do with vaccine talk?

It was on the news that 30% of people who were asked about a vaccine said they wouldnt get one, even if it was free. How will they help if EVERYONE doesnt get one? Do you even have any idea how terrible they are for your body and whats in them!??! Ive never gotten one, not even for the flu and i literally dont get sick. I know thats not true for everyone but a vaccine wont change anything.

Last edited by SK8R43; 09-25-2020 at 08:56 AM..
Old 09-25-2020, 08:59 AM   #397
G.S.M
He is watching
FFR Veteran

Wow.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:04 AM   #398
choof
Banned

Quote:
turns out the "they" sk8r was talking about earlier is actually the jews
Old 09-25-2020, 09:05 AM   #399
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher

Enjoy your new ways of life, choof.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:20 AM   #400
Andrew WCY

Quote:
Herd immunity does exist, but only for specific situations. Looking at an article from Wikipedia, smallpox is a disease that has been eradicated due to people being immune to it via vaccination.
Quote:
Some of the reasons I could think of for why people die from flu include the following:
- Not having taken a flu vaccine
- Not taking a flu vaccine again after the effects of the flu vaccine one's taken previously wears out
- Not practicing good personal hygiene
Not all vaccines are 100% effective, and they don't keep us protected forever, so we couldn't put the blame entirely on vaccines. We could do something to protect ourselves as well.
Quote:
If everyone in the world wears masks, practises good hygiene, minimizes group interactions and avoid going into groups that much, perhaps no one would get infected by the Coronavirus. However, this is obviously not the case, as there's still people who don't do the aforementioned actions to protect themselves and others. I don't think everyone would get it, we just need to continue staying strong and hold out until the pandemic has passed.
Quote:
For now, this is quite true unfortunately. But if everyone works together and eradicate this lethal virus, perhaps we could go back to our old ways someday...

Last edited by Andrew WCY; 09-25-2020 at 09:31 AM..
Closed Thread