Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-3-2007, 03:38 PM   #21
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Default Re: Ps3 Vs. 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by zidart View Post
well both systems are really good, the XBOX is older than the ps3 so it has more games, however you have to worry of the rings of death.

the ps3 has good features, a good lineup of games coming and already out. however it's really expensive.

i only own a wii, but i wanna buy a ps3 once final fantasy XIII and versus are out. and whoever said XIII is coming for the 360 well needs to go look for more information
Didn't Final Fantasy XI come out for 360? The Final Fantasy creator also said that he would make some games for Xbox 360, some will be Final Fantasy. As you can see, Playstation is losing BIG titles.
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-3-2007, 03:46 PM   #22
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddr_f4n View Post
Didn't Final Fantasy XI come out for 360? The Final Fantasy creator also said that he would make some games for Xbox 360, some will be Final Fantasy. As you can see, Playstation is losing BIG titles.
i know they are losing big titles XD, but FFXI is out on the 360 because of it's great on-line. XIII is not gonna be exclusive because the agito version is coming for the mobile.

and yeah square-enix may create a final fantasy game for the 360 however it can't be the original series, jsut a spin-off (but still very good).

i know sony is losing big titles, but the little exclusives that are left are enough for many people to buy the ps3. is not a bad console and neither the 360 is. each one has it's ups and downs.
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-3-2007, 04:10 PM   #23
bam13
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bam13

PS3
bam13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-3-2007, 05:18 PM   #24
ddranthony92
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ddranthony92

ok im prob. gonna get a 360 its just i love gh series and i dont wanna trade in my ps2 cause i wont be able to play the games but idk if ill be able to afford them,and my friend toild me that the silver membership is free,but whats so better about gold,and im gonna get the pro not the elite as much as i want to,i would like to have a game and possibily a controller
Rock Band
Rock Band 2

Wanna see me?!?!?

How about my videos!?!?!
ddranthony92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-3-2007, 06:15 PM   #25
tofurox
Them arrows.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to tofurox

Yea get a 360, I have a 360. I have DOA4 Elder Scrolls IV and Shivering Isles, (getting Knights of Nine soon). Also Halo 3 is cool (I have it pre-ordered). Gears of War owns. Etc. Etc.
I would say
#1 360
#2 Wii

#700 PS3

This sig has been enhanced by the FFR Staff for being too large. Thank you for participating.
tofurox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-3-2007, 08:00 PM   #26
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Well, the first game you might wanna get is Gears of War. It's really fun and NOT a FPS. Reason is you play third-person, and the game is more than just running up to someone and just shoot them, because you'll end up dead. It's the "take cover, make a plan and shoot back" style.

You can also get Bioshock. Great game that truly uses Xbox 360's power. Not considered much as an FPS because of all the elements of an RPG, and is truly a great game.

There are many more, but I'll tell you later when I come back from dinner.
Old 09-3-2007, 09:12 PM   #27
BzT
Chronic Bud Toker
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BzT Send a message via Yahoo to BzT Send a message via Skype™ to BzT

Halo3

BzT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-4-2007, 10:02 AM   #28
hewhoishigh
Banned

Quote:
You can also get Bioshock. Great game that truly uses Xbox 360's power. Not considered much as an FPS because of all the elements of an RPG, and is truly a great game.
Bioshock sucks. It is a generic FPS. It has no RPG elements in it at all. It is truly not a great game. It has no replay value whatsoever. AND NO MULTIPLAYER! Come on, it is the year 2007. Gotta have multiplayer. Conclusion: Waste of 60 dollars= money that could have been spent on a nice bag of weed. Source: I have it and beat it.
hewhoishigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-4-2007, 10:13 AM   #29
hewhoishigh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurox View Post
Yea get a 360, I have a 360. I have DOA4 Elder Scrolls IV and Shivering Isles, (getting Knights of Nine soon). Also Halo 3 is cool (I have it pre-ordered). Gears of War owns. Etc. Etc.
I would say
#1 360
#2 Wii

#700 PS3
#1 PS3: most bang for your buck and it is the best all around which is pure fact! Not only console but computer and has best graphics and power.

#2 Xbox360: great console with great games....too many system flaws and errors....freezes up alot....have had to exchange at store 3 times now! Not too many features, and besides having to PAY for multiplayer along with ur internet, its multiplayer is about the best thing going for it. Not to mention early version bursting into flames. Microsoft= money hungry

#3 Wii: Unless ur a fan of Legend of Zelda or Nintendo games or just a crazed diehard Nintendo junkie, or you have the mentality of a small child, then the Wii is not for you. Lets face it...the Wii doesn't have good graphics...no M for mature games....restricted multiplayer...crappy internet browser(OPERA, what a joke)....and the Wii mote(controller) can be extremely annoying when it starts malfunctioning on occasion and the whole concept of the controller is nice but poorly executed....the controller also takes up too much battery life.
Old 09-4-2007, 10:15 AM   #30
KA0Z R4VR
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Honestly, there are no foreign or international game investers interested in the 360. It is more american due to the fact that it is made by Microsoft. Secondly, when it comes to graphics, almost all the games out for the PS3 have been ported from 360 game creators, so they aren't truly utilizing the PS3's potential, and also include that the 360 is much older. 3% of Asia are interested in the 360, while over 60% want a PS3 and over 80% intend on buying the Wii. PS3 has games ranging from shooter to RPG to racing and sports; All from different national/international game developers. And since the price drop came, I think getting a PS3 is well worth it.

And from a hacking point of view, the PS3 can run Linux [or versions of, more so] WITHOUT costing you an XBOX Live membership. A 360 can run Linux just as well, but at the cost of your membership. That is BS because, personally, if I buy something then I have the right to do what ever I want with it, so if it costs me to lose online gaming oppertunities then I am not interested. If I am going to pay you money annualy or monthly, then let me tweak out what I want. Dammit Microsoft! :]

Conclusion: PS3 FTW
KA0Z R4VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-4-2007, 10:25 AM   #31
hewhoishigh
Banned

Quote:
Get the 360. Why? Let me tell you:

A) Good games already out (Bioshock, Gears of War, etc.)
B) Good Games coming out (Halo 3, Mass Effect, etc.)
C) Now has 200gb hard drive (most PS3 has is 60gb)
D) Most games are Live-enabled
E) Online play is really smooth
F) Tons of online downloads
G) Now gaining many PS3 exclusives (Devil May Cry 4, Virtua Fighter 4, etc.)
H) Looks like you're a Shooter player, so Xbox 360 has many of those, unlike PS3, which has a small library and not many shooters.
I) PS3 really doesn't know how to use its power, so even gameplay may lack.
J) Xbox 360 has a price drop, so PS3 is still more expensive then 360.
K) One free subscription of Xbox Live with Elite.
#1 Bioshock is not a good game!
#2 what is the point of having a 200gb hard drive if you cant put anything on it except wmv's and mp3's? the PS3 can put anything you want on it....plus its a computer so all the good games that come out for XBOX 360 also come out on PC....so u can just put the games on PS3.
#3 FREE ONLINE PLAY!
#4 Final Fantasy 13 is not, and I repeat, IS NOT coming out for 360. Sony has the license not Microsoft. That is a fact and it is common knowledge, you can look it up for yourself if you want. If you find any OFFICIAL current article that states otherwise feel free to post. Otherwise just stfu.
#5 You can install Linux and Windows XP!

Last edited by hewhoishigh; 09-4-2007 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: forgot something
Old 09-4-2007, 12:44 PM   #32
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewhoishigh View Post
#1 PS3: most bang for your buck and it is the best all around which is pure fact! Not only console but computer and has best graphics and power.

#2 Xbox360: great console with great games....too many system flaws and errors....freezes up alot....have had to exchange at store 3 times now! Not too many features, and besides having to PAY for multiplayer along with ur internet, its multiplayer is about the best thing going for it. Not to mention early version bursting into flames. Microsoft= money hungry

#3 Wii: Unless ur a fan of Legend of Zelda or Nintendo games or just a crazed diehard Nintendo junkie, or you have the mentality of a small child, then the Wii is not for you. Lets face it...the Wii doesn't have good graphics...no M for mature games....restricted multiplayer...crappy internet browser(OPERA, what a joke)....and the Wii mote(controller) can be extremely annoying when it starts malfunctioning on occasion and the whole concept of the controller is nice but poorly executed....the controller also takes up too much battery life.
I laugh at you.

Stop living a life of stereotypes and start experiencing things on your own.

Tell me, oh wise "he who is high". Why should I buy a $600 computer when I have my own with much, much better specs? Surely you're not suggesting the PS3 is a worthwhile computer.

Tell me. Why would I buy a video gaming console to install Linux, browse the web, etc? See, I buy video gaming consoles for one reason and one reason only: to play video games.

I'm 21 years old and I've probably been playing games since before you were even born. I'm definitely not a "casual" gamer and I definitely don't just play zelda games all day. So, why did this non-child non-zelda gamer buy a Wii? It has games to play. It's a video-gaming console with games on it, unlike its competition.

What does the PS3 have? Hmm? Wait, tell me one that doesn't end in a number. You have one game coming out for PS3 that isn't a sequel that so far hasn't been shot down by reviewers everywhere, and it's Little Big Planet (WICH IZ A KIDDIE GAEM LOLOL!!!11).

What does the 360 have? Games. If I actually cared about shooters, sports, or racing games, I might have a 360. Unfortunately for Microsoft, the companies can't generate enough revenue to cover production costs, so they release all of the good games for the PC.

What does the Wii have. Original, innovative games. When you've been playing games for eighteen years, you want something new. The latest addition in a never-changing franchise is completely worthless to me. Halo? Overhyped shooter with no originality. Final Fantasy? Overhyped RPG with no originality. Even Resident Evil can't hold my attention that long. Why? They're all the same as their predecessors! And when they aren't that good to begin with, why would I even think the same thing with beefed-up graphics will be any better?

So we get to my next point: graphics. 360 is half and half on graphics. It has a nicer graphics chip than the original Xbox, but it's still using DVDs. Microsoft didn't want to take a chance at using HD-DVD as the standard disc format. As a result, they left the choice up to the consumer. Sony went all-in on graphics. As a result, they left a price tag to the consumer. Nintendo didn't care at all about beefing up graphics if it meant isolating their consumers, so they opted for a low-power high-output card instead. As a result, they marketed their product to the consumer.

I'll lay it to you straight: graphics don't matter. I know all Nintendo fanboys say that, but it's very, very true. To the average consumer, the difference between a 128 and 256MB video card is negligible. To the average consumer, the difference between a DVD and a Blu-Ray / HD-DVD is negligible. And to everyone, the difference between 720p and 1080p is non-existent. So I ask you. Why would you constantly tell me the graphics are so INSANE if the difference is truly negligible.

Everything that the 360 has that I am interested in, the PC has or will have. Seems pretty pointless to own a 360 to me. Everything on the PS3's plate holds no interest on me whatsoever. I never liked Metal Gear Solid (shoot me now), I own DMC 3 and 4 doesn't look nearly as good (plus it's on 360), I have never liked Final Fantasy, I have never really enjoyed Resident Evil games, though I haven't played RE4 yet, and I'm not interested in the Grand Theft Auto series at all, though GTA 4 will probably be released on PC like all the others.

However, when I first saw Wii, I saw something I hadn't seen in years: games that looked like fun. For example, I have always loved Super Monkey Ball, but I know from a very, very long time ago I was wondering what the game would be like with a tilt sensor. Then they delivered on that. I saw the potential for FPSes with Red Steel, and although it turned out to be pretty bad, others quickly came along. Elebits remained the best FPS on the console until Metroid Prime 3 came out. One of the most original concepts since Katamari Damacy and nobody even knows what it is. Trauma Center on the DS was fun, but limiting. They make a Wii version that's intuitive, engaging, and most importantly, fun. When was the last time you played a game where you're a surgeon in an operating room performing life-saving operations?

I'm done with this. I didn't want to partake in this thread at all, but the overall level of stupidity hurt my eyes to read. If you want to spend $600 for what is essentially a computer / Blu-Ray player, be my guest. If you want to spend $350 for what is essentially an online-only experience, be my guest. If you want to spend $250 for what is essentially a video-gaming console, be my guest.

The amount of animosity in this thread is ridiculous. Do you people work for Sony or Microsoft? Where do you get off on telling me I'm not allowed to have a Wii because it's only for little kids? Where do you get off with your ego, telling yourself that the Wii sucks because there are, according to you, no "M" rated games on it? (which there are, by the way. About a dozen so far). Does a game have to be M-rated for you to get your fix? Do you need to kill people or watch them die or split their bodies in half to be satisfied? How "M"ature are you, really?
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-4-2007, 12:59 PM   #33
DaveyNO2GO
FFR Player

ps3
DaveyNO2GO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-4-2007, 02:43 PM   #34
ddranthony92
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ddranthony92

Quote:
Well, the first game you might wanna get is Gears of War. It's really fun and NOT a FPS. Reason is you play third-person, and the game is more than just running up to someone and just shoot them, because you'll end up dead. It's the "take cover, make a plan and shoot back" style.

There are many more, but I'll tell you later when I come back from dinner.
i would get GOW but my friend has it,and im downloading bioshck for the pc as we speak
Rock Band
Rock Band 2

Wanna see me?!?!?

How about my videos!?!?!
ddranthony92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-4-2007, 03:31 PM   #35
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddranthony92 View Post
i would get GOW but my friend has it,and im downloading bioshck for the pc as we speak
There is also Oblivion, but you can get that for PC as well, and the PS3 versions only contains the original and Knights of the Nine, while bith PC and 360 version also has Shiverig Isles.

Yes, the Wii is also a good system, but it seems that you either already have one or don't need one. If you go for the PS3, not only will waste money on the system, but the games itself cost much more then the Xbox 360 and Wii versions, so you would be wasting money all the time.

You'd be saving more money in the Xbox 360 and even more with the Wii (but no good graphics of you are looking for that).

Plus, almost everyone (except hewhoishigh) is telling you to get the 360 or Wii. Who will you go with, a PS3 fanboy, or all the other gamers who knows what they're talking about (with good grammer too)?
Old 09-4-2007, 03:52 PM   #36
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
There is also Oblivion, but you can get that for PC as well, and the PS3 versions only contains the original and Knights of the Nine, while bith PC and 360 version also has Shiverig Isles.

Yes, the Wii is also a good system, but it seems that you either already have one or don't need one. If you go for the PS3, not only will waste money on the system, but the games itself cost much more then the Xbox 360 and Wii versions, so you would be wasting money all the time.

You'd be saving more money in the Xbox 360 and even more with the Wii (but no good graphics of you are looking for that).

Plus, almost everyone (except hewhoishigh) is telling you to get the 360 or Wii. Who will you go with, a PS3 fanboy, or all the other gamers who knows what they're talking about (with good grammer too)?

news flash i'm also telling him to get the ps3, and i'm not a sony fanboy anyway.

yeah i don't have good GRAMMER LOL
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-4-2007, 03:59 PM   #37
hewhoishigh
Banned

I know what I am talking about. The 360 is great. Buy it by all means. If you enjoy a Wii then buy it. All im trying to say is that the PS3 is better. Better graphics, multiplayer, best bang for your buck. Unlike some of you people I can't just go out and buy a 3000 dollar computer....so the PS3 is pretty good....damn you people are ignorant.
Old 09-4-2007, 04:03 PM   #38
Pyroshock
ε=-dΦ/dt
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to Pyroshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewhoishigh View Post
damn you people are ignorant.
Hahahahaha wow.

More bang for my buck? I guess I'm just weird or something, because I actually like playing fun games, while you're sitting there lovingly stroking your PS3's GPU.

There's really nothing else to say. The thread should have ended with Squeek's post.
Pyroshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-4-2007, 04:08 PM   #39
hewhoishigh
Banned

I like playing fun games too....thats why I stopped playing my Wii.....if you think the Wii is fun then ok....whatever makes you happy.
Old 09-4-2007, 09:52 PM   #40
nintendo1980
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
I'm not going to bother because the posts in this thread so far have been immensely pathetic, but I just need to say one thing.

NexGenWars has been proven to be just some kid adding a number to a ticker every few seconds. It's purely conjecture and has no basis in reality whatsoever.

Use VGCharts. It's much more reliable.

http://www.vgchartz.com/
ok this site better, but numbers on nexgen war are only off by 1% so it's not that bad
but over all the wii will win.

http://www.treasuretrooper.com/234887
click this and join, it's a fast way to make free money, no joke, I thought it was BS at first but its not, I made over $300 doing nothing!!!, please join and see what you can make. trust me it works, if it does not work why would I take the time to put it in my sig?
nintendo1980 is offline   Reply With Quote