Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 04:35 PM   #1
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Default Level Rank Bug/Missing Scores

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the sweep was done to clear out the rate and other hacked scores. I would like to point out a couple of bugs though in my level ranks.

A) There is a discrepancy of 3,276 between the sum of my level ranks page and token song plays and my actual "plays" count on my account.

B) Hardkore Atomic has 156 plays and no score

C) Death Piano has only 1 game play (I know that's not right ... I had 131 plays as of Jan 4th 2012)

D) I had a score of 18-2-0-x on All Y'all bitches that is now back to 41-8-0-21 (I can fix that now, just pointing out discrepancies that I see)

There are a few other scores that seem worse than they used to be, but I don't have a recent export of my ranks since the score deletion fiasco to check up against.

Overall, I'm glad the sweep was made, and the few things I see I can fix with some elbow grease.

Old 09-28-2015, 04:58 PM   #2
lurker
ur worst nitemare
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Level Rank Bug/Missing Scores

the front page post strongly implied that some changes to scoreboards would be completed on wednesday
i would suggest not complaining until then because some of those issues you brought up may be fixed in the process
i believe A is impossible to fix though since the score fuck-up deleted play counts as well

Last edited by lurker; 09-28-2015 at 05:47 PM..
Old 09-28-2015, 05:23 PM   #3
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Buckets of elbow grease.
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class
Old 09-28-2015, 05:59 PM   #4
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
the front page post strongly implied that some changes to scoreboards would be completed on wednesday
i would suggest not complaining until then because some of those issues you brought up may be fixed in the process
i believe A is impossible to fix though since the score fuck-up deleted play counts as well
Front page states 'skill ratings' not scoreboards, separate issue

Also this was meant as a bug report, not "complaining"

Last edited by TheSaxRunner05; 09-28-2015 at 06:00 PM..
Old 09-28-2015, 07:36 PM   #5
lurker
ur worst nitemare
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

since all of the rate scores that were accidentally imported after the fuck-up (aka all of the "bs" scores you logged that were in fact known to be incorrect to just about anyone who had played ffr during the transition) were removed, the scoreboards are, in fact, involved in whatever fixes are going out before the october update
also you are definitely complaining about a "bug" that has negatively affected your scoreboard (and bringing up useless points like "i don't remember what my scores are but uh they're totally better than what i have right now" and "i could totally fix this myself" which make it clear that you have taken this personally and are looking for reparations), don't bring semantics into this
Old 09-28-2015, 07:57 PM   #6
PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I'm at work but I'll respond to this as soon as I can!
Old 09-28-2015, 08:23 PM   #7
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Don't bring semantics? That's exactly what you're doing.

I have taken nothing personally and made an honest bug report.

I do know my level ranks well because I have looked at them quite a bit in the past, and exported some, but not all of my old data. It's not a "useless point," it's a bug. I did have a couple specific examples, and I would have had more if I had exported my old ranks entirely instead of partially.

Anywho, I am not looking for reparations, I am simply reporting a bug from the process that I'm sure is complicated and may have some unintended consequences. You're reading too much into it.

For example, an unplayed Mario's 8 bit remix now has a rank of just over 200,000, while the song has over 500,000 players. There are several player's level rank pages Ive seen that have multiple games played on a song and no score for it.

I know it's a work in progress, and bug reporting is important. It's already far better than it was and I'm thankful.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:10 PM   #8
PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 View Post
B) Hardkore Atomic has 156 plays and no score
I removed your mistakenly recovered replay score of [44-2-6-28] on Hardkore Atomic on 0.9x rate. No other scores were affected. Synthlight still hasn't gotten back to me regarding the May 2015 backups, so I can't look up what your previous best score was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 View Post
There are a few other scores that seem worse than they used to be, but I don't have a recent export of my ranks since the score deletion fiasco to check up against.
Any other discrepancies in your levelranks and play count are the result of Velocity's score purge and restoring old scores from the October 2014 backups.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:55 PM   #9
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Thanks for looking into it, this thread may be locked.

Closed Thread