TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2
Default Re: FFR Convention: An Epic.

God, They look like Ovaries.

Or uncooked fish eggs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:26 PM   #42
flipsta_lombax
Lombax Connoisseur
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
God, They look like Ovaries.

Or uncooked fish eggs.
Dude, I almost scared my class for laughing out so damn loud. Gg Dark. HAHAHAHA! xD

Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}
flipsta_lombax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:33 PM   #43
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Flip, That was Nestle that joined us while we were hacking.

Aggg! I just remembered that I was going to wear my "Party with Big Mac" Shirt I got while working At Mcdonalds. They forced us to wear the shirts for a week. It's baby blue with red and yellow polka dots.

You guys would have died LOLing, Honestly, People like fall down and rofl when I walk past with that shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 03-31-2008 at 02:43 PM..
Old 03-31-2008, 02:41 PM   #44
thunderstrike687
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to thunderstrike687

Well you guys sure covered it pretty well. I dont know how much I could possibly add other than it was totally worth wasting money to go meet everyone and I had a really great time, but next year we need to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamaja456 View Post
yea, this subscription giveaway is more fun than watching two lesbians engage in foreplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy_2004
i love a food
thunderstrike687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:45 PM   #45
Babyvpr
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsta_lombax View Post
Omfg. Boba? <3333

Babyvpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:45 PM   #46
jellygod
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jellygod Send a message via Skype™ to jellygod

yea, it was defiantely worth it, i will probably go again next year and drive down there myself, and of course to the pre ann arbor meetup if we do that again. and next year i think im gonna drag down dAnceguy117, and eurostud4.

RETIRED
Rank 8 in regional ranking(Great Lakes)
"Never argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
jellygod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:46 PM   #47
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Jelly, You need to tell us the story from Chaz's car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Old 03-31-2008, 02:55 PM   #48
jellygod
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jellygod Send a message via Skype™ to jellygod

ok so here goes.

we decided to not stay at the red roof inn rickys on sunday night, instead, chaz, ricky, sprite, me, and hammy went to a hotel about 2 minutes from campus. We got rooms right next to each other, and apparently something was wrong with rickys toilet in the room, so they told the counter, and they got an upgraded room for free...lucky bastards. Hammy, chaz, and me went to sleep right away and woke up at about 10am the next morning. we then went to mcdonalds to eat breakfast and got on the road. Then we drove 2 and a half hours to my house with little talk in the car. it wasn't anything exciting like you guys experienced though, lol.

RETIRED
Rank 8 in regional ranking(Great Lakes)
"Never argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
jellygod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:02 PM   #49
thunderstrike687
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to thunderstrike687

this whole experience was beyond epic. Anyone who ever gets a chance to make the trip should do it at least once. It is extremely rewarding to meet all the guys and just hang out and have a good time for a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamaja456 View Post
yea, this subscription giveaway is more fun than watching two lesbians engage in foreplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy_2004
i love a food
thunderstrike687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:20 PM   #50
Nightfirecat
...back from the dead.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Nightfirecat

Too bad I don't live anywhere near anywhere a convention would happen.. =(

And the fact that getting there would be a b*tch...

[My Profile] | [My Music] | [Play FFR] | [My Photobucket] | [My DeviantArt]

AAAs: 210 (186+7+17)
Best AAAs: Vertex BETA, Fighting for Control, Nova Pulser
Recent AAAs: {Firestorm}, Dazzling Destiny, Hellbeat v2p

2nd place in 3rd Official Tournament
1st place in Jugglin/Jteh's 1st Tournament
Nightfirecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:31 PM   #51
lumphoboextreme
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Yahoo to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Skype™ to lumphoboextreme

=) i remember forgetting my money like 3 times. rofl
Old 03-31-2008, 03:38 PM   #52
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Supposedly a bunch of you guys stayed in the same hotel me and Izzy stayed at. That Victory Inn or something a couple minutes from the college.

I'm most likely never going again. Definitely not if its going to be in between two school weeks again.

Friday, I get home at about 2:30 PM like usual from school. I wait until 3 then learn that I have to go to Izzy's house and we leave from there. Izzy lives about 30 miles West of me.... the direction opposite that we're supposed to go. I get there, we leave shortly after and we get to my original planned starting point, Blue Springs (where I live) at about 4:15. That's when the trip really begins.

Edubardus and Specforces were originally supposed to come with us (ipatch as well but he had to work or something), so I called them on the way to St Louis. Edubardus can't come because he has a bunch of homework. Specforces lost the desire to go but said he'd call us back by about 7 PM (we would be in the St Louis area by 7 PM so thats good). I never got a call back from him. So ok, let's just go on to Detroit.

Missouri wasn't a boring drive at all, even if I have driven through the state many times already. It certainly seemed the most interesting drive out of all the other states we drove through. We get to St Louis making decent time. Get there at aroud 7:40. We get gas and beef jerky and head for Illinois. Illinois was kinda boring because it started getting dark and we couldn't see anything. That and there was absolutely nobody else on the road besides us in the last 60 miles of Illinois. Way too boring.

Now we're in Indianda. Not too bad. We make a bunch of jokes about all the road signs and crap because we saw some retarded ones. We see a few cop cars for the first time since we left... 400 miles ago. Once we're in the Indianapolis area, we're running out of gas again. We drive through the whole city trying to find gas stations open at midnight and we don't see a single thing. No road signs that show you what services are at what exits or anything. We finally give up and just take one random exit and drive around for a few miles until we find a gas station. We do, we will up, and now its time to go to Detroit.

We're supposed to take 24 Highway once we're in Ft. Wayne all the way to Toledo so we can get to I-75 and makei t to Detroit from there. 24 Highway is incredibly confusing in Ohio. Bunch of random detours and tons of road work, all in the middle of no where. And we're supposed to look for one little street to turn into in some random town. We don't find the street. So we continue on 24 Highway hoping it really does connect with I-75 because I really didn't know if it did or not. Speed limits are 35 - 55 on that highway and we're supposed to be there for about 100 miles. Its 1, almost 2 AM. **** 55 mph, we're going 75. This is where we find some deer on the road. We slow down like ****, and come about 1 foot from hitting one of them. Now we continue on the road going the speed limit because I did not want to hit a deer in the last 100 miles of the trip up there.

We stopped at a gas station in Waterloo (I think) and I literally ask "where the hell are we at" to the manager. There we learn we're only 5 miles from I-75. Ok. Perfect. New found motivation after basically being lost for 100 miles. It feels like the trip had just started all over again and it seems like we hadn't been driving for the last 10 hours. We race towards Detroit, crossing into Michigan. Now we're about 20 miles south of Detroit. ALMOST ****ING THERE, and its what... 5 AM? I call Ricky's house to see if theres anyone awake that can guide us to his house because I didn't really get Ricky's address until after I left. Chaz answers and basically tells us to just go to Bowling Green and sleep in the car because we're not gonna find his house. (apparently Detroit is a big ass maze or something). I'm pissed off. We've been driving for 13 hours and we're almost there and now we have to go another 80 to Bowling Green AND SLEEP IN A CAR IN 20 DEGREE WEATHER?

That's basically what we do. We slept in a parking lot in front of the BGSU football stadium or whatever it was for about 20 minutes. After that it got too cold to stay asleep. So we wake up at about 6:30 AM and start driving aroud a little bit. Trying to find the exact location of the convention.

I call Tass to see if he knows where it's at and he supposedly doesn't. So he'll have Nestlekwik call me since he does know. We wait 40 minutes in another parking lot for this phone call, and it never happens. Now I just text and call all the people on my address book to see if they can go onto FFR and find the address for me. After 20 or so calls, I get ahold of LD and I get the infornation from him. I ****ing love you LD. When we found out where it was, I got a little annoyed. We were sitting in a parking lot RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE BUILDING for 40 minutes. Whatever. Its convention time

We were the very first ones there, besides the admin group so we talked to all those guys for a while. After about two hours everyone else comes in. We all have a pretty cool time. Playing Rockband, FFR on crappy laptops rofl, Stepmania, etc. All the stories that everyone else posted is true. This post is just to explain our part of the trip.

Overall we had a pretty nice time. Had quite a bit of fun (though I wouldv'e prederred a casual-styled meetup like the Chicago meetup, or any other meetup FFR has had that wasn't this official one where you're trapped in a room for 12 hours playing video games) Izzy wanted to leave and get some sleep at around 7 PM so that's what we did. We had Sprite go with us to get a hotel room (because we're both 17 and can't get a hotel >_>) and then we go to sleep at 8 PM.

We somehow woke up at around 4 AM and immediately get back on the road. After experiencing the drive up here, we wanted to rush home as quickly as possible. No more 70 - 75 mph bull****. We go 80+ the whole way back. That's basically what we did. Once we were in Illinois we saw some random woman driving on the road next to us that we just take turns passing each other because one of us slows down or something. After about 5 passes we decide to **** with her. She passes us again, so we pass her again going 90 mph, etc. She passes once again and now we're near a few other cars on the road. We pass her once again and get to the next car on the road, and slow down so we're going the same speed. Leaving the woman to be stuck behind us for about 20 miles. Going 65 mph. She got pissed off haha. We stopped ****ing with her and she passes us at like 90 once again and does the same thing to us, but beside a giant truck. We're not even caring, we're just laughing the whole time. Once she got done ****ing with us we passed her once again going 100 and never saw her again.

We got to St Louis at around 11:30 AM and decided to stop for a little break. Izzy had never been up into the Arch before so we went up there. The visibility was ****ty so we saw barely anything. Waste of $25 I guess.

The last 250 miles of the trip. I'm driving...... We've been trying to stay 70 - 80 mph to get good gas mileage the whole trip because its a 1600 mile trip. Yeah **** that. I'm going 80 - 95 the whole way back. Once we get into KC we ended up using only 5 gallons of gas in between the two cities.... 50 miles per gallon going 80 - 95. I'm so confused ;_; I thought we'd save gas by going 75 - 80.

Oh well whatever. We get back and I get home at 4:30 PM. Fun times.

All in all... Saturday was pretty fun. It was nice meeting all the FFR guys and a bunch of the admins and stuff. But I'm probably never doing it again.

hope you enjoyed reading the very negative and boring tl;dr post lmao
Rebirth0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:45 PM   #53
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to EnR Send a message via MSN to EnR

Ontario Meetup pl0x
Old 03-31-2008, 04:05 PM   #54
emerald000
the Mathemagician~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to emerald000

I think that there should be a convention on East coast. With the one on West coast that will be probably done, most of the community will be within a couple of hours from one of them.
emerald000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:42 PM   #55
Kekeb
davai
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnR View Post
Ontario Meetup pl0x
yesyesyesyes
Kekeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:49 PM   #56
emerald000
the Mathemagician~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to emerald000

Ontario would be so much better (no passport needed), but I don't think the userbase is strong enough to plan an official convention. But I'm sure if somebody planned an unofficial one, there would be a lot of interested people. *hint*
emerald000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:43 PM   #57
rsr2
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl
FFR Veteran

Hey Flip I print screened this

I tried to print screen the one where it had the users names that you said hi to but to late.

Best part was when Tass was walking around and went next door to see people play D&D and after walking out he said "Dorks" That made my day
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lolHi.JPG (11.0 KB, 93 views)
rsr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:26 PM   #58
flipsta_lombax
Lombax Connoisseur
FFR Veteran

Hey Manti, here is that other pic in the convention. I swear I should have taken more... I missed alot of other people. >.< But yeah, here it is:

Left to right: DrugstoreCowboy, Jellygod, Lonevvolf, DarkManticoreX2, and lumphoboextreme. It's really cool the college had a laptop conveniently placed in the hallway area.

We place yellow coin box hackysack right after this pic. I didn't get a pic...DAMNIT. It was really cool too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
Flip, That was Nestle that joined us while we were hacking.

Aggg! I just remembered that I was going to wear my "Party with Big Mac" Shirt I got while working At Mcdonalds. They forced us to wear the shirts for a week. It's baby blue with red and yellow polka dots.

You guys would have died LOLing, Honestly, People like fall down and rofl when I walk past with that shirt.
Lol! Sounds like a shirt you definitely have worn to the convention, haha! And when were we hacking? Dude.. I could have sworn I never got to talk to Nestle nor shake his hand. ;-; Elaborate for me.

Rsr2: Awesome dude! You got the SS! <33

Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}
flipsta_lombax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:12 PM   #59
buizel8888
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to buizel8888 Send a message via MSN to buizel8888

I cant wait till next year.

My plans include being a giant retard and seeing how far I can take it before I am threatened to get kicked out/have my ass kicked.

Oh well
<+lurker> if i want porno music
<+lurker> i'll listen to the sonic 3 ost
<%SSH|Korysar> LMFAO
<sjoecool1991> ahaha
buizel8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:26 PM   #60
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

someone come get me and enr next year, as seeing we're both in ontario

and wow, you guys look nothing like i thought you'd look like!

manti, you're pretty good looking, i MUST admit!

..not that i thought you weren't good looking or anything, just sayin', hahaha

lumph also looks like the quiet type, and sprite also looks nothing like what i thought

and there needs to be more pics of hammy!

....and flip too, but i know what he looks like, heh...

so yeah, ontario meetup would be mad ballin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote