Old 06-24-2009, 05:58 PM   #1
thelostone
FFR Player
FFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10
Default Broken.

This thread isn't to whine (as much as it will seem), its really to point out some of the features that I think need to be fixed.

For instance, its great that there are some really good ffr players out there that can AAA fgo's - i mean thats cool and all but the people who can are in the top 0.1% of the crowd that actually plays. However, they're the ones calling the shots, and with the new revision on what songs cut it for Oni unlock, I think its getting pretty ridiculous - for the average person out there, any FMO is hard as is to pass. Even harder to get a good combo. I am personally one who can fc FMO's... and all I can say is that its become a game for the elite ffr players (esp. w/ the lingo that people use..). FYI - to those top tier players, fmo's and fgo's are actually hard, no matter how easy you say they are.
Understandably, Oni is supposed to be really really hard to unlock, but with newer and newer revisions it almost seems like you're trying to close off the "elite" group of people who can unlock Oni.

secondly - the mp leveling system is so broken - anyone above level 14 is discouraged from playing someone of a similar mp level because playing them enough will result in a net decrease in exp for the both of them. We have 50 levels max on multiplayer, and there are a handful with mp levels above 25. Thats 25 levels being ridiculously underused, and players above level 14 have almost no reason to play another similar leveled person other than to dominate them and gain levels from them. From this, mp levels above 20 don't really mean a thing besides "you are really good, and you don't play games you can't win often".

Finally, I've been on ffr for a bit more than 5 years, but its been on and off. I definitely remember when colored arrows first came on board, and word was that, when they got around to it, that the colored arrows would get to some of the older songs (after all, the very first colored arrow songs were songs that used to be completely blue - like sonic from arcade). Along with songs from around that time period, some songs really need to get sync'd properly. No more jumps that look like gallops. No more music that goes 2 beats faster than the arrows... and the fact that people just haven't gotten around to this yet 4 years after newer and better songs come out is unfortunate.

If anyone feels the way I do, say something about it. The thread's closer to a rant now, but it really spells out why I would quit if I were to leave now. I'm logging on less and less now, and others that feel like I do probably also do the same. If it weren't for summer's incredible boredom and my having not yet bought a game recently making me bored, I would leave.

I would appreciate it if comments were not simply "shut up you noob, just cuz you aren't good doesn't mean you have to complain about it"
thelostone is offline  
Old 06-24-2009, 06:05 PM   #2
who_cares973
FFR Player
 
who_cares973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: :U
Age: 32
Posts: 14,976
Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973
Default Re: Broken.

i agree with the oni unlocks but not with the mp levels. the mp level system isnt broken and most of the 20-29mp level people are either retired or dont like playing mp because its laggier now than it was before. also, until they figure out how to stop bosting mp levels will never mean anything
__________________
who_cares973 is offline  
Old 06-24-2009, 06:06 PM   #3
alster1
What is this I don't even
FFR Veteran
 
alster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: in a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!
Age: 27
Posts: 933
Default Re: Broken.

The songs that don't have colored arrows are never going to change because that is what makes the songs hard and original.
__________________
alster1 is offline  
Old 06-24-2009, 06:13 PM   #4
thelostone
FFR Player
FFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10
Default Re: Broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
i agree with the oni unlocks but not with the mp levels. the mp level system isnt broken and most of the 20-29mp level people are either retired or dont like playing mp because its laggier now than it was before. also, until they figure out how to stop bosting mp levels will never mean anything
you do realize that 2 people as good as each other (each win 50% of the time) and are both say.. level 20 - eventually will both get to level 14, if they play enough times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alster1 View Post
The songs that don't have colored arrows are never going to change because that is what makes the songs hard and original.
what about sync'ing? or an option to put colors on?
thelostone is offline  
Old 06-24-2009, 06:16 PM   #5
bluguerrilla
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
bluguerrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 38
Posts: 3,966
Send a message via AIM to bluguerrilla
Default Re: Broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelostone View Post
This thread isn't to whine (as much as it will seem), its really to point out some of the features that I think need to be fixed.

For instance, its great that there are some really good ffr players out there that can AAA fgo's - i mean thats cool and all but the people who can are in the top 0.1% of the crowd that actually plays. However, they're the ones calling the shots, and with the new revision on what songs cut it for Oni unlock, I think its getting pretty ridiculous - for the average person out there, any FMO is hard as is to pass. Even harder to get a good combo. I am personally one who can fc FMO's... and all I can say is that its become a game for the elite ffr players (esp. w/ the lingo that people use..). FYI - to those top tier players, fmo's and fgo's are actually hard, no matter how easy you say they are.
Understandably, Oni is supposed to be really really hard to unlock, but with newer and newer revisions it almost seems like you're trying to close off the "elite" group of people who can unlock Oni.
Oni is supposed to people who have basically mastered FFR. I say basically because there are soooo many more FGO levels than there used to be. So why doesn't it make sense that it's impossible to unlock for the average person? There are many other skill tokens that are hard but not impossible for the average played, although there could undoubtedly be more.

Quote:
Finally, I've been on ffr for a bit more than 5 years, but its been on and off. I definitely remember when colored arrows first came on board, and word was that, when they got around to it, that the colored arrows would get to some of the older songs (after all, the very first colored arrow songs were songs that used to be completely blue - like sonic from arcade). Along with songs from around that time period, some songs really need to get sync'd properly. No more jumps that look like gallops. No more music that goes 2 beats faster than the arrows... and the fact that people just haven't gotten around to this yet 4 years after newer and better songs come out is unfortunate.
It's not that no one has gotten around to it. Synthlight has specifically said that these songs will never, ever be changed. The only possibility is for people to step a v2 that turns into a Skill Token.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelostone View Post
what about sync'ing? or an option to put colors on?
That just seems like too much trouble coding for the % of blue-note songs in the game.


The fact is there is sooo much music that we have permission to step that there's no reason to restep old music. Let the old files be what they are and make new music. Move in new directions blah blah blah.
__________________
bluguerrilla is offline  
Old 06-24-2009, 06:22 PM   #6
who_cares973
FFR Player
 
who_cares973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: :U
Age: 32
Posts: 14,976
Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973
Default Re: Broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelostone View Post
you do realize that 2 people as good as each other (each win 50% of the time) and are both say.. level 20 - eventually will both get to level 14, if they play enough times?

did you know if you flip a coin enough times you'll end up with a 50% chance of getting the side of your choice? that doesnt mean that'll you will flip the coin enough times to get there so you always end up higher or lower than 50% which is the same for mp level. no two people will play that often with a 50% consistent outcome
__________________
who_cares973 is offline  
Old 06-24-2009, 06:25 PM   #7
bluguerrilla
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
bluguerrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 38
Posts: 3,966
Send a message via AIM to bluguerrilla
Default Re: Broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
did you know if you flip a coin enough times you'll end up with a 50% chance of getting the side of your choice? that doesnt mean that'll you will flip the coin enough times to get there so you always end up higher or lower than 50% which is the same for mp level. no two people will play that often with a 50% consistent outcome
Regardless you'd think that the MP level should stay near 20 for both of them...
__________________
bluguerrilla is offline  
Old 06-24-2009, 06:25 PM   #8
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher
 
MinaciousGrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: nima
Posts: 4,278
Default Re: Broken.

oni has already been unlocked by too many people

nobody actually cares about mp level because it doesn't mean anything

don't play synthfiles

idk what else there is to say

none of your complaints actually have any impact on the fun you derive from playing it which means if you're quitting it's because you're just ****ing bored of the game in which case any number of 'improvements' or changes won't mean anything
MinaciousGrace is offline  
Old 06-24-2009, 06:33 PM   #9
bluguerrilla
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
bluguerrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 38
Posts: 3,966
Send a message via AIM to bluguerrilla
Default Re: Broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
oni has already been unlocked by too many people
I still like the idea of the next "Oni" for FGO AAAs and then let Oni sit where it is. IMO what RATO should have been used for or something along those lines.
__________________
bluguerrilla is offline  
Old 06-24-2009, 06:35 PM   #10
who_cares973
FFR Player
 
who_cares973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: :U
Age: 32
Posts: 14,976
Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973
Default Re: Broken.

Otaku speedvibe[Edit] 8)
__________________
who_cares973 is offline  
Old 06-24-2009, 06:40 PM   #11
thelostone
FFR Player
FFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10
Default Re: Broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
oni has already been unlocked by too many people
You're kind of proving my point, since you are one of those who can unlock oni (good enough assumption there?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
none of your complaints actually have any impact on the fun you derive from playing it which means if you're quitting it's because you're just ****ing bored of the game in which case any number of 'improvements' or changes won't mean anything
it makes for goals in ffr that are actually semi-attainable. there's really no goal thats between... otaku heavy and.. oni level of difficulty really..

and though you can say "no one cares about mp anyway", what was the reason that led people not to care?
thelostone is offline  
Old 06-24-2009, 06:44 PM   #12
bluguerrilla
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
bluguerrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 38
Posts: 3,966
Send a message via AIM to bluguerrilla
Default Re: Broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelostone View Post
and though you can say "no one cares about mp anyway", what was the reason that led people not to care?
I think he means that there are better ways of knowing that you're good at the game but I agree with you that people would care more if the leveling system actually worked, so yeah, it should be fixed regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
Otaku speedvibe[Edit] 8)
Yeah, we'll see lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelostone View Post
it makes for goals in ffr that are actually semi-attainable. there's really no goal thats between... otaku heavy and.. oni level of difficulty really..
No? I could have sworn there were at least a few. SDG Rose to unlock something... I could swear there's more. I used to know because I was just about good enough to unlock Heavy but never did and there were others that were beyond me but not as far beyond as Oni.
__________________
bluguerrilla is offline  
Old 06-24-2009, 06:44 PM   #13
who_cares973
FFR Player
 
who_cares973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: :U
Age: 32
Posts: 14,976
Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973
Default Re: Broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelostone View Post

and though you can say "no one cares about mp anyway", what was the reason that led people not to care?

boosting and playing only lower levels to level up
__________________
who_cares973 is offline  
Old 06-24-2009, 06:53 PM   #14
Sprite-
HAVE ME WITH VODKA
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Sprite-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Long Island, New York
Age: 32
Posts: 7,316
Default Re: Broken.

What's wrong with having a token that only the best can unlock? All of the other tokens are easy. All of you non-elitists have all of these tokens that are difficult for you to unlock, which = fun. Why can't we have something that we have to actually work for? We deserve a challenge too xD
Shouldn't we be allowed all the fun that you guys have?

Oni was originally meant to be unlocked by only a handful of people (30-40 most). Since it hasn't been updated in a long time, people have gotten better, songs have gotten easier (avmiss fix, more speedmods), and because of that, most people didn't find oni to be much of a challenge anymore. Now, over 350 people have unlocked oni iirc. Everyone has forgotten how difficult the token was originally meant to be when it was first issued. We are simply trying to preserve that as much as possible.

Last edited by Sprite-; 06-24-2009 at 07:01 PM..
Sprite- is offline  
Old 06-24-2009, 06:54 PM   #15
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher
 
MinaciousGrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: nima
Posts: 4,278
Default Re: Broken.

so I'm a good player therefore my opinion is automatically biased?

What kind of ****ing hypocritical bull**** is that.

Get the **** out of here.
MinaciousGrace is offline  
Old 06-24-2009, 07:00 PM   #16
who_cares973
FFR Player
 
who_cares973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: :U
Age: 32
Posts: 14,976
Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973
Default Re: Broken.

actual difficulties thread



gtfo mina
__________________
who_cares973 is offline  
Old 06-24-2009, 07:03 PM   #17
thelostone
FFR Player
FFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10
Default Re: Broken.

Mina - you proved my point of how it seems that the really good people are trying to close off the group of people who CAN unlock oni, and since you're in the inside of that, you proved my point not because of bias, but because of the point i'm trying to make about people like you, who can unlock it easily. Though still opinion, its people as good as you who are running ffr.

Sprite - don't tell me you can't AAA those songs for oni...
thelostone is offline  
Old 06-24-2009, 07:07 PM   #18
Sprite-
HAVE ME WITH VODKA
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Sprite-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Long Island, New York
Age: 32
Posts: 7,316
Default Re: Broken.

I never said I can't. I AAA'd a FMO that was extremely difficult back with avmisses to get Oni. I did my share of whoring and shedding blood and tears over the token. Just because we had a few updates to the game doesn't mean that everyone else should have an easier time getting it than the people who originally got it. It should still be as difficult as it was meant to be. You have no idea what you are talking about, and I can tell by the way you respond. Now if I had your mindset, I'd say "You're just saying that because you can't get it so that means you're biased." So please, just stop your complaining.

Last edited by Sprite-; 06-24-2009 at 07:09 PM..
Sprite- is offline  
Old 06-24-2009, 07:13 PM   #19
awein999
(ಠ⌣ಠ)
FFR Veteran
 
awein999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,587
Send a message via Skype™ to awein999
Default Re: Broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelostone View Post
Mina - you proved my point of how it seems that the really good people are trying to close off the group of people who CAN unlock oni, and since you're in the inside of that, you proved my point not because of bias, but because of the point i'm trying to make about people like you, who can unlock it easily. Though still opinion, its people as good as you who are running ffr.

Sprite - don't tell me you can't AAA those songs for oni...
I've unlocked oni even with the new requirements and I'm not in the "elite group". yeah you don't know what you are talking about, there are plenty of "not insanely good" people that have unlocked oni.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staiain View Post
i am super purple hippo
awein999 is offline  
Old 06-24-2009, 07:21 PM   #20
thelostone
FFR Player
FFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10
Default Re: Broken.

And here I thought the last edit for oni-unlocking songs were to correct for the difficulty decrease ever since av misses were fixed. Thanks for enlightening me... thats what the fix was for.. so the next time you fix it it'll be for that reason too??

no idea what i'm talking about? yeah so "plenty" would be like approximately 200 people, out of millions. enlighten me on what "insanely good" means - have you lost sight of the rest of the 99.99% of ffr players who can't unlock oni?
thelostone is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution