Old 02-2-2009, 02:05 PM   #201
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: World of Warcraft

Bought epic flyer yesterday and farmed another 1k after that to get nothrend flying. Also hit 80.

Funny how easy everything is. Running ten mans and 25 mans for the best gear in the game is quite sad. Don't even need a guild anymore. I guess blizzard decided that they can keep more people playing by making this game extremely easy for bad casual players.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-2-2009, 02:38 PM   #202
WTFBrandon
Shout out to Hades
FFR Veteran

Damn... Looks like nobody plays on my lame server.
It's fairly new so I didn't expect anyone to play on it.
Grizzly Hills.
I'm working on epic flying now too Izzy, grats on the get.
I just pick pocketed some guy this morning and he dropped some epic throwing knife.
Looked it up and it's supposedly extremely rare and normally sells for 5000g.
So there is my epic flying... :P Just gotta wait for it to sell.
Then gotta get to 77 to get stupid flying for Northerns... *sigh*
Old 02-2-2009, 02:54 PM   #203
fido123
FFR Player

I'm making sure I'm getting all my enchants and professions to 450 before I think of an epic flying...I'm a Tailor and an Enchanter...if I was a Miner or a Herbalist I would think otherwise.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-2-2009, 03:28 PM   #204
Izzy
Snek

I didn't even have a profession until i got my epic flyer yesterday. Made 4500g from questing to 80, and borrowed 700.

Leveled mining from 1-420.
Old 02-2-2009, 04:01 PM   #205
Red_Comet
Not your typical member
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Red_Comet Send a message via MSN to Red_Comet Send a message via Skype™ to Red_Comet

yeah, retro raids are great because it still takes more skill than most of the top raids now do. They utterly failed at scaling naxx imho.
"number 317"
Red_Comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-2-2009, 04:05 PM   #206
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Comet View Post
yeah, retro raids are great because it still takes more skill than most of the top raids now do. They utterly failed at scaling naxx imho.
I think Naxx was scaled really well...but I think Heroic Naxx should be much harder. Naxx is the Kara of WotLK...it's meant to be easy, and be a first step for raiding. I don't get all these tiny little easy raids though, it's basically like free loot. 25 retards could do OS-25. Naxx is a hard raid for the inexperienced though...and Pre-BC raiding isn't all that great IMO. SSC, TK, BT are my favorites.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-2-2009, 04:25 PM   #207
Red_Comet
Not your typical member
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Red_Comet Send a message via MSN to Red_Comet Send a message via Skype™ to Red_Comet

BT was well executed that's a given, hated that speed bump known as Kael though to get into it before they removed the reqs to get into T5 and up
"number 317"
Red_Comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-2-2009, 06:12 PM   #208
Kagome
Pop'n Music.
Retired Staff

Send a message via AIM to Kagome Send a message via MSN to Kagome

20 Manned Naxx 25 last night. All the best in slot loot dropped for like everyone too. It was pretty amazing.

Got the last two pieces of valorous to complete my 4 piece.
Kagome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-2-2009, 08:18 PM   #209
operationstrawbarry
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to operationstrawbarry Send a message via MSN to operationstrawbarry

(Destromath) Painkillerx - BM hunter still. have 27k g and 4 of my chars have epic fliers and my 3 are my alts.

Full epiced out. Missing 2 valerous which is my gloves and helm. Guild completed 3d Sarth, 25 man naxx and Maly. All on farm and we finish naxx in about 3 hours. Black Ice and Envoy of Mortality has not dropped yet.

Theres an update on me, and it seems like no one is updating this thread.

Last edited by operationstrawbarry; 02-2-2009 at 08:22 PM..
operationstrawbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2009, 12:09 AM   #210
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Did I mention that I lost the best in slot tanking piece(1 hander) to a DK that uses Black Ice typically for tanking?

I'm still pissed off about it.
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40402
Sir Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2009, 08:27 AM   #211
Arrio
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Arrio Send a message via MSN to Arrio

Well. DK's are much better tanks then say Pally's or Druids. Threat gen is ridiculously OP and not to mention they have multiple uses in both Single and Add tanking.
Old 02-3-2009, 02:03 PM   #212
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho View Post
Did I mention that I lost the best in slot tanking piece(1 hander) to a DK that uses Black Ice typically for tanking?

I'm still pissed off about it.
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40402
Yes and then we corrected you about it =x

Also, Paladins are still better tanks than DKs. Paladins can almost guarantee never taking an unmitigated hit, and the threat abilities are FAR above Frost DKs and slightly above Unholy. Druids are the worst from a healer's perspective since they soak up mana like crazy, and their only AOE tanking ability is a frontal swipe that pretty much keeps them GCD locked.
Grandiagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2009, 03:20 PM   #213
Izzy
Snek

What ever happened to warriors tanking. Back before tbc you would see almost 90% of 60 warriors being prot. I miss the good ol'days of 40 man raids and 10 hour alteric valleys with pvp ranking.
Old 02-3-2009, 04:05 PM   #214
WTFBrandon
Shout out to Hades
FFR Veteran

I was wondering.
What would be the best 1 hand sword for lets say... rogues?
Since im maining one atm and it's been a few months that i've played the game and got a decent start with raiding and so on.
A lot of people fail on my server... don't know how to heal or tank or really do anything.
My friend PvP'ed with me not to long ago when he made a DK on my server and said I did really well for it being my second month playing.
But, I wanna know what I should be doing for when I reach 80, what I should be doing on my way there, so on.
Since you guys sounds pretty exp'ed with the game so far.
ALSO!
A good enchant for rogues aswell (on the sword), i saw Beserking and it looked pretty damn cool and really effective for a rogue. But i wanna know what is the best, since I remember my friend showing me mongoose a long time ago when I was at his house. (at that time I didn't play) and he told me that was the best and looked sick.
I have an idea on what Beserking does but I forget, I know what mongoose does.
So which is better in someones opinion?
Also, best 1 hand swords I should be looking into getting.

Found
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40407
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40491

They look pretty beast and so far the best. Anything beat that?
Also, how do I get them... I don't see either of them in a drop list. I guess I can just worry about that what i'm 80.
But damn, those are sexy.

Last edited by WTFBrandon; 02-3-2009 at 04:49 PM..
WTFBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2009, 09:12 PM   #215
DrKirth
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I used to be a DW fury warrior pre-BC, and it was great. But now there's a chronic shortage of tanks on my server so I went prot.

Be efficient.

DrKirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2009, 11:04 PM   #216
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

The biggest reason why I'm upset about the DK taking the weapon, was that weapon was the deal breaker for letting me be one of the boss tanks(because my gear was lacking, yet my stats weren't).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrio View Post
Well. DK's are much better tanks then say Pally's or Druids. Threat gen is ridiculously OP and not to mention they have multiple uses in both Single and Add tanking.

Feral druids are great for damage soakers(Like hateful strikes and such) because they can generate ridiculous threat to stay second on threat, have ridiculous dodge, health and armor.

DKs make good tanks with bosses that have a segment of the fight of a timed spike in damage because their cool downs don't take that long(IE - 3Drakes Sartharion)

Paladins are the best AoE tanks. And I guess no one could possibly beat them in an undead fight(unless Exorcism isn't an efficient skill to use, same with Holy Wrath).

And warrior tanks are still the best single target tanks. We take less damage than a paladin hit with a full hit(Even though we have 23.5k armor too, which is ~60%, we get an extra 10% just for being in defensive stance), our skills are more geared to a single target.(I manage to get off 3 Heroic Strikes, 5 Devastates, 1 Revenge and 3-4 Shield Slams in 9 seconds... Which is a ton of threat... I can't remember the exact amount, but I've pulled that off in an opening of a boss fight and that topped me at about 100k threat and 7.9k TPS), our cool downs make us invulnerable basically for 15 seconds(60% less damage, 30% maximum health, and 100% increased Block Rating and Block Value[That means Patches hits me for about 2k, I have 49k health, and I can block 127% of the time and block up to 5k damage]).

I'm not saying another tank couldn't do that, they can. I know they can. I've played a feral tank, a prot pally in TBC, and tanked on my warrior since vanilla WoW(never did a raid though, such a shame), I'm just saying what each tank class is *typically* used for.

Last edited by Sir Psycho; 02-3-2009 at 11:14 PM..
Old 02-3-2009, 11:05 PM   #217
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Longest post I've made yet O_o.

WoW is srs business
Old 02-4-2009, 09:36 AM   #218
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
~60%, we get an extra 10% just for being in defensive stance
And Pally tanks get an extra 3% for blessing sanctuary, and another 6% for improved righteous fury, so we're basically at par on that

Quote:
our skills are more geared to a single target.(I manage to get off 3 Heroic Strikes, 5 Devastates, 1 Revenge and 3-4 Shield Slams in 9 seconds... Which is a ton of threat
Taunt pull, avenger's shield, judge, shield of righteousness, hammer of righteousness, consecrate, holy shield, and the vast majority of it is holy damage which deals +90% threat so it basically counts for double.

Quote:
And I guess no one could possibly beat them in an undead fight(unless Exorcism isn't an efficient skill to use, same with Holy Wrath).
Exorcism is -always- the pull skill of choice when fighting undead -or- demons (So far more often that you might think) Holy wrath is fantastic for fights with lots of adds (Kel'Thuzad right before he goes active is a great time for holy wrath, you get about 1200 damage per target, about 2000 threat each, and it stuns for 3 seconds) I was maintanking Patches (Thus, technically -not- the best of the two tanks, since you want the person with more health to be second on the list to soak the hateful strikes) and pretty much entirely because of how efficient exorcism and holy wrath are on undead/demons, the other tank, who can outthreat me in most cases fairly easily, was able to not hold back at all and still stay second on the list.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2009, 10:37 AM   #219
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
And Pally tanks get an extra 3% for blessing sanctuary, and another 6% for improved righteous fury, so we're basically at par on that
But if a warrior gets Blessing of Sanctuary, we're at 13%. You're at 9%.

I hate taunt pulling. It doesn't give any initial threat. I guess it makes sense for a ranged pull, but that's what Avenger's Shield is for.

And I love being the OT on Patches. I love seeing big numbers fly over my head. <3

Last edited by Sir Psycho; 02-4-2009 at 10:43 AM..
Old 02-4-2009, 01:06 PM   #220
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Well, Paladins only -had- Avenger's Shield as a ranged pulling mechanism. Sometimes it was necessary to only pull one guy, and finally having a ranged single target pull is a hell of a lot more efficient than having someone else pull and then taunting the mob off them.

Also, the single target taunt is INCREDIBLY useful as an off-tank. Previously, if the main tank got adds on them, you had to pull them off purely by threat generation lest you taunt the main think they were tanking off them as well. Now at least you can peel guys away as you need to.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote