Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Audio and Music Production
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-1-2008, 09:45 PM   #1
Doctor_Attitude
FFR Player

Default Hydelide

So running through youtube, I found this guy, Hydelide. He's put up dozens and DOZENS of youtube tutorials for music production, mainly focusing on Reason 3 and 4 but touching over a lot of things about synthesizers that are important for anyone to know.

Anyways, I decided to check out his personal page. This guy has over 300 songs he's made, ranging from all different genres of dance. This guy really contributes and gives away all his music for free. He just released his 14th gree album.

On top of his youtube tutorials he also has written tutorials, videoblogs and all that.

Naturally I figured to see activity here considering the guy is such a contributor(that and he's been producing for at least a dozen years.)

Looking at his forums though... he has no exposure. Absolutely none. He posts diligently as if to get responses from people, making jokes... but he has NO ONE on his forums. After seeing that I really felt bad for the guy. Granted I know he's plenty happy with the work he puts into his site and everything he does. But I can't help but feel like the guy needs something back.

http://evanderheide.demon.nl/reason/...=viewforum&f=6

are his forums. Check it out read his posts, check his tutorials. Probably a lot of you could learn a lot from them.

Respect to this man from the Netherlands.

Hatt~
Doctor_Attitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2008, 09:48 PM   #2
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973
Default Re: Hydelide

this makes me want reason even more =/

checking out his tuts on synths for sure

thanks for the great find Doctor Attitude
Old 08-2-2008, 04:58 PM   #3
Hydlide
FFR Player

I thought I would just drop by and say hi! I saw some of you guys dropping by, comming from this post (its called a referer.. I am a webmaster too, so I know what I am talking about )

Personally, I have never left a tear for the lack of responses. I have had my 'webpage' for 4 years now and even had to delete the forumboards back in the days from time to time because I was being spammed by... 'bots'. I had a couple of persons dropping by from time to time, but most communication just goes over IRC, MSN, Mail or youtube these days.

Hence why I personally could not really care much about my own forum boards... in a way... I have just gotten used to the fact, having so many reason users dropping by, they just dont say a word... they just prefer to download stuff and leave as fast as possible.

Personally, I could gain user accounts just by having people to register before downloading... but ehr, yeah... my experience is like when I come to a download page and I need to register before I can download, I am gone in a way of speaking. So I personally want to keep it easier for my own users.

Anyways, I am just glad that I found this post. Because personally, you make me cry in a way. Yes, I am a real big contributer to the masses, and I have shared my knowledge because I think it would just be 'selfish' to sit on the things I personally know and not share it with a greater public. Even I don't know everything yet, but thats the part of the always learning curve I like about creating music. But just the way you put it Doctor Attitude.. you just hit the marker right there. This is kind of the feedback I am missing from time to time. Thats also why I needed to reply when I read this post.I have seen other posts on other forum boards, but what you have just said just hits the nail... right there... I am a contributer, I don't ask for anything, I just do my own thing, and people just keep silent... Maybe I just baffle them.. who knows

Anyways, this has been a really long reply... I just gotta check out the rest of this site. I already saw something as a flash chat thingy you guys have running over here and it looked really cool. I just gotta check out the rest of the site and maybe post a 'newbie' topic tomorrow.

Anyways, chears to the guy from California. I really appreciate the post in here. And I will drop by here from time to time... and look up any questions about Propellerhead Reason (since I kinda feel like I am an expert on this matter )

Last edited by Hydlide; 08-2-2008 at 05:01 PM..
Hydlide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-2-2008, 09:05 PM   #4
nubbin149
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

Most definitely. I was checking out some of his music, and if you haven't listened to his "Unreal" series. You haven't lived yet. I remember playing The old unreal tournament's and the music always stuck out to me. Amazing stuff going on .
nubbin149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-2-2008, 09:08 PM   #5
Doctor_Attitude
FFR Player

Wow, thanks for replying the the post here. The baffling part is that you saw this post all the way over here! There's a story there, you'll have to tell me later.

Regardless, still lots of respect, maybe this post will get some more people to watch your tutorials, because there's a lot of info there for everyone from new producer to even far more experienced tutorials.

I'll pop in on your forums too every once in a while
Doctor_Attitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-3-2008, 04:45 AM   #6
Hydlide
FFR Player

I will probably baffle some more... This is what I got today from newgrounds:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/947393

and also I have been participating in to this too... there was some thread about reason 4... hence I know about reason 4.. and I know how to create patches... here is my responds to that

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/947495

Crap, I feel like such a newb I should particapate much more on this
Hydlide is offline   Reply With Quote