Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Health and Fitness
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2017, 08:23 PM   #1
blanky!
Banned
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to blanky!
Default The other reason I returned

Long story short: running season ended last fall and I gained 15-20 lbs between the end of October and now. Went from ~145 to over 160 and lost a lot of the speed I had. Now that track has started up again I'm trying to take it all off with Arch0wl's weight loss plan. It's a little too early to call this a progress thread but we'll see if I can stick to 1000-1700 calories/day over the coming weeks. I will rename the thread when that happens.

Stats:
5'8''
~160 lbs (as of 3/10)

Questions:
1) How should I most accurately weigh myself to account for variations in water weight/undigested food?
2) Exactly how much spinach should I eat per day in order to satisfy my micronutrient needs?
blanky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:40 PM   #2
Sanjixcon
Banned

Default Re: The other reason I returned

weigh urself naked first thing in the morning before u eat or drink anything and hopefully take a #1 and/or #2 beforehand. gl mang :D
Sanjixcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 04:28 PM   #3
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

To my understanding, metabolic rate can be measured from your daily activity level. If you're worried about your micronutrients, you could take a multivitamin.a lot of people who lose weight take one so they don't feel like shit.
AND watch anime.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:12 AM   #4
blanky!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjixcon View Post
weigh urself naked first thing in the morning before u eat or drink anything and hopefully take a #1 and/or #2 beforehand. gl mang :D
158 lbs today (3/12/2017)

Ran yesterday and felt like shit, but that's expected when you're on a low-carb diet.
Hopefully I can get my hunger levels down with today's so-called "refeed". I'm incredibly happy to have this break! (edit: breakfast was M M M tasty)
I can tell that lean proteins will get boring very quickly. This will be fun...

Last edited by blanky!; 03-12-2017 at 11:02 AM..
Old 03-12-2017, 11:26 AM   #5
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

You really shouldn't do a low carb diet dude. The chances of you maintaining that diet for a lifetime is very unrealistic. Low carb diets are for people who want to drop weight quickly and don't mind putting the weight back on again. Once you start consuming carbs again, you'll just gain the weight again.

Carbs are good dude....the primary source for energy. You can lose weight while consuming them.
AND watch anime.

Last edited by Mahou; 03-12-2017 at 11:28 AM..
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:28 PM   #6
blanky!
Banned

Oh, I know, don't worry. Most of my calories today are coming from carbs. Otherwise I'd be hungry as hell every day, not to mention psychologically deprived.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:13 AM   #7
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

I would actually disagree, for many people low carb diets are very tolerable and cutting carbs are often the most efficient place to cut calories. Fats and proteins generally have higher satiety values per calorie, so in terms of hunger management it's effective, and dropping carbs usually doesn't negatively affect people long term.

Unless you're talking about 0 carb diets which are a bit different, since actually going into full blown ketogenesis is questionable...

But 'low' carb can mean many things, and there's nothing wrong with running a fairly low carb diet, scientifically speaking. I always cut exclusively carbohydrates out of my diet when I cut, and I've been doing this for 5+ years now.

What there is good evidence against however is running a low fat diet, which can cause hormonal imbalances if sustained over the long term. Not recommended. Low protein diets aren't recommended either because of muscle wasting.

Last edited by Reach; 03-14-2017 at 08:14 AM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:31 PM   #8
blanky!
Banned

Default My Own Very Personal Weight Loss Thread

Progress is going well. I've been feeling far fuller on far less calories. Yesterday I went a little overboard, eating 2300 calories when I should've been eating 1600, but today I'm back on track. I should mention that after yesterday, I felt quite bloated, compared to previously when I could eat over 3000 calories and still feel hungry.
Life is surprisingly easy on a low-calorie diet after having gotten used to it in a few days!

Haven't had the chance to weigh myself accurately yet but we'll get a good measurement in this weekend (hopefully).