Old 12-29-2019, 06:31 PM   #1181
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Bugs that don't deserve their own thread

can u fix http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/live/ again idk why it keeps breaking
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 06:32 PM   #1182
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny58624 View Post
When using the "Reverse" mod, only the song is played in reverse. The arrows still go as if the song was played normally.
Doubt this is intended because:
1) it's dumb not having notes synced to the reversed song
2) it disables scoring even though only the sound was changed

Playing in FFR R³ Air Edition.
he right it just reverses the audio atm not the chart
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-7-2020, 01:45 PM   #1183
Luden
FFR Player

I FC'd "the games we played" pt 1-5 and the full song didn't unlock. I don't understand why, and would like to add: if there is a requirement to FC them IN ORDER, then it should probably be clarified. I'm not gonna replay the songs again today, so not seeing the full edition unlock made me sigh. :-/
Luden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-7-2020, 01:50 PM   #1184
Jayden1234
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luden View Post
I FC'd "the games we played" pt 1-5 and the full song didn't unlock. I don't understand why, and would like to add: if there is a requirement to FC them IN ORDER, then it should probably be clarified. I'm not gonna replay the songs again today, so not seeing the full edition unlock made me sigh. :-/
Pretty sure you have to check levelrank.php for Achievement/Event tokens. I checked yours for you and you should have the token now.
Jayden1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:52 AM   #1185
lolzkai1
FFR Player

I FC'd "Pita" at least 10 times now but it's not showing up as a FC can someone help me? Thank you!
lolzkai1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 11:45 AM   #1186
ositzxz369
Venetian Snares stepper
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolzkai1 View Post
I FC'd "Pita" at least 10 times now but it's not showing up as a FC can someone help me? Thank you!
your best score will be the one that's shown (so all the other FC's might not be as good as ur best).
ositzxz369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 12:19 PM   #1187
Vulminous
FFR Player

So I cant play FFR on my school chromebook.
It isn't blocked
It just doesn't wanna work correctly.
If I could post the screenshot, it would show that I got 2-3-1-121-8
If I play any song, it goes really fast for a bit, even though I have the rate on 1.
I have tried anything to fix it, and I can't run the swf file, please help.
Also i would try to post the replay but i havent made 5 forum posts
Vulminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2020, 08:22 PM   #1188
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

'PWND!' and ''Crowdpleaser'' still show song difficulty as 0
Old 03-3-2020, 08:31 PM   #1189
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
'PWND!' and ''Crowdpleaser'' still show song difficulty as 0
Long time no see. This is not a bug, that's what the difficulties for those songs were later designated to. Because of those songs' incredible difficulty spikes (relative to the easiness of the remainder of those charts), it's near impossible to assign a meaningful difficulty to them, which is why those songs have a difficulty of 0.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2020, 10:54 PM   #1190
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
Long time no see. This is not a bug, that's what the difficulties for those songs were later designated to. Because of those songs' incredible difficulty spikes (relative to the easiness of the remainder of those charts), it's near impossible to assign a meaningful difficulty to them, which is why those songs have a difficulty of 0.
<3 ... I kinda get it, but like, hows that any different to a harder 40 second song having a lower difficulty due to song length? I think every song should have at least an estimated song difficulty, and it really bothers me when I try to clean up songs based on their levels and that I have 0 difficulty songs stuck at the top there. I know its not a big complaint but I feel like an estimated or average song difficulty makes more sense than a 0 difficulty
Old 03-3-2020, 11:05 PM   #1191
Not devonin
FFR Player

Quote:
<3 ... I kinda get it, but like, hows that any different to a harder 40 second song having a lower difficulty due to song length? I think every song should have at least an estimated song difficulty, and it really bothers me when I try to clean up songs based on their levels and that I have 0 difficulty songs stuck at the top there. I know its not a big complaint but I feel like an estimated or average song difficulty makes more sense than a 0 difficulty
Since a player's level is based on their AAA equiv on their best 15 songs, you run into some statistical issues with songs like that.

Base the difficulty on the bulk of the song which is really low, and nobody will be able to get useful equiv on it because of how the spike will tank their score relative to the low difficulty.

Base the difficulty on the difficulty of the spike, and it ends up giving away a ton of unbalancing equiv to people who can get even a somewhat reasonable score on the rest of the song.
Not devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2020, 11:34 PM   #1192
Jayden1234
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
<3 ... I kinda get it, but like, hows that any different to a harder 40 second song having a lower difficulty due to song length?
If the 40-second song maintains a consistent difficulty level throughout the chart, then it makes more sense than Crowdpleaser being relatively straightforward except for two short bursts that are substantially more difficult than what surrounds it. Crowdpleaser is very easy, save for about five total seconds wherein it is extremely difficult. Yoshi's Cookie is pretty consistent with its note density and patterns, so rating that at 26 seconds doesn't seem as far-fetched.
Quote:
I know its not a big complaint but I feel like an estimated or average song difficulty makes more sense than a 0 difficulty
It absolutely does not make more sense. If you averaged PWND!'s chart down to, say, a 65, a player who is level 64 will get the surprise of their life when they breeze through the entire chart only to get kicked in the shins by illegible charting that matches nothing and is much more difficult to score on than the rest of the chart.
Also, applying this kind of logic to something like The Wises Were Wrong would have pretty funny results.

The 0s are token songs that have no AAA equivalency. Playing them doesn't statistically affect you at all, save for increasing your grand total. You can completely ignore them and nothing will have changed.

Last edited by Jayden1234; 03-3-2020 at 11:40 PM..
Old 03-4-2020, 12:02 AM   #1193
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Maybe it would make better sense for the Difficulty to be listed as "U" for unranked and not count towards anyone's level? Songs like that are typically very hard to place anyways, you'd kind of bypass the ranking issue if that was possible.

TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-4-2020, 12:09 AM   #1194
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 View Post
Maybe it would make better sense for the Difficulty to be listed as "U" for unranked and not count towards anyone's level? Songs like that are typically very hard to place anyways, you'd kind of bypass the ranking issue if that was possible.

I’d prefer something like this
Old 03-15-2020, 12:21 PM   #1195
Ninty64
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Enties!

Ninty64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 01:03 PM   #1196
URL
Rainbow Enthusiast
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not devonin View Post
Since a player's level is based on their AAA equiv on their best 15 songs, you run into some statistical issues with songs like that.

Base the difficulty on the bulk of the song which is really low, and nobody will be able to get useful equiv on it because of how the spike will tank their score relative to the low difficulty.

Base the difficulty on the difficulty of the spike, and it ends up giving away a ton of unbalancing equiv to people who can get even a somewhat reasonable score on the rest of the song.
A nice middle ground might be to give a rating based on the difficulty of the spike, but put an asterisk next to it, to show that it's unranked.
  • Highest CLEAN FC: Rave 1 [84]
  • Highest MASHED FC: grind4 [95]

All (or most) songs up to Level 27 AAA'd.

URL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 06:17 PM   #1197
TWG Fauna
FFR Player

For some reason, the full edition of the games we played doesn’t play sound for me
TWG Fauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 05:48 PM   #1198
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

No audio in the full edition of the games we played for me either
Old 03-26-2020, 06:21 PM   #1199
Jayden1234
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fauna View Post
For some reason, the full edition of the games we played doesn’t play sound for me
Quote:
No audio in the full edition of the games we played for me either
If you go to settings, try selecting "force new judge mode" near the framerate setting. If that doesn't work, increase your framerate to 31 at a minimum. This bug isn't specific to The Games We Played (Full Edition) and applies to every song longer than 10 minutes, I think. If you play TGWP Full, Starbound, or Ants of the Sky with a framerate ⩽30, it will be muted for some reason.
EDIT: This is assuming you're playing on the standalone. I don't know if the framerate fix applies to the browser version, which you should not be playing anyway.

Last edited by Jayden1234; 03-26-2020 at 06:23 PM..
Old 03-26-2020, 06:41 PM   #1200
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayden1234 View Post
If you go to settings, try selecting "force new judge mode" near the framerate setting. If that doesn't work, increase your framerate to 31 at a minimum. This bug isn't specific to The Games We Played (Full Edition) and applies to every song longer than 10 minutes, I think. If you play TGWP Full, Starbound, or Ants of the Sky with a framerate ⩽30, it will be muted for some reason.
EDIT: This is assuming you're playing on the standalone. I don't know if the framerate fix applies to the browser version, which you should not be playing anyway.

Thanks ticked the force new judge mode and it worked <3

All the other 10 minute plus songs worked, strange