Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2011, 01:43 PM   #21
Oni-Paranoia
No fucks
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Your job "secrets"

Dunkin' Donuts - This gets weird

- Most of us never wash our hands, this includes half the guys who jerk-off during their breaks

- We wear gloves if you're watching, in drive-thru I don't even wear gloves.

- The coolatta machine is filled wrong (doing it wrong makes it melt faster) when the manager leaves, it's a longer process to do it right.

- Our donuts sit in the back with flies from 5am to 5am.

- Iced coffee is supposed to be re-made every 8 hours... we wait till the container is empty (only decaf and dark roast usually go past this time).

- Hot coffee is supposed to be brewed every 18 minutes... we wait till the pot is empty (this could be hours on the night shift)

- Any utensils or anything that hits the floor, we still use.

We're sanitary with a few things because of the new manager but once the manager is out the store, we really just don't give a shit for the little things, he's a ****ing dickhead.

Oh, and DON'T EVER EAT anything VEGGIE. You don't want to know what's in it.
Oni-Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #22
ninjaKIWI
plain old ugly ass dumbas
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ninjaKIWI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni-Paranoia View Post
Oh, and DON'T EVER EAT anything VEGGIE. You don't want to know what's in it.
What's in it?
ninjaKIWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:04 PM   #23
m0de
Marble Eater
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to m0de

well.. add dunkin donuts to the list of never eat here again places.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:04 PM   #24
lumphoboextreme
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Yahoo to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Skype™ to lumphoboextreme

Lol I'm glad I haven't had a real job like these. o.o
Old 08-26-2011, 02:40 PM   #25
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur

I work at an arcade, and whenever a customer acts like an idiot, me and the managers gather in the office and laugh our asses off and talk.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:40 PM   #26
i love you
Live a wonderful life~
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

This thread is amazing. I have a few secrets myself on Kroger and HEB but it's basically stealing from the store so i don't want to reveal lmao
i love you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:51 AM   #27
welsh_girl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to welsh_girl Send a message via MSN to welsh_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Snip
Glad I never eat there. Or that we have dunkin' Doughnuts lol
welsh_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:46 AM   #28
-zeroSKILL-
Fuc Da Police
FFR Veteran

Location: It's grossly inappropriate and borderline bannable. --Guido
Send a message via AIM to -zeroSKILL-

You don't want to know what goes on in retail pharmacy locations, like Wal-Greens, Rite-Aid, WalMart, or any other place that's not a hospital...

Retail pharmacy locations are about making money, and anything that can't be directly tracked down to their fault for your medication making you ill, is ignored. If it's possible, have your prescriptions filled at a hospital.

Pharmacists (pharmacy managers essentially) have actively told me to pick up pills accidentally dropped on the floor and either put them back in the bottle I was using to fill a prescription, or to use them directly in the prescription I was filling. Lost pills are both a monetary loss (an extremely large one usually, your insurance covers a huge portion of the actual cost most of the time) and a lot of paperwork for the pharmacists when restocking when they have to account for "missing" pills.

Any medication you receive that is in a container like this:

was physically touched by a pharmacy technician, and possibly hand counted if the number of pills prescribed is 100 or less; and you never know whats happened with your pills while your prescription was filled.

Also, if you're going to attempt to claim you received an incorrect number of pills, and you should have received more, to get more meds... Don't say something stupid like 1 or 2 pills. We count pills in increments of 5. You can probably get away with getting 5 extra pills 65% of the time by claiming you were short changed by 5 pills. A technician miscounting 10 pills or more will likely result in their termination. Don't do that unless it really happened.

Employee theft of pills is never tolerated. Ever. You will go to prison if caught stealing or attempting to steal any pill or medicine while working as a pharmacy technician (including anything as minor as Tylenol or laxatives).

We don't get free drugs just because we work behind the counter. About the strongest pill that you might be able to get away with taking is vicodin (a "Schedule III" narcotic) just because it's kept in mass quantity (we have giant bottles containing 1,000 pills) on the floor with "weaker" medications such as Aspirin (and pills like this are easily written off as being "broken" or otherwise unusable for prescription purposes), just about anything stronger than that is considered a Schedule II (think Morphine or Cocaine [Cocaine is actually used quite often as a local anesthetic in certain types of surgery, though never held in pharmacies. Only hospitals have cocaine in stock.]) and kept under lock and key in every pharmacy in the USA, by law. Pills from this locked cabinet are religiously checked and kept track of. Any pills missing from here warrant an extensive investigation to determine when, where, and how the pill(s) came up missing. We treat the handling of these medications as if our careers depend upon it, because they do.

A Schedule I (Defined as having "no medical use" in the USA... Think Heroin or Ecstasy) drug you can find on the streets. Pharmacies will obviously never carry these.

I left out a lot of stuff that turned even myself off from using local pharmacies, just because i don't want to scare people off completely from them. The pills you get are generally 100% safe, and we do use the utmost care when handling pills... but if you walk into a busy pharmacy to have your prescription filled, just know the techs are in a rush to get everyones prescription filled, and accidents *do* happen and *are* often overlooked as long as deemed not life threatening.

Also, the biggest cause for having to wait so long to get your prescription while waiting in a busy pharmacy is because as a technician we have to translate the doctors sig (Rx), which may actually require a phone call to the doctor if their handwriting is so atrocious we can't discern what they wrote to have them *tell* us what your prescription is, then write the Rx (prescription) into your patient profile, locate the drug in our inventory, count out the number of pills prescribed, double count them (we count *every* prescription twice... even the ones for 500 pills or more, fml) for accuracy, bottle them, place your Rx guide (the label stating your medication and directions for use we translated from the hieroglyphics your doctor wrote) on the bottle, then send them off to the pharmacist for triple checking the prescription is right. The pharmacist is legally liable for any "misfilled" prescriptions and it's up to them to decide how thoroughly to check the work of a technician. After the pharmacist has approved the prescription the tech has filled, you the customer are then called to the counter to pick the medication up.

Don't be mad at long wait times in a pharmacy . We're doing the best we can while trying to ensure the highest level of accuracy is provided to each prescription. The biggest causes for long wait times on Rx's are horribly written doctors prescriptions to where we have to call your doctor for clarification, or large pill counts (since we have to count every prescription twice). Also, filling a prescription for a Schedule II medication will take extra time usually just due to the "care" we put into those prescriptions.

Any other questions on pharmacy operation or whats going on maybe at a hospital or anything similar, I've been in or around pharmacy in both retail and hospital facilities for several years and should be able to answer most questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddychuck@yahoo.com View Post
God is a ******. Go away Jesus freak and read the bible --->
-zeroSKILL- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:30 AM   #29
Squares, the Cube
Companion Cube
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Squares, the Cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by raskanally View Post
Subway:

-take subs every night
-sleep in the back
-do drugs in the back
-most of the time people wouldnt wash their hands
-steal whole packages of meats and drinks
Subway you say? Well, I work at Quiznos:

-"Why wash your hands? You'll be wearing gloves anyway!" is the Quiznos model.
-If you drop a ton of meat or anything, just rinse it off. It's still good.
-I just dropped a TON of cucumber pieces like a two days ago and I was instructed to rinse it off and put it back in there.
-The dishwater used to clean everything, is suppose to be blue. However, it's yellow or orange due to grease and food. I do my best to clean, but there's so much I can do.
-The hard boiled egg pieces come from a bag. O.o
-If we ever say "Oh, your ________ will be ready in a moment, sir." That translate to "Oh we put it in a super dirty microwave for about 30 seconds to a minute." It usually comes out cold if it's chili... Which is why I don't tell people we have any.

Also, if you live close to Union New Jersey and know where the route 22 Quiznos is, come by. I'll give you a huge discount anytime after 2:30pm... My bosses love me too much to check the camera.
Squares, the Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:47 AM   #30
ninjaKIWI
plain old ugly ass dumbas

Send a message via AIM to ninjaKIWI

Everything always comes from bags in places like that, Squares.
ninjaKIWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:02 AM   #31
Sweet_Feet
Washed Up
FFR Veteran

I work at Quiznos too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squares, the Cube View Post
-"Why wash your hands? You'll be wearing gloves anyway!" is the Quiznos model.
We just don't enforce it at all but the entire staff is pretty sanitary when it comes to this stuff.
Quote:
-If you drop a ton of meat or anything, just rinse it off. It's still good.
We do this for all our veggies, never meat.. k maybe the meatballs one time but yeah.
Quote:
-The hard boiled egg pieces come from a bag. O.o
Hard boiled egg??? Must be an american thing haha.
Quote:
-If we ever say "Oh, your ________ will be ready in a moment, sir." That translate to "Oh we put it in a super dirty microwave for about 30 seconds to a minute." It usually comes out cold if it's chili... Which is why I don't tell people we have any.
We actually never ever use the microwave and we have burners for the soup which work really well.

We kinda rip you off at our store though. Let's say Quiznos sets the standard recipe for a Lg Prime Rib Steak at 5.5/6oz of meat and 4 slices of cheese, we're only aloud to put on 4oz and 2 slices of cheese. This applies for every sub we sell. In a way it's kind of saving people from a cholesterol freak out. The Triple Cheese Roast Beef would be 5oz of beef followed by an ABSURD amount of mayo (1.5oz...no, not kidding) and top it off with 11 slices of cheese (4 cheddar, 4 mozza, 3 swiss.. or something like that).

I actually really like it at Quiznos and there's not too much wrong with it, from what I've seen over the past 2 years anyways.
Sweet_Feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:24 AM   #32
Squares, the Cube
Companion Cube
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Squares, the Cube

We have the burners too, but our boss doesn't put the chili on the burner.. She just puts it into a container and stores. Our store doesn't even have the meatball and buffalo chicken subs anymore.

The Quiznos I work at is independently owned and operated, so I'm sure there are a huge amount of variations on the rules that our boss shouldn't be enforcing, but are enforcing. Like, I've seen every type of meat dropped on dirty floor, rinsed, and then used.

Just by looking at the sandwiches you guys offer, we don't have a Triple Cheese Roast Beef. That sounds pretty decent. It's crazy that you guys put on less meat. Here, in America, people complain about not getting enough and say to hell with the calorie/cholesterol count.

Also, the hard boiled egg pieces are for salads. Which is funny... The bacon we put on our salads, we have to squeeze out the grease.. We use those bathroom paper towels to do so.
Squares, the Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:11 AM   #33
Babyvpr
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
FFR Veteran

The only legit job i've ever had & still currently for is Lifetouch & we just don't have any secrets. We, or at least I take my job completely seriously o.o

I've had a few one day jobs at festivals & carnivals making food & that shit...just...JUST DON'T EVER EAT SOME OF IT D; Especially the greek food. You will more than likely get sick as ****.
Babyvpr is offline   Reply With Quote