Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2008, 10:41 AM   #1
mhss1992
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Mental block

It's as if I were cursed, really. I blackflagged Purple, Silence and Pwntendo,(and since the point of the thread are not these scores, I'll post here anyway), and I got really stressed and played these songs repeatedly to AAA them, and now I always get crazy and hit early the first notes when the jump stream beggins or other parts in Silence, I always get a good on one or two arrows of the stream in Purple, and when I don't, I miss something in the begginning of the song and do the stream PERFECTLY, and I always hit something early on Pwntendo. What can I do to play decently again?
mhss1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:44 AM   #2
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Location: My own world. Miserable. Disgusting. Appalling. Pessimistic. Horrific. Terrible.
Send a message via AIM to Xx{Midday}xX Send a message via MSN to Xx{Midday}xX
Default Re: Mental block

Never play the same song more than 5 (arbitrary number) times in a row. Causes habit.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)
Xx{Midday}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:24 PM   #3
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Flip your screen. Play on a different speed. Play mini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:20 PM   #4
george123456789
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to george123456789

When I have mental blocks, and trust me I get alot, I change the zoom to 75% and most of the time I get PA. Other then that try eating....eating helps everything.
george123456789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:28 PM   #5
reptile3141
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Mirror mode. : D
reptile3141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:21 PM   #6
mhss1992
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midday}xX View Post
Never play the same song more than 5 (arbitrary number) times in a row. Causes habit.
I agree that repeating a song many times is stressful and causes mental blocks, but there were also times I told myself "I won't leave this chair until I AAA this thing". It worked for Carrousel Paradise, Hungarian Dance 7, Arabian Assassin, and a few others.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:24 PM   #7
pmonibuv1
yes
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to pmonibuv1 Send a message via Skype™ to pmonibuv1

i have an idea that might work. try playing the song at a faster speed a few times, then go back to your original speed and try the song again. it might help, it might not help. gl on the AAAs
FMO AAA's (55): Rottel-Da-Station, Church Bells, Arrogant Cobbler, Grocery Escape Plan, Disconnected Hardkore, Minute Waltz v2, Battle Theme #37, Flight of the Bumblebee, Midnight Dragon, Jeanie and Caroline, Blue-Violet, Puzzle, Kyrie, 300, Largiloquent Dithyramb, Brandish Headless, Going On Spring Wind, Novo Mundo, Gacha Gacha Hertz Figu atto Radio, Starwolf, Melonman's OP, Summer Time Perfume, Perfect Cherry Storm, Hajnal, Epidermis, Strangeprogram, Thrash, Lawn Wake I (LW EP Edit), Choprite, AIM Anthem, Dance and Zeal, Kanon Medley ~Metal Wings~, Clockwork, JULIA, Heavenly Spores, Distorted God, Radio Heads, Epilogue, Spoils, Ripoff, Since 1983, A FLOWER GARDEN, The earth blew up, Phalanx, Chronograph, Black Key Etude, Trinity, super mario bros theme (original NES is awesome), Jack-The-Ripper, Poppin' Shower, cheerful forest, Trisection v2, Devilz Staircase, Colibri, Club

FGO AAA's (2): Time To Eye, The Bird's Concrete Nosedive

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pmonibuv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:56 PM   #8
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Location: My own world. Miserable. Disgusting. Appalling. Pessimistic. Horrific. Terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhss1992 View Post
I agree that repeating a song many times is stressful and causes mental blocks, but there were also times I told myself "I won't leave this chair until I AAA this thing". It worked for Carrousel Paradise, Hungarian Dance 7, Arabian Assassin, and a few others.
Doesn't matter. If you're going to work on one song, work on multiple songs at that same time.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)
Old 10-24-2008, 12:27 AM   #9
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

Quote:
It's really not a good idea to do that.
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:09 AM   #10
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

If you lack the score consistency (like I do), then I strongly recommend not whoring songs for you'll do worse with each gameplay. My scores are very inconsistent and usually my good scores happen on my first or second try. Any other attempts beyond that are pretty much garbage or bad but there are the rare occasions where I actually do pretty well.

Whore a song every few gameplay or sessions. Never all in one sitting and/or in a row.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:24 AM   #11
FontSize72LOL
☆~{2D <3}~☆
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I do that quite often myself. Though alot of the time its worked out for me.. some times not. Usually i'll get like 10-15 bad runs, then 1 good run.. but not good enough most of the time so its rinse and repeat. A few of the songs ive AAAed took me 50 if not almost 100 tries ._.

Btw... 8 times out of 10 my first run through is always one of my better runs.

Get Kancho'd

FontSize72LOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 05:35 PM   #12
pmonibuv1
yes
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to pmonibuv1 Send a message via Skype™ to pmonibuv1

i have a mental block that is still with me until this day. it was in a tourney and it was the song sound of my dream RMX. me and someone else were in the finals, i won. but it was at first i had 8 goods, then he showerd up with 5 goods, then i had 3 goods, then i kept playing that song for like 10 minutes until i couldnt get the AAA and settled for just 1 good. now, til this very day, i still cant get that AAA. i always get a good somewhere. so i guess that getting a good is built in.
FMO AAA's (55): Rottel-Da-Station, Church Bells, Arrogant Cobbler, Grocery Escape Plan, Disconnected Hardkore, Minute Waltz v2, Battle Theme #37, Flight of the Bumblebee, Midnight Dragon, Jeanie and Caroline, Blue-Violet, Puzzle, Kyrie, 300, Largiloquent Dithyramb, Brandish Headless, Going On Spring Wind, Novo Mundo, Gacha Gacha Hertz Figu atto Radio, Starwolf, Melonman's OP, Summer Time Perfume, Perfect Cherry Storm, Hajnal, Epidermis, Strangeprogram, Thrash, Lawn Wake I (LW EP Edit), Choprite, AIM Anthem, Dance and Zeal, Kanon Medley ~Metal Wings~, Clockwork, JULIA, Heavenly Spores, Distorted God, Radio Heads, Epilogue, Spoils, Ripoff, Since 1983, A FLOWER GARDEN, The earth blew up, Phalanx, Chronograph, Black Key Etude, Trinity, super mario bros theme (original NES is awesome), Jack-The-Ripper, Poppin' Shower, cheerful forest, Trisection v2, Devilz Staircase, Colibri, Club

FGO AAA's (2): Time To Eye, The Bird's Concrete Nosedive

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pmonibuv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 06:23 PM   #13
LJRoX
Banned

You're joking!
LJRoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 06:29 PM   #14
mhss1992
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Doesn't matter. If you're going to work on one song, work on multiple songs at that same time.
Yeah, that's what I'm trying to do now.(except I won't be able to play for some time, because my mother doesn't let me)

By the way, I saw in your replays that you blackflagged Blue-Violet and then tried it 23 times in a row...

Last edited by mhss1992; 10-24-2008 at 06:38 PM..
Old 10-24-2008, 11:28 PM   #15
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

3 reasons:
1) I don't have time to care about habits. I have very little time to play, and all the habits gained from repeatedly playing one song goes away by the next time I play the game.
2) Not 23 times in a row. Split up into a few days. I think.
3) Hands not warm. In cold regions such as here, I would just spend as little time warming up as possible, but still try to get a AAA.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)
Old 10-25-2008, 04:39 AM   #16
mhss1992
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
3 reasons:
1) I don't have time to care about habits. I have very little time to play, and all the habits gained from repeatedly playing one song goes away by the next time I play the game.
2) Not 23 times in a row. Split up into a few days. I think.
3) Hands not warm. In cold regions such as here, I would just spend as little time warming up as possible, but still try to get a AAA.
I see. I was just kidding, I like to see other people's replays.