Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-7-2015, 07:45 AM   #1
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default So let's talk about how garbage Skype is for a second

rant time.

2 days ago, at about 10pm, I got locked out of my Skype account because Skype happened to not remember my e-mail address, and the password is broken beyond broken. Like I mean, it's not even a password anymore. I know the password, and it doesn't work.

On top of that, my old e-mail closed about a year ago on my part due to an increasing amount of spam. I switched over to my new e-mail account at that time. I was in the process of trying to set this 2nd e-mail account for my Skype account in profile options yesterday, but when I came back to my computer after going out, the auto-login (remember password) for some reason did not activate as usual, and I'm left locked out of my account now.

So being the nice routine-following person I am, I went and sent them a proper notice stating that the primary e-mail associated with the account no longer works, and the password is broken. I even put it in the title of the message I sent to them. It took them at least 12 hours to get back to me, and this is what they wrote:

Holy shit. That took forever to type I bet, the entire thing looks scripted too. I responded within 5 minutes of them sending the message with pretty much an exact replica of a message that I had sent, as well as a copy of my new e-mail address, sent from my new e-mail address. I explained everything in the previous message that reached support and I have no idea why they didn't take the time to sit down and actually read my message rather than wait 12 fucking hours to get back to me.

I 'aint even finished. After I send that message back to them I'm expecting that I would get thrown to the front of the stack or something, because, you know, it's an on-going issue, that someone actually responded to. NOPE NO ONE CARES, 14 FUCKING HOURS + 8 HOURS SLEEP GO FUCK YOURSELF

They didn't even take the time to LINK THE FUCKING WEBSITE AT THE BOTTOM THIS TIME HOLY SHIT

Here is something truly amazing: If you take the time to read the 2nd message they sent me you can clearly see that
THEY CAN'T GIVE A SINGLE FUCK ABOUT WHAT E-MAIL YOU'RE USING.

You just sent an e-mail to the response of a message that said my new e-mail account, and you're sending the response message to my new e-mail account, do you think maybe that's my new e-mail account? The thing that saddens me the most, is that it doesn't even look like the message has been scripted from customer support this time, it sounds like it came from a person that wishes to sound professional but can't even FUCKING READ ENGLISH.

So I sent a message off to them again, pretty much exclaiming that the e-mail address you've been sending your snail mail to is the fucking e-mail address that needs to be changed over to. THAT BEING SAID, it only took 5 people from my contacts list to change over the previous e-mail address to my current e-mail address which makes the entire thing a big fucking joke.

How about this,
FUCKING IMPLEMENT PRE-SCRIPTED QUESTIONS?
What was my first employer? What was the first school I went to? What was the name of my first friend? ANY OF THESE WILL DO! Skype, fucking fix your slow, shitty customer support. I'll be fucking shocked if you say that you are based in North America, because it feels like everyone came from stupidland. While you're at it, for the love of god, add pre-scripted security questions, for cases like these and people still need to get back into their account.

I have a funeral to attend today for my mother, and I was unable to contact anyone over Skype about it, because Skype does garbage things like this.

Hell as far as I know, it's probably going to take another 24 hours for customer support to even respond to me because they probably top-stacked the issue instead of dealing with the issues at the front of the stack first. If you want to have good customer support, you don't top-stack the issues and try to have everyone's issues solved at the exactly same time, you treat it like a doctor's office. First come, first serve. Get them out of the way quickly. If they don't respond to your message within a reasonable amount of time, then you can sit that person on the back-burner, but as soon as you get a message from them, reply back. This is easy stuff guys, it's not that hard. The fact that I could probably run Skype's customer support better than whatever they're doing right now, and I'm 19 years old, is truly shameful.

tl;dr, got locked out of my Skype account, it took customer support 48 hours to ask for my new e-mail address, which is the very same e-mail address they were responding to the entire time. I still can't use Skype, and it will probably take another 24 hours for them to acknowledge that information because the way they deal with reports is shit.

If anyone else feels like wanting to rant at Skype support or Skype issues in general here's the thread for it.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 08-31-2017 at 07:20 PM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2015, 09:01 AM   #2
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: So let's talk about how garbage Skype is for a second

nice meme
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2015, 09:19 AM   #3
gold stinger
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

thank you I definitely try

- Tosh 2014

Old 03-7-2015, 09:47 AM   #4
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I don't like Skype aids ads. They make me very unhappy. So, here's how to disable them shamelessly copy/pasted. #supporttherant

Quote:
WINDOWS ONLY

The Skype Team forced us all to update to the latest version of Skype for one reason and one reason only: Money

They want us to see their new advertisements so they make more profit; they don't care how bad they are at programming and how bad they are at developing Skype.

Luckily, there is a solution to get rid of these advertisements and make Skype better (although it still has too many problems than the older versions).

1. Open-up the control panel.
2. Open-up "Network & Internet" then "Internet Options".
3. Go to the "Security" tab.
4. Click on the "Restricted Sites" icon, then the "Sites" button below it.
5. Type "https://apps.skype.com/" (without the quotes) into the text box and click "Add"
6. Close and apply the changes.
7. Restart Skype.
8. ???
9. Profit!

Last edited by Hakulyte; 03-7-2015 at 09:49 AM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2015, 10:00 AM   #5
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

As someone who works a tech support job, I can safely say that this scripted shit does not fly ... ever. You end up not answering your clients' questions and pissing them off further. It's not that hard to distinguish a run of the mill idiot who forgot their password vs. someone who knows their shit and actually knows what they want/need. Also, the 2nd response was just as scripted as the first, no doubt about that. "Jenny" just copy pasted a text file into her email client and shipped it off to you. The only time this is remotely okay to do is when all of the following conditions have been met:
1) There is a major service interruption that causes you to receive 10x+ your normal email load for and you have a workaround or need to let people know it's being worked on.
2) You actually read and understand the emails
3) You're not literally a retard.

Skype support is pretty terrible, just from reading this post..

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2015, 10:03 AM   #6
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

It looks like to me, that in the first reply you got, they looked at the topic of the mail you sent them, put it under a category they had a script for, and everything in bold was hand entered while everything not in bold was a part of the script. Just like having "fill in the line and send it"

lel assholes lel
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class
Rapta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2015, 10:13 AM   #7
gold stinger

Proof I'm not making this shit up with the posts I replied back with.

every blur is my new e-mail account. They're sending these to the answer that they want from me, I just don't know. I can't even.

should have added in my 2nd message that they need a brain.

If I was given the situation, I probably would have completely ignored the 2nd message, and went straight to "ok, I see you have access to this e-mail address. I'm going to add it as your 2nd e-mail address for this account, and if you want to make it your primary e-mail address, you can adjust it yourself in your profile options. You should be able to get a security key now sent to that e-mail address if you request it. You can do the same with any other preferred e-mail address up to 3 in the same options menu."

edit: so I just went ahead and tested to see if they had a brain or not and just already made my new e-mail associated with my account, and the 2nd message is just for convenience, can confirm they haven't fixed shit.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 03-7-2015 at 10:22 AM..
Old 03-7-2015, 01:07 PM   #8
Deadlyx39
FFR Player

Well this is riveting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Blaster View Post
Why should I care about this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats in it for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz13114 View Post
Fun times and meme sluts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
ew meme sluts
ew fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
do you realize how asinine all of your posts are
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i would also like to take this opportunity to shout out deadlyx39

on the one hand i feel as though your absence from these forums is a shelled victory for all ffr forumites however after careful examination of my internal feeling apparatus i have come to the conclusion that i do in fact miss your posts

[...]

come back

i need to laugh at you

once more

Deadlyx39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2015, 01:31 PM   #9
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vendetta21

skype is alright lol
Old 03-7-2015, 01:50 PM   #10
Epicman9001
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Here's my rant:

Skype has always worked for me. :^)
Epicman9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2015, 01:50 PM   #11
Guilhermeziat
Banned

skype is alright lol
Guilhermeziat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2015, 01:57 PM   #12
smartdude1212
2 is poo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

MSN Messenger feat. crumbling friendships because of Solitaire Showdown -- how you are missed.
smartdude1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2015, 02:15 PM   #13
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Windows Live Messenger master race.

lol

Skype is pretty terrible tho...

The upsidies of Skype though is that you can stream your shit if you want to with pals. Dats the only upside I think, lmao.

Whatev, I'll continue to stick with Skype until all of my contacts switch to something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2015, 03:04 PM   #14
Jousway
FFR Player

So let's talk about how garbage Microsoft is for a second*

I fixed ya title

Jousway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2015, 05:27 PM   #15
gold stinger

Microsoft is pretty fucking garbage I'll give you that

- Tosh 2014

Old 03-7-2015, 05:31 PM   #16
gold stinger

So let's talk about how garbage kinect is and how the Microsoft Hololens will never live up to their hype, since almost everything that Microsoft owns is garbage according to Jousway, and Skype is one of them.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 03-7-2015 at 05:35 PM..
Old 03-7-2015, 05:36 PM   #17
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
So let's talk about how garbage kinect is and how the Microsoft Hololens will never live up to their hype.
People who bought the Xbox just for kinect should be ridiculed for the rest of time.

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2015, 05:47 PM   #18
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

It might be because in terms of computer OS I'm in almost the dark ages... But

on my desktop computer which still has XP on it (<3 this OS) roughly 80-90% of the messages sent get shown that I got a new message, but it never shows so I can read it. On top of that, my desktop cannot stay connected to Skype for more than 30 minutes. If I go 30 minutes without a single DC, I'd flip the fuck out.

I mention this because while not perfect, it works much better on my laptop which is Windows 7. (Which even on the house wifi is pretty not good.)

Skype is a load of fucking trash and as soon as something half fucking decent comes out I will jump ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
People who bought the Xbox just for kinect should be ridiculed for the rest of time.
Also this lol. Just go buy a Wii.

Last edited by XelNya; 03-7-2015 at 05:47 PM..
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2015, 06:33 PM   #19
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
It might be because in terms of computer OS I'm in almost the dark ages... But

on my desktop computer which still has XP on it
stop reading right here
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2015, 06:56 PM   #20
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Microsoft Hololens will never live up to their hype
To be fair, the lead developer kinda got killed in a car wreck last week.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 03-7-2015 at 06:58 PM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote