Old 07-31-2021, 02:08 AM   #3321
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG 200 Game Thread: Dichotomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123kappa3 View Post
I dont know very much about wagonomics that you guys are using, I dont usally use that.

My takes are xiz, freeze, are coasting right now, I want to pressure freeze. I think too much stock is being put into the storn vs ben vote. they were both decent votes at the time. they both had valid reasons, just because one is wolve and the other is mostlikely town, doesnt change that.
The trick with wolves is they inheritedly have more knowledge then town because they already know every wolf (exceptions apply but are too rare to really act upon)

Because of this burden, wolves' have this issue of having to pretend to hunt themselves while constantly missing the mark because if they do, town wins.

because of this, your assessment that both wagons were as valid and everyone approached the game in the same manner is false

Wolves <cannot> actually approach the game in the same mindset. Their knowledge robs them of this.

Because wolves wiill naturally avoid their buddies 90% of the time, we can use flips to determine when this was lilely the case. That is what we're doing now, and why this is the smart mechanical play for this phase, especially since the NKs make the pool of choices so much smaller

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 07-31-2021, 02:50 AM   #3322
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

@Bolthy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
Hey guys!
My Aussie mate.... Have you been all caught up from down under? Any thoughts you wish to give to us people here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Old 07-31-2021, 04:24 AM   #3323
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
i will similarly being playing a game while checking the thread every now and then

i will not be plugging that game however because it will get me judged by the uncultured people among us

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 07-31-2021, 04:29 AM   #3324
the sun fan
FFR Player

Votecount:
xiz (1)- bugkid
kappa (2)- lar, shadow_god
unvote- kappa

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 07-31-2021, 10:47 AM   #3325
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Gonna join bugkid on Xiz. Not quite sure what to do about DBP/Force anymore due to last night so, this seems like the most logical thing left to do until more is resolved.

Kappa has a pretty bold wolf playstyle if this is their wolf game. This is throwing me off for pursuing.
Old 07-31-2021, 12:27 PM   #3326
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Quote:
The thing is youve done this 2 times before now by my memory including night phases and you never really give me much to work with when u finally do decide to show up.

You are always playing from behind to avoid linking yourself to people and im tired of seeing it.
Not intentional.

Old 07-31-2021, 12:37 PM   #3327
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Xiz did you literally just come on to thread, give a two word deflect to Freezin, and bounce?

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 07-31-2021, 12:51 PM   #3328
Xiz
TWG Chaos

This might the most important post I make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
man fuck me i'm out

this is actually infuriating. like whenever i talk i feel like i'm being belittled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
seriously why is everyone giving me shit for thinking raeko is a woof woof
Quote:
nobody ever accepts humility on twg, everyone just gets bitter and angry at everyone else for losing
Quote:
xiz and mc are probably just disinterested like me
Quote:
It's posts like this, as well as all the other cliquey-ness, that made me want to stop playing twg here. Wouldn't be surprised if other new players were turned off by this attitude too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
Looking back, I'm wondering if it had been better if I had died. If it helps town with maximizing information gain and to help town focus on other things this phase, I don't mind me going. Seeing that gold can still post, it seems I'll at least be able to continue to contribute after I flip green. But I don't have the mental energy to defend myself for 48 hours and to get nowhere only for me to ultimately die at the end of this phase anyways; I think the phase can be spent in much better ways.
benguin
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdaddio View Post
sorry for the delay, this game has been moving so fast that i decided to ruminate on the thoughts i had at the beginning of this game and let me admit, as im sure all of us can, im fucking tired and frustrated. im going to give my thoughts about the most recent turn of events here, and then probably post more coherent thoughts in the morning because i would rather be available to talk about whatever points of mine people take umbrage with.
Here is context for what I have noticed this game, far more important to me then the actual progression of the game. Myself included, I don't want to be the type of person that pisses people off in the game.

The game is moving really fast. It's a lot. I'm trying.

I want to shout out MML for being the only person in the night to reach out and try building ground with me just to get where each other are. Others have taken a different route and said "i wont talk to you until you dig through discord chat, thread, and 2nd game"

Old 07-31-2021, 12:53 PM   #3329
Xiz
TWG Chaos

I'll be reading the thread for the next few hours. It will be slow. I won't be able to go any faster. If you intend on actually solving my role, please re-link for me. If your convinced im a wolf just vote me, and i'll skim past your posts prioritizing other players thoughts.

Old 07-31-2021, 01:11 PM   #3330
Xiz
TWG Chaos

the people in the post above are part of my never lynch pile.

Below them, roundbox and charu, but for different reasons. Roundbox for convincing me to not off myself when I thought I had a power after I die, and charu simply for thinking outside of the box around the time of dbp/force

Old 07-31-2021, 01:13 PM   #3331
fatfuck42
FFR Player

Hey gang, sorry I'm late. Went to visit some friends and ended up having to stay way later than I anticipated.

I forget who said it now, but I agree that dap more than likely isn't lying about having and then losing his killing power. Look at the pickle he's in now. If he never lost his power and can use it to kill people in our game then why would he even fess up to having/losing the power in the first place? If he's 3P I think he'd just keep his mouth shut and use his powers from the shadows, and if he's town then I can understand claiming and naming his earlier shots, but why would he lie about not being able to use the powers anymore? Then, if he's lying about having killing power in the first place, what would he stand to gain from that? To avoid being flipped? To protect someone else? To try and force a counterclaim? Those all seem like so much more of a stretch than the answer of he's telling the truth. There must be some crazy shit going on with the setup.
Old 07-31-2021, 01:13 PM   #3332
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Force/dbp I’m pretty sure is w/w, i think it was a distancing thing and then dBP got yeeted by someone outside of force/dBP wolf party

I remember someone saying how dBP lied about his role i think? I can’t remember if that’s true or not I haven’t found it yet

Old 07-31-2021, 01:15 PM   #3333
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Quote:
not necessarily. He could be a vigi that passes his role on death or someone else couldve gained a new power and used it.

I dont see why he would lie about something like that when it was completely unnecessary and would obviously lead to complications once the lie was found out
@fatfuck

How do you feel about this post

Old 07-31-2021, 01:20 PM   #3334
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Kap and frez I owe you both the most first, I’ll check ya both out here first

Old 07-31-2021, 01:21 PM   #3335
fatfuck42
FFR Player

Kappa getting fired up and self-voting upon being pressured is certainly strange. I tried to search his posts because I feel like I remember him commenting on ben's self-voting and what it could mean (and I wanted to apply his thoughts on that to his own self-vote), but I couldn't find it... Either way, I still read him as town (prioritizes solving over appearing townie, tries to cheer people up who're frustrated and get them on the right track, asks questions and tries to get thoughts that go on to inform his reads, has the WIM, etc). Boozing while TWGing can definitely be a contributing factor, and I can think of at least a few valid reasons for a townie to get that steamed over what's otherwise fairly minimal pressure.
Old 07-31-2021, 01:29 PM   #3336
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfuck42 View Post
Kappa getting fired up and self-voting upon being pressured is certainly strange. I tried to search his posts because I feel like I remember him commenting on ben's self-voting and what it could mean (and I wanted to apply his thoughts on that to his own self-vote), but I couldn't find it... Either way, I still read him as town (prioritizes solving over appearing townie, tries to cheer people up who're frustrated and get them on the right track, asks questions and tries to get thoughts that go on to inform his reads, has the WIM, etc). Boozing while TWGing can definitely be a contributing factor, and I can think of at least a few valid reasons for a townie to get that steamed over what's otherwise fairly minimal pressure.
or hes just tired of other peoples shit

Old 07-31-2021, 01:30 PM   #3337
fatfuck42
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
@fatfuck

How do you feel about this post
I can see both options. "You're a vigi but you can only shoot even-numbered nights" or "You're a VT but if you're still alive by dsomething you become a SK" are roles I could see sunfan giving out. As far as the inheritance idea goes, though, I'd agree that it'd make this game pretty unbalanced, plus there's also the issue of whether blind's role would've been inherited by someone else as well. It could be too there's a 4th KP out there who either held back or there was some stacking/doctoring/roleblocking going on n0/n1.
Old 07-31-2021, 01:30 PM   #3338
fatfuck42
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
or hes just tired of other peoples shit
That's certainly possible too, lol
Old 07-31-2021, 01:38 PM   #3339
fatfuck42
FFR Player

Regarding the xiz discussion from last night, I really don't see an issue with those posts. You can say what you want about everything else he's done this game, but I don't think xiz is the type of person who'd lie about having to complete a sprint for a big project he's been working on, or even embellish how taxing that sprint's been on him just for the sake of giving himself slank cover. So, to me it's NAI. Those posts would've been made no matter what alignment he'd been given.
Old 07-31-2021, 01:40 PM   #3340
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Quote:
And killing ben now gives no info unless mirror world decides to kill him too

So stop being goons and find someone else to kill today.
towny

Quote:
There is no chance that ben/storn was a w/w wagon. That never happens.
Can you remind me why? (ftr i agree with you on ben, but curious why from your pov)

Quote:
why am i lower on your radar?
Hey finally answering this. You (were) white noise compared to everyone else to me. Bigger fish to fry. You were not doing anything inherently anti-town to me compared to others at that time, along with me more focusing on my own role and figuring out what type of game we even are playing

Quote:
This might be the spiciest read ive seen all game
Incorrect. I've seen him do it before in two previous games as wolf partners with me.

Quote:
sLiP tHeRoY
do you /actually/ believe in slip theory?

Closed Thread