Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2009, 12:15 PM   #2541
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: R1 - Actual Song Difficulties V2

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
Probably should've posted this here originally instead of the subby scores thread
The second I played DJDJ PVC, I realized it was high VC material, 74 were my exact thoughts, right on!

Now there's a new song that's evil as ****, grind2, holy **** at that song, that is sooo hard! 88 or 89?

Also, been playing through the shrapnel songs again, and Kamonene should be challenging, but looking at Shind Bad, that should be much higher in difficulty for a challenging, it's fast and has icky gap patterns. I'd give it a 67, opinions?
You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)

Last edited by stavie33; 08-2-2009 at 08:25 PM..
stavie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:56 PM   #2542
mhss1992
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stavie33 View Post
Also, been playing through the shrapnel songs again, and Kamonene should be challenging, but looking at Shind Bad, that should be much higher in difficulty for a challenging, it's fast and has icky gap patterns. I'd give it a 66, opinions?
Seriously, I always thought 63 was absurd for Shind Bad. I have a huge personal difficulty at it's gallops, they are REALLY annoying for me.
On a subjective view, I'd give it 69 (not kidding), It's harder than DMYK, Kamonene, Dokudenpa and Ivaltek, for me. But I guess 67 would be fair.

This is so annoying... I never get the chance to play. I think that if I kept playing regularly after I AAA'd Epidermis, I would be somewhere close to AAA'ing Frictional Nevada or something... But now I suck at even some high C's.

Best AAA: Frictional Nevada (Done while FFR was out, so it doesn't show in my level stats)

Resting. I might restart playing FFR seriously someday.

Last edited by mhss1992; 07-28-2009 at 08:03 PM..
mhss1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-2-2009, 08:24 PM   #2543
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Alright, 2 things:

1. Djdj PVC, 74 or 75? Took a while to AAA, cause' it's very tricky, but it's not long and isn't very demanding on the hands (like say, Bus Rides with People and Kil Stage) So it's up to you guys

2. Dimensions of a Square is NOT challenging, that song is way too fast and confusing for a challenging file, 24th gallops are really fast and the jumps and 16ths littered throughout don't make things easier, it's also quite demanding on the hands (for the AAA, unless I'm just out of it), I'd give it a 69

Opinions?

And also

WHY ISN'T MY PREVIOUSLY UPDATED LIST PUT ON THE FIRST PAGE? I thought we put it in proper form, with the songs and combos etc.

Also, it's time for a newer, updated list, which I will post the entire thing after Grind2 is released (I already know the difficulty for the Piano song, 79, pretty damn sure)

P.S.

I love this thread, mainly because I care about accurate difficulties as I do in DDR, and I just want to say although no one really comes here often, thank you for those who do, and for all those who help with determining a good difficulty and the lists, thank you, I <3 you all! Hopefully, one day, all the grading will be somewhat accurate upon release, but until then, I hope to keep this thread accurate and alive
Turning me round (Oh Oh)

Last edited by stavie33; 08-2-2009 at 08:27 PM..
Old 08-2-2009, 08:42 PM   #2544
freakOmani
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Frankly I still don't think PianoCore is an FMO at all.
freakOmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-2-2009, 11:03 PM   #2545
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakOmani View Post
Frankly I still don't think PianoCore is an FMO at all.
Pianocore is definitely FMO, have you AAA'd it? The yellow red yellow is annoying, and the trills are evil, including quite a few random jacks created by the 24th notes...it's low FMO, definitely, 77, we've been over this
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Old 08-3-2009, 12:19 AM   #2546
freakOmani
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Just because I haven't AAA'd it doesn't mean I can't opine that it is not FMO level. And yeah, I'm 100% sure I can AAA it, I just don't have the right keyboard for it.
Old 08-3-2009, 11:29 AM   #2547
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Just because I haven't AAA'd it doesn't mean I can't opine that it is not FMO level. And yeah, I'm 100% sure I can AAA it, I just don't have the right keyboard for it.
If it becomes VC, then Silence, LWIV, NWE, Choprite, and Thrash become VC...so no, I'm leaving it FMO...but I hope you AAA it soon, good luck with getting Oni and stuff
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Old 08-3-2009, 05:27 PM   #2548
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
If it becomes VC, then Silence, LWIV, NWE, Choprite, and Thrash become VC...so no, I'm leaving it FMO...but I hope you AAA it soon, good luck with getting Oni and stuff
Except for Thrash those aren't even FMOs anymore. What is it with people thinking songs are FMO just because they're labeled as a difficulty 11... weird stuff.
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-3-2009, 06:03 PM   #2549
freakOmani
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Saying PianoCore is a 77 is saying that it is equal in difficulty to Southern Cross (another song with the same rating). It is not consistently difficult the whole way through like Southern Cross is. It has some difficult sections, but those sections are repetitive and too easy to pick up on after a few plays.
Old 08-3-2009, 06:23 PM   #2550
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Saying PianoCore is a 77 is saying that it is equal in difficulty to Southern Cross (another song with the same rating). It is not consistently difficult the whole way through like Southern Cross is. It has some difficult sections, but those sections are repetitive and too easy to pick up on after a few plays.
Southern Cross is 77? That should be 74, that songs a joke, even with avmisses it was an easy AAA...wow, almost every part of pianocore is harder than Southerncross IMO, even the basic < > 8ths followed by 16th than 24th is much harder, I'm changing Southern cross now, 76 at most...who made it 77? wut?

Also, Southern Cross had numerous black flags and 3 AAA's on the day of its release, while Pianocore had 1 AAA and like 7 BF's the first day...and Southern Cross came out during avmisses, SC is a joke, Pianocore is not. I understand your opinion, but looking strictly at the charts, pianocore is much more challenging, southern cross is just basic jumpstream, nothing tricky bout' it. Pianocore has icky repeating patterns, lots of pressure on the right hand, plenty of 24th jacks (with jumps too!) and quite a few hard trills. On top of that, after the trills there are more jumps then 24th jack patterns that appear near the end, it's much harder.

Also, if I were going by what songs I find easiest, I'd say FF7LBF and EHHS should be VC's, because I think they're jokes, IMO, they are MUCH easier and more straightforward than pianocore, but I look at the charts now (<3 TC_Hal) and judge on that, and you should too, and if you are, then idk, because nothing in SC is harder than Piano
Turning me round (Oh Oh)

Last edited by stavie33; 08-3-2009 at 06:27 PM..
Old 08-3-2009, 06:29 PM   #2551
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Double post time

speaking of "consistency" Southern Cross has many, many slow and easy 12th note parts in the song, with huge difficulty changes (from low tricky to low FMO), while pretty much all of pianocore minus the very beginning is high C to low FMO, much closer.
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Old 08-3-2009, 07:13 PM   #2552
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0 View Post
uhm.
EHHS was one of my first FMO AAA's, it's not fast (pianocore is on average, much faster at most parts), and the jumpstream is simple and easy to read, the jump stream in Setsujou is much harder on your hands, and the jumpstream parts in Through the Stream of Time are harder to read, EHHS is easy, but most aren't accustomed to jumpstream, so they have problems with it. Pianocore is just tricky, that's all I'm saying. No, overall it's not a "tough" file, but it's a very technical and tricky file, like Djdj PVC, so it's like saying if Pianocore is VC, then Djdj PVC is C, because comparatively to the border of difficulties, the only reason they're where they are is because they're tricky, if you are counting for FC, DJDJ is easier to FC than some VD songs (no joke), but because it's a technical file and to AAA requires PA on some fast and tricky bursts, it's high VC, in pianocore's situation, PA on fast tricky jack/jump patterns, and trills. That's all, but yes, it's FMO. And if I have to change it, I'm getting pro opinions and having every FMO below 80 difficulty be turned to VC, because it's only fair.

Look, I'm not trying to be mean, at all. I hate mean people on the web who bash peoples opinions, I'm really sorry if I'm coming off that way, I don't mean it, I just have a huge pet peve which is when someone tells me a song I find somewhat difficult is very easy, and then I check their score and it's nowhere near as good as mine, I get mad.

It's like saying "this mario game is sooo easy, I made it to world 2-1, though I can't beat it now, but the game seems easy to beat." and you are at World 6-2 and can't beat it, you would think he's stupid for calling the game easy when he can't even make it past 2-1, that's kinda how I feel. You're saying a song that you can't even get under 5 goods on is easy, and I've been struggling for the AAA (I currently have 1-0-0-1) for months, it really upsets me.

rant over
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Old 08-3-2009, 07:29 PM   #2553
freakOmani
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

i never said it was an easy song, i just stated that i didn't think it should be FMO level. Even if it is a tricky AAA, that shouldn't be a huge factor in deciding a song's difficulty level. The reasons why pianocore had worse stats than southern cross on the day of their release can vary, from the fact that pianocore is a token song and depending on what players play on what day.

Also, I already told you that the only thing preventing me from getting the AAA is a poor keyboard. I am not an unskilled player looking at things unobjectively.
Old 08-3-2009, 09:22 PM   #2554
freakOmani
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

yeah, For FFR is a good example of a song that's hard to AAA yet isn't quite FMO. I'm not sure how you can even say that EHHS and FFLBF are potentially VC, because I'm pretty sure that's not objective at all.
Old 08-3-2009, 09:25 PM   #2555
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0 View Post

also you seem just a tad biased towards jumpstream files
Very much so,

And @ freakOmani, I understand, I didn't read the previous thing about your keyboard, that sucks man, I had a bad keyboard for a while and could barely FC some FGO's...it sucked. And I never said you're unskilled, sorry if I implied that...pianocore is low FMO, not mid or high, but I don't think it should be VC, if you go back to the page during it's release day and read the discussion, there was a rather large debate about this, but most of the pro's (EAGames, TC_Hal, Neko, etc.) agreed on low FMO, but we made it 77 instead of 76 because it's harder than songs like Choprite and NWE (Seriously, both should be VC, but I'm not gonna fight with every non Oni player on the site)

I'm surprised at the lack of complaints over Dimensions of a Square being C
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Old 08-3-2009, 09:28 PM   #2556
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
yeah, For FFR is a good example of a song that's hard to AAA yet isn't quite FMO. I'm not sure how you can even say that EHHS and FFLBF are potentially VC, because I'm pretty sure that's not objective at all.
It was a joke

And I still think For FFR should be FMO, but what/ev. In comparison, it's not as tricky as pianocore either, it's just tougher. For FFR is VC because there is only one hard part in the song, though it's extremely difficult, making it the 2nd hardest VC (next to Kanon-kanon). Pianocore has at least 6 difficult parts in the song that are FMO worthy. Now, songs like Bus Rides with People, Keep in Mind, and Twelve all have FMO worthy parts as well, but there are much less (2, 3, 1 respectively) than in songs like Pianocore and Choprite (6, 9 respectively) which are why those two, though easy FMO's, are still FMO's. That's all.
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Old 08-4-2009, 02:15 AM   #2557
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax

well, the only current FMO song that has enough consensus of being VC (and I actually think) is NWE I guess.

not pretty sure about some of newer ones though.
jimerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-4-2009, 09:39 AM   #2558
mhss1992
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Alright, 2 things:

1. Djdj PVC, 74 or 75? Took a while to AAA, cause' it's very tricky, but it's not long and isn't very demanding on the hands (like say, Bus Rides with People and Kil Stage) So it's up to you guys

2. Dimensions of a Square is NOT challenging, that song is way too fast and confusing for a challenging file, 24th gallops are really fast and the jumps and 16ths littered throughout don't make things easier, it's also quite demanding on the hands (for the AAA, unless I'm just out of it), I'd give it a 69

Opinions?
Didj PVC: 75. X-tinction is 74. PLANETZ is 74. Didj PVC is NOT 74.

Dimensions of a square: Really? Wow, I thought it was mid C, something like 63 or 64. The 24th gallops, in the later parts, can nearly be hit as 16ths, it's not too tricky.

I also have a complaint: I don't know if it's just me, but jack songs have been seriously underestimated lately.

Best AAA: Frictional Nevada (Done while FFR was out, so it doesn't show in my level stats)

Resting. I might restart playing FFR seriously someday.

Last edited by mhss1992; 08-4-2009 at 09:45 AM..
mhss1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-4-2009, 10:29 AM   #2559
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhss1992 View Post
Didj PVC: 75. X-tinction is 74. PLANETZ is 74. Didj PVC is NOT 74.

Dimensions of a square: Really? Wow, I thought it was mid C, something like 63 or 64. The 24th gallops, in the later parts, can nearly be hit as 16ths, it's not too tricky.

I also have a complaint: I don't know if it's just me, but jack songs have been seriously underestimated lately.
weren't X-tinction and Planetz already 74's? And I don't have enough opinions for Djdj PVC, I'm just comparing it to Kil Stage, Bus Rides with People, and Twelve, all of which are harder
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Old 08-4-2009, 12:22 PM   #2560
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

You're all dumb