Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files

Old 06-8-2015, 06:41 PM   #1
intensez
FFR Player

Default Ok guys let's resurrect Stepmania

Bring out the life support, if every active user that once stepped contributes one file we can release a pack of like 35 files released and unreleased

Do we believe? I can make an e-mail for it

edit:

Super Revival Pack 2015!!
SUBMISSIONS CLOSED!!

simple guidelines
- keyboard pack
- check that your file is on sync; makes judging the file far more simple. quick tips for syncing since i also suck at it:
Code:
constant bpm: use something like BPM mixmeister to get a rough idea for the bpm and place 4th notes for 5/6 sections.  
put on the tick and listen to check if the medley syncs to reasonable notes (ie 4th-8th-16th or 4th-12th-24th)
inconsistent bpm: the 4th notes WON'T sync with the medley and you have to play with the bpm.  
unless someone wishes to help you do inconsistent bpms no judge will help with that
i don't recommend stepping below 0.6x but for syncing i would use 0.5x-0.7x as a reference
**i know i suck at this too so i'll be careful about my own files xd
- simple panel will judge the file. if it's fun and gives 3/5 people a good time its in
- no theme, submit whatever
- if you can try to make your own graphics. worst part of a pack is when we can't get the graphics together, dw i'm bringing my mediocre gimp skills as a back since i can edit deviantart picz and add text (gottem)
- released/unreleased files are all OK since stepmania scene has been dead anyway
- difficulty is limitless; no DUMPS though because that'll create way too much bias (ie dumps like in mina packs)
- no submission cap but use your own judgment when you submit a file; if you wouldn't play your own file again then more than likely not a lot of other people would

pack release date will stay a WIP until we have a minimum of 20 files. but we could go over 30 if there's enough submissions to warrant it. ok guys go (PS lets get sum sick pack names now, cuz right now its Super Cool Pack!!.. maybe make it like a FFR Revival Pack or something??)

RELEASE DATE IS 7/21/15 (OR SO WE HOPE)

FILE LIST (54) (X = graphics done):
(Baq12) Kissing the Shadows x
(Baq12) Unknown Soldier x
(barfood) Ground Theme - Underground Theme x
(barfood) Magical Sound Shower x
(barfood) Mario Paint Medley x
(BilliumMoto) sywBnP x
(Bmah) Ring x
(Ca25nada&Yume) Nightmare x
(Caliber) Atropos x
(Caliber) Imprinting x
(Caliber) HAELEQUIN [Extended ver.] x
(CBR) SCARLET TEMPEST x
(Detrimentalist) Gemini x
(choof) Emil's Sacrifice x
(dashoe) Botines x
(dashoe) Hui, Pizda, Govno! x
(Ferrari) Bob's Tango x
(Ferrari) Go Forth! Great Fox x
(Ferrari) Judgement v2 x
(Ferrari) Title Screen x
(Gundam-Dude) Magic x
(Gundam-Dude) Opaque Air x
(Gundam-Dude vs Wineandbread vs WTFBrandon) Purple Haze x
(Gundam-Dude) Straight Oath x
(hi19hi19) Trickstarz x
(ilikexd) Anything x
(ilikexd) Elemental Creation -GITADO ROCK Ver.- x
(ilikexd) miko x
(ilikexd) Syncopatriarch x
(James May) Ham Jam x
(Jombo) Pictionary Title Screen x
(Kaneh) LUVORATORRRRRY! x
(Kaneh) Rotten Heresy & Chocolate x
(Kommisar) TRICKL4SH 220 x
(Pompompulin) Yumemiru mamani Koi wo shite x
(porkypink) Flyers x
(porkypink) Plain Asia -PHQ remix- x
(porkypink) Sunset Caffe Terrace x
(porkypink) Yggdrasil x
(roundbox) Ataxia II x
(rparty89) Adularia x
(Scylaax) Chirality x
(Scylaax) Luna Clock x
(Suee) Niji no Kakera x
(Wafles) Violent Arcade v2 x
(Yume) Between Sanity & Insanity x
(Yume) Dash do Cinderella x
(Yume) Heterochromia Iridis x
(Yume) Infinite of Nuclear Fusion x
(Yume) Neko Miko Reimu B x
(Yume) Self Producer x
(Yume) Session 1 -Genesis- x
(Yume) Streaming Heart x

Ataxia II (Roundbox) - i guess accept
Fairly dumpy.. The freezes are a little unwarranted and it's like you didn't know what you preferred stepping: the drums or the guitar. For what it is it's pretty fun so I accept

Brand New (James May) - rejec
OK jumpstreams all over without really any flavor is not fun, cannot accept

City Lights Rough Twilight Club Mix (DDRBaller) - rejec
OK for real this is way too simplistic and I remember playing this like years ago LOL the song itself is pretty boring, the file is way too simple and feels like a pad file so i can't accep

Ham Jam. (James May) - accept
Pretty cool, weird song makes a weird file so good job I like it accep

hatstuneflight (James May) - rejec
A lot of offsync sessions and notes that don't match. Might be me just being picky but I felt little things like some of the patterns and freezes made the file un-fun. rejec

Kz(Re-Edit Mix) (DDRBaller) - rejec
The file is a dump (played Oni and edit) and that is against rules sir :'( plus it's not too fun so rejec

MK Ultra (Roundbox) - rejec
My issue really is the simplicity; not saying that it should be harder or easier but it just didn't feel on par with what the song sounds like. To me it sounds hard and it's flooded with single notes. I see that you're following the guitar and some of the bass but (bias) I kind of think it'd be much more fun with more going on. Some segments like the other file you sent follow the drum line and then at key points where drums would be cooler to follow (to lead into a breakdown in the song) is ignored. rejec

rainbow rainbow (DDRBaller) - rejec
Rebirth did a great job with the song already.. But putting that aside the file again feels like a basic index/pad file. Difficulty should at least feel like keyboard (jumps, things not possible with index) but that's again getting picky. File overall just not too fun :/ rejec

rock your body (DDRBaller) - rejec
I remember this when you released it and it's p much the same since then. Too simplistic for a pack like this. rejec

starships(Piano Version) (DDRBaller) - rejec
Same problem as the previous songs you submitted -_- rejec

Through the Fire (DDRBaller) - rejec
Not really fun and the 32nds just feel off. PR related but it shouldn't be trills to begin with and that alone kind of makes it unfun -_- notes aren't 1-2-1-2 their pitches are definitely changing lol rejec

WINTER V2 (DDRBaller) - rejec
Asdifjiqowjeroijqwerqiwjheroihasiohgaoisjdg rejec Sorry for no real notes but come on this song has been stepped a MILLION times it's always going to be 16ths with 24ths with some jumps here and there no matter who steps it rejec

FFReedom (barfood) - rejec
I felt like the file is just too bland. The song itself felt dull, but the file itself lacked any originality in patterns. The 16th felt like something I would play in much older packs, not that it's a bad thing but it doesn't make for something that feels "different." Overall not really something I could imagine other people playing, rejec

fgjasidjfi (barfood) - rejec
potential joke file, but i'm not really looking for that in this lol. i know i never made an "official rule" about it, but it's still dumpy (i played oni). rejec

frainbreeze (barfood) - rejec but fixable
some segments were missing 24ths, making it a little distracting - song choice here obviously better than your other two files i got through so far (ffr/aifjfgh), but the problem is the note choice. some parts had sounds you could of followed that would of felt better to play into and not leave it feeling "empty." plus, you really avoided freezes, and this kind of song (electronic/dubstep) could use some mixed freezes just because the sounds allow for it (bias here). the pr is good, but i think with some tweaking along with changing your focus points (ie the bass segments in the beginning along with the random dub trills you ignored) could make the file MUCH more fun and make the player feel "rewarded" (cliche but ya know what im sayin') rejec

he's a pirate -f-777 ReMiX (barfood) - rejec
really generic jumpstream with random difficulty spikes. problem is there was room to avoid the 16th short trills that reoccur throughout the file that aren't really audible, but the background rolls that are completely audible are ignored (32nds/48ths maybe? would have to listen to it again). it'd make an OK AAA-MR file but not in this state. rejec

heaven's gate (barfood) - rejec
song choice here is REALLY good, and the song itself has the potential to be a great file. but the patterns and layering are weird and questionable; the piano is followed whenever it's more dominant, and the background 16ths were followed instead to make awkward jumpstream with the piano ONLY when it's isolated and louder. snares at a lot of points are synced incorrectly with notes (12ths used when it should be 32nds ??) but overall would need a complete overhaul. rejec

magic (gundam-dude) - accept
the beginning was really boring, but the rest of the file made up for it. really cool freeze file with the colored notes on dominant sounds, it was much cooler than i expected. prob an easy MR file, but every pack needs that. accept xd

magical sound shower (barfood) - accept
much better than your other files. the song choice isn't the greatest, but it maintains a steady difficulty. the freeze usage around the main melody (16ths mixed with the background bass? i believe is the part) was a little awkward, but the rest of the file between it was p fun. accept

metropolis (barfood) - rejec
problem with this one is again the freezes. there's TOO many this time, honestly if you had followed the background 8bit snares with some jumps and freezes only on the dominant, long sounds again i think it would of came out better. its TOO simple with single notes everywhere; files like that can be done right, but this song just doesn't call for it. rejec

moon trance (barfood) - rejec
too simple again. but this time its kind of odd how you layered it. sounds are just introduced in some segments as consistent 16ths; a jump, jack theory, or anything would of made it a little "cooler" to tap out. yeah, these reviews float with bias, but major piece i didnt like is the simplicity. like how i reviewed DDRballer files, it just feels like something i'd be playing on pad to. rejec

Mr Larpus (barfood) - rejec
missed a lot of sounds here that could of gave the file more variety. the drums again are one of them lol, and some layering to add in that background 4th beat. instead it's like moon trance but now we have guitar riffs. sick br0!! rejec :')

nocturne ab min no.2 (barfood) - rejec
my major gripe with piano files is that it should be very pitch-relevant. this is again a bias, but the way i perceive a piano file is that i should again "feel" like i'm tappin the keys to a piano (except i have keyboard lol), but its inconsistent on the jumps and jacks throughout the file. the PR is off which is why it's like that unless you just wanted to put triple jacks there. rejec

shovel knight main theme (barfood) - rejec
just felt really generic. it could of been more, but the jumpstreams again with 8ths + 16ths in the mid sections made it bland. rejec

spacefarer (barfood) - rejec
shovel knight but now no freezes and all 12ths. it isn't always a bad thing to do this, but it's just idk boring again. rejec

straight oath (gundam-dude) - accept
mini freezes, 16ths mixed in, another fun but a little bland AAA file. the layering here is p cool and varied throughout even though its really a straightforward song. i'll accept it because it's still fun; accept

the crusade (ilikexd) - rejec
its just too long to really be fun.. kind of biased but it kinda does the same thing over and over with jumpstreams, then freezes, then jumpstreams, then freezes. sometimes it can be fun, but this time it's repetitive too. marathon files to me should be epic throughout, not epic in some parts then back to what i've been playing for 3 minutes straight. plus i know you don't make poops like this. some of the freezes made me wanna die and the sounds you chose to follow made no sense too xd :'( sry rejec

unf (barfood) - rejec
some freezes here and there are fine to use.. but there's like none here again for a song that could use them in some places like where there's dragged notes. you don't have to carry a freeze over the ENTIRE part where it goes on at. but you can for maybe two 16ths of a 4th (if that makes sense) and end it. the song is a little repetitive too so guess that makes the step file repetitive. rejec

Adageishi Syndrome (skwid) - rejec
the 32nd trills, jacks, and jumpjacks made it incredibly hard for the wrong reasons. the 32nd trills (in my HONEST opinion) could of been ignored as it really adds nothing to the file in terms of flow. the jacks could of been worked in on the snare lines in the background. the song itself isn't too bad, but i think the trills should be in their own difficulty (maybe as a beginner/edit) and edited out in the oni along with the heavy, heavy HEAVY layering you got going on all over the file. it really doesn't call for the extreme layering since it doesnt really ~flow~ throughout the file. then it just ends and idk, i feel like i got punched in the face then slapped in the balls from the random jacks/trills/jumpjack streams all over the place. rejec ;(

botines (dashoe) - accept
subpar difficulty but stays consistent. keeps the hippity-hoppity feeling some of these chiptune files have which i like.. not really sure if those 24ths/16ths 1-2-3 patterns are really synced right but i'm not going to go into the editor and check. i mean some portions have some awkward patterns, but its good enough to me i guess accep

encounter (jombo) - rejec
biggest issue i had is the sound choices you followed. in some segments there's a nice audible bass line going on and you choose to ignore it for the generic melody that follows THROUGHOUT the entire file. that can be OK in certain segments, maybe you were choosing to do that but in other segments you have colored notes following the snares which is like ??? huge missed opportunity there. plus the PR is off in the segments you were following the piano line. overall its not bad but the file is just "not there" if u feel me rejec

hui. pizda. govno! (dashoe) - accept
oh god plz this song choice is already giving me a headache, but the file reminds me of something like sex drop the bass (or whatever). it's generic but in a good nostalgia way. the rolls, 8th jumps->singles is pretty fun and the jacks aren't too bad. maybe a too little long....maybe i can cut it or something? i'll leave the length since its like what 2:20 or something.. definitely not something i'd want someone expecting a ~work of art~ to play but it fills that scoring file need the pack is really missing. difficulty is definitely called for with the bpm/flow in the file. however if i was to accept this based on it being ~original~ i'd be lying to myself and everyone else L0L but ok accept this one

lesbian bordello (jombo) - rejec
file name sounds like some kind of sex act, but song is cool. i'm like completely sure this is one of those 64th jumpity files (like a 24th but you layer in 64ths all over the place), so that's a little distracting to me. the 16th 3-2-3s and 1-2-1s in the mid section to the snares is off, should be 24ths (i think??). the layering in some portions is off to me since it could have a LITTLE more than just single notes messing the flow of the file up; honestly the file feels like its missing notes similar to encounter. outside of technicality its fun but not as fun as it could be since its missing the little touches like that. short thing, technicality is not always a bad thing... here it could make something fun as long as you don't overlayer it into the snares/drums and follow main melodies touching into the drums/snares in portions its buildups (if that makes sense) rejec

level 1 (jombo) - rejec
jacks here would actually be fun. kind of sad you avoided them at all costs all over the file. i mean you could of made a oni/beginner that uses jacks then keep the heavy as-is with how this is right now. to me the file could of used the jacks since the song isn't exactly something you can layer into effectively with the streams. jacks spike the difficulty but here i don't think it'd be TOO bad since its like what 150 bpm? some files i would consider playing that use jacks the way i'm describing are jack from skorpion, my LEF, and even dj_ossa's dumpity dump with the generic trumpets.. forget the name of the file but i think its in smgpack2. its not by any means a grand file, but its a great example of what i'm trying to say. a file with jacks isn't bad at lower bpms (150 is cutting it close but it'd be fine), plus it'd add a lot of replay value to this. rejec

ryyppyfiilis (??) - rejec
had to compile your sm/mp3 into a folder. just so you know try to make a folder then put that folder into a .zip folder where you can just attach the zip to an e-mail and send it to me. it makes it easier to get the file into my sm and judge it. anyway this is just generic jumpstream, i could play a million files from 8 years ago for this kind of file.. just to name a few, endless flyer, black dragon, mswgo from linus, etc etc etc this isn't something original for me and its not really fun since it just goes on FOREVER with jumpstreams and then some slower mid-sections with 8th jumps. then sound priorities, the mid section where you followed a background voice instead of those sick drum solos killed it. you do it multiple times too.. rejec

seventeen (dashoe) - rejec
long and repetitive, kind of keeps doing jumpjacks, 16th jacks, main melody rinse and repeat. not that it'd be a problem if it was shorter, but for like 3 minutes it gets boring.. rejec xd

slow jamz (danceguy) - rejec
couldn't tell if i liked it cuz nostalgia kicking in and makes me like it but as a file its so simplistic and idk the song choice too makes it a kicker. kanye west lol but running through it a few times and trying to debate whether or not we need another ez MA AAA file it is pretty fun.. but its just too simplistic, i think what could make it stand out more is following the bongos more closely in the sections you do and maybe putting in some rough PR so in the "off" sections of the vocals it's more fun. i mean PR or not it's just too ez overall to me, rejec

syncopatriarch (ilikexd) - accept
much better than your other submission. good choice of layering, freezes were cool throughout just touching on the main melody. difficulty was consistent throughout and gives a lot of replay value. freezes also add good touches for the slower-ish sections in the middle and keep it interesting. song itself allows for all kinds of pattern variation so i like that its not repetitive outside of the main melody and not just an easy AAA. maybe a tricky one at best, for the better players probably an easy AAA but for me tricky xd accept

the impossible song 3 (??) - rejec
16th jumpstream is a little questionable... pretty much made it a dump lol no way does that 8th note/16th jumpstream thing going on really goes to the melody. this is hitting the borderline of a file and a dump, so i cant accept this.. plus its not really fun, this is a scoring tard's wet dream xd rejec

unisonote (jombo) - rejec
the breakdown part is not 32nds at all in the beginning, maybe a freeze at most. problem from before, just kind of follow particular sounds but in others where the difficulty should spike slightly it doesn't. plus the layering is too simple, then much more closer to what i think the song should feel like in other sections. freezes in the triples section would of done the file a lot of good, then you ignore more sounds again lol. song choice is definitely there, it just needs to be stepped more closely/less generic patterns. rejec at the time being

valedict (??) - rejec
16th sounds ignored all over, PR isn't right but regardless you missed some sounds. most of the beginning was 16th streams, but for some reason its like 16th hops?? PR in the 32nds slow section is wrong, not trills probably like running-men patterns. the slow down where you go 32nds, 24ths, 16ths, 12ths rolls was wrong too. the sync is what gets me here, plus the execution was just poor all around. what i would recommend is playing some other files that use PR in a file like this with fast piano rolls (48ths if i had to guess) and layer around that piano. i mean the song again is a good choice, but it needs good execution. rejec

violent arcade (wafles) - accept
beginning PR seems off, but i could be wrong (8th note start). at first found it dumpy... really though the song is fast-paced, so makes sense to have a file that is too. all over its REALLY hard (at least to me xd), and another good potential scoring file. i can see it being replayed on difficulty alone; PR, slower-ish sections where you strictly had 16ths was cool and kept me from dying but realized it really is following the song's crazy crap going on. i mean a little dumpy but again this is a good example of an OK scoring file. hard to me, but it'd be a tough AAA/AA. maybe only a AA for me since i haven't played in a while, but really it's cool. long-ish, but i guess that's bareable. accept

Anything (ilikexd) - accept
It felt a little too long, but some pattern variation saved it from being boring. Really my biggest concern with this is file length, but it is fun either way so accept, also liked the color note theory going on in the middle

Entrance (Xel) - reject
well it's kind of a dump with the 12ths and random 24ths rolls to the loud buzz in the background.. tons of 12th ghost notes i believe all over that go to nothing after the 4th jumps. not sure if I like that too much. A lot of sections are idk the exact same and even though its short i can't say i really like it too much. for a "hard" file it's kind of bland. rejec

luvoratory! (kaneh) - accept
waifuu. i really like this because of the well used mini jacks all over and it's really just a blast to tap out. also fun on rates.. only issue is the length; that could turn people away from playing the entire thing. this is a good file to cut down to like 2:20 and keep it from being 3+. otherwise accept

mario paint melody (barfood) - accept
fun AAA, song itself is neat and much better than your other submissions. not much to say really outside of some weird pattern usage in the middle with 1-2 3-4 jump 16th trills but i guess not many ways to step that portion to justify singles. accept

miko (ilikexd) - accept
holy fuk this file woke me up LOL it went from like easy to insanely hard but its jsut the song choice, i like it a lot the pattern usage was timed well and you layered into the sounds as they came in. like it, accept

niji no kakera (suee) - accept
sorry didn't catch this submission the first time, must of been BARELY past my last batch or i just didn't dl it lol. i've been saying it before, but when you make a 8th note file right it can be really fun. despite this being a really really easy AAAA it fits well for MA with some colored notes here and there with just fun patterns, avoiding any repetition. plus i'm glad you cut this because i would not have wanted to do 8th notes for more than like 3 minutes lol accept

pictionary title screen (jombo) - accept
another good minijack file that'd be fun at rates (actually played it three times, last time in like 1.3x xd) definitely cool for scoring and overall just really really fun. accept

yggdrasil (porkypig) - accept
i really like this again, the patterns are so much fun. reminds me of the old necros files. the freezes in the middle with mixed 16ths were well placed and didn't have me holding them too long. accept

asdfqwer -phq remix- (??) - accept
fun patterns, maybe not too original here so this is probably the last of the scoring stuff i'll accept that isn't -majorly- dumpy. only reason idk the artist is because i look at cdtitles xd accept

bob's tango - accept
my file; resynced and minor edits. i could potentially pull this depending on the submission quantity. adding this and great fox to the list so that they're "filled" in to the file count

go forth! great fox - accept
my file not yet finished; almost done though. phoenix wright dual destinies ost

*played all of these files 3 times due to how many accepted, glad to see submission quality blew up!*
atrps (rcaliber) - accept
really cool song. again, fun patterns in the entire file outside of the very beginning because of pattern variety.. not a big deal though, file is fun regardless of how you stepped the beginning (first ~30 seconds). PR was spot on, and the layering is fantastic throughout. i think this could really be stepped to be slightly more difficult, but that's me being biased. small amounts of difficulty jumps, i could get specific if you wanted but it's not really a big deal. accept

Chirality (scylaax) - accept
this is what i expect out of dubstep files. freezes and really, really cool layering and technical stuff. obviously PR here is subjective but you did keep some guidelines in which sounds were where. pretty fun and exceptionally hard, it's great to have a pack filled with variety of difficulties since it'll cater to more audiences. this one fills the scoring gap for the pack (since a majority of it needs to be scoring regardless). only complaint here is the freezes; i hate when freezes tap right into each other. it can be awkward to play, but here it's not bad enough to make me want to change it. also missed some difficulty potential (at least a spike) in the end along with a few other small segments, but i get you had a consistent difficulty you wanted to keep throughout without making it too dumpy. accept

TRICKL4SH 220 (kommisar) - accept
t.hanks for steppin something kommi. reminds me of your old files that people disliked bc you didn't get ~technical~ in them l0l i like it a lot tho because fun 8th notes taps accept

kissing the shadows (baq12) - accept
haven't played a file from you since uemp lol glad to see you're still steppin' xd dam and it's hard (or i'm bad, one or the other). obviously not much for me to say about the guitar solos (whens a time u even saw a ferrari file with color notes lul) but i really love these type of files because of the technical stuff involved in it and the music choice itself. the sound choice on what you decided to step in the song here was well done and sound focus on the guitar was obvious. did this song a ton of justice and i feel like i'm rockin' a guitar, plus these kinds of technical files where its still fun are p rare. accept

luna clock (scylaax) - accept
LOL SONG CHOICE.. can't remember the original file though. been a while since i've touched odi. but the file itself, some of the sync on the notes felt funky to me (mostly those 32nds you had on 4-3-2s and 1-2-3s all over and mostly in the first ~50 seconds), but i can't imagine they'd be 48ths. two playthroughs, another time in the editor would probably tell me whether its 100% right or not... but i'll take your stepping for it since it'd be going into the depths of 0.3x and i'm not doing that. iirc the original file focused a little on that background snare (or is it a cymbal, idk), but i could be wrong. your sound preference is definitely different in comparison to the odi2 (i think) file this song has for it. regardless it's fun to tap out, couldn't say if it really needed a restep since i haven't played the original file in a while. loved the solo all towards the end of the file.. i mean the song choice is a bit of a meh to me, but the file itself shows a lot of cool colored sections, decent layering (some patterns were awkward to hit, mostly the 16th jumpjacks in the beginning (ie 2-3 into 3-4 type of patterns) and some i would of varied up since they seem similar to previous sections) but it's fun enough to me. accept

my fucking sound (valor) - reject
i really dislike marathon files, because it can get boring really fast if its not stepped right and the song choice doesn't warrant a marathon. plus it gives the player the expectation that the file is going to be ~mad epic~. in this case the song was really different, and from listening to it i can tell it's interesting lol. technicality and pr is really subjective here since there's not much to be following.. i can tell you chose the layering on how many sounds are present instead of the sound volume which i personally agree with. freeze happy here, not that you really could of did anything different with this song... there's not a whole lot going on in a lot of it. i want to accept it, but not as a marathon. really it's such a dull song; it wants to have more going on in it, but with the length it makes it hard to keep me interested. plus, i'm not sure how you could cut it. it's just too long is my problem, and the song put me to sleep, making it not that fun... reject :/

unknown soldier (baq12) - accept
cool pattern usage throughout. again, i like the chain of colored notes throughout, and it keeps a lot of variety in the file. plus the song allows for different pattern usage since it's changing throughout. good length, and i like the focus on the guitar throughout the entire file (like your other submission). accept

adularia (rparty89) - accept
freeze use too exaggerated here; i think only accenting those 16ths and jumps with some minor 32nd/48th freezes would of been better for playability in the sections it's 16th streams with freezes. the pattern usage stays varied, but the freeze usage is really the only thing that kills me. rule of thumb on freezes: if the sound is not longer than an 8th measure do NOT keep it as a dragged out freeze, again that's only bias. files can come out pretty well if you have great freezes, and it really matters on a song-by-song basis. some songs can be stepped like that and it's really fun; other ones like this you could avoid it without confusing the player on the PR and sound focus xd don't worry it's easy to figure out your focus when the main melody is loud enough; simple jumps make it easy enough to determine. the streams were fun, and i mean PR wise there's not much to say since it's one of those ~16th electronicas~ kind of songs where you have streams. i mean the fixes for this are minor enough. if you'd like i can change the small amounts of patterns in the segments i'm talking about and then forward you a .sm back to the email. if not i'll leave it as is, accep otherwise

DANCE ALL NIGHT (Jombo) - reject
Most portions felt like missed opportunities; mostly towards the beginning with the bass line ( I felt as if you could of taken advantage of it and made the patterns more diverse. Felt too simplistic imo. The middle 16ths where you followed the new melody with the background 16th minijacks was well-done, might make small changes there just because i felt like, again, missed opportunity to layer them in creatively with the stream. First few measures with the 1-3 32nds into 2-4 24ths felt wrong sync-wise, but I'd have to check. Very beginning honestly is what I would change, but otherwise it's not bad but still fits your jombo syndrome you have in all of your files; always missed potential. The snares and everything in the background would of been cool to layer into the beginning selectively with the bass, but I can see what you were doing for. It is pretty fun despite the small missed parts, but TOO much is missed in terms of sound and pattern usage. The triples towards the end could be switched up a bit to fit the melody. Honestly this file is plagued with patterns that could of been switched up to create diversity, missed sounds, and overall just minor things I noticed throughout. (side note I could POTENTIALLY make a standard on top of yours and just put our banners together since this is something I'd like to step too, just calling it a collab if I do. obviously leaving your chart untouched, but problem is i don't feel your chart is acceptable atm rip) rejec

Level 1 v2 (Jombo) - Reject
The ending (maybe I glanced over it too quickly?) seems to be a lot of colored notes which takes away from the file again. The jacks do feel much better on an oni; not much else to say here outside of what I said originally about the unfitting jump streams that still float around the file. Honestly this song just DOESN'T fit jumpstream period.

[just a personal thing again. If i were to have stepped this the beginning I would of ignored the background snares or anything that's part of the kicks and drums. focus on the main melody, brought in the kicks/snares only when its emphasized or changed from other sections. some PR was wrong in your file and that's just another thing that would be fixed. the 16ths that seem to sound like they fade out (maybe like rolls) which would of been cool to step on their own. the 16ths jacks you have in the middle sound more like trills, but not sure; some 16ths could really be 24ths. some sounds were "understepped" like the jacks making it distracting again. the part right before the main melody comes back in and after the 16ths is actually 24ths streams with maybe 48ths? coming in on the faster portions. this song could make an OK file stepped to "max potential," but i'll leave it alone as of right now]

On My Wings () - reject
32nds 2-3 pattern doesn't fit. Honestly it's a lot of generic patterns here. Plus the song itself isn't stepped to the "fullest" potential. It's not a bad first file, but it's missing notes on the main melody (8th single segment portion) where it's emphasized. A lot of sounds are missed throughout, making it hard to really judge the file. rejec

Sunset Caffe Terrace (porkypink) - accept
put in w/ fixes. beginning segment with the piano before the snares kick in and the beat starts up i noticed you focused strictly on the piano. triples accenting the extra notes kicking it on key parts would of been alright, but it makes sense what you were doing. overall cool 12th jumpy file. accept

trickstarz (hi19hi19) - accept
two files with the same name nearly in the same pack ayy lmao. i played oni and laughed at that ridiculous jump trill shit it starts with. then 32nd streams? like what in the hell lmao, quit oni. not bc i'm bad or anything (heh), but the heavy is i'm guessing the actual chart. not sure if you just trolling with this file, kind of borderline dump and some boring patterns. but reminds me of your old destiny file; sadly as much as i don't think this file is really "great" it fits that entire scoring piece the pack does need. the small portions that are difficult do accurately go with the music, so i can't really say much about it outside of personal bias. i'll accept it on the fact it's a scoring file that'll appeal pretty heavy to the g00d keyboard smashers, but really this is the last time i'll accept a file like this

&E-XT (shibby 290) - reject
some parts were stepped well; others not so much. the middle jumpstream is a tad generic, and the song itself just doesn't make much of a file. i have a lot of problems accepting it bc of the generic jumpstream patterns you had all over. feels like something from 09, making it nostalgic but not exactly playable by a large audience. some missed opportunities again with pattern usage and what you could of stepped. it's not a bad attempt, but i blame the song overall.

Aether & Light - rejec
pattern usage & freezes don't get along; don't really step full fledged patterns on freezes (ie a hold on 1 while you have 64ths/32nds and all that on the 2-4 keys). it really doesn't make the file fun. plus there's ghost notes in this file too, things that just don't sync right. overall i can tell it's maybe not a first file, I'd look into some guides and play files from other packs. Cetaka stepped plenty of songs of this nature; I'd try to play some of his from the ODI packs along with that pack that he collaborated with another user on. I can link if you're interested. rejec

Ground Theme - Underground Theme - accept
Rule of thumb on 16th jump patterns - always be sure one note isn't repeating throughout as it makes it into an awkward jack instead. ie 1-2 -> 2-3 -> 2-4 patterns all on 16ths at high bpms can make it awkward for the player in the wrong way since they're technically doing a 16th jack at, in this case, 120 bpm. not that that can be a problem at this BPM, but it does make the file feel a little less "smooth." pattern variation here seems limited, you focus on 2-4 keys instead of layering it out more. PR needs a lot of work here. pretty fun though, also don't step into fadeouts. it's a bad rule of thumb and it can make the file feel incomplete. on VGM, even though the song sometimes has no "climatic" portion within the song you have to kind of create it in stepping. it's fine i guess, but something to remember. accep

Emil's Sacrifice (choof) - accept
pretty long, but enough pattern variation to carry attention. it was kind of tough, but i liked it. song is weird and provides an odd factor of fun into it. i didn't like the dragged-out freeze sections since it really adds nothing to the file outside of boring me. i would suggest when the background noises start shifting to change those freezes into jumps and then start layering in the crazy bleeps and things going on in the background; things that are -too low- can just be substituted with mines to keep it really intense. BUT that's just me, it's cool as-is accep

Imprinting (caliber) - accept
not much to say outside of awesome lol. i liked it entirely. the song itself is really interesting and keeps the file varied on its own right

rotten heresey & chocolate (kaneh) - accept
reminds me a bit of your other submission; i like it too. the length again can be an issue for some people as its just j-pop, but like i said i love fun jack files that can be played around with rates. gives replayability which is this pack needs a lot of and has been an issue of me as a judge in the past. accept

_.Pulse (gammablaster) - rejec
holy shit this rocked me. we need just ONE of these kind of files. it holds replayability in strictly difficulty, but i think it's just slightly too hard for this. i would say that if you submitted this to an icyworld stream pack or something similar it'd be auto-accepted, but here i think this is just stepping out of my boundaries too much. a lot of technicality things i could mention, but i don't feel as if this file should be judged on those factors. sadly i have to rejec

lime light - missing a lot of sounds as soon as it starts.. not a fan. can't say much since it just feels really understepped and a lack of effort, if you did put some effort into this then i gotta say the pattern variety could be much better, and the overall originality is kinda meh. i think doing jumps consistently with the little jacks here and there is painfully boring and brings nothing really to the pack. rejec

opaque air - i think introducing more sounds into the mix in the beginning could bring more life to the song. i see that youre focusing on the major sounds, and i get why you said this is a little boring. but for what it is i do like it, fun MA file. maybe not anything spectatcular but fun, the song has so much going on that i could see why you focused only on major sounds since layering in some parts and not in others could make it feel -off-. but accept for fun solos

purple haze - played oni, but assuming the other charts are as well layered as the oni i can only guess that it's a good file. not much to say really since it's pretty much what i expected. well-stepped n whatevs accept

**notes not too detailed, p much all accepts anyway**

also yume ill probably remove the videos to make the pack not as huge since a majority of players (at least to my knowledge) typically play with backgrounds at 0-10% brightness anyway.

Between Sanity & Insanity - accept
good scoring file, not much to say. feels like something roar would make lol i like it accept

Dash do Cinderella - accept
fun, some missed sounds in some portions with the drums/snares but nothing that makes it unplayable or noticeable. i like it overall, patterns are fun and length is perfect, generic patterns but length is acceptable for it accep

Infinite of Nuclear Fusion - accept
on the fence with this, i think i'm gonna accept bc pack lacks scoring files like this. ye accept

Light colors - rejec
this one's too long, pattern use is fun but i feel the length and repetition kind of blands it out. rejec

Neko Miko Reimu B - accept
middle-of-the-pack kind of difficulty. it's lackluster in terms of originality and varied pattern use, but i think it's still fun. one thing i can note about a lot of your files (assuming they're from otaku which then makes sense on the length) is that long files != fun files. length really depends on the song and how many varied patterns, PR, and layering it can bring. i can imagine that their requirements are sometimes to ~step~ an entire animu song, but to me i think it's best to avoid doing that as it really makes it insanely repetitive. you make p fun files, but the length is what kills me on some of them. otherwise this one's cool

Nightmare - accept
restep but i'll take it, good file all around

rabuuruauau - rejec
not bad but lacks anything to make it stand out. an OK scoring file but ill rejec

SCARLET TEMPEST - accep
i think some missed opportunities on certain sections with PR and how you could of layered it. but it's pretty fun so accep

session 1 -genesis- - accep
cool scoring file, dope song, i like

seven hundred million light-year rainbow - rejec
this one is similar to light. when it comes to your freezes you dont have to fit a typical approach of having holds on notes that length. a lot of little things about the file bothered me that i think were missed, ie mini jacks or freezes for that repeating noise and the background sounds that go on could of made fun theory stuff (jack theory, mini freezes, colored notes, etc). that's just my opinion, but that's what i think this file lacks the most. it's fun again but i think on your files you should try to find key things that make it stand out more. the approach you go for is appealing, simple, and fun.. i can't argue that it's ineffective, but i think they could be more fun if you played around with the layering and overall flow of the file more like you do on some of your files (but not others)

snow halation - rejec
freeze variation keeps it alive but too long for the type of repetition it has.

Started - rejec
not much to say that hasn't been said. missed opportunities, ways it could of been layered to give it more personality, etc

streaming heart - accept
8th notes all over, not bad but lackluster again in something that makes it stand out as an animu file. HOWEVER it does have more of a unique feel to it and i have a soft spot for these fun 8th jump note files xd i like this one cuz you varied patterns and did what i mentioned in previous notes to avoid repetition.

Thunderdome Got CRUNK - rejec
ah man my *****, like the song but the file itself super generic felt like something from like 05 LOL

watashi - rejec
not something i'd imagine i'd play again so i can't accept it. same as before

adularia - rejec
current one in the pack feels more original, this is just random jumpstream

black root shooter - rejec
i dont mind you sending a bunch of files at once, but again your batch all felt the same outside of one file -_- holy freeze batman, i know i didn't put much requisites but i don't want to play things that all feel the same and sound the same

element creation - rejec
kind of similar to adularia in the sense that you have a lot of streams, but this is much better than the previous file. i feel like i repeat this over and over but i don't mind if files follow a similar suit.. but if i could make the exact file out of the exact same song then there's something lacking in the file. here i think its layering and how you followed the songs. the guitar could of been followed more closely cuz i think some of it is off sync, but otherwise kind of a mass 8th note file with some fast 16ths

oracion - rejec
generic all around, i think it's the song choice though honestly

self producer - accept
better, mine choice is great and it has a fun flow that isn't like your previous files (ie 8th notes with jumps and occasional 16ths

tenshi no clover - rejec
read black root shooter

triple asterisk passionate - rejec
repetitive 16ths zzzz 8th note file AGAIN

ubertreffen - rejec
you followed the piano close but has similar issues i feel like to element

elemental creation - accept
little freezes in the middle awkward that go for the chorus, but this is awesome otherwise. the part with the triple alternating trills (ie i think 1 2-3-4 1 2-3-4 at double bpm) was a little nuts but fine in my books xd accep

HAELEQUIN - accept
ooo marathon file, shit got real. just fuck yes this file rules haha the 24ths, 32nds, and the steady difficulty spike THROUGHOUT made it a blast to play. awesome, and the PR was on point and made sense for a song that's really focusing on the electric piano.

Hetero homos - accep
wtf is this heavy lol idk, the difficulties all feel gimped and odd since standard has some really easy portions and then spike it back up again. i mean its an OK file outside of the weird difficulty spikes but feels nvlm-isk. ill accept it though cuz scoring

quintet 3 - rejec
overboard on freezes here, sync is great but i think some quads could of been avoided. honestly this goes really well with the song and i'm a little against marathons for the sake of length; it takes a certain kind of file to be ok'd from me to be a marathon.. which is like i've said prior songs that are changing throughout and allow for a marathon via a ton of pattern variety. here i think you HAVE that in some parts but some repetition in others. it's really not that bad though, sync is great and the freezes are what kill me here because if you dumbed those down on your stream portions this could be an awesome file. also it does get a tad repetitive; i'd consider ending it short where it just goes back to the initial beat or changing your patterns and remove some triples bc i think there's too many throughout the file. it's definitely not a BAD file in the slightest.. the length is really what the problem is here. the song is alright but the minijacks and otherwise non-flowing patterns in a ton of sections make it anti-fun.

rain clock grid - rejec
problem here is its a TAD overstepped without proper justification with a "real" or even dumbed down chart. sure, it's ok for scoring once again but to me the standard doesn't do the song justice since the difficulty doesn't completely reflect the song. i dont mind the heavy being a beginner with some of the harder parts toned out (ie the 12th/16th kind of stuff). plus occassionally there's missed noises in all 3 difficulties (ie just low piano in the beginning segment as an example). i think there's more potential here by toning down on layering in some portions and keeping it strictly in the sections that have more noise. otherwise if this was refined more it could be an awesome file but for now i cant accept xd. what i could recommend is, based on your steps, make an attempt at layering ONE piano on a difficulty with PR as a focus, then a second chart with the other piano as a focus. this may sound redundant/exhausting but trust me in some cases it's best to try to focus on one sound at a time especially with a complex piano duet like this

**ps to anyone else reading this when i say OVERSTEPPED i mean that the steps aren't in tune with the song aka i should ~flow~ with the music in a file. difficulty can lead to extreme bias, but in a case of the song above (twin pianos going) it could be a difficult chart IF executed properly

sywBnP - accept
what the fuck LOL rape music.. what did i just play? i mean holy shit you synced this like a god i'll accept it for that because its hella fun but man that was some weird shit lmao. i'd recommend with your files is that you focus on better layering with the jumps. also do you care who the artist is on this? cuz I'ma delete the subtitle and leave it unknown on the artist. for your CDTITLE (bc you don't have one obviously)

yume miru wow - accept
really really fun wow i dunno who you are but cool throughout with teh freezes/mines and minijacks

Last edited by intensez; 07-20-2015 at 08:52 PM..
intensez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2015, 06:45 PM   #2
V-Ormix
Banned
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Ok guys let's resurrect Stepmania

yeah i can step some thing woop
V-Ormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2015, 06:56 PM   #3
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

I have 3 songs that I released individually (but not in a pack) if that counts
roundbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2015, 07:18 PM   #4
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I have lots of unreleased files I could submit. I'd like to know what the premise / idea behind the pack is though as far as theme, stepping style, or target difficulty, if there is any.

Last edited by ilikexd; 06-8-2015 at 07:19 PM..
ilikexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2015, 07:39 PM   #5
Wafles
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Wafles

yea but are you gonna take the effort to actually make a pack happen?
Wafles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2015, 08:17 PM   #6
firemon22
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to firemon22

im in

https://soundcloud.com/djbdock acapellas over my beats
http://tuneport.com/profile/bdockbeats my beats for yall to rap on
firemon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2015, 09:32 PM   #7
NeoMasterPie
Forum User

i have a few unreleased files

NeoMasterPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2015, 09:35 PM   #8
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

This can happen, but at this point I don't think people are interested in setting up a judge panel, etc. This seems more like a gathering hodgepodge of newer simfiles from the community. Will there at least be a quality screening for this?
Old 06-8-2015, 09:37 PM   #9
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

kind of have the urge to chart stuff again, i'm down
Old 06-8-2015, 10:31 PM   #10
intensez
FFR Player

Well if you guys wanna do a panel we can

i just made an email so send to supercoolpack9@gmail.com, for screening we can just do like 3/4 other people who don't mind going through a few of the files. 3/5 accepts = files in

ie feels - if the song is slow the chart should be slow, if the song is fast paced with a lot going on it should feel complex.. the basics of stepping xd i'll edit the first post with the pack basics
Old 06-8-2015, 10:36 PM   #11
James May
FFR Player

Welp, gonna decide on either Brand New, You're On (which is still in progress), or Ham Jam to ship over.

James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2015, 10:57 PM   #12
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I have an unreleased file that I had no idea what to do with and it already has graphics and its probably my last simfile like everrrrrrrr so please don't hit 30 in the next few days before I get a chance to submit, thanks!!!!!!
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2015, 11:17 PM   #13
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

In the mood to step stuff. Problem is that we have to win over the attention of the touhou/vocaloid/pony music players.
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2015, 11:42 PM   #14
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Sent in 2 files I mean WHY NOT
Old 06-9-2015, 12:05 AM   #15
James May
FFR Player

sent 3 files zzz

James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2015, 01:06 AM   #16
barfood
FFR Player

I sent 13 files, hopefully some will make it in

@ intensez, I sent you a pm because for some reason my emails won't go to your adress. I tried like 4 times, lol.

Quote:
[sven]: martin va remplacer la luzerne de son ragout de pelouse par du weed
[sven]: y va manger ca en souriant comme le dude de quaker
[haku]: that quaker dude looks like he just got laid
barfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2015, 01:18 AM   #17
Buta-san
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Buta-san

I have a 8 minute jumpstream. Can that go here?
Buta-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2015, 02:35 AM   #18
GammaBlaster
FFR Player

i might step my own music
GammaBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2015, 03:38 AM   #19
tuxdude143
FFR Player

I don't think stepmania was dead to begin with

If you have any featue suggestions, bug reports or anything else stepmania 5 related you want to feedback to the devs please report it on this form.

http://goo.gl/forms/OQ8fCojiK3
tuxdude143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2015, 06:01 AM   #20
intensez
FFR Player

I'll go through the files today and throw some notes in the 1st post xd