Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums > General Discussion > Critical Thinking

Old 08-10-2004, 10:23 PM   #1
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CypherToorima
Default Critical Thinking: Can you love someone...

Alright. I have a question for everyone here. Well almost everyone. This question is aimed at the regular age group that posts here(10...er...13-15 or 16 year olds). Do you think that you are capable of actually loving someone outside your family?

My answer is no. I don't feel I am mature enough to actually love someone outside my family. I can like someone as 'more than a friend', but I don't feel I can love them.

Too clear up any confusion, I'm talking about a 'Marriage' sort of 'love'.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:37 PM   #2
qualy
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to qualy Send a message via Yahoo to qualy

I say it's possible, but VERY VERY VERY unlikely it will happen. Lots of teenagers mistake their feelings for real love, but it's almost guaranteed not the real thing.
qualy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 10:42 PM   #3
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743

Yea, a lot of teenagers think they are in love, but they really aren't. I think its more of a "like"...and you will realize that once you meet a person who you really do love.

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
flypie743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 10:46 PM   #4
LEGO
Banned

Send a message via AIM to LEGO

Yes, I have people outside my family that I love, but in a family-kind of way. Close friends. Maybe you guys are talking about the marriage kind of love.
LEGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 08:03 AM   #5
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Sectional ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

True love? Yes...i think so. Depends on how mature you are about it I guess...and if you've really found the right person or just someone you think is the right person...

I'm 17 though. Was 16 at the time.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:50 AM   #6
Privateer
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Privateer

If you can find any love at all, you can find love in anybody. Why would it be restricted to family? That's pretty stupid logic.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:53 AM   #7
Izzi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Izzi

there talking about like TRUE TRUE TRUE love where theres no way to seperate you
Izzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 08:56 AM   #8
Privateer
FFR Player

Ok, then that makes both of you sound stupider, because you rarely get that feeling with a family member. It's much more likely with a girlfriend/boyfriend.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:58 AM   #9
Izzi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Izzi

family love is diffrent >.>
Izzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:02 AM   #10
Privateer
FFR Player

Stop posting.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:02 AM   #11
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743

Privateer, so you are saying you don't love your family and would want to be separated from them?-I think people do love their family and would do anything to stay as one family if they had to be separated.

I think you can only find true love once or twice...but when you are younger you think you "love" the person...

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
flypie743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 10:02 AM   #12
Powerless
FFR Player

Why would love be restricted to family? Oh..lets see..

Beacuse you've spent your whole life (We'll go with 16 years) with the same people (Hopefully, sorry in advance to all you poor souls out there who's parents are divorced, in jail..etc). You know they're returning the "favor" of love, you love them, they love you. With a BF/GF situation it's different. You may have common intrests, but that dosen't mean that you get along with your significant other.

One example I use is the fact that my parents can stand to be around and socialize with their friends. My dad can stand my mom's friends and vice versa. When people are in a premarrital situation, they tend to cave alot to make their significant other happy. But if your girlfriend dosent like the thing that you enjoy doing (Lets say Paintball, DRR, or somthing), then its not true love. They dont accept the thing YOU like to do.

I could drone on and on, but I find love before you're completely independent from your family to be an extremely fickle thing. It's been done obviously, I know people are going to say that, and thats

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualy
..possible, but VERY VERY VERY unlikely it will happen.
Powerless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 10:16 AM   #13
Privateer
FFR Player

First of all, izzi said 'there's no way to seperate you,' which is a much stronger love than just not wanting to be seperated, flypie.

Secondly, if anything, a girlfriend or boyfriend is more suited for you to connect with, in terms of interest. A family member is more of a forced love. I have a very poor relationship with my mother, but I still loosely love her. If I had a very poor relationship with someone out of my family, I obviously wouldn't love them. You get to choose who it is you get attached to in a relationship that doesn't involve family members.

I also could drone on and on about how you are all wrong, but I don't care enough.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:53 AM   #14
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CypherToorima

Privateer, you completely missed the point of this thread. I am talking about people around 13-16 actually loving their girlfriend or boyfriend, or are do they just like them alot.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:06 PM   #15
aleco
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to aleco

What's the difference? Why does it matter?
Old 08-11-2004, 02:00 PM   #16
Powerless
FFR Player

So, lets establish that not everyone lives in a perfect world.

Its highly unlikely that "Love" will develop while you still have obligations that dont pay. School, chores, etc. People will throw around the word love without knowing what true love feels like. Everyone says that they "Love" their boyfriend or girlfriend and then proceeds to break up with them 7 months later beacuse they're bored of their relationship.

So it can happen, but is unlikely.
Powerless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 11:25 PM   #17
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

I agree with Aleco in that it really doesn't matter, but for the sake of discussion...

Yes, but I think sixteen is about the youngest that that's gonna happen. I think it has a lot to do with how soon that person starts to understand the concept of and undertake some responsibility. I'm finding it really hard to explain exactly why those ideas are tied to each other, but I think it has something to do with maturity. When you become mature enough to take responsibility for yourself, mature thoughts come next, one of which is love.

I don't think you can find such feelings with thirteen and fourteen year olds, but moreso with the older ages. I still stand by the fact that I was in love when I was sixteen. I'm nineteen now, and can barely comprehend how much I wanted to be with her, much less how there could possibly be a greater feeling out there if I actually weren't in love.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 01:18 AM   #18
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

If I met the right girl...but probably not...all I want is sex really. All teenage boys want sex. THAT IS ALL. I use to think I was more sofisiticated than that...but really, I just wanted sex. Though I would like to have sex with a girl who shares common interests.

I thought I was in love once. When I woke up, I thought about her *not in a sexual way* and when I went to bed I thought about her *not in a sexual way...well, occasionally, I'm only human.* At school, she was always on my mind. I even wrote her a song...well, technically 6 songs...including "Water Like Pudding." But it was all a lie. I just wanted sex. I still want sex...just give me bang bang bang and shut up.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 01:21 AM   #19
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

ahhh..
Old 08-12-2004, 12:09 PM   #20
ayanepuck
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ayanepuck

Possibly.

I think that it is possible to fall in love at an early age, but unlikely. I know this sounds odd, but people out age are still in high school and college and our lives are still unfolding in front of our eyes. True love is something that would get in the way of my life at the moment. Sounds selfish, I know, but that is how I see things. I will elaborate more when my thoughts are actually on this subject. I don't normally think about this subject too often.

\"The Beatles saved the world from boredom.\"
--George Harrison
ayanepuck is offline   Reply With Quote