Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the fix for the avmiss glitch?
I think it is a good idea 157 80.51%
I think we should keep avmisses 38 19.49%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2008, 03:10 AM   #1
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Goodbye Framers!

Well, you guys heard it on the front page - this is has some pretty serious ramifications for FFR from what I can tell. If you haven't seen the front page, then open your eyes, because getting avmissed on framers is now a thing of the past once the Beta is released to the public. For now, I guess this will be considered the public version of the subscriber thread "The Greatest Night in the History of Our Sport."

It's clearly going to change the level of difficulty of a lot of songs in FFR - in fact, I can potentially see a new ranking system needing to be developed for songs since framers are no longer an issue. What was once an FMO will probably be Very Challenging now...who knows? What's the new FGO going to be like? One can only imagine...

And what about stats? Average rank is still a good tool to measure player's skill by, but I can guarantee there will be a sharp increase in the number of players with average ranks under 500 once the Beta is released to the public...don't forget about the effect this now has on Tier Points as well.

There just might have to be a major system overhaul with this new flash revolution. Should we separate these new scores from the old scores? Is it right to include these new scores and integrate them with the old, essentially erasing any previous milestones gained on the song?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimerax View Post
One of the most worthy historical things is the score database that has been continued for 4.3 years (you guys should realize how long it is for a internet game).

Other released features like Color Notes/Autofail/Speed Mods didn't break of those score compatibility, but av-miss fix DOES. And I think it makes 2nd style a completely different game (of course in a good meaning).

Plus I think av-miss feature has also historical worthiness if things like blue note files have, and shouldn't be completely removed from this entire site.
So, while there is an argument for keeping avmisses in respect to their historical FFR significance, a counter argument can be made that with FFR being such a combo-oriented game, is it right to penalize someone for not being accurate by knowing when to hit on early frames in a jack - and the result being a lost combo?

Xelius' flash work has also opened up new doors in the stepping world, those songs that were always considered taboo because their BPM's were too high are now fair game. With no worries of being avmissed, anything is possible...that is, as long as it goes to the music. Step artists will now have an extra tool for their files - one can hope this will add not only technicality, but hopefully some fun to new files.

Even though us public kids don't have access to the Beta yet, I've already seen what it can do. People of typical and unsuspecting skill are FCing songs like Molto Vivace and FPC'ing songs like 100 Bar Blackout. That in itself is something that most people probably have never envisioned - all perfects on 100 Bar Blackout?! NO WAY. Oh, yes. Yes, indeed.

So, what do you guys think about this? Will FFR legacy be destroyed, or is there a bright new future for FFR without avmisses? Personally, I'm happy to see that a fix can be implemented, but is now the right time to do so? How will this effect the game we've all come to know and love, avmisses included?

Please discuss this topic with me, include your thoughts, opinions, gripes, whatever! I want to see what the community has to say.

devonin has kindly opened a poll for me so everyone can vote on what they think. Please utilize the poll, for it is public so everyone can see where members stand.

Last edited by foilman8805; 01-28-2008 at 11:17 PM..
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:13 AM   #2
Magic_V2
RobMagic
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Magic_V2
Default Re: Goodbye Framers!

We'll see how it works out.

Magic_V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:17 AM   #3
Aleste
stating the obvious.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Aleste Send a message via MSN to Aleste

i had the exact same thoughts on this subject as Phynx. i actually feel like he took the words right out of my mouth. i read the headlines and was talking to someone about it... i come back and lo and behold! For those who haven't read his comment from the front page:

Quote:
Okay, here’s the thing, I’ve told this to Sprite because he totally hates the idea of an avmiss fix… I’m all for it though. Having the avmiss fix implemented means a few things. 1. It does in fact allow for easier FC on insane songs like OMW, CP, GGC, Molto and the others we all know. BUT, here’s the catch. Having this ability to FC means nothing. It’s going to be HARD AS HELL for everyone to FC and STILL maintain a good PA rate. Only the top players of FFR will be able to do that and everyone else will have their scores represented in proportion to the skilled scores of the masters. If you think about it, having avmiss gone, ALL the old scores on the avmiss hell songs will be totally pulverized. BUT the scores will once again balance out as everyone places scores in the song. It’s still the same concept. Think of it as everyone gaining a skill jump at the same rate of 5 fold. Now another thing, having avmisses gone means that we will need crazy harder songs for those that toast the already hard ass songs. We’ll need songs like St. Scarhand for example. I’m all for it having far harder songs. This does represent a problem of totally re-evaluating each songs difficulty to balance out for these new, insane songs. Also, we will start to want songs with hands in them. Just to add to the difficulty factor. Having songs of this difficulty will help better represent the top players of FFR and as well, keep peoples skills proportionate to others. I see 0 problems with the avmiss fix after it is implemented. I say, let them implement it, let the old scores be crushed, in the end, everything will once again balance out.
Yup. Although, just to satiate the high end players.. perhaps the avmisses could be taken out for only the subsequent song releases AFTER this goes public. This would present a problem the same as playing the current version of FFR and SM at the same time.... Different timings. i suppose it would be best to figure out what percentage of the community is really going to complain about the ramification, right? The players who are already at the top will just remain there, most likely. Just as Phynx put it

i love FFR. in any case.. i'm not going anywhere and i'm sure most of us feel the same way. Synthlight (who lurks in the thread as i type this >.>) and the other developers have always been kind enough to listen to the community, and this will be no different. i believe that is why they're not sure how to handle the update at this point.

XELIUS IS GOD

Last edited by Aleste; 01-28-2008 at 03:24 AM.. Reason: too many editses
Aleste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:21 AM   #4
[TeRa]
FFR Player
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

im still sad / pissed that their taking them away. but dont bother arguing, everyone has opinions, im sad of the time i spent whoring fotbb for that blackflag, and i whored never getting around to that aaa, and now, ill be able to aaa it 9 out of every 10 times i play it. and as for molto, i get a shash sup 798 combo, and then this happens, my longest held top 10 score on cp was destroyed by this as well, my little under 600 combo on omw is being dominated, im just a little sad all my effort was wasted time when i can beat all of those in one try now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foilman8805 View Post
PFC'ing songs like 100 Bar Blackout.
FPC

Last edited by [TeRa]; 01-28-2008 at 03:25 AM..
[TeRa] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:22 AM   #5
-Yukari-
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I see a 0% chance of this being a bad thing.

"Hey guys, I was playing WoW the other day, and there's a boss with 100,000 HP, and everything does 1 damage to him except *insert skill here*. But guess what! *insert skill here* is unobtainable because of a glitch! So, I decided to spend 14 hours straight doing 1 damage to him, and I actually beat him! 100,000 HP and all! Now the glitch is fixed though, and I want people to suffer for 14 hours straight like I had to suffer :( :( :( :("

So it's better to play a game that doesn't function correctly?

I can't possibly see why people think scores that were obtained while avoiding the glitch should remain intact. Sure, we will have to go back and fix some old scores (I have one, others have many more), but what about all the players that have yet to join the site? They're not going to know the difference anyway. We need to let go of the ancient avmiss scores. Maybe it's easy for me to say, because I'm new, but.... guys, it's a GLITCH. Developers FIX GLITCHES. :)
So anyways i was thinking, what if a single miss didn't stop your combo? Instead, your combo kept going until 2 consecutive misses were made. I think this would provide a more realistic ranking system, and eliminate a lot of mashing.

Last edited by -Yukari-; 01-28-2008 at 03:27 AM..
-Yukari- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:24 AM   #6
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

Would any moderator or administrator care to help me in creating a poll? I made my original post, and I can't go back and add a poll, but I'd like to ask the community if they approve or disapprove of avmisses being removed from the game.

Can this be done?
Old 01-28-2008, 03:27 AM   #7
RoastedNoob
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I almost want to start a petition Honestly, I'm not sure if I like or dislike this. I feel avgmisses are a part of the game. I swear they should be an on/off option like someone made an image of.

I mean, I guess it's good... but the cool thing about avmisses was that it made more of a skill requirement, like an advanced technique of FFR.

I'm going to miss average misses...

I'll be much better now, though. to not have avgmisses fixed. o.o

- FFR's First and Only CCC -
RoastedNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:28 AM   #8
[TeRa]
FFR Player
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

99% of people are going to approve the removal, a few people are upset, but we'll get over it most likely anyway.

This IS the next generation of ffr, no doubt about it.
[TeRa] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:30 AM   #9
Aleste
stating the obvious.
FFR Veteran

Tera, down the road you'll attain more scores that you're proud of. If it weren't for avmisses, maybe your accuracy wouldn't be what it is now Set the bar higher.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:33 AM   #10
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

Yeah, I'm ready to take down some of those Classical songs that have dominated me my whole FFR career.

Can't wait to kick OMW in the balls.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:34 AM   #11
Aleste
stating the obvious.
FFR Veteran

Crowdpleaser FC'able? xD
Old 01-28-2008, 04:27 AM   #12
silvercomet1525
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to silvercomet1525

I guess it's sad that now being able to hit early to avoid avmisses isn't really much use any more.

But it means that pretty much every song VC+ got a heck of a lot easier now. It leaves room for more potentially harder songs to challenge the pros at this game who already AAA'ed or at least gotten a SDG for mostly everything else. Not to mention that really fast songs like Forsaken Neon don't need to be despised anymore for their speed even though their patterns are easy.

And you can say goodbye to annoying scores like these:

Tier Points: 537 (519 + 18 for 664 AAAs)
(7/29/09)
silvercomet1525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:02 AM   #13
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by foilman8805 View Post
Would any moderator or administrator care to help me in creating a poll? I made my original post, and I can't go back and add a poll, but I'd like to ask the community if they approve or disapprove of avmisses being removed from the game.

Can this be done?
Sure can
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:03 AM   #14
-Yukari-
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Devonin is cool :)
So anyways i was thinking, what if a single miss didn't stop your combo? Instead, your combo kept going until 2 consecutive misses were made. I think this would provide a more realistic ranking system, and eliminate a lot of mashing.
-Yukari- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:34 AM   #15
TS_SonicMaster
FFR Lolicon
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TS_SonicMaster

Hello Crowdpleaser

And now we can have jacks, which are pretty fun, I've always wanted some in FFR since I've praticed in Stepmania :/.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:30 AM   #16
Adamaja456
Absurd
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Adamaja456 Send a message via MSN to Adamaja456 Send a message via Yahoo to Adamaja456 Send a message via Skype™ to Adamaja456

i think its a great idea
ive struggled with lots of av misses

nothing like tera but im glad to see they might be finally eliminated

582 Tier Points(Tier 3)
602 AAAs(517+23+62)
People who bought me subscriptions/tokens:
DrugstoreCowboy(1 month) ELRayford(3 months)
~GJampa(3 months) Jerry DB(3 months)
4th place in Gamewhore Competition(3 months)
Phynx(FGJ album and Dendrite V2)
dragon890x(1 year) Slide(1 year)
Adamaja456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:11 AM   #17
Kekeb
davai
FFR Veteran

Yukari, you've been here what.. two days?

Die, ave-misses die.
Kekeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:18 AM   #18
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

AV Miss gone.
CBR happy. Life worth living. Now I need a goddamn sub.(not from subways from FFR.)

CBR
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:21 AM   #19
flipsta_lombax
Lombax Connoisseur
FFR Veteran

Oh lawd, without avmisses, you can no longer have the excuse. I wonder if Crowdpleaser would like me better now. I'm pretty sure that would get downgraded for sure.

Alot of things will change now that this is happening.

Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}
flipsta_lombax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:38 AM   #20
xinpig
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to xinpig Send a message via Skype™ to xinpig

songs getting downgraded eh?

PSEUDO SKILL TOKENS! FC'd Blooddrunk with AVMISSING!
xinpig is offline   Reply With Quote