Old 11-6-2008, 06:35 PM   #1
Bojack2424
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Bojack2424 Send a message via MSN to Bojack2424
Default Dragonball Z leaked photo

Alright. Hopefully some of you remember the giant ape's Saiyans transform into during full Moons on DBZ. Plus, we should also know that there making DBZ into a live-action film.. Well people got a little look at the real-life version of the 'all mighty Ape'. i have to say this looks NOTHING compared to what im use to seeing in the anime show..

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/ind...=690727#690727
Old 11-6-2008, 06:43 PM   #2
TD_Project
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to TD_Project Send a message via MSN to TD_Project Send a message via Yahoo to TD_Project
Default Re: Dragonball Z leaked photo

If I learned anything in this lifetime, it's to not trust leaked photos.

Even if they have press coverage.

You just wait and see.

EDIT: Btw, psyched for this movie. I'll be the only twenty year old in that theater when this thing comes out.
TD_Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-6-2008, 07:05 PM   #3
xinpig
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to xinpig Send a message via Skype™ to xinpig

i will see the movie for sure

PSEUDO SKILL TOKENS! FC'd Blooddrunk with AVMISSING!
xinpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-6-2008, 07:27 PM   #4
boondocks77
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Piccolo's a white guy. That's when you know it'll be ****ed.
Old 11-6-2008, 07:36 PM   #5
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

It doesn't even look like a monkey.
Old 11-6-2008, 07:44 PM   #6
Sh4d0wD3v1L
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Sh4d0wD3v1L

/facepalm

Unimpressed. I hope this isn't what they're /really/ using. I'll probably still go.
Old 11-6-2008, 08:26 PM   #7
NFD
FFR Player

Goku is so white it's not even funny. He looks like Donnie Darko had a bad hair day.
Old 11-6-2008, 08:44 PM   #8
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

I've been defending this film all along. When people bitched that Goku was white rather than Asian, I defended it. When Piccolo was leaked to be a different hue than the fans wanted, I defended it. When the "trailer" was leaked and showed poor action, I defended it. When Roshi was revealed to not be a pervert, I defended it.

If this is the "Great Ape" transformation, I'm done with that. It'd be better to not include the transformation at all than to make it look like that. There's not even any hair! Not even on the top of his head, where hair already exists in his normal form.

It's like a reptilian alien, rather than a werewolf/monkey combo. Also note that he's wearing the orange gi, so apparently the transformation doesn't include changing into an absurd giant.

ps also notice: he doesn't even have a tail either. I really want to know what these folks are thinking.
Old 11-6-2008, 08:51 PM   #9
jump_the_bullet
Oh you fancy, huh?
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jump_the_bullet Send a message via MSN to jump_the_bullet Send a message via Skype™ to jump_the_bullet

this movie will be major suck
this is just sad

jump_the_bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-6-2008, 09:44 PM   #10
NFD
FFR Player

FOX is directing it, jeez.
Old 11-6-2008, 09:53 PM   #11
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Totally refuse to visit the OP's link. I read the thread, I'm not getting sucked into it. Good ol' days of DBZ is what I'll hold on to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-6-2008, 09:54 PM   #12
super kid
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to super kid Send a message via Yahoo to super kid

there is actually a trailer leaked on dragonball the movie website.... just sayin'..
super kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-6-2008, 09:57 PM   #13
AC1speakerbox
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AC1speakerbox Send a message via MSN to AC1speakerbox

I am so pumped for this movie!!1!
Also, I have the utmost faith that this won't be the real ape. Don't worry.
AC1speakerbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-6-2008, 10:04 PM   #14
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by super kid View Post
there is actually a trailer leaked on dragonball the movie website.... just sayin'..
That's not really a trailer. It was some footage released for a toy show to gain interest in the IP for potential toy manufacturers.

The first actual trailer will be coming in December.
Old 11-6-2008, 10:41 PM   #15
NFD
FFR Player

It says that the planned release is April 8th, 2009, so 5 months and about a week to fix this mess.
Old 11-7-2008, 09:25 AM   #16
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

It is NOT ****ING NOT ****ING NOT ****ING DRAGON BALL Z.

It is just DRAGON BALL.

They are DIFFERENT.

Sweet Jesus people make this mistake far, far too often.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-7-2008, 09:29 AM   #17
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds View Post
It is NOT ****ING NOT ****ING NOT ****ING DRAGON BALL Z.

It is just DRAGON BALL.

They are DIFFERENT.

Sweet Jesus people make this mistake far, far too often.
To be fair, I don't think the distinction is worth getting worked up over. Not in as loose an adaptation as this. Hell, for all we know, Vegeta and Freeza will show up and Goku will go Super Saiyan 3 before even defeating Piccolo.

Anyway, the tail-end of the Dragon Ball anime was more like Z than the rest of Dragon Ball. And in the source manga, there was no actual distinction between the two eras.
Old 11-7-2008, 09:37 AM   #18
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

Oh, I realize. It was just Dragon Ball across the board until the TV was produced, then they tacked the Z on to differentiate.

My main problem, though, is that this is not a Dragon Ball Z movie and most of the posters here seem to fail to grasp the concept that there was a Dragon Ball before there was a Dragon Ball Z. I read the Dragon Ball manga when I was in middle school and still into that kind of stuff way before I got into Dragon Ball Z, and it just frustrates me that people think that an inferior product is the end all be all of the franchise. I loved - and still love - Dragon Ball. When people call the movie the Dragon Ball Z movie, it makes me face-palm.

Piccolo is the villian in this. He's still evil Piccolo. Not just, vengeful-fued-with-Goku Piccolo, but I've been imprisoned for thousands of years/dark side of the elder Namekian Piccolo. This Piccolo only existed in the Dragon Ball continuity. So people that are bitching about Piccolo being the villian, or Piccolo looking wrong are just bitching because they don't know their basic frakkin' history when it comes ot this stuff.

That's all.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-7-2008, 09:42 AM   #19
ELRayford
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Oh, I realize. It was just Dragon Ball across the board until the TV was produced, then they tacked the Z on to differentiate.

My main problem, though, is that this is not a Dragon Ball Z movie and most of the posters here seem to fail to grasp the concept that there was a Dragon Ball before there was a Dragon Ball Z. I read the Dragon Ball manga when I was in middle school and still into that kind of stuff way before I got into Dragon Ball Z, and it just frustrates me that people think that an inferior product is the end all be all of the franchise. I loved - and still love - Dragon Ball. When people call the movie the Dragon Ball Z movie, it makes me face-palm.

Piccolo is the villian in this. He's still evil Piccolo. Not just, vengeful-fued-with-Goku Piccolo, but I've been imprisoned for thousands of years/dark side of the elder Namekian Piccolo. This Piccolo only existed in the Dragon Ball continuity. So people that are bitching about Piccolo being the villian, or Piccolo looking wrong are just bitching because they don't know their basic frakkin' history when it comes ot this stuff.

That's all.

/thread.
ELRayford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-7-2008, 10:02 AM   #20
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
It is a Dragon Ball Z movie. They wouldn't adapt Dragon Ball on its own, it's simply not that popular of an anime. But DBZ, they'd love to adapt. The problem here is that Dragon Ball Z is a "sequel", so they have to set things up. So they'll do one movie that collapses all important elements of Dragon Ball into a single film, then they're able to adapt DBZ for film.

To be completely honest, I'd say the tone started shifting during Piccolo Damiao's appearance, and by the time Goku fought "Ma Junior", the tone was basically completely in line with what would come to be representative of Z.

And like I said, the end of Dragon Ball is more like Z than what preceded it. And this film is clearly more related to the end of Dragon Ball; notice lack of Pilaf, and I'd wager to guess that the majority of the movie will not be slapstick questing for Dragon Balls or silly training exercises. They're not making this film because they wanted to adapt Dragon Ball into live action; they're making this film because they wanted to adapt DBZ into live action.

Quote:
Piccolo is the villian in this. He's still evil Piccolo. Not just, vengeful-fued-with-Goku Piccolo, but I've been imprisoned for thousands of years/dark side of the elder Namekian Piccolo. This Piccolo only existed in the Dragon Ball continuity.
Are you talking about the differentiation between Piccolo Daimao and his offspring that went on to fight Goku at the end of Dragon Ball, then fight by his side throughout Z?

Since Dragon Ball is canon with Dragon Ball Z, I would say that Piccolo Daimao definitely existed in the DBZ continuity. He's referenced many times thoughout the anime (although the dub downplays this).

Oh, and by the way, Piccolo in Dragon Ball Z was a villain throughout his fight with Radditz, and kept evil intentions even as he trained Gohan for the fight against the Saiyans. His sacrifice for Gohan softened this hard edge a bit, and his fusion (read: absorption) of Nail cut it more. But it wasn't until he recombined with Kami that he stopped having evil intentions. The dub just downplays his darkness. The same thing can be seen with Vegeta to a more pronounced degree. In the dub, Vegeta seems to have become "good" by the time he is revived and lives on Earth. He's a mean guy, but he's good at that point. But the original Japanese anime has him being far rougher throughout, and I'm pretty sure that it's only when Cell kills Trunks that he cuts the evil ****.