Closed Thread

Old 01-1-2013, 05:46 PM   #81
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

Default Re: attn elitists

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
if some people want to continue pushing the limits and boundaries on charting, sure, let them do it.
go play vortex and robotomy please
Old 01-1-2013, 06:20 PM   #82
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
the irony of this thread
Old 01-1-2013, 06:40 PM   #83
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to FissionMailed1

the iironyy of this thread

YOUR THROBBING MULTIFARIOUS LUSTFUL DESIRES ARE COMPLETED N YOUR HYPER-ORANGE SELF, YOU MAKE ME LOVE AGAIN, YOU'VE CHANGED MY HEART, MY MELANCHOLIA DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE OF ME, MY HUMAN RAGE IS TEMPERED WHEN I AM INSIDE YOU, THE SECRET IS COMMUNICATION, LONGEVITY, STAMINA, REPETITION, FURY, SOULFUL KISSING, EARPLUGS. YOU FUCKING CORPORATE COCKS AND CUNTS.

MY ANXIETY COMPLETE, MY DESIRE REPLETE, THE TASTE OF ORANGE BLOOD AND CUM AND GREENBACKS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THE STREETS WILL RUN ORANGE WITH YOUR MIXTURE OF CHEETOS AND HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS REGURGITATED AND EATEN AND SHIT OUT AGAIN AND EATEN AGAIN.

YOU ARE MY SCULPTURE, MY SCULPTRA, MY SELF-DEFINITION. MY DEFINITION OF HUMANITY, MY HARMONY. MY HEART AND MY MIND.

YOU ARE SO ORANGE. SO CRUNCHY. SO CONSUMABLE.

THE NEW ORANGE UNDERGROUND IS THE ORANGE UP MY ASS. AND YOUR ASS.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
Old 01-1-2013, 06:42 PM   #84
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

I still think we should move towards a non-pack simfile releasing system but whatever
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Old 01-1-2013, 06:46 PM   #85
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

What is stopping you from posting single files?

YOUR THROBBING MULTIFARIOUS LUSTFUL DESIRES ARE COMPLETED N YOUR HYPER-ORANGE SELF, YOU MAKE ME LOVE AGAIN, YOU'VE CHANGED MY HEART, MY MELANCHOLIA DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE OF ME, MY HUMAN RAGE IS TEMPERED WHEN I AM INSIDE YOU, THE SECRET IS COMMUNICATION, LONGEVITY, STAMINA, REPETITION, FURY, SOULFUL KISSING, EARPLUGS. YOU FUCKING CORPORATE COCKS AND CUNTS.

MY ANXIETY COMPLETE, MY DESIRE REPLETE, THE TASTE OF ORANGE BLOOD AND CUM AND GREENBACKS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THE STREETS WILL RUN ORANGE WITH YOUR MIXTURE OF CHEETOS AND HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS REGURGITATED AND EATEN AND SHIT OUT AGAIN AND EATEN AGAIN.

YOU ARE MY SCULPTURE, MY SCULPTRA, MY SELF-DEFINITION. MY DEFINITION OF HUMANITY, MY HARMONY. MY HEART AND MY MIND.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
Old 01-1-2013, 06:51 PM   #86
FFR4EVA_00
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionMailed1 View Post
absolutely no infrastructure due to every single database being taken down
Old 01-1-2013, 06:52 PM   #87
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Nothing is stopping people technically. It's just that a lot of people who step files tend to release with packs because packs get way more attention/downloads. Thus a lot of people with finished works don't release stuff at random times, but wait for someone to start a pack (preferably a 'notable' one).

That, or no one starts stepping UNTIL a pack is brought into fruition (see: plenty of posts by people in x6)
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Old 01-1-2013, 06:52 PM   #88
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR4EVA_00 View Post
absolutely no infrastructure due to every single database being taken down
There isn't any infrastructure for packs either other than just being hosted on a file server.

Fair enough regarding how people wait for packs before they start stepping though. Thanks for clarifying.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.

Last edited by FissionMailed1; 01-1-2013 at 06:55 PM..
Old 01-1-2013, 06:56 PM   #89
FFR4EVA_00
FFR Player

Quote:
There isn't any infrastructure for packs either other than just being posted on a file server.
it's a lot easier to just make a thread or site with links to every half-decent pack out there because there aren't as many of them and they aren't made as often
wanna try making a list of all single release simfiles and keeping it up to date? good fucking luck
Old 01-1-2013, 07:04 PM   #90
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

nice thread
Old 01-1-2013, 07:07 PM   #91
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
it's a lot easier to just make a thread or site with links to every half-decent pack out there because there aren't as many of them and they aren't made as often
wanna try making a list of all single release simfiles and keeping it up to date? good fucking luck
Even pulling together all of the SM packs and putting them in one place is a massive pain, much less single release files. Everything is scattered everywhere, broken links galore, and barely anything gets updated as time goes on. Here is my current progress with this, and I still have over 100 packs in the uploading queue, hundreds of things to classify after, and I still have to find these packs I'm missing from r21freak.

I'll be in excess of 1,000 packs soon and I'll still have tons of work left. I can't even fathom the level of work that would be required to somehow find, upload, and index EVERY single release file ever. Moreover, putting any level of testing or quality control into the mix would make the amount of time you'd have to spend doing it all hilariously lengthy. No one would ever volunteer to take on such a task, and even if they did, they would never come close to completing it.

Last edited by foxfire667; 01-1-2013 at 07:20 PM..
Old 01-1-2013, 07:26 PM   #92
cetaka
Dark Chancellor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to cetaka

Quote:
I don't know if any of you noticed, but notecharting history in terms of its development is very much parallel to that of western music

"renaissance" period - in music, this is when people start to experiment with very basic ideas such as harmony and polyphony. music was really simple, consisting of only a couple of melody lines at most. in charting this like back in the days of hyrogashi fuckin notepad sim edit fuckin fuck

"baroque" period - here, music starts to make sense. some basic rules were established that allowed it to be very structured. here, we introduce basic concepts of proper sync and layering. first few ffr charts that were on sync fall in this category

"classical" period - some of the stuff in the baroque period was too complex, so classical composers made catchy tunes that would appeal more to the public. this is when people first started to think about what patterns would be the most fun, and very simple, technical charts were made. this is the era of rebirth and hi19. though kil and a couple others were already doing super insane stuff well beyond this time, which we consider the "classics"

"romantic" period - music starts to get complex. lots of chords and fancy rhythms, some pieces highly expressive, others highly technical. here is where we get our really really hard charts that are still actually legitimate. such as glove's files, reach's files, pretty much the era of odi

"modern" period - music starts to challenge the fundamentals. people start to try lots of crazy stuff to just try it and break away from standard procedures. music is pushed to its extremes, ranging anywhere from highly dissonant sounds, neo-classical, or even silence. this is equivalent to kil's newer stuff, my newer stuff, aaand I stopped following stepmania around this time

"postmodern" period - this is where we are now. most everything has already been done. people understand what makes a good chart, the same way how people nowadays understand what good music is. everyone is making music now, combining all sorts of techniques and fusions of styles from all over the world. people started to break away from the modernist music because it sounded to snobby and elitist. now we just need to focus on making fun charts with what we know. if some people want to continue pushing the limits and boundaries on charting, sure, let them do it. but for those who don't care about critical acclaim, let them do what they want, and you'll have a world chock full of fun music to listen to-er I mean charts to play
Actually I did notice that.

Old 01-1-2013, 09:59 PM   #93
moches
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
moches, I love you <3
Squee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
the problem with elitism during 2007-2009 is that the elite didn't share any information on how to step files and kept everything within their circlejerk of stepmans aka dark chancellas.

then nobody was makin files and people were leaving

then the elite started teaching people how to step files

now there are tons of excellent simfile artists. I don't think things are too bad right now.
Good point. Elitism can be a good tool in a limited capacity.

Quote:
i disagree
there are hardly that many simfile artists, and just about every single one doesn't even know the basics
you fucking make fun of people who think that files need to be on sync
First, define "basics". Second, is there any way that stepartists have gotten comparatively worse than they were in the past?
Old 01-1-2013, 10:04 PM   #94
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

lurker is just being a anti-stepmania dick

remember, he's the guy that pops in from time to time to say that stepmania is ded
Old 01-1-2013, 11:27 PM   #95
intensez
FFR Player

my favorite part about stepmania is where you tap arrows n $$
Old 01-1-2013, 11:51 PM   #96
HST
FFR Player

It's 2013. Do you know where your arrows are going? Text "IDGAF" to 57300 and find out!
Old 01-2-2013, 12:16 AM   #97
infinity.
sideways 8
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to infinity.

Quote:
I don't know if any of you noticed, but notecharting history in terms of its development is very much parallel to that of western music

"renaissance" period - in music, this is when people start to experiment with very basic ideas such as harmony and polyphony. music was really simple, consisting of only a couple of melody lines at most. in charting this like back in the days of hyrogashi fuckin notepad sim edit fuckin fuck

"baroque" period - here, music starts to make sense. some basic rules were established that allowed it to be very structured. here, we introduce basic concepts of proper sync and layering. first few ffr charts that were on sync fall in this category

"classical" period - some of the stuff in the baroque period was too complex, so classical composers made catchy tunes that would appeal more to the public. this is when people first started to think about what patterns would be the most fun, and very simple, technical charts were made. this is the era of rebirth and hi19. though kil and a couple others were already doing super insane stuff well beyond this time, which we consider the "classics"

"romantic" period - music starts to get complex. lots of chords and fancy rhythms, some pieces highly expressive, others highly technical. here is where we get our really really hard charts that are still actually legitimate. such as glove's files, reach's files, pretty much the era of odi

"modern" period - music starts to challenge the fundamentals. people start to try lots of crazy stuff to just try it and break away from standard procedures. music is pushed to its extremes, ranging anywhere from highly dissonant sounds, neo-classical, or even silence. this is equivalent to kil's newer stuff, my newer stuff, aaand I stopped following stepmania around this time

"postmodern" period - this is where we are now. most everything has already been done. people understand what makes a good chart, the same way how people nowadays understand what good music is. everyone is making music now, combining all sorts of techniques and fusions of styles from all over the world. people started to break away from the modernist music because it sounded to snobby and elitist. now we just need to focus on making fun charts with what we know. if some people want to continue pushing the limits and boundaries on charting, sure, let them do it. but for those who don't care about critical acclaim, let them do what they want, and you'll have a world chock full of fun music to listen to-er I mean charts to play
literally one of the least intelligent posts ever made

nerds

Last edited by bmah; 01-2-2013 at 01:55 AM.. Reason: it's up to stargroup to decide if he wants to post his facebook link
Old 01-2-2013, 01:53 AM   #98
( ゚д゚)彡
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

rip kbo
Old 01-2-2013, 02:16 AM   #99
massflavour
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to massflavour Send a message via MSN to massflavour

awesome post stargroup100 u el bomba!
Old 01-2-2013, 02:33 AM   #100