Old 12-21-2011, 02:56 PM   #21
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: The Perfect FFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 View Post
words
Makes sense to me. And just for lulz, how much superior is velo's engine? I don't play with it because it ruins my scores for some reason...

As far as metal, I can understand what you said. But even Then, really Wtf things get released, How can someone want rato or kono spoon on his/her ipod? No hate for the potential lovers of this stuff, but... I dont think thats a majority on here. But as far as the lenght, I agree. I hate the rock genre myself because of that.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #22
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Probably nothing I list would ever happen in a million years. Also anything I list is not aimed to start a big argument. This is what I feel would make FFR the best it could be and is my opinion alone; if anything happens to offend you I apologize.

-if ffr had beatmania songs, more songs from stepmania (best way i can put it without going into like 50 different artists)

-more difficult songs (like level 12's and non-joke level 13's) and used less jacks and bursts to make a file hard and rather actually put in challenging or fast patterns

-got rid of the rock genre, and made legacy files not count in the AAA/FC bar

-included the option to turn on marvelous timing but still count as a perfect as to not need a new grade (AAAA) but rather to make it easier to go for AAA's for people who come from stepmania

-less technical files, and more fun factor and generic files (when I say less I mean keep them coming they are fun in their own right but generic easy to read fun to play files are the best, files from 2006 are a testament to this statement)

-60fps could be nice

-Freeze arrows and Mines used legitimately fun and not HURRR I PUT IN FREEZES and MINES

-last but most important: good steps to amazing songs.

If all this happened it would be as close to perfect as I would like it to be xD
icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:37 PM   #23
Emithith
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld View Post
-got rid of the rock genre, and made legacy files not count in the AAA/FC bar
This. I would add it to my list, but I feel like I'm stealing if I do.
Rock genre is a good thing to have to draw people, but then again, I never really thought of FFR as a game to have these songs. It would seem it would just have dance and techno songs. lol

Legacy Files should be transferred to a new engine that would literally be named the Legacy Engine, and the Legacy Engine would be renamed to something else. I understand the nostalgia factor of them, but they are not up to date, and the fact that they are from the past is, imo, not a good enough reason to keep them in-game. They don't meet the standards of today. Submit any of the Legacy Files today and everyone would give you a --. Seriously.
Emithith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:43 PM   #24
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emithith View Post
They don't meet the standards of today.
A bunch of charts in game would get absolutely slaughtered by the "standards of today."

There's a lot more than the legacy genre in game that doesn't meet current standards. (Nova Pulsar, M.A.M.A. ect.)
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:48 PM   #25
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

+1 for removing legacy songs from the Ave. rank. I wouldn't mind a more Stepmania-like setup, as long as it canned combo based scoring.

TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #26
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
-more difficult songs (like level 12's and non-joke level 13's) and used less jacks and bursts to make a file hard and rather actually put in challenging or fast patterns
I submitted Rave7

300 bpm stream too hard for FFR
p.s. MAMA actually does kinda hold up to modern standards. People like it enough to vote it into the new Tier Point system haha, get owned

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:51 PM   #27
Emithith
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
A bunch of charts in game would get absolutely slaughtered by the "standards of today."

There's a lot more than the legacy genre in game that doesn't meet current standards. (Nova Pulsar, M.A.M.A. ect.)
It's odd that for such a professional site that at one point was wanted by Konami, that we would have such unprofessional files still sitting around. It's really not professional at all, and the fact that if you tried submitting those files today and get shot down and -1'd by the submission crew is absolutely scary.
Yes, I know that was back in 2009, you goof.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #28
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
People like it enough to vote it into the new Tier Point system haha, get owned
I highly doubt they like the chart for being what it is, rather than the challenge it presents. I even voted I think to put it in because it was difficult, not because the chart was fun or even remotely likable. I'm not going to speak for them and say they all dislike the chart, but I'm not gonna say anything was put there because it's a liked chart either. And if a chart was thrown in because it's just likable, then they should consider removing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emithith View Post
Yes, I know that was back in 2009, you goof.
I know but the point I was trying to say was that if we put all the legacy charts on a separate engine for that particular reason, we'd have to put a lot of other charts there as well. I'm All for getting them out of public ranks don't get me wrong at all, but to put them on a complete other engine needs a good reason. (Though it's not a bad idea legacy engine for the legacy songs is a clever idea.)
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:06 PM   #29
Emithith
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
I know but the point I was trying to say was that if we put all the legacy charts on a separate engine for that particular reason, we'd have to put a lot of other charts there as well. I'm All for getting them out of public ranks don't get me wrong at all, but to put them on a complete other engine needs a good reason. (Though it's not a bad idea legacy engine for the legacy songs is a clever idea.)
lol that quote was more directed at the deal with Konami part.
There are so many songs that need to get chucked it's not even funny.

M.A.M.A. is a fun chart and isn't horribly off sync like some of the older songs. I don't consider it a bad file, and it's actually funny when you first play it and find out it's only 3 fingers.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:38 PM   #30
nois-or-e
SponCon Aficionado
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nois-or-e Send a message via MSN to nois-or-e Send a message via Skype™ to nois-or-e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateandhatred View Post
Metal. Theres hardly any metal except one or two power metal songs.
Solution: Step some and submit it to the batches ;D
Old 12-21-2011, 05:13 PM   #31
star reaper
owning ffr since 08
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to star reaper

one thing that i would like is if we had an achievement bar. and not like tier points but you get regular points by doing certain things such as playing an mp match or posting 100 times submitting a song to ffr. things like that and you could have interesting ones that are harder to get like create your own background for your profile and an avatar for some points. than after getting these points you could add them to your profile page as titles to show off. it will give a sense of reward and a push into the community for allot of people who avoid this place like the plague and new comers and we could have titles on profiles for people who have achieved things like token whore for getting token 1-100 or token elite for getting all skill tokens. and i think it should be easily accessed to from your profile page so we can make sure new comers can find it.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:21 PM   #32
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

TS Achievements ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:23 PM   #33
xXAll-ProXx
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

don't give an eff about anything except the raw scoring thing, which i asked velo and he said it won't be changed so i gave up on suggestions
Old 12-21-2011, 07:23 PM   #34
00Razor00
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 00Razor00 Send a message via Skype™ to 00Razor00

Quote:
-if ffr had beatmania songs
hahahhahahahaha
ahhaahahaha
hahahahahah
aha
hah
ahahahahahahaha
hahahaha
haahahahahah
ahaha
ha
hahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahaha

no

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus
00Razor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:18 PM   #35
Poison-
Nope
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

The ability to make a playlist would be cool.
Poison- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:43 PM   #36
Emithith
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by star reaper View Post
one thing that i would like is if we had an achievement bar. and not like tier points but you get regular points by doing certain things such as playing an mp match or posting 100 times submitting a song to ffr. things like that and you could have interesting ones that are harder to get like create your own background for your profile and an avatar for some points. than after getting these points you could add them to your profile page as titles to show off. it will give a sense of reward and a push into the community for allot of people who avoid this place like the plague and new comers and we could have titles on profiles for people who have achieved things like token whore for getting token 1-100 or token elite for getting all skill tokens. and i think it should be easily accessed to from your profile page so we can make sure new comers can find it.
This would actually probably be a good idea. +1
I say this because it would give the new comers a sense of direction in what they can accomplish, and what they should aim for.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:08 PM   #37
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

+1 to star reapers idea and also +1 to the playlist idea, that'd be cool for stamina challenges.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:37 PM   #38
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

We've been throwing around the idea of achievements for a very long time. Adding another pile of code onto the already fail pile of fail isn't a good idea, so it's being integrated differently. (Thus taking a long time~)
Old 12-21-2011, 10:51 PM   #39
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Glad to hear about the idea being worked on!
Old 12-21-2011, 11:01 PM   #40
8 Hour Whore
←↓↑→ Lets Bang? ←↓↑→
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to 8 Hour Whore

I would like... a button... This button could only be pressed once... so be careful of when you push it.. The button does only one thing... Turns every single flag you have into a AAA.. I would be a very happy man.

Best AAA: Banned Forever
BlackFlags: 49
8 Hour Whore is offline   Reply With Quote