Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #21
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Legacy?

If they get removed, I QUIT! I worked endless hours to get them all and its dumb to remove them JUST because they're annoying and offbeat. Nuff Said
Old 04-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #22
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I vote move them to Token levelranks. So they're still there, but are seperate from modern simfiles.

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:30 PM   #23
Jerry DB
FFR, lift, repeat
FFR Veteran

it's as simple as it would be a huge slap in the face to so many players to take these out of level ranks. Some people worked hard to aaa these songs so just because some people can't aaa it doesn't mean the people who worked on them harder should suffer. If you just ignore them and get better at the game you can go back to them when you are better and aaa them, then you never have to worry about them again and you don't piss everyone off at the same time. Besides it is a unique skill to aaa off sync retarded pattern files or blue notes, if you work on that you will improve in the game overall as well.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:12 PM   #24
emulord
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

My vote: Keep them the way they are currently.
Reasoning is the same as everyone else's.
emulord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:21 PM   #25
Jake Ferguson
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Jake Ferguson

I think it's fine to leave them where they are, but then following that same line of logic, the token songs should count too because it's a "slap in the face" to those that spend a lot of time FCing and AAAing them just to have them not show up in the stat bars.

Jake Ferguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:13 PM   #26
[TeRa]
FFR Player

idk i find those 4s just as easy as any other 4s to aaa nowadays so how i see it, new players get turned away from the game from those files, i mean who really "likes" those files.. my gf just started playing .3 years ago and she hates the files with backgrounds and whatnot. i feel most people feel the same way aside from the ones that say they worked so hard (and if they stick around and continue playing, it'll be easy for them eventually too, the files really aren't that hard..).
Then there's tokens. Even I felt they were pointless a while back until i AAAd practically every fmo in the game and was struggling to get a single nother aaa.. my gf as well feels they're pointless because they don't show up on your profile. idc what you do with legacy, that's just my 2 cents, but i don't see why token fc/aaa bars haven't been added to profiles yet.

Last edited by [TeRa]; 04-24-2012 at 11:39 PM..
[TeRa] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:30 PM   #27
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MaxGhost

Can SSSG and 136.6 at least be removed? **** those.
MaxGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:19 AM   #28
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I don't care at all whether or not legacy files affect levelranks or any other stats, but taking the charts out of the game entirely would be a poor decision. Current and future players ought to be able to see the game's history without resorting to roundabout methods.
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:32 AM   #29
[TeRa]
FFR Player

what about reuploading the avmiss engine with all the old files and removing them from the current game and levelranks (or something like that)
???????

cause i kinda miss those days tbh
Old 04-25-2012, 12:35 AM   #30
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MaxGhost

How about having a poll on this issue on the front page, veterans only (to avoid alt accounts) to settle this once and for all. The community seems pretty split on this.
MaxGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #31
Mau5
FFR Player

I kinda like Tera's idea haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
It's great to see how the internet works, it's mask of anonymity bringing out the worst in people.
Mau5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #32
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Razor00 View Post
Legacy files are being removed from future engines, so no need to worry about them any time soon.
death to Starman/Zodiac/Sonata unlocks :/

Edit: Tera, I meant the one where you have to get 200 avs on Emotions (or wtf ever). Oh, also, Spinning With You. SDG FC Legendary Etude after RAT v2 with that troll ending, though...pressure much?!

Last edited by igotrhythm; 04-28-2012 at 08:29 PM..
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:20 PM   #33
[TeRa]
FFR Player

reqs can always be changed
starman, it's not like super mario 8bit is a unique file at all, it's just a 4th note every now and then, you could easily have the same req on another difficulty 1-2 file or w.e

not sure what you mean by zodiac, it isn't a legacy file

if you mean moonlight sonata to unlock tell, same case as mario IMO, really basic file that wouldn't really effect anything should the unlock req be changed to another really easy file.
or should you mean sonata quasi, rondo v1 is a horrible file anyway, rondo v2 isn't really that great either but it's certainly better. the req could be something like sdg rondo v2 twice, or even sdg rondo v2 and legandary etude or something, it really doesn't effect the game much, and what does playing rondo v1/v2 have to do with sonata quasi anyway, rondo is by mozart, quasi is by beethoven.

aaaanyway all i'm really trying to say is there's alternatives, this topic has and will keep coming up so long as these files remain. nobody really tries to solve the issue, just shoe us off saying it's history and such, just because i feel the files shouldn't effect the current ffr and levelranks, doesn't mean they shouldn't be playable still on some sort of legacy engine. the avmiss engine was completely ditched, some great players such as darkshark didn't even play once the avmiss glitch was fixed. the engine which was pretty damn historical to the site. i'd just like to debate the topic and come to a solution once and for all that most can agree on, idk.

what im suggesting is a legacy avmiss engine with seperate levelranks (or not i don't even care) with all the legacy files that were stepped with the avmiss glitch in mind in the first place.

Last edited by [TeRa]; 04-28-2012 at 08:38 PM..
Old 04-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #34
UserNameGoesHere
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to UserNameGoesHere

The solution is to leave things as-is. There is no problem as-is. The only "problem" I see is people who maybe didn't do as well as they'd like on Legacy files wanting to inflate their stats. Go practice those files then if they're such a problem, or just don't worry about it.

I mean do we need to have a separate stat bar for every genre? Do we need a separate stat bar for every engine? For every difficulty level? For every kind of chart?

Just leave it be. Simple.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UserNameGoesHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #35
[TeRa]
FFR Player

sigh you don't even see what im saying, those files ruin the quality of the current game, maybe new players would have more motivation to play every file in the game should these shitty files with backgrounds and notes that are completely offbeat/random didnt effect their stats or w.e. I'm not saying ditch the files too because it seems people really care about the history of the game, all im saying is have the historical engine with the historical files, i dont even care about a seperate levelranks, it's just a thought.

as for people who you claim should just go try harder on those files, helloooo i aaa'd them all and can aaa things like sssg 90% of the time i play it, it's not that they ruin my stats, it's that it drives new players away from the game. and how can you say there is no problem when this topic has come up a million times since avmiss glitch was fixed. and as i see it, the files were stepped with avmiss glitch in mind, so why not have them still on the avmiss engine. i can't say i wouldn't miss the files, i miss the avmiss engine, and would love to have it back.

also i feel they should be added to a legacy engine more because they don't even fit in at all with current files.

or am i really alone here in my thoughts and should just shut up.

Last edited by [TeRa]; 04-28-2012 at 08:45 PM..
Old 04-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #36
UserNameGoesHere
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to UserNameGoesHere

Okay, so you have AAA'd all the Legacy stuff then?

I guess I just don't see how it ruins the quality of the game having more stuff in it. It's like if you had a music CD and you didn't like some of the songs, it doesn't make the CD worse -- you can just skip the ones you don't like. On the other hand, taking stuff away can reduce the quality.

If you do have them all AAA'd then your reasoning isn't to inflate your stats and should be taken into account. I'm just not sure how feasible it is to have different engines running different songcharts, and how long both of them can be maintained, and if that's even a good idea.

So, can it (reasonably) be done? Should it be done? And what impact would it have (both positive and negative) if it were done? That is what needs to be asked.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UserNameGoesHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #37
[TeRa]
FFR Player

maintained? after it's added there's nothing more than needs to be done to it, no files would ever be added than the already existing legacy files, it's simply for historical purpose.

positive: the files aren't removed from the continuously progressing game, history is still viewable by the entire community, and you don't have to worry about a difficulty 4 on your levelranks when you can aaa 9s and 10s already.

negative: idk you have to change some token reqs and people that already aaa'd them get butthurt because they put time into something (which is why i'm for having levelranks on a avmiss engine, because this way you wouldn't have to whine about losing your aaa's you worked so hard for on these old files)
Old 04-28-2012, 08:58 PM   #38
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Oh, this argument again. I posted a thread about a year ago wanting them moved to token ranks, but over time I have changed my mind. FFR is unique in its level rank system because it shows how well your high scores compares to everyone who has ever played the song. A great number of people have played the legacy charts because they've been around the longest, and that's why they weigh down the ranks of those who haven't AAA'd them.

And sure, I would like a nice little boost to my ave. rank, BUT getting that boost by omitting charts thousands of people have whored before me just seems like cheating. They played them to improve their ranks, and we should too. Each time we play, we compare ourselves to everyone who played before us, and removing the chunk of our history is not the way to go.

Last edited by TheSaxRunner05; 04-28-2012 at 08:59 PM.. Reason: Spelling
TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #39
[TeRa]
FFR Player

i'm for you getting a rank boost, i shouldn't of had to whore a level 4 either. at least not with the current level 4s being completely different from that sort of level 4.
and i didn't say remove them, i said put them on a avmiss engine, which was more historical than the files themselves, but everyone seems to be fine with that huge chunk of ffr history missing. and i also suggested a levelranks for this avmiss engine should people not want to lose their "hard work", as you said, everyone has played them over the years, don't just take away our scores, move them to a more fitting ranking system for those files, they simply don't fit in with the files stepped nowadays.

also do you not think someone like colt.45 was hurt when avmiss glitch was fixed and her nova pulsar 7g aaa was made completely worthless? or people caprice scores and 100 bar black out 2g aaas and whatnot. I'm trying to go about this in a way where everybody wins.

Last edited by [TeRa]; 04-28-2012 at 09:22 PM..
Old 04-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #40
Mau5
FFR Player

They seem unprofessional, degrading to the representation of the rest of the game. Velo removed whimper wall because it was unprofessional from what i understand the thread about it said, but in my opinion legacy files are less professional than any song like whimper wall, haha.

In my opinion it's like Microsoft advertising Windows '95 in 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
It's great to see how the internet works, it's mask of anonymity bringing out the worst in people.
Mau5 is offline   Reply With Quote