Closed Thread

Old 05-2-2022, 10:41 PM   #961
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG 201: Game Showdown Throwdown (Excite11) - GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
I genuinely appreciate you as a person and as a player lol sorry I got frustrated with you. I literally called it after EoD0 though I said Xel is PR and probably vigi since you'd almost always choose vigi over cop. I thought you might shoot me n1 lmao
Solid snipe on lewdy
nah it was justified, you had to wrangle me in, it's all good
Old 05-2-2022, 10:44 PM   #962
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

All those months of waiting for the game just to have it end so quickly.
Impressive. Most impressive. Gg town.
Old 05-2-2022, 10:49 PM   #963
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

All that work to be completely wrong on my reads
Old 05-2-2022, 10:51 PM   #964
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
This is going to be the slowest game of TWG ever. I am calling it now. Be prepared mate.
Old 05-2-2022, 10:56 PM   #965
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
All that work to be completely wrong on my reads
You weren't wrong though? Your effort was just not directly proportionate to more accuracy. You were the most openly sus of Shadowgod D0. Then while the last wolf was kinda afk and already under pressure you pursued other leads.
Old 05-3-2022, 12:12 AM   #966
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

Feel like I owe y'all an apology. I'm sorry for making this game not as... Fun as it was supposed to be. I was socially burnt out and me brain shut down kinda like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Old 05-3-2022, 01:21 AM   #967
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

The minute DBP said he was ok lynching an inactive I knew he was wolf who didn't have the time to make a hard push. The only other game he was ok doing that he was wolf and pocketed me hard for it. Went back to disagreeing with the practice right afterwards.

Lewdy I should have figured out as soon as he said he wasn trying to be overbearing, but truthfully I sorta bought it so

Kinda thought Raeko coulda been a wolf d0

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 05-3-2022, 01:28 AM   #968
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Quote:
The minute DBP said he was ok lynching an inactive I knew he was wolf who didn't have the time to make a hard push. The only other game he was ok doing that he was wolf and pocketed me hard for it. Went back to disagreeing with the practice right afterwards.

Lewdy I should have figured out as soon as he said he wasn trying to be overbearing, but truthfully I sorta bought it so

fwiw i do think it is logically the best move to lynch inactives, it just "feels" wrong doing it in the moment

I hope this community starts taking this mindset seriously, because it is overall a good policy to have regarding inactive players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 05-3-2022, 01:52 AM   #969
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
wtf
Old 05-3-2022, 09:07 AM   #970
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Feel like I owe y'all an apology. I'm sorry for making this game not as... Fun as it was supposed to be. I was socially burnt out and me brain shut down kinda like this.

feel better dudey

and no apology necessary I think.

you only played d0 so I don't think it's fair to say you brought game down in any way. who knows, if you made it to d1 maybe you would've gained some motivation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 05-3-2022, 09:08 AM   #971
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I remember MML having a really strong opinion on lynching inactive. I don't remember which side he was on, but I remember eventually coming around to his opinion and using it as a policy
Quote:
@ MML

Im so sorry for forgetting but did you think lynching inactives was good or bad? I remember ultimately agreeing with you at some point, not that it's relevant right now but just curious
I thought you two had sorted this out already
Old 05-3-2022, 09:46 AM   #972
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
fwiw i do think it is logically the best move to lynch inactives, it just "feels" wrong doing it in the moment

I hope this community starts taking this mindset seriously, because it is overall a good policy to have regarding inactive players
I agree that whenever it's happening in real time there's always a feeling that you could be getting a more obvious scum hit, especially after you keep seeing inactives flip green over and over and over again. It's just at this point we have enough case studies to determine that

•Inactives past F5 only benefit wolves
•replacements always lag a phase or two behind and that benefits wolves

So yeah, hard agree. I just didn't think you sincerely reached that conclusion so when I saw it I just wrote you down as obvious scum, but maybe that's more coincidence then scumtell

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
I thought you two had sorted this out already
That second quote always gets me because lmao how you gonna remember I'm right but forget what side I'm on?

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 05-3-2022, 10:13 AM   #973
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:

That second quote always gets me because lmao how you gonna remember I'm right but forget what side I'm on?
haha it had just been a while since I played iirc, I remembered that it was a point of contention here and I ended up agreeing with you, but forgot what that meant exactly ^^;

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 05-3-2022, 10:16 AM   #974
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

im sorry for being a bummer this game, I was pretty upset with how certain things turned out but that's 100% a "me" thing and not something I should ever drag other ppl down with

I hate doing pity plays; I believed everything I said at the end there, but still shouldn't have mentioned them anyway

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 05-3-2022, 10:27 AM   #975
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

believe it or not I really don't like going for emotional manipulation in TWG, it feels dirty and below-the-belt

I never want IRL feelings to become a part of how I play TWG, whether it be my own, or ESPECIALLY other's

------------------------

With that out of the way, as much as that game sucked for wolves, the short game size and game length was a kind of nice chance of pace. For me personally, I dont have a lot of energy to spend for TWG anymore and even though it's fun, I don't want to be consumed by it for ~2 weeks like in the past.

I wonder if, in the future, we could mix up smaller and larger games for the main TWG series (godDAMN, still can't believe it's been over 200 games on this site). I know recruitment has been tight recently, which incentivizes smaller games even more. I think that keeping up momentum with smaller games could help rekindle interest in FFRTWG.

More Turbo games might be a good idea too--- it's definitely less stressful in a way, because a major deterrent for TWG games is the long-spanning time investment.

Live TWG would hit the perfect balance for my level of commitment at present---- I think it would be really cool to start that up again. Even if it meant recruiting others from adjacent communities. Or, having more casual Live games and atmosphere, such that we can have more accessible game nights and thus attract more people

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 05-3-2022, 01:43 PM   #976
star-crossed
FFR Player

I would try to make it to a live TWG, if somebody is willing to organize it. Turbos are not good for my personal style or schedule, but if it makes more games happen, I would not mind seeing more of them.
Old 05-4-2022, 03:41 PM   #977
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
im sorry for being a bummer this game, I was pretty upset with how certain things turned out but that's 100% a "me" thing and not something I should ever drag other ppl down with

I hate doing pity plays; I believed everything I said at the end there, but still shouldn't have mentioned them anyway
Quote:
believe it or not I really don't like going for emotional manipulation in TWG, it feels dirty and below-the-belt

I never want IRL feelings to become a part of how I play TWG, whether it be my own, or ESPECIALLY other's

------------------------

With that out of the way, as much as that game sucked for wolves, the short game size and game length was a kind of nice chance of pace. For me personally, I dont have a lot of energy to spend for TWG anymore and even though it's fun, I don't want to be consumed by it for ~2 weeks like in the past.

I wonder if, in the future, we could mix up smaller and larger games for the main TWG series (godDAMN, still can't believe it's been over 200 games on this site). I know recruitment has been tight recently, which incentivizes smaller games even more. I think that keeping up momentum with smaller games could help rekindle interest in FFRTWG.

More Turbo games might be a good idea too--- it's definitely less stressful in a way, because a major deterrent for TWG games is the long-spanning time investment.

Live TWG would hit the perfect balance for my level of commitment at present---- I think it would be really cool to start that up again. Even if it meant recruiting others from adjacent communities. Or, having more casual Live games and atmosphere, such that we can have more accessible game nights and thus attract more people
I was gonna wait for postgame to talk but idk if that's gonna happen.
I only speak for myself here but I don't think you brought the game down.
Waking up to the lewdy shot must've been a pretty devastating motivation killer. You played it off well in the opening of D1 but that kind of thing is crushing.
Specifically in this game, coming back from that would've required not only perfect day play (mislynches every day) like normal, but also hitting blues every night with either nk or poison til f3. And by killing anyone other than the apprentice town N2 (with either nk or poison) you end up clearing the N1 target of apprentice town if they chose friendly neighbor.

Also, without any claims D1, a vigi claim in D2+doctor save that night puts you in a hellish f3/ thunderdoming against the last non-clear.

The alternate is, without any claims D1, a vigi claim in D2 + friendly neighbor claim + living neighbored town is either lock if you missed all 3 with your poison, or again a hellish f3

The odds against you were huge at start of day. I feel like it would've been demotivating for anyone, and I can't blame you for your absence afterwards.

I shared my thoughts on your gameplay/meta in game and don't want to hash that again publicly so let me just end by saying I don't think you should put yourself down or blame yourself for bringing game down. You didn't. Xel just rocked ass as vigi and basically GAME OVERed the wolfteam in one shot.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 05-4-2022, 03:43 PM   #978
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

idk roundbox's plan for posting deadchat or wolfchat or making a postgame or announcing MVP or anything so I'ma just step out of line here and say

XEL MVP FTW

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-4-2022, 03:58 PM   #979
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
idk roundbox's plan for posting deadchat or wolfchat or making a postgame or announcing MVP or anything so I'ma just step out of line here and say

XEL MVP FTW
absolutely!!

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 05-4-2022, 03:58 PM   #980
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~