Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Introductions

Old 11-11-2011, 08:57 AM   #1
subin
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ] ~V2~

Please feel free to ask questions in this thread!
Below are a list of questions that are commonly asked, with their respective answers.

Pro-tip: Use Ctrl+F for a quick search

Content

1a) What is the name of the current menu-music song?
1b) What were the names of the previous menu-music songs?
2) What are credits, and how do I use them? Is there a limit?
3) Perfects? Goods and Averages? Misses and Boos?
4) I have heard of people talking about "streams", "crossovers", "sightread AAA" and other terms I am not familiar with.
5) Does FFR have 'Live' Multiplayer?
6) I can't find the right song to play - some are just too hard!
7) What are tokens/skill tokens, and how do I unlock them?
8) I can't find Token #18! [Vertex BETA vRofl]
9) What do all these characters, settings and little buttons do?
10) How are people ranked on FFR?
11) How can I get better at the game?
12) Why are some FFR songs heavily off-sync and blue?
13) What is the rhythmic value of each coloured arrow?
14) What is a standalone player? How can I access it?
15) What songs are easier to play on Mirror?
16) Where did the FFR simfile database go?
17) How do I make my own song on FFR?
18) Can you please add this song to FFR?
19) How do I add songs to the 'Favorites' genre?
20) How does the FFR scoring system work?
21) My keyboard doesn't register 3 or more notes at the same time!

FFR the Game

1a) What is the name of the current menu-music song?

The game's current menu music is "45", by SessileNomad.
This song is not in the game.

The official news post can be found here, along with 2nd and 3rd place submissions.

1b) What were the names of the previous menu-music songs?

The previous menu-music was "Emotions", by trance[]control.
You can find the song in the Legacy genre. You can also listen to it here.

Prior to this was the original menu music, that played a short, looped segment of "Activity Unbroken", by SGX.
You can find the song in the Legacy genre.
You can listen to the loop here.

2) What are credits, and how do I use them? Is there a limit?

Credits are a sort of in-game "currency" used in FFR. They are normally obtained in correlation with a registered player's overall score. Users can also increase their credit count by wagering credits in challenge play, participating in FFR events and tournaments, or by having them transferred from another user.

You can use them by:

1) Purchasing additional songs from the FFR Shop in the main menu. Prices can range between 3 to 5 digit figures. Once bought, your purchased songs can be found in the 'Purchased' genre and will be ready for you to play.

2) Discovering 'secret' songs. You may have realised that your 'Secret' Genre is empty, or some songs in it may have disappeared. The song availability depends on your current tally, so if a wager, purchase or transfer puts your tally below the indicated number, you will lose that song until you can build the necessary amount of credits back up. The list of secret and purchased songs and their respective prices/current tally, can be found in this thread.

3) Transferring credits to another registered member on FFR. In the FFR Shop, enter the name of the member you wish to send credits to, along with the amount of credits.
Make sure you spell the user's name correctly and do not attempt to transfer more credits than you currently have, or send credits to yourself.

Also, the maximum number of credits you can save on one account is 8,388,607 credits.

Code:
8,388,607 = (2^23) - 1

The number is associated with the database cell storage - 3kb, which totals 24 characters.

3) Perfects? Goods and Averages? Misses and Boos?

Every key press during game play will yield a result:

PERFECT = An arrow was hit it at exactly the right moment (FFR's best accuracy rating).
GOOD = An arrow was hit slightly off its timing, but was still accurate.
AVERAGE = An arrow was hit early, barely considered accurate.
MISS = An arrow passed through the stationary marker at the top of the play field, a complete miss.
BOO = Given when a player presses a directional key while an arrow is not at the stationary marker.

Perfects and Goods add to your score and life bar (performance meter) while Misses and Boos subtract from them. Averages will neither increase nor decrease the life bar. Perfects, Goods and Averages also increase a player's current combo of successive hits by one. A Miss resets the combo counter to zero while a Boo does not affect the current combo.

4) I have heard of people talking about "streams", "crossovers", "sightread AAA" and other terms I am not familiar with.

You can find information about these terms in The Official FFR PICTURE Dictionary.

5) Does FFR have 'Live' Multiplayer?

We do. Please make sure to read the 'FFR Multiplayer: Complete Guide and Rules' before entering the multiplayer lobby.

6) I can't find the right song to play - some are just too hard!

Check out the In-game Song Information thread. It should contain everything you need to know about song difficulties, max combos, BPM, number of notes and much more.

7) What are tokens/skill tokens, and how do I unlock them?

Tokens are small circular icons that, once found, will unlock a new FFR song.
Skill tokens are tokens that require you to play FFR the Game and set particular scores on specific songs - this will also unlock a new FFR song.

Token information can be found here.
Skill token information can be found here.
If you want to discuss token-related issues, requirements, or methods on how to unlock skill tokens, you can do so in The Token Thread ~V2~

Once unlocked, you will be able to find them in their respective "token" and "skill" genres.
Please do NOT post ANYWHERE on FFR, hints or any information on how to find tokens.

8) I can't find Token #18! [Vertex BETA vRofl]

Unlike the other Tokens (up to Token #29 - 25/5/08), it is not a token where it can be just simply found and added to your collection.
There are three ways that users can earn this coveted token:

1) Place in the top 8 of any skill division in an Official FFR Tournament.
2) Earn 1,000,000,000 (1 billion) grand total score in 24 hours, before the 12am server time (server clock is in the banner of the site), since that is when the daily stats reset. If you qualify, post here.
3) Earn a lifetime grand total score of 50,000,000,000 (50 billion).

The step file was created for a one-day (April fools - as implied in the title) release on April 1, 2007, and hasn't been made publicly available since that day.

9) What do all these characters, settings and little buttons do?

After loading FFR the Game, you will see a page which looks similar to this:

There are multiple features available to you. These are not limited to the following:

Quality:
By clicking on this icon, you can toggle the quality settings of the game. If you experience runtime issues such as lag while running FFR, we recommend you to run the game on low quality.

Songs [Dropdown Menu]:
This feature enables a user to select a song without the need for searching through the FFR Song Wheel. You may also choose to "Random Select" a song according to the difficulty range of your choice.

Mute:
By clicking on this icon, you can mute or un-mute the game menu-music. When it is muted, the bar will be displayed in red.
This will NOT mute any songs you decide to play.

This is where you may change your in-game scroll direction (the direction of the arrows).

1. Multiplayer scroll:
This signifies that the game is in Real-time Multiplayer Mode. Currently, there are only two scroll options available in multiplayer; the up scroll (default) and reverse scroll.

2. Left scroll:
Selecting this option will make all arrows scroll from the right side of the screen horizontally toward the left.

3. Right scroll:
Selecting this option will make all arrows scroll from the left side of the screen horizontally toward the right.

4. Reverse scroll:
Selecting this option will make all arrows scroll from the top of the screen vertically toward the bottom.

5. Up scroll (Default):
This scrolling option is used automatically if a different scroll method is not selected.
Selecting this option will make all arrows scroll from the bottom of the screen vertically to the top.

6. Diagonal scroll:
A unique scroll method that has the arrows scrolling from the top corners of the screen to the opposite bottom corners in a diagonal pattern.

Along the bottom of the menu screen are a row of rectangles that represent individual FFR "characters".
Selecting a character will NOT impact game play. They will only react to your game play results on the song results screen.

To de-select a character:
1) Click on this link.
2) Scroll through the websites in the Website Storage Settings Panel, and locate FFR.
3) Click "Delete Website", then confirm.

The following image is accessed by clicking the "Settings" option.
Press "Settings" again to hide it.

There are a number of options you will need to understand listed in the "Settings" option.

Speed:
This modifies the rate at which the arrows scroll during game play. The default setting is set to 1. By setting the speed to 1.5, the arrows' scroll rate will be 1.5 times faster than the default scroll rate, and so forth. Click "set speed" when you are happy with your scroll rate.

IMPORTANT: At first, increasing the rate may not seem like an advantage, as the arrows are spaced further apart. However, this gives players a chance to focus on the incoming patterns rather than taking in all the information of patterns that are still yet to come.
This has been a major factor in improving in-game performance.
Find one that works for you!

Mirror:
By turning mirror ON, this will make all song chart patterns mirror itself:

Right becomes Left; Left becomes Right
Up becomes Down; Down becomes Up

The default setting is "Off".

Effect:
This modifies the way in which the arrows will scroll, usually adding more difficulty to the game. The default setting is "Off".

Dizzy: Arrows will scroll up rotated 180 degrees. This means that the left arrows will scroll up facing the right, up arrows will scroll up facing down, etc. You are still required to hit them as left and up arrows.

Tornado: Arrows will veer left then right in a 'tornado-like' fashion.

Mini: Reduces the size of the arrows, making it harder to match the arrows in line with the stationary area.

Appearance:

This modifies the view of the arrows as they scroll, usually adding more difficulty to the game. The default setting is "visible".

Hidden: The scrolling arrows will fade-out from view halfway towards the stationary arrows.

Sudden: The scrolling arrows will fade-into view when they are halfway towards the stationary arrows.

Stealth: The scrolling arrows will be completely invisible, making the player rely on memory/muscle-memory to remember where all the arrows in the level are located.

Blink: The scrolling arrows will flash in and out of view as they make their way towards the stationary arrows.

Dark:
Off: The default option. Does not activate any of the dark modifications.
On: By selecting this option, the stationary arrows will have an appearance like this:

This is used to lower the chances for you to hit a Perfect arrow. It is not a physical alteration, but more to the side of a user not being able to recognise the exact position of the stationary arrows.

Offset
This modifies the number of frames earlier or later you would like the arrows to arrive. The default setting is set to 0. This is used for players who wish to sync the arrows with the music, for songs that have not been 100% aligned with the audio. It can also be used for anti-skill token requirements or events (ones that require you to hit things other than "Perfects".

If you want the arrows to come up 10 frames later, you will enter 10.
If you want the arrows to come up 10 frames earlier, you will enter -10.

Autofail:
This will trigger an instant fail when the set values have been attained.
The default setting is all fields set to 0.

By entering values into the various rating fields, you can trigger the game to automatically fail the song at your set values. This can be useful for AAA or FC practice (setting to 0-1-1-1-1 and 0-0-0-0-1 respectively), or for skill token requirements.

Key Configuration:
This feature will enable to use almost any part of your keyboard to play FFR. By clicking the space beside a given direction command, a small red text will appear beneath it, reading Press a key:

You may then press a key for your designated arrow to suit your style.

Masking and MP Masking
This feature will allow you to hide your combo, or your accuracy, or both elements during your gameplay. It is used to clear distractions. The default setting is "Off".

Likewise, MP Masking will act in the same way, but in multiplayer mode.

10) How are people ranked on FFR?

There are currently 3 different ranking systems on FFR.

IMPORTANT: Remember to refresh the page to update your ranks!

Overall FFR Rank:
Your overall FFR rank is determined by your grand total score, your lifetime score accumulation on FFR. It is a less accurate depiction of skill, and a more accurate depiction of player activity and number of games played.

You can view the top 1000 overall FFR player ranks here.

Average Rank:
Your average rank is determined by taking the average/mean of the ranks of every song you have played or haven't played. New files are being added into the game all the time (one reason why the average rank is not the most accurate ranking system), and some players have not played every song in the game.

Your level ranks can be found here. Your average rank will be shown at the very bottom.

If you are a veteran, FFR enables you to view other player's average ranks. If not, you can see rounded-up average ranks on other player's FFR profiles.

Eg.

Tier Points:
Your tier points are determined by your ability to earn points through accomplishing difficult song requirements. You can find your tier point stats page here. Perhaps the most accurate skill-related ranking system, it only applies for more accomplished players who are able to score 1 or more tier point/s.

Please visit the Completely Revised Official Tier Point System for more information.

Regional Ranking: This is not a different ranking system.
The regional ranks is just a distribution of the top 10 players of each region placed accordingly to their average rank. The regional leaderboard consists of the top 10 average ranking users in each region.
You can find the regional leaderboard here.

11) How can I get better at the game?

It is important that you are playing at your highest potential by equipping yourself with the correct speed modifications and playing styles.

Click here for tips on how to get better at FFR.

12) Why are some FFR songs heavily off-sync and blue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
The bluenote/synth songs are a number of older songs from the earliest days of the site, where the files were actually made basically in notepad with some frame timings on them. As a result, they're pretty wildly offsync, and as they predate the period where notes were coloured based on their timing, are blue noteskinned throughout.
Sometimes referred to as the Blue Note Syndrome (BNS), these files depict the earliest files on FFR. They have been kept at their original state for nostalgic and historic reasons.
They will NOT be removed, re-stepped, re-synced or fixed from its current state.

Additionally, the earliest form of creating stepfiles on FFR was using a keystroke recorder, where you have to tap the keys in sync with the music. This would have obviously been inaccurate and heavily off-sync. The next earliest forms of creating stepfiles had to be created in notepad, or the songs had to have static BPM ratio, which in many cases, the songs were not.

These songs are stored in the Legacy Genre.

13) What is the rhythmic value of each coloured arrow?

You will understand what "rhythmic value" indicates if you have a basic understanding of music. In short, the 4th note acts as a crotchet and an 8th note acts as a quaver.

Rhythmic values:

Red - 4th note
Blue - 8th note
Purple - 12th note
Yellow - 16th note
Pink - 24th note
Orange - 32nd note
Light blue - 48th note
Green - 64th note
White - 192nd

White notes generally represent a free rhythmic value. Choice of arrow colours are occasionally chosen for appearance (such as the song 'Counting Snow', where the entire chart has been stepped using white notes).

14) What is a standalone player? How can I access it?

At this current time, many users have chosen standalone players over the regular FFR the Game engine, for it often reduces the effects of lag. These are engines that are run the game through flash players. Not all of these engines will record your scores to the FFR Server; find out which engines do and do not record scores before you play.

For a list of some available engines, follow the prompts outlined in the FFR Standalone! thread.

15) What songs are easier to play on Mirror?

This really depends on the player's strengths and weaknesses. For a player's guide for mirroring songs that are level 10 (Very Challenging) and beyond, click here.

16) Where did the FFR simfile database go?

The FFR simfile database was disabled on November 13th, 2010, due to copyright reasons. The news post can be found here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by November 13th News Post
Removals
- The Simfile Database has been disabled and will not be brought back at any time in the future. We don’t have the time nor patience to deal with a huge DMCA liability. We are considering bringing it online in the future so that users can access their own files for archival.

17) How do I make my own song on FFR?

The process of making your own file on FFR is known as "stepfiling", or sometimes "stepcharting". In addition, songs that you wish to step may not already have permission - if not, it is of ABSOLUTE importance that you provide proof of permission from the artist of the song you wish to step. Stepping a song also requires a fundamental knowledge of music-rhythm games, and assumes that you have a basic understanding of their mechanics.

A comprehensive guide to stepping can be located here.
You can find the copyright and permission guideline here.

Please check the threads/stickies in the FFR Songs/Permissions Subforum for details on file submissions, blanket permissions and other important updates.

18) Can you please add this song to FFR?

In many instances, the answer to this question will be a 'no', due to copyright and permission issues. If the song that you want is not restricted by any laws, but you are unable to make the song yourself, you can request a member/s of the community to add the song into the game. If you wish to make the file yourself, please read the "How do I make my own song on FFR?" sub-heading in this thread.

You can find the copyright and permission guideline here.

19) How do I add songs to the 'Favorites' genre?

You can add songs to this genre by clicking the symbol beside the song you wish to add (It may look different in other engines, but the principle will be the same). To un-select your favorited song, click the icon that appears either next to the song name in your regular genres, or in your 'Favorites' genre.

At the moment, there is no limit to how many songs you can store in this genre.

20) How does the FFR scoring system work?

There are two main types of scoring in FFR: Raw Scoring and Combo Scoring.

The lower grey box is your raw score. The upper grey box is what affects your raw score.
The lower orange box is your combo score. The upper orange box shows your combo, which acts as the biggest factor in your combo score.

For a complete and concise deconstruction of the scoring systems, refer to Dossar's concise FFR scoring guide.

21) My keyboard doesn't register 3 or more notes at the same time!

Keyboards are designed with circuity that groups sets of keys into a matrix, of which when pressed simultaneously will cause them to not register. In FFR, songs can have up to 4 keys being played at once. Be sure to work with a key set-up that can hit all 4 notes simultaneously; You can easily test this by opening a word document and pressing your 4 desired keys.

To change your key set-up, refer to Question 9), under the sub-heading "Key Configuration".

Last edited by HammyMcSquirrel; 02-1-2012 at 12:12 AM..
subin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:57 AM   #2
subin
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ] ~V2~

Content

1) I am new - Why can't I post or make my own thread?
2) What are custom titles? How can I customise my own?
3) I am new to the game and the forums. How can I fit into the FFR community?
4) What do the different colours found in usernames represent?
5) How do I type in fancy font colours, insert media, and organise information in my posts/threads?
6) I've got a great idea - where can I submit it?
7) How do I become an FFR Veteran? What are the benefits?
8) I want to change my username and merge my accounts.

FFR Forum

1) I am new - Why can't I post or make my own thread?

New users have to wait at least 24 hours from the time of their account's registration and acquire a positive grand total score in FFR the Game before being able to post or make a thread. If you continue to see the following message, please contact one of the administrators (preferably Sprite-, Zageron or Velocity) by sending them a private message:

Quote:
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
This restriction was implemented to stop bots from posting and creating new threads in the FFR Forums.

2) What are custom titles? How can I customise my own?

A 'Custom Title' is a short quote underneath one's username, that is NOT written in bold.
Unless you are an FFR Veteran, FFR R1 Music Producer or an FFR R1 Simfile Author, you cannot customise your own. Otherwise, you will have "FFR Player" written underneath your username.

When you are given the privilege to own a custom title, please do NOT make your custom title anything that the system generates automatically.

This includes, but is not limited to:

Site Admin
Super Moderator
Chat Mod
Profile Mod
FFR R1 Simfile Author
FFR R1 Music Producer
FFR Legend
Multiplayer Mod
Banned

3) I am new to the game and the forums. How can I fit into the FFR community?

Here are a few guidelines:

1) Read the FFR Sitewide Rules and understand them. Remember to type coherently, and not like this:

Quote:
ple@S3 D0 NOt 5PE@k liKe +HI5 or in some other fancy writing.
2) Participate in forum discussions, the game and FFR events. Make yourself known to the community in a positive way. A good attitude will take you a long way.

3) Respect other members of the site.

If you are new, say hello here!
If you want to be called by name, write your name here!

4) What do the different colours found in usernames represent?

The colours hold different statuses in the community.

Red = Site Administrator
Dark Green = Super Moderator
Green = Other Moderators
Gray = Legend Members
Orange = FFR R1 Simfile Authors and FFR R1 Music Producers
Blue = FFR Veterans
Dark Blue = Regular Members

Do NOT ask to become a moderator.

5) How do I type in fancy font colours, insert media, and organise information in my posts/threads?

The language used in the forums is known as BBCode. It allows you to format the objects in your post for visual effect or organisation of information.

Basic codes:

The ones bordered by the green box represent links/media codes. However, you will need to acquire the image code yourself from an image-hosting site, such as ImageShack, Photobucket, TinyPic, or any other valid image hosting sites.

Embed a youtube video:

Every youtube video ends in something similar to watch?v=vS_foc_NxI0. Copy only the characters after the v=, then place it between the youtube brackets:

Organisational tools:

The spoiler looks like this:
{Enter Text}
{Enter Text}

The code looks like this (if you have lots of information, there will be a scroll bar):
Code:
{Enter Text}
The quote looks like this:
Quote:
{Enter Text}
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username
{Enter Text}

6) I've got a great idea - where can I submit it?

Suggestions to improve the site are always more than welcome. Who knows, it could be a major FFR breakthrough!
The FFR Bugreport & Suggestions forum is the place to post your ideas.

Do NOT post your suggestions into FFR General Talk, Chit Chat, or any other part/s of the forum.

If you are an FFR veteran, you are eligible to submit your ideas into the Veteran Forum.

7) How do I become an FFR Veteran? What are the benefits?

An FFR Veteran is a member who have kept their account for 3.00 years and has achieved a grand total of 3,000,000,000 or more.

Benefits of becoming an FFR Veteran include:

* Early song releases
* Beta level reader
* Credit transaction history
* Ability to view other's level ranks
* Veteran forum
* Top average player's list
* Blue name
* Private messaging limit of up to 25 people
* Token level ranks

8) I want to change my username and merge my accounts.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change your username, or to merge your forum posts and game-play statistics with your alternative accounts.
Administrators do have the power to change your username, however, this has only ever been done under exceptional circumstances. Asking will NOT warrant you a name change.

If you would like a different username, be mindful of your new username and create a new FFR account.

Common reasons for a name change:

- It does not reflect their personal attributes
- The username contains numbers, or special characters
- Difficult to spell
- Capital/lower-case letters

Therefore:

- Remember that you will be keeping your username for as long as you stay on the site
- If numbers are not your thing, stay away from them
- Think about your username, the way it is spelled and pronounced
- Be careful of your letter choices and their cases

* User-names define your presence here. Choose your name with care. *

Last edited by subin; 02-19-2012 at 07:25 PM..
subin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

yo i edited ur 2do list, get on that kthx
Old 12-30-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
Chadwiticker
FFR Player

what is the +/- thing after each song while in the game? and also would a rank of 0 on a song weigh more than a rank of 1 or would a 0 be considered higher than a 1?
Chadwiticker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #5
00Razor00
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 00Razor00 Send a message via Skype™ to 00Razor00

The +/- thing next to each song in the game, is for adding or removing a certain song to the Favorites genre. A genre used for storing your favorite songs in the game.

Ranking 0 over 1 isn't necessarily a good thing. This means either the score became unrecorded when you finished, or it means you've never played the song before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus
00Razor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:00 AM   #6
Chadwiticker
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Razor00 View Post
Ranking 0 over 1 isn't necessarily a good thing. This means either the score became unrecorded when you finished, or it means you've never played the song before.
He said above that if you AAA a song your first time ever attempting the song you will get a rank of 0 rather than 1, I was wondering if that weighed heavier than a 1 when it comes to something such as average rank
Chadwiticker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-3-2012, 10:16 PM   #7
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by subin View Post
1) I am new - Why can't I make my own thread?

After your first post in a thread, you should be able to create a thread within the hour. If not, contact one of the administrators (preferably Sprite-, Zageron or Velocity) by sending them a private message.
Letting you know that posting restrictions for new users have been changed. New users have to wait at least 24 hours from the time of their account's registration before they will be able to post or make a thread.
HammyMcSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-3-2012, 10:19 PM   #8
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I think "received" in that SS needs a spell check

Other than that I'm extremely impressed subin! Nice work! (:
iironiic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-3-2012, 11:59 PM   #9
supermousie
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to supermousie

FFR the Game- part 2, section 3 needs a fix up.

Gr9 work, Subin.
supermousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-4-2012, 03:08 AM   #10
nois-or-e
SponCon Aficionado
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nois-or-e Send a message via MSN to nois-or-e Send a message via Skype™ to nois-or-e

If you want subin, PM me when you've updated so I can update the announcement in the newb forum ;D
Old 01-4-2012, 12:31 PM   #11
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! Just to clarify your post, does this mean that new users can create a thread without having any prior post history, as long as the 24 hour restriction has been reached? Does this also mean that new users won't be able to make a single post within the 24 hours of registration? If so, what happens when they press "quick reply" within the 24 hours
There's an automatic check on the 13th minute of each hour. (No significance to the minute choice.) As soon as your account age reaches a day, you'll be able to post and make threads at the next 13th minute. That's all that is needed.

Before your account age reaches a day, you will be unable to post by all means. Hitting "New Thread" or "Quote" or "Post Reply" etc. will give you the following error message:
Quote:
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
What happens is that when you make a new account, you are put into the Registered Users usergroup. This usergroup has no posting privileges. When your account reaches a day in age, it gets moved into the FFR Players usergroup, which has the default posting privileges.
HammyMcSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-5-2012, 05:27 AM   #12
nois-or-e
SponCon Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to nois-or-e Send a message via MSN to nois-or-e Send a message via Skype™ to nois-or-e

Quote:
Sent you a PM. Also, I realised that you don't have the FFR Forum FAQ in the announcement. Perhaps it would be better to put the forum FAQ in there instead, or perhaps both, or even a new announcement splitting the forums and the game?
Taken care of. Just let me know via PM whenever you want me to update the announcements, regardless of how frequent. It is only a 2 second fix to do it and never a hassle ;D
Old 01-5-2012, 04:33 PM   #13
Bobogoobo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Just want to make sure since I remember seeing different things - are multiple accounts allowed? I want to learn to play two-handed and I'd prefer to make a new account to keep everything separate (although I'm sure it'll be annoying to be switching back and forth :P). And if so, are there any special considerations I need to keep in mind?

Also, just a minor thing to point out - the FAQ has difficulty 13 listed as "?" instead of FSO.
Bobogoobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2012, 04:50 AM   #14
letschat6
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to letschat6
Smile Re: Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ] ~V2~

I've noticed a glitch on the game lately. When you first open the game and try to click "Dance", it doesn't let you. In order to select "Dance", you have to go up one and back (or down one and back).

I also noticed this problem doesn't exist in the "Velocity Engine" version.

Could this possibly be fixed? Just wondering
letschat6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2012, 10:05 AM   #15
letschat6
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to letschat6

Quote:
For any glitches or issues you have with the game, report them in this forum, or this thread.

Regarding the issue, does it happen in the Legacy engine as well? You may want to post it in the above thread - I'm sure there are many others who have experienced this minor issue as well. The more details you provide, the better it will be.
Thank you, I'll definetly post it there! Thanks
letschat6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #16
sspeckless
Destroyer of Worlds
FFR Veteran

can someone explain how i AAA'd a song, but it didn't register and also said my best was 535475 but the FFR best was 536300?? I was playing Dr. Wily Theme V2 and i know i AAA'd it, cause on the results screen it said 311 P and nothing else. i even saved a screenshot!

Last edited by sspeckless; 03-18-2012 at 09:17 PM.. Reason: more info
sspeckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:21 PM   #17
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspeckless View Post
can someone explain how i AAA'd a song, but it didn't register and also said my best was 535475 but the FFR best was 536300??
Can you please be a bit more specific? What song were you playing?

In any case, basing off what you've said, if the best score achievable is 536000, that means you didn't AAA the song since 535475 is a lower score.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #18
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

Your best is simply the best score you've gotten under that name.

FFR best is the best score across the entire site. In all but the most extreme cases, this score is the highest possible, or AAA (a term borrowed from Dance Dance Revolution).
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:56 AM   #19
ShadowAmnesia
FFR Player

Hm, I have a question... When are you awarded the Veteran status? I've heard some people say 3 billion score, but some people have it when they have less score than that... some people said 3 years on the site, with a grandtotal of at least 1 billion, but I've seen people with less time on here than me, but more score... Anyone know the true answer?
ShadowAmnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #20
hi19hi19
lol happy

3 Billion grand total, 3 years membership since you joined.
People with less than that are probably alt accounts of someone who does have the requirements. To get that kind of exception you just have to get an admin to add the status manually.

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote