Old 09-23-2007, 10:36 AM   #21
fido123
FFR Player

Default Re: Vista vs. XP

I'm sick of people saying Vista sucks. Vista does not suck it just has really high requirements. The only reason why people think it sucks is because they only used it on computers with low RAM and CPU. There are bugs but thats obviously going to happen with anything new. This happens EVERY time a new OS version comes out. If you have a computer with a Duel Processor and at least 2GB of RAM I would get it only if I'm not going to be using a program that is also very intensive on your computer.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:38 AM   #22
DN_Catastrophic
Cata_X
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
I'm sick of people saying Vista sucks. Vista does not suck it just has really high requirements. The only reason why people think it sucks is because they only used it on computers with low RAM and CPU. There are bugs but thats obviously going to happen with anything new. This happens EVERY time a new OS version comes out. If you have a computer with a Duel Processor and at least 2GB of RAM I would get it only if I'm not going to be using a program that is also very intensive on your computer.

Only reason people say Vista sucks is because it lags FFR like crazy...happens to me to...
DN_Catastrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:39 AM   #23
SnS
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
They had 2 friggen years of beta testing. Who do you think likes to have their operating system take 500 megabytes of RAM, no matter if you have 2 GBs or 4 GBs or whatever. Light-weight operating systems are always preferred.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:40 AM   #24
spinal_compression
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
You're right.

But 70% of my computer use is with FFR and if FFR doesn't properly run with Vista then I will be biased against it.

P.S. I have a 2.0GHz processor and 2GB of RAM with an ATI Radeon x1650 PRO in and it still lags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
oh. japanese song... lets put the american flag on that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
I do accept sexual favors as bribes.
spinal_compression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:42 AM   #25
SnS
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

By the way, there is a form of Linux (Ubuntu / Beryl) that looks much better than Vista, and it only takes about 320 MB RAM at most. Microsoft is crazy.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:52 AM   #26
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DN_Catastrophic View Post
Only reason people say Vista sucks is because it lags FFR like crazy...happens to me to...
Your computer doesn't meet the requirements for Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS View Post
They had 2 friggen years of beta testing. Who do you think likes to have their operating system take 500 megabytes of RAM, no matter if you have 2 GBs or 4 GBs or whatever. Light-weight operating systems are always preferred.
Vista was made with the intention of it lasting 4 years or so. 2GB and a Duel Processor are soon going to be standard and considered (light weight). As computers develop it's always nice to have updated and better features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS View Post
By the way, there is a form of Linux (Ubuntu / Beryl) that looks much better than Vista, and it only takes about 320 MB RAM at most. Microsoft is crazy.
Looks don't mean anything. Windows is better for office work but I do agree that there are many Linux based OS's that are superior OS's is many aspects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinal_compression View Post
P.S. I have a 2.0GHz processor and 2GB of RAM with an ATI Radeon x1650 PRO in and it still lags.
Could it be your internet connection? Maybe reformat or it could be Vista just requires more to stably run FFR.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:06 PM   #27
gabgabo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to gabgabo

You should switch to Vista when you're sure there's no more bugs.
gabgabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:11 AM   #28
FrenzyMidget
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FrenzyMidget Send a message via MSN to FrenzyMidget

The fact is that Vista has been released way too early, as the requirements have a much bigger jump compared to XP. Also, wiping out all the XP copies as many ways as possible to promote Vista and force people to get better computers / upgrades in order for it to run properly. Good job to Microsoft for their Vista market and forcing people to buy a better computer, but for those who can only afford what is considered a bad PC today, it sucks. All in all, Vista should be updated eventually and become a stable OS AND not ask you three times to delete a file lol, but it was a mistake of taking XP away from stores so soon in my opinion.

FrenzyMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:16 AM   #29
_Ether_
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to _Ether_ Send a message via MSN to _Ether_ Send a message via Yahoo to _Ether_

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenzyMidget View Post
But all of this is off this guy's topic. As of now I'm pretty sure more people have sent in complaints about Vista causing them lag issues or flash errors,etc than problems directly related to XP(see Doug31 and freakysnots' entries for examples). Also, he never posted his comp specs so that could be a good idea because he might need to upgrade his machine if he goes with Vista(so that other non FFR related activities go smoothly).
Yeah sorry about that but i have 1.5 GB of Ram and my vista still lags to hell

EDIT: And its a brand new Laptop
_Ether_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:59 PM   #30
f lee
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Ack, I just can't believe I'm playing in the tournament with a vista. I guess I'll just urge my parents to fix this xp and try to survive round 3 and 4.
f lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:10 PM   #31
StepmaniaGod6969
3 Fingers
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to StepmaniaGod6969

xp

StepmaniaGod6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:48 PM   #32
Pyroshock
ε=-dΦ/dt
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to Pyroshock

FFR doesn't play correctly (speed ups + slow downs) in Vista when speeds mods are on, despite what specs you have.

It could be Vista's fault, Adobe's fault, or even Synth's fault. I can't comment on this part because I haven't played any other Flash games on Vista, but I'm willing to bet Adobe simply hasn't gotten Flash just right yet for Vista.
Pyroshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:27 AM   #33
lxDestinyxl
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lxDestinyxl

XP all the way
Old 09-25-2007, 01:50 PM   #34
argo15
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I Have Vista. It ****ing sucks. I retired from FFR because it sucks so much. I can't AAA free space. End of thread.
argo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:55 PM   #35
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by argo15 View Post
I Have Vista. It ****ing sucks. I retired from FFR because it sucks so much. I can't AAA free space. End of thread.
Get A COMPUTER THAT CAN HANDLE F*CKING VISTA or use XP.

END OF THREAD
Old 09-25-2007, 03:39 PM   #36
cool110
FFR Player

duel boot xp and vista
Old 09-25-2007, 03:42 PM   #37
fido123
FFR Player

I'm duel boot XP and Unbuntu...just like to brag about my Unbuntu which I never use but is better than my XP =p