Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-3-2010, 12:51 AM   #21
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Election Day.

1/3 of senate seats and all seats in the house I think. Plus a bunch of governor jobs
Rebirth0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-3-2010, 01:08 AM   #22
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz

There's something about that magical time in election years where rich white sociopaths bleeding money get all over TV and lie out their ears about what they've done, what's going on, or what they'll do that just makes me all giddy.

And by giddy I mean it makes me want to strangle infants. Finally the damn democratic wankery is over for another two years. Once again there has been a predictable shift in one of the houses and once again it will amount to absolutely no change in anything.
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
All_That_Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-3-2010, 01:13 AM   #23
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Sounds exciting.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-3-2010, 01:15 AM   #24
virus003
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to virus003

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotKritic View Post
Republicans have officially taken the House.
helll yeaaaaaaaaaaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangomango View Post
Meg Whitman basically just wasted $140 million of her own money. Ouch.
damnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUioX View Post
too hard and too long.. the rest of it was easy though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundb0x View Post
i still have photos of my dad dickfeeding me when i was like 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
stop back seat modding its annoying
virus003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-3-2010, 02:46 AM   #25
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz View Post
Once again there has been a predictable shift in one of the houses and once again it will amount to absolutely no change in anything.
This.

I bet if the Republicans were voted in last time, people would absolutely hate them by now and would end up voting Democrats instead. The situation is just vice versa right now. I don't think anyone could've dredged the country out of the economic crisis and satisfy a majority at the same time. Let the idiocy continue.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-3-2010, 05:11 AM   #26
OrganisM
FFR Player

Yes, you're all so glorious in your convictions, and as you have shown, you are far above that petty sport called politics. Sit on the sidelines, make generalizations, esoteric references, and witless jokes disguised as criticism, and enjoy the view from your lofty perches.

In the meantime, I'll be getting things done.

I come from a place where you die for the chance to even speak your mind about your government. Here you can be represented if you choose. But hey, you're a typical demographic. We've got you narrowed down, and we're going to appeal to you with constant advertisement, and then on election day you'll probably be one of those retarded douches with the audacity to ask "uhh.. so, do I need to register?" look in your 30lb pile of "VOTE ON THIS DAY PLEASE" placards and you might find something..

Originally Posted by jewpinthethird[link]:
"If you get stung by enough bees you turn into a bee,
because the venom gets into the blood stream which
spreads bee DNA throughout your entire body...
changing your genetic structure into a bee's.

Every year roughly 125 people in America are turned into bees this way."

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:
"Do you basically bukkake-paint your walls every time you jack it?"

Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz[link]:
"My pity-sex depreciates at a rate of 5% annually."
OrganisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-3-2010, 05:20 AM   #27
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patashu View Post
vote for the dissolution of the united states of america
or maybe we can just go play pretend in the backyard with sticks for a while, we might just get something accomplished before they do!

Btw, if you ask me, I could run this country far better than they could. By the time I'm 35, the world is going to be eating out of the palm of my hand, just you watch.
bender5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-3-2010, 06:32 AM   #28
sumzup
(+ (- (/ (* 1 2) 3) 4) 5)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to sumzup Send a message via MSN to sumzup

Democrats really suck at PR. If they could have actually conveyed what they've done (economic reform, healthcare reform, tax cuts for middle class, etc.) properly, they might not have suffered such a huge defeat. Unfortunately, the GOP/Fox is masterful at fear-mongering and spin.

Also, it's a damn shame that Feingold and Grayson were defeated. Feingold was one of the only guys to vote against the PATRIOT act (wiretapping) and in general was one of the better defenders of the Constitution. Grayson actually had guts, especially with his speeches for healthcare reform. I still can't believe Feingold was replaced by a guy who doesn't even believe in evolution and spent $8 million of his wife's money to get elected.

At least the situation is such that the any insane legislation the Republicans try to pass will be blocked. Maybe they will stop being the "Party of No" and actually try and work with the Democrats, for once. Their unprecedented use of the filibuster in the Senate these past 2 years is mind-boggling...let's hope they stop the BS and try for bipartisanship (as Obama has been trying to do all along, might I add).
Old 11-3-2010, 06:55 AM   #29
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

being the president of the US hasn't been about running the country better for a long time now
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-3-2010, 07:39 AM   #30
welsh_girl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to welsh_girl Send a message via MSN to welsh_girl

Can you vote for that "rent is too damn high" guy? He's awesome.
welsh_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-3-2010, 11:29 AM   #31
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

rip prop 19

At least it provided irrefutable evidence that people care about legalization.
Old 11-3-2010, 11:30 AM   #32
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganisM View Post
Yes, you're all so glorious in your convictions, and as you have shown, you are far above that petty sport called politics. Sit on the sidelines, make generalizations, esoteric references, and witless jokes disguised as criticism, and enjoy the view from your lofty perches.

In the meantime, I'll be getting things done.

I come from a place where you die for the chance to even speak your mind about your government. Here you can be represented if you choose. But hey, you're a typical demographic. We've got you narrowed down, and we're going to appeal to you with constant advertisement, and then on election day you'll probably be one of those retarded douches with the audacity to ask "uhh.. so, do I need to register?" look in your 30lb pile of "VOTE ON THIS DAY PLEASE" placards and you might find something..
None of my criticism changes the fact that I love my country and I treasure the opportunity to vote. I simply despise that politics has overridden any real attempt at governance. I despise that the two parties are virtually identical. That's all.
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
All_That_Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-3-2010, 11:55 AM   #33
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I instantly lose respect for any candidate that doesn't know the Constitution inside and out and doesn't believe in evolution and/or operates under the premise of "God's plan."
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-3-2010, 12:01 PM   #34
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Why can't these supporters put all this money to a cause that isn't always full of bull ****ting pieces of crap?

Like education. THINK OF THE CHILDREN.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-3-2010, 12:16 PM   #35
OrganisM
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz View Post
None of my criticism changes the fact that I love my country and I treasure the opportunity to vote. I simply despise that politics has overridden any real attempt at governance. I despise that the two parties are virtually identical. That's all.
If you think the two parties are virtually identical, I'm sorry, but I can't help you there. OFA is grassroots, and we fight for the middle class and all those ****ed over by the powerful companies and Republican candidates they've bought. We fight with positivity and honest work. The Republicans are wholesale obstructionists bought and paid for by various industries. And they have the Tea Party. Sorry, Democrats are nothing like Republicans. It would seem that way to somebody who is uneducated on the matter, but to anybody who truly pays attention instead of tossing about lofty diatribes about how the system is ****ed and they're all assholes (VERY original btw, never heard it, except for from conspiracy theorists who live in their moms' apartment at age 45 and think that there's an evil secret masonic society working in cahoots with the communist vegan alien negro-Eskimo communist fascists to turn the world into a giant Baskin Robbins).

Instead of bitching because you are too far removed from the actual process to see any results, get in the trenches and fight for something, and you'll find that your results mean something. Last night I was at Harry Reid's victory party. I was most certainly a part of keeping him in, and quite appropriately, the party was at a ballroom in Aria, part of City Center, a project that brought thousands of jobs to the Vegas area and would not have been there without Reid. I can list so many tangible results of things that I've done. But apathy and pessimism is en vogue now, along with conservative punditry, esoteric pseudo-philosophies, and magical penis-extending pills. Seriously, folks, grow up. Where I was born, you talk you get ****ing broken. Here, you get to be represented if you work for it. NO EXCUSES. Don't like your rep? TOO BAD. You didn't get it done. No sympathy from me.

Originally Posted by jewpinthethird[link]:
"If you get stung by enough bees you turn into a bee,
because the venom gets into the blood stream which
spreads bee DNA throughout your entire body...
changing your genetic structure into a bee's.

Every year roughly 125 people in America are turned into bees this way."

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:
"Do you basically bukkake-paint your walls every time you jack it?"

Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz[link]:
"My pity-sex depreciates at a rate of 5% annually."
OrganisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-3-2010, 12:38 PM   #36
Iam90
FFR Player

but the political process IS largely self contained and vacuous now - the legislature is stalled by outdated mechanisms like filibuster and inactivity is the best campaign tool - and given that congress is always campaign, it's almost always inactive. the parties are virtually identical in that neither really does anything besides electioneering

and no, i'm not going to get in the trenches and do something about it - i'm not a ****ing politician dude, most of us aren't cut out for that kind of work.

anyway, it's a real ****ing shame that feingold is gone. he was one of the real "progressives" of congress - for full marriage equality, voted against the patriot act, did almost the impossible (worked across party lines to limit soft money contributions via feingold-mccain act), etc.
Iam90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-3-2010, 01:09 PM   #37
Charlo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam90 View Post
but the political process IS largely self contained and vacuous now - the legislature is stalled by outdated mechanisms like filibuster and inactivity is the best campaign tool - and given that congress is always campaign, it's almost always inactive. the parties are virtually identical in that neither really does anything besides electioneering

and no, i'm not going to get in the trenches and do something about it - i'm not a ****ing politician dude, most of us aren't cut out for that kind of work.

anyway, it's a real ****ing shame that feingold is gone. he was one of the real "progressives" of congress - for full marriage equality, voted against the patriot act, did almost the impossible (worked across party lines to limit soft money contributions via feingold-mccain act), etc.
I agree with you, especially about Feingold. I didn't agree with everything he did, but I admired how independent-minded he was. It would be cool if more politicians were so eager to cross party lines, but instead, we have a system where one is able to predict with almost absolute certainty whether certain bills will pass just by looking at the number of democrats vs. republicans.

Overall, I think that it's fair to give the republicans a few years to try to fix things up, since the dems didn't do a great job of it. In two years there will probably be a huge backlash against republicans, just like there was two years ago when Obama was elected.

I make metal files for keyboard players! Check them out at:
Charlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-3-2010, 01:15 PM   #38
Iam90
FFR Player

the problem is that a certain policy direction needs TIME to work - i wouldn't like to see certain steps made during the dem occupation of congress be undone by republicans in their time, essentially nullifying progress in either direction
Iam90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-3-2010, 01:42 PM   #39
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganisM View Post
If you think the two parties are virtually identical, I'm sorry, but I can't help you there. OFA is grassroots, and we fight for the middle class and all those ****ed over by the powerful companies and Republican candidates they've bought. We fight with positivity and honest work. The Republicans are wholesale obstructionists bought and paid for by various industries. And they have the Tea Party. Sorry, Democrats are nothing like Republicans. It would seem that way to somebody who is uneducated on the matter, but to anybody who truly pays attention instead of tossing about lofty diatribes about how the system is ****ed and they're all assholes (VERY original btw, never heard it, except for from conspiracy theorists who live in their moms' apartment at age 45 and think that there's an evil secret masonic society working in cahoots with the communist vegan alien negro-Eskimo communist fascists to turn the world into a giant Baskin Robbins).
I don't feel like he ever claimed they were the same or similar. He claimed that they both don't get anything done that matters to him. In which case it doesn't matter who is in power.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-3-2010, 02:25 PM   #40
sumzup
(+ (- (/ (* 1 2) 3) 4) 5)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to sumzup Send a message via MSN to sumzup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam90 View Post
the problem is that a certain policy direction needs TIME to work - i wouldn't like to see certain steps made during the dem occupation of congress be undone by republicans in their time, essentially nullifying progress in either direction
I think the Democrats will be able to block anything the Republicans try to repeal, and barring that, Obama will be able to issue vetoes that can't be overthrown (Republicans cannot get a 2/3 majority to block a veto).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I don't feel like he ever claimed they were the same or similar. He claimed that they both don't get anything done that matters to him. In which case it doesn't matter who is in power.
I'm not sure what matters to him, then. The Democrats have passed important healthcare legislation, economic reform, lowered taxes for the middle class, prevented an economic catastrophe, the unemployment rate is stabilizing and will hopefully drop soon...meanwhile, the Republicans have tried to block every legislative measure the Democrats have tried. Obama tries to be bipartisan, and the GOP spits in his face.

Also, this is a great site to find out what else Obama has done so far.