Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #41
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Default Re: Songs of the Week (September 15, 2012)

Bodies In The House Next Door
Musician: The Flashbulb
Step Artist: mi40
Song Genre: Misc
Difficulty: 14
Song Length: 1:17

Good chart, but hilariously misrated

Excessive Sex
Musician: Vospi
Step Artist: Wayward Vagabond
Song Genre: Dance 2
Difficulty: 60
Song Length: 1:58

Excessively sexy. Did enjoy

In Flux (5 Note Piano Prelude)
Musician: Nick Perrin
Step Artist: MarioNintendo
Song Genre: Classical
Difficulty: 61
Song Length: 2:47

I don't love you anymore

MASCARADA
Musician: G5 Project
Step Artist: SKG_Scintill
Song Genre: Dance 2
Difficulty: 46
Song Length: 1:51

This was orgasmic. More please.

Scars Left By Time
Musician: Bitrayal
Step Artist: Silvuh
Song Genre: Arcade
Difficulty: 62
Song Length: 1:57

lol why

super mario bros theme (original NES is awesome)* [veteran song: will be released to the public in 1 week]
Musician: songstowearpantsto
Step Artist: YOSHl
Song Genre: Arcade
Difficulty: 69
Song Length: 1:11

GET OUT

Will add my thoughts as I finish them

Scorecard TLDR:

1 Orgasm
1 Sexy
1. "Nice"
1 "I don't love you anymore"
1 lol why
1 GET OUT

Last edited by Xx{Midnight}xX; 09-15-2012 at 09:02 PM..
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #42
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Hey middie it says you don't love me and, after that, you give this rating to scintill, I think he doesn't deserve the hate.

ps if you don't love me anymore wait until xanthystrauma.

that post was edgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #43
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
Hey middie it says you don't love me and, after that, you give this rating to scintill, I think he doesn't deserve the hate.

ps if you don't love me anymore wait until xanthystrauma.

that post was edgy
Xanthystrauma <3
Intersect Thunderbolt <3

Please release next week, would love long time if you did
Old 09-15-2012, 11:51 PM   #44
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Just a thought but

shouldn't mascarada be in rock and not dance 2?
Old 09-16-2012, 12:48 AM   #45
woker-X
.... :.. .:. ::
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Bodies In The House Next Door - I'm sorry but I didn't like this at all... bursts in an easy chart was a very bad idea

Excessive Sex - fun file.

In Flux (5 Note Piano Prelude) - I loved this since I judge it... and I love it more now (because you took my notes in consideration... that made me feel like a good judge lol).

MASCARADA - I thought this was a bmah file lol... but great job, it's an awesome file.

Scars Left By Time - I hated it on my first run, but I kept playing it (going for the AAA) and I started to like it more and more.

super mario bros theme (original NES is awesome) - the file is not that bad... but it needs frame fixes asap.
woker-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:05 AM   #46
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Hey guys! thanks for all the hate on the file, i really appreciate it.

Quick note: The file was submitted to the hard songs batch, purpousefully overstepped to fit the "hard songs batch". I have no idea why it took so long to get this out, and why if it got in from the hard songs batch, that it wasn't used in like, the tournament or something to replace certain other song selections and such.

I really also appreciated the incredible hate that i've recieved, and Have Been Receiving, from Middie especially, seeing as he literally can't offer any constructive criticism. You say you're blunt? Well you don't have to be a shithole about it. Being blunt is getting to the point, with something like "that was very overstepped. you should have toned down (a) and (b)". Being a shithole is "your chart is shit, stop stepping".

my 2c: certain elitist FFRers bringing down FFR. Thanks for all the hate guys <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:23 AM   #47
00Razor00
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 00Razor00 Send a message via Skype™ to 00Razor00

middie

elitist

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahaahhahahuheuhuhoeoahaoaeoaoeahoojaskd;fk

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus
00Razor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:57 AM   #48
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOSHl View Post
I really also appreciated the incredible hate that i've recieved, and Have Been Receiving, from Middie especially, seeing as he literally can't offer any constructive criticism. You say you're blunt? Well you don't have to be a shithole about it. Being blunt is getting to the point, with something like "that was very overstepped. you should have toned down (a) and (b)". Being a shithole is "your chart is shit, stop stepping".
I have said it countless times

so let me say it again

I don't post anything about other than how I feel about a chart because I do not have it open in a step editor in front of me to analyze properly. It's impossible to be constructive without the actual chart in front of me where I can manipulate the speed of the audio to check things and to analyze

I refuse to comment beyond personal thoughts unless you give me the chart, it'd be utterly ****ing foolish to say anything beyond "patterns sucked" ect or a feeling about the chart.

The reason I feel comfortable saying the patterns suck is from a player's point of view. Not a stepper. This is why I suspect my opinions come off as uninformed. I specifically won't go into details unless I can back it up with a time stamp that is precise. Also know I understand it's a subjective art. It's assumed that you're going to take my opinion and do what you want with it. I do not think I am more accurate or right than anyone else.

Also if you cannot take someone bashing on your chart, that's really rather sad. The purpose of this thread is for the everyday user to comment on the chart. I posted my comments as such. Yeah it's abrasive, and that sucks for the stepper sometimes, deal with it. Do with it what you will, be that ignoring it, or dwelling on that maybe something could have been different. No chart is ever perfect. It's meant to display an uncensored thought of my impression of the chart. It wasn't fun, it was engaging, it seemed synced alright (can't tell due to no dreamstudio open ect) And it's flow is pretty garbage in terms of a player point of view if you asked me. That's what I can say without the chart in front of me. It's very lacking in details on purpose because I'd rather be vauge than be utterly ****ing wrong.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:38 AM   #49
MikeShinoda12345
*\(^o^)/*
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
I have said it countless times

so let me say it again
think about what you just typed for a moment.

I like you more than most, but if you can't take people criticizing your "feedback" on their files, then that's sad as well.

I've just seen too many essay-length posts from you about how what you write is just being honest and "uncensored". If you keep posting like this, you're gonna keep receiving such responses, and the problem isn't with them. You're the one picking the fights, you're the one involved in every single flame war over a stepfile.

You've stepped before, and you know how time-consuming it can be. And this is time spent to expand the song pool for players of the community, providing them with levels they'll hopefully find engaging. And whether or not the steppers are releasing material you enjoy, at least you can be respectful of that. Without "censoring" your opinion, you can tone down the abrasiveness you know will get you in another bullshit fight that'll solve nothing. And you don't need to have a damn step editor in front of you to be constructive. You can share your opinion in a way that can provide thoughtful feedback to the stepper, not trolling them and putting them on the defensive. And it's not so ****ing hard. Really.

Why do you even bother critiquing these files anymore, with your diminished credibility? There's a reason why yoshl singled you out for the ones to bash on his chart.

Or maybe, I don't know, you just like to waste your time defending yourself from the anger you incite. But think of the rest of the community, dammit. This game is our place as well as yours, and you've no right to shit your own frustrations onto the files and forums we share.
MikeShinoda12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:59 AM   #50
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I like Mario
Wayward Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #51
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I have an itchy bulge on my leg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #52
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 View Post
super mario bros theme (original NES is awesome) - song sucks, chart sucks, yoshl sucks.
oh and this shit doesn't help at all either lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #53
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeShinoda12345 View Post
think about what you just typed for a moment.

I like you more than most, but if you can't take people criticizing your "feedback" on their files, then that's sad as well.

I've just seen too many essay-length posts from you about how what you write is just being honest and "uncensored". If you keep posting like this, you're gonna keep receiving such responses, and the problem isn't with them. You're the one picking the fights, you're the one involved in every single flame war over a stepfile.

You've stepped before, and you know how time-consuming it can be. And this is time spent to expand the song pool for players of the community, providing them with levels they'll hopefully find engaging. And whether or not the steppers are releasing material you enjoy, at least you can be respectful of that. Without "censoring" your opinion, you can tone down the abrasiveness you know will get you in another bullshit fight that'll solve nothing. And you don't need to have a damn step editor in front of you to be constructive. You can share your opinion in a way that can provide thoughtful feedback to the stepper, not trolling them and putting them on the defensive. And it's not so ****ing hard. Really.

Why do you even bother critiquing these files anymore, with your diminished credibility? There's a reason why yoshl singled you out for the ones to bash on his chart.

Or maybe, I don't know, you just like to waste your time defending yourself from the anger you incite. But think of the rest of the community, dammit. This game is our place as well as yours, and you've no right to shit your own frustrations onto the files and forums we share.
Well said. Seriously.

Also, now knowing that this was in the hard songs batch, I understand now. Thanks for clarifying Chris.
iironiic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #54
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

You know, was sort of expecting something to be stirred up in here, and oh my.

Look, I'll just add what I said when I posted in here. The Mario brothers chart is not entirely bad. It's just that when it reaches the area where it's playing the star power, the jump transitions are awkward and I have to force my hands to do movements I don't really feel comfortable with. This is the main reason why I don't like the chart.

The intro, underground part, and ending were all nice and dandy, but I felt the star man area was a bit too much on how the steps were made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:43 PM   #55
megamon88
aka Assertive
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

ffr is srs bsns

P.S. going to play the songs now