Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2021, 08:48 AM   #1
badman7772
It happens for a reason.
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default badman7772's Post-OT Wild Card Tournament

Welcome to badman7772's Post-OT Wild Card Tournament!

Before you sign up, please for the love of pie read this entire post to the point where you understand what you're signing up for before signing up.

Anyways!

In this tournament: Under normal circumstances you would play an assigned song each round, and whoever has the most raw total would win. However, this tournament will work differently.

Instead, I will assign a difficulty (possibly a range) and you will pick ANY song that meets any difficulty selected, regardless of note count or length. Your score will be based off of your "raw good" count and the LOWEST raw good total at the end of the tournament will be the winner.

This will be a cumulative tournament, and there will be no eliminations, so everyone that plays will play in every round.

To play in this tournament, you must have at least 500 games played with at least 100 unique songs passed. Exceptions can be made for this on a case by case basis.

If there are enough credit donations: There will also be an additional (optional) task to do to earn more credits. Every task would be on FFR and no other games are required.

There will likely be 8 divisions. We will know the real answer to this before the tournament starts.

Each round will be 4 days long, number of rounds will be determined based on participation.

Late scores can be accepted with a 12 hour grace period. Anything later than that will result in 2 raw goods added to your original score for each day late (up to 8 raw goods). An exception can be made upon request on host's discretion.

Failure to submit any score for the late round on the following round (unless communicated) will result in you being removed from the tournament. This means not submitting for two consecutive rounds and failing to submit for the prior round late during the current one.

Click here for Spreadsheet!

Last but not least, there may be some other surprises along the way.

This event will start on September 15th, 2021, and registration will be closed at the start of Round 2.

PS. Don't cheat and what not. I'm sure you know what happens.

Current Pot: 4,216,969~ credits

Donations~

Velocity: 1,000,000

Psycast: 756,969
FlynnMac: 696,969
Cryolien: 211,114
BigHayden1: 187,655
Skayles: 143,232

Zlyice: 100,000
The_Popo: 100,000

Ultimate Mike7: 77,001
CallMeMessyy: 69,000
Deathserpent2: 58,719
diddleysquin: 50,000
csoup1414: 50,000
jh05013: 45,678
NotSpiralingEnough: 44,444
HBar: 42,069
dixiecup17: 35,000
Snupeh: 30,657
sonic10110: 12,345
Rukairi: 11,111
Kawaii025: 10,000
hanbei: 10,000
Lights: 9,999.5 (don't ask how lmao)

And just like every other time I host a tournament: If you donate at least 10,000 credits, you get to customize your name using any font/color/BG color that Google Sheets allows.

Disclaimer: I do not plan to use any Event Staff powers for this tournament. Credits do come out of my pocket and is ran on donations as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
I'm gonna put this in the OP at some point today.

Obviously I'm gonna place you in your rightful division, with some level variance similar to the OT. You may ask to be placed higher or lower than where you would be placed. If lower, you will only receive a prize for participating, and for sponcons/bonuses if any.

In addition, to support players that may wanna play on an alt account for any reason, you may signup up to ONE alt account in addition to your main account. If you do, that account will not qualify for any sponcons/bonuses (if any) and will only be eligible for a participation prize.

Only one account per person can get credits for sponcons/bonuses.
Update: There will be a bonus for each round. Rules for bonuses are as follows.

-One account per person can submit for bonus.
-You must be in the tournament to submit.
-Bonuses are 100% optional and do not impact your status in the main event.
-If you are dropped from the tournament due to not submitting, you will no longer be eligible to submit for bonuses, and you forfeit all credit prizes earned from bonuses.

Round 1

D1: 15
D2: 24
D3: 43
D4: 58
D5: 70
D6: 82
D7: 90

Bonus 1: Let's Break the Ice

Play (and pass) your favorite song that you can play on FFR's engine. This can be anything on FFR the Game, an alt engine (FFRMania, Dragon's Fury, etc.) or even any song/file that you can load on FFR's April Fool's engine. Also describe why you chose this song/file, and add some background to it to make it more meaningful.

Reward: 2,000 credits

Bonus 2: EXTRA STAGE!!
-Pass any song with the assigned difficulty of the division below yours using the opposite scroll direction of what you normally play (D1 will use same difficulty). This means downscroll players will play upscroll and vise versa. You must save a replay of this score and post the link of said replay for your submission.

Reward: 3,000 credits for submission. Lowest raw good count in each division will win 4,000 credits instead.

Registration is still open until the end of Round 1. If you sign up and you would be placed in D8, then you'll simply do D7 on 1.15x rate the entire tournament while competing with D7 players.

I will continue to do 2 bonuses per round as long the "E" thread on FFR's Discord Server is still alive, so please spam stuff in there. The thread dies if 1 hour goes by without a post. There will also be a special surprise if the thread lasts throughout the entire tournament.

Have fun! It should be easy enough this round.

This Round ends on Wednesday, September 15th at 11:59 PM EST.

Round 2

D1: 21
D2: 30
D3: 51
D4: 64
D5: 76
D6: 86
D7: 92

Bonus 1: In Loving Memory of Shiki
-Queue up all public songs by musical artist "Shiki" and submit a screenshot of your completion in Shiki's memory.

"To the beat of our hearts, we will do the dance of love."

{"items":[264,250,712,311,1789,226],"name":"In Loving Memory of Shiki."}

Bonus 2: We Were Always Sightreading

-Play any song using your division's assigned difficulty for the round using Random and Scramble mods and submit a passing score.

Reward: 2,000 credits for submission. Each AAA or lowest raw good count in each division will win 2,000 more credits.

Most of you will have things turned up quite a bit. It won't get any easier, or at least it's not supposed to.

This Round ends on Sunday, September 19th at 11:59 PM EST.

Round 3

D1: 31
D2: 40
D3: 58
D4: 69
D5: 79
D6: 89
D7: 95

Bonus 1: Nightcore Fever

Pass your favorite song on FFR that has vocals and on any rate from 1.2 and 1.3. Only screenshots required, but I'll definitely listen to how you had your song to see if I like it.

Bonus 2: What Did I Just Drink?

Play a song with your assigned difficulty, but may have a variance of up to 4. (example: D7 would play from 91-99) with the following mods turned on.

-Hidden
-At least 1 Rotating mod
-Wave
-Drunk
-Tornado
-Reactive Tapping
-Random
-Scramble
-Shuffle
-Reverse

Lowest Raw Good count from each division will get double the reward.

This Round ends on Thursday, September 23rd at 11:59 PM EST.

Round 4

D1: 38-39
D2: 44-45
D3: 62-63
D4: 73-74
D5: 82-83
D6: 91-92
D7: 96-97

(These are simply ranges and only one submission required for either or.)

Bonus 1: I've Been Boo'd Perfectly
-Submit a passing score on any song where your perfect count is as close as possible to your boo count.

Reward: 2,000 credits for submission. Top 5 highest perfect = boo count with no variance (not divisional) will get 2,000 more credits. (There can be variance in submission, but I'm only counting as many perfects as you had boo's.)

Bonus 2: Let's See Who REALLY Doesn't Belong!

Complete each of the following tasks.

-Submit a passing score for any assigned difficulty of the division above yours. (D7 will not do this one)

-Submit a passing score for any assigned difficulty of the division below yours. (D1 will not do this one)

Reward: 2,000 credits per submission. 1,000 credits for each AAA or lowest raw good count in each division for given category.

D1 and D7's rewards will be doubled because they will have only one possible submission.

This Round ends on Monday, September 27th at 11:59 PM EST.

Round 5

D1: 43
D2: 50
D3: 69
D4: 78
D5: 85
D6: 94
D7: 99-100

Bonus 1: Guess I'm Good at this Game

Get a BBB (all "Good" judgments and nothing else) on any song.

Reward: 2,500 credits. Top 5 good counts will get 2,500 more credits.

Bonus 2: We're a Competitively Friendly Bunch

Play 3 different songs on Multiplayer against any player currently in the tournament or myself. Both players must pass each song. You must post the results of each song with the MP window showing who your opponent was. No restrictions on song selection or rates used.

This Round ends on Friday, October 1st at 11:59 PM EST.

Final Round

D1: 45
D2: 55
D3: 73
D4: 82
D5: 88
D6: 95
D7: 102-103

There will be NO grace period for this round and this tournament will officially end at the deadline, so please make sure you get a score submitted for each round before it's over so you can receive a prize.

I'll still give up to 12 hours to submit late, but it will count as 99999999 raw goods per submission.

Bonus 1: You've Been Doing it Wrong
Pass any song in your assigned difficulty range while getting as many raw goods as possible.

Reward: 2,000 credits. 2,000 more credits to highest raw good count in each division.

Bonus 2: Tis the Season To Be Hyping

Get your name on the Seasonal Leaderboards. This includes passing 50 unique songs on 1.0 rate. Submit a screenshot with you ranked this season.

Reward: 10,000 credits

Bonus 3: Let's Have a Writing Contest

Pass a minimum of 5 songs and submit screenshots in such an order that it forms a sentence. There are no restrictions in how appropriate/inappropriate your sentence is, so long as it's not directed towards anyone. You may only use songs on FFR and no other engine.

Words in parenthesis,brackets, etc. will not count unless it's the main song name itself. This means {Rose} is fine while anything that says but not limited to (FFR Edit) or ("x" Remix) will not count. Better example would be Otaku Speedvibe [Oni]. Otaku Speedvibe will count, but Oni will not.

Reward: 2,000 credits. There will be a community vote on the last day of the tournament to determine who wins 10,000 credits instead.

Extra Bonus: Somehow I've Stepped a Man out of You

Did you skillboost this tournament? You may take any raw good total you got on any ONE past round and submit a replacement score with that assigned difficulty. (The song may be different.) You may only submit one time for this bonus, so make it count! (Any penalties occured that round will still apply.)

This Round will End on Tuesday, October 5th at 11:59 PM EST.

Last edited by badman7772; 10-10-2021 at 09:29 PM..
badman7772 is offline   Reply With Quote