Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2008, 10:10 AM   #1
Hairy Cabbage
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default ffr on the xbl arcade

well, i think this game would be a great addition to the xbox live arcade, theres no way microsoft would decline this game from the arcade, i was just wondering if any of the ffr creators had ever throught about introducing their game to something the xbox live arcade. no doubt it would sell really well, and i know id certainly buy it in a flash. any1 else ever thought of this, discuss.
Hairy Cabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:12 AM   #2
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

Default Re: ffr on the xbl arcade

Wouldn't that be breaking all those copyright laws that we told artists and record labels, you know, the one that says we won't sell or redistribute their music.

Wouldn't this be doing exactly that?
TheRapingDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:23 AM   #3
Hairy Cabbage
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRapingDragon View Post
Wouldn't that be breaking all those copyright laws that we told artists and record labels, you know, the one that says we won't sell or redistribute their music.

Wouldn't this be doing exactly that?
actually i didnt know. however, since if it were to happen, it would be a new game, so maby the game could have some new music, made by new people willing to participate in the project, since the game would have to be a more "polished" version of the flash game here.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:26 AM   #4
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

It's already been said before by (Maldon?) that they don't have the time to completely run and maintain two builds of FFR, so I doubt this will ever happen.

I mean it's a hell of a lot to ask.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:30 AM   #5
Hairy Cabbage
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRapingDragon View Post
It's already been said before by (Maldon?) that they don't have the time to completely run and maintain two builds of FFR, so I doubt this will ever happen.

I mean it's a hell of a lot to ask.
well, the game wouldent need to be maintained much once it has been submitted, and i was just simply putting the idea out there, so please dont act like a jerk, and i did not know that it had been thought up befor.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:44 AM   #6
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

Quote:
so please dont act like a jerk
Ya, those posts reek of me being a jerk. Don't act idiotic just because your idea is being knocked down by someone. Learn to accept constructive criticism.

Quote:
well, the game wouldent need to be maintained much once it has been submitted
The whole point of FFR is to keep adding in new features, new songs, new artists. Putting out a fixed version would detract from the essence and enjoyable factors of FFR if you ask me. Look at the Kongregate version of FFR, not many people were happy with that.

Quote:
and i did not know that it had been thought up befor
This idea hasn't been suggested before as far as I'm aware, but it still stands under "another build of FFR" if you ask me.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:46 AM   #7
Synthlight
Administrator
Founder, System Administrator
AdministratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

It has been brought up before. I have had numerous talks with Microsoft about SpinItUp being included as a multi-player party game and they loved the concept, loved the existing game and think it would be a great fit. BUTTTT.. Here is my issue, it needs to be redeveloped for the 360,we need dev kits, we need to pay microsoft for massive testing and there are a billion others costs associated in there. At the end of the day it would cost somewhere around $300k-400k to complete and launch. I wish I did but I don't have that kind of money. XBLA games as of late last year cost $400k-$3mil to launch.

But if you guys have any ideas, let me know. I wish there was a way we could do this without spending so much money.

Cheers,

Synthlight
Synthlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:49 AM   #8
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

That's quite a lot more money than I expected it to cost. I was only looking at the effort and scale of actually setting the project up.

SpinItUp would be an interesting concept on it. Perhaps in a few years when FFR is more commercially known and you have revenue coming in from more sources it could be a possiblity, no?
Old 07-28-2008, 10:55 AM   #9
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Aren't Wii devkits much cheaper? And Wii has a similar service now with their WiiWare titles.

Also, that's why you get a publisher to finance it. Harmonix didn't go up to Sony and go "hey we got this great game concept lol you like hold this toy guitar and play music!", they had backing from Activision.

I guess what I'm saying here is:

#1: target Wii
#2: get some sort of financing or other means of outside funding

Also: glad to see direction towards Spinitup instead of FFR (don't want to follow in ITG's footsteps? rofl), and I think I've mentioned it before, but I'd LOVE to see a turntable-esque peripheral paired with a doubles mode. That's probably not realistic if we're considering download distribution, but it doesn't hurt to dream either.

ps
Quote:
I wish there was a way we could do this without spending so much money.
The model working on this site is fairly effective. You could make it a community endeavor. I'm sure tons of people would love to participate in a thing such as this... You've got dozens of people making quality files for FFR for free. How much you think Harmonix pays its employees who make charts for Rock Band?
Old 07-28-2008, 11:02 AM   #10
Hairy Cabbage
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post

Aren't Wii devkits much cheaper? And Wii has a similar service now with their WiiWare titles.

Also, that's why you get a publisher to finance it. Harmonix didn't go up to Sony and go "hey we got this great game concept lol you like hold this toy guitar and play music!", they had backing from Activision.

I guess what I'm saying here is:

#1: target Wii
#2: get some sort of financing or other means of outside funding

Also: glad to see direction towards Spinitup instead of FFR (don't want to follow in ITG's footsteps? rofl), and I think I've mentioned it before, but I'd LOVE to see a turntable-esque peripheral paired with a doubles mode. That's probably not realistic if we're considering download distribution, but it doesn't hurt to dream either.

ps
The model working on this site is fairly effective. You could make it a community endeavor. I'm sure tons of people would love to participate in a thing such as this... You've got dozens of people making quality files for FFR for free. How much you think Harmonix pays its employees who make charts for Rock Band?

i live some of the stuff your saying, however, targeting just the wii would not make too much money back, xbla has far more users to download the game, i would love to help on a project like this, altho i dont know what i could do lol, however, i have sent an email to a small games company who have just relesed a game on the ercade recently, they are a very small company, i bacicly asked how they manages to afford it, hopefully they will reply, and it might give us some ideas to work with, i would really love to see this happen.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:07 AM   #11
Hairy Cabbage
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

[quote=TheRapingDragon]

The whole point of FFR is to keep adding in new features, new songs, new artists. Putting out a fixed version would detract from the essence and enjoyable factors of FFR if you ask me. Look at the Kongregate version of FFR, not many people were happy with that.

[quote]

microsoft are very strict on what people can do to games, so updating the game constantly would most likely not be an option, but the game would still be able to have a set ammount of songs, which would still make for a good arcade game.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:10 AM   #12
Mr.Nothing
R.I.P. Steve <3
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Nothing

I find it amusing that TRD shot it down, then Synth brought it back up.

As for testing and such, why not designate testers from the FFR community to try it out.
You know, like pick a few people that are trusted throughout.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:16 AM   #13
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Nothing View Post

As for testing and such, why not designate testers from the FFR community to try it out.
You know, like pick a few people that are trusted throughout.
Like the subscribers do with FFR features before public release.

But I doubt Microsoft would allow that though. They wouldn't trust us as much as the professional testers themselves.
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:23 AM   #14
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I shot another build of FFR down as Maldon said two FFR Builds couldn't be maintained. Synth brought up SpinItUp. Different things.

The quote I am going on:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalDON
but I don't see this happening. It would require more than flash development, and we don't currently have the resources to maintain two builds of FFR.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:30 AM   #15
Mr.Nothing
R.I.P. Steve <3
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddr_f4n View Post
But I doubt Microsoft would allow that though. They wouldn't trust us as much as the professional testers themselves.
Well wouldn't it be Synth's decision?
I mean, if they think there are more bugs than we can find they would say no, but looking at everything the site has accomplished nearly flawlessly, there should be no dispute about whether or not trusted individuals could help.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:39 AM   #16
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Cabbage View Post
i live some of the stuff your saying, however, targeting just the wii would not make too much money back, xbla has far more users to download the game, i would love to help on a project like this, altho i dont know what i could do lol, however, i have sent an email to a small games company who have just relesed a game on the ercade recently, they are a very small company, i bacicly asked how they manages to afford it, hopefully they will reply, and it might give us some ideas to work with, i would really love to see this happen.
http://kotaku.com/5026475/npd-wii-su...e-leader-in-us

If you're lazy, I'll just say this: the Wii has a larger install base than the 360 does. Now, that's probably global, but honestly, the Wii came out a long time after the 360 did, so I'd say that fact offsets the 360's relative failure in other parts of the world.

And again, the devkit for the Wii is WAY ****ING less than the other platforms. I'm not sure how total development costs would be on one compared to another, but the devkit alone is DEFINITELY cheaper for Wii.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:42 AM   #17
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Nothing View Post
Well wouldn't it be Synth's decision?
I mean, if they think there are more bugs than we can find they would say no, but looking at everything the site has accomplished nearly flawlessly, there should be no dispute about whether or not trusted individuals could help.
Then we wouldn't need to pay Microsoft for testing if we are doing so ourselves.

And Microsoft (and other big companies) will only accept anything if you are willing to do it their way. They want to test it so it can satisfy them as well, not only us. They might want to change a few things that they believe can be noobie-friendly, even if it is already.
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:47 AM   #18
Telvanni_guard
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Telvanni_guard Send a message via MSN to Telvanni_guard

-Technically- Boom Boom Rocket is FFR/DDR.

Shame about the costs on SpinItUp. I could see it being pretty successful. Simple and Fun.
Telvanni_guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:03 AM   #19
Silver_Brian
¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(o_°)/¯
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

If anything, SIU would be much better suited for the Wii than anything else due to motion control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogle-master
i now have another excuse to grow a dick
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishFishRevolution View Post
"i've seen your little boy's penis"
Silver_Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:13 AM   #20
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran