Old 01-21-2016, 09:31 AM   #1
-JiZ53-
FFR Player

Default how's this for a breakfast regimen?

3 eggs + chopped bella mushrooms cooked in 1.5 tbsp of butter
Bowl of oats with 1 tbsp of butter and a dash of brown sugar
bowl of steamed broccoli cooked in 1 tbsp of butter
Grilled chicken breast cooked in butter
grilled cheese sandwich(muenster cheese)
cup of espresso with milk

Eaten in that order. This has been my breakfast lately. Am I doing it right? Is there such a thing as too much butter? I'm trying to gain muscle and a little fat(winter's here), I'm a skinny guy, 6ft 150lbs. Any other tasty foods that happen to be good for you, that I could add to the mix?
Old 01-22-2016, 11:38 PM   #2
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf
Default Re: how's this for a breakfast regimen?

I see no reason why it'd be bad
Old 01-23-2016, 02:48 AM   #3
25thhour
I like max
FFR Veteran

Oh god, thats a hell of a lot of food. I eat less than that in an entire day.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:55 AM   #4
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Doesn't sound bad if your metabolism is good enough to handle it

Proud member of Team No
Old 01-27-2016, 06:49 PM   #5
-JiZ53-
FFR Player

my metabolism is very fast. i lose five pounds in one day very easily. it takes me several weeks of 3-4000 calories a day to gain five pounds that isnt water weight
Old 01-29-2016, 03:35 PM   #6
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

There is no such a thing as a 'fast' metabolism.

The term you're looking for is inefficient metabolism, since you'd take more calories to do more things, and you do not have one or your body heat would be off the charts constantly. Even a 50% rise in metabolic inefficiency will be utterly miserable and you'd sweat doing basic things normal people do effortlessly. Inefficient metabolism can be induced by taking DNP, one of the most dangerous bodybuilding drugs available, which is responsible for more deaths by hyperthermia per use than any other drug I can think of.

Realistically you'd have to have a 30-100% faster metabolism to eat that much and not gain weight and I guarantee you don't. Metabolic efficiency varies by something like 10% at its most extreme; you aren't coming close to that.

You know what's way more common than rarely inefficient metabolisms? Human measurement error.

Human measurement error is extremely common. Around 98-99% of people who attempt diets fail, and I guarantee you the reason for failure is some degree of measurement error in the vast majority of cases.

Last edited by Arch0wl; 01-29-2016 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: agreed with Chris/SCWolf but he deleted his post so I had to remove the part where I was agreeing with a ghost
Old 01-29-2016, 03:49 PM   #7
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

til jiz is a teenager
Old 01-29-2016, 05:40 PM   #8
-JiZ53-
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post
There is no such a thing as a 'fast' metabolism.

The term you're looking for is inefficient metabolism, since you'd take more calories to do more things, and you do not have one or your body heat would be off the charts constantly. Even a 50% rise in metabolic inefficiency will be utterly miserable and you'd sweat doing basic things normal people do effortlessly. Inefficient metabolism can be induced by taking DNP, one of the most dangerous bodybuilding drugs available, which is responsible for more deaths by hyperthermia per use than any other drug I can think of.

Realistically you'd have to have a 30-100% faster metabolism to eat that much and not gain weight and I guarantee you don't. Metabolic efficiency varies by something like 10% at its most extreme; you aren't coming close to that.

You know what's way more common than rarely inefficient metabolisms? Human measurement error.

Human measurement error is extremely common. Around 98-99% of people who attempt diets fail, and I guarantee you the reason for failure is some degree of measurement error in the vast majority of cases.

i have to eat more calories than most people to sustain weight. i've measured this before. i have to eat about 3000 calories a day not to lose weight. i also recover from workouts very quickly. i can have stiff, painful, hard to walk legs at night, and after a big meal and a full nights rest, i am basically back to normal and ready to work out again. i am only able to gain muscle weight reliably because being active is the only way to stimulate my appetite so that i eat enough food to gain weight. i do not gain much fat despite eating approximately 1 stick of butter and 1 pound of cheese every 30 hours or so. i guess it makes fat people feel better to believe that some people dont gain weight as easily, but it is true

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
til jiz is a teenager
i'm 23 and i'm faster and have more stamina than you. i would also wager that i can jump higher than every single person in this thread
Old 01-29-2016, 06:11 PM   #9
Walrusizer
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Walrusizer

you cant jump higher than me in my mOoN SHoEs m8

Last edited by Walrusizer; 01-29-2016 at 06:12 PM..
Old 01-29-2016, 06:21 PM   #10
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

there is no scientific evidence to support your position.

The preponderance of scientific evidence suggests that inherent differences in metabolism account for less than 10% of variance in calories burned when accounting for body mass and fat free mass index.

You don't gain weight easily because you burn a lot of calories relative to your appetite, which is neurologically controlled and has genetic predisposition.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:31 PM   #11
-JiZ53-
FFR Player

so youre saying my brain is so busy that i burn all my calories from sheer brain activity?? wouldnt be surprised honestly

no, but seriously, i think i am more active than most people. even while sitting, i dont sit still and have to be in constant motion. i move around a lot and im pretty active, always have been. also, i dont retain much fat. i dont agree with your idea that appetite is genetic. i think appetite is largely social. i also think that some people are genetically predisposed to be more likely to gain muscle than fat

but i do see how certain people can have some part of their brain triggered that makes them eat more than other people. socially triggered but genetically predisposed... maybe. i think in extreme cases that comes down to a lack of self control, which can have genetic precursors, but is also largely social

Last edited by -JiZ53-; 01-29-2016 at 06:39 PM..
Old 01-29-2016, 10:49 PM   #12
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

While there is evidence suggest predisposition of muscle vs fat, appetite being genetically controlled is well supported in the literature.

Social factors contribute to eating patterns and food choice, but appetite in and of itself is strongly genetic.

Last edited by Reach; 01-30-2016 at 01:11 PM..
Old 01-30-2016, 03:34 AM   #13
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JiZ53- View Post
i would also wager that i can jump higher than every single person in this thread
I doubt it
Old 10-10-2017, 01:02 AM   #14
JanellIsabel
Banned

It's perfect :)

Last edited by PrawnSkunk; 10-10-2017 at 01:16 AM..
Closed Thread