Old 02-23-2013, 04:49 AM   #281
wildfireskunk
Purveyor of tea
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to wildfireskunk Send a message via MSN to wildfireskunk Send a message via Skype™ to wildfireskunk
Default Re: ITG/DDR Scores

If you're looking to train your stamina, and you're around the level you and I are at, Denjin K Megamix is a beast of a file. 8500 notes in just over 20 minutes, it's all good up until 2/3 through when the difficulty hikes significantly. I play it every session and think it's wonderful for improving my stamina, plus the song is SICK.

wildfireskunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:41 PM   #282
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I'm at the point where footspeed is a necessity because I'm getting crushed by decently fast songs. What are some good high 11s/low 12s that are around the 160-180 bpm area? (Reasonable stream length for 160-170 obviously because something like 20 seconds long is a bit unrealistic at my current level, 180 right now is way out of reach but it'll be considered later)

I played again today, it takes a while for me to get warmed up but I got these after 2 hours of playing. Just wondering, how long do you guys play for in your ITG sessions?

First FC

Dammit, good PA though

Same here, pretty decent PA

Bad trill control, this has a generous amount of candle steps

Slight improvement, kinda pissed I missed the SDCB by one

YES

I've noticed a slight increase in footspeed, but I'm still slow. But it was enough to rush this and pass.

Same here, I missdumped the ending

Indeed Pad Pack

First FC

Great song for stamina and crossover management. It's 125 bpm 16ths but is relentless. The ending still gets me because of my low footspeed.

Pretty messy but I was able to get through the short trillstream in the middle with around half a lifebar. First pass

lol messy as fuck, I'm so inconsistent on the fast trills. Low footspeed also doesn't help with transitioning between the 16th bursts

Cleaner
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #283
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

Nice improvements dosser

i usually play from a minimum to 3 hours to 4-5, depending on the situation. However, when i got back into ITG i could barely stand 30 minutes of nonstop playing, without even trying hard songs. Takes some time to build up stamina. Why do you play on DDR though? don't you have any itg cabinet nearby?
Old 02-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #284
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager

That's the thing, I don't have an easy method of transportation and there aren't any ITG cabinets nearby. I just use a cobalt flux and play in my dorm.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #285
linky123456
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to linky123456 Send a message via Yahoo to linky123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzExZeRo7497 View Post
Pretty chill, lol. Can't play ITG because of my knees anymore, blargh. Had that problem for weeks now. Nice Holy Macaroni pass though jeez
That sucks. You'll get the SM scores and I'll get the ITG ones

wildfireskunk, the Holy Macaroni chart is Aoreo's from SPEEDCOOOORE 1 I believe.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #286
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
That's the thing, I don't have an easy method of transportation and there aren't any ITG cabinets nearby. I just use a cobalt flux and play in my dorm.
couldn't you use openITG instead of DDR then?
Old 02-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #287
wildfireskunk
Purveyor of tea
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to wildfireskunk Send a message via MSN to wildfireskunk Send a message via Skype™ to wildfireskunk

Dammit dossar that's some nice PA! A few suggestions that I can think of...

Energizer (10), Xuxa, Utopia, Infection, July (all from ITG1 or 2, 150-170bpm)
Cherry Blossom Whirlwind, Chromatic Blitz (11), Duality, Etude to a Dragon (all ITG Rebirth)
Maybe try Denjin K Megamix. I know I push it a lot, but just see how far you can get and push yourself to do some 170 bursts XD

Old 02-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #288
MinTS2
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
I'm at the point where footspeed is a necessity because I'm getting crushed by decently fast songs. What are some good high 11s/low 12s that are around the 160-180 bpm area? (Reasonable stream length for 160-170 obviously because something like 20 seconds long is a bit unrealistic at my current level, 180 right now is way out of reach but it'll be considered later)
PERFECT timing to move onto some of the hard/medium charts for Pendulum. The whole pack is 174 BPM (exception of few songs) and the difficulty varies a lot so it's a perfect pack for you. Songs also vary in lengths too from ~2 minutes to ~7 minutes which is even better.

Last edited by MinTS2; 02-23-2013 at 06:08 PM..
MinTS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #289
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post
couldn't you use openITG instead of DDR then?
OpenITG forces fantastic timing which I'm not concerned about right now (and its scoring is heavily based on it). I need to build up my physical skill first to lower CBs, then I can be concerned about that type of accuracy.

Edit: Also for some reason I find this kind of amusing

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 02-23-2013 at 06:19 PM..
Old 02-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #290
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

ITG is better in many regards, i think you'd better be starting from that or you might feel uncomfortable later. Fantastic timing and stamina buildup are in no way connected imo.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #291
MinTS2
FFR Player

YESSS. They are finally reopening the Legoland on March 1st which used to be my ITG place for a couple of months. If they let me, I'm going to foam-mod the pads, switch the theme, put some songs in, and beast the fuck out of all the 17s I've always wanted to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFh_E...wmiIfKZXJeuH9M

http://www.vaughanmills.com/

Too bad there are going to be full of dumb kids who are gonna annoy me like every time I play.

Last edited by MinTS2; 02-23-2013 at 06:58 PM..
Old 02-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #292
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

foam-mod the pads?
Old 02-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #293
MinTS2
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post
foam-mod the pads?
Putting foam underneath the panels so they are more raised. It's common nowadays because it takes less effort to register the steps. It's not a difficult job but Newmarket won't let me do it because they're afraid I might get electrocuted or something even though this process won't involve any electrical currents lol.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #294
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

I just did it at the arcade i usually play. In most situations arcade owners don't want cabinets to be touched because they don't believe you are competent enough, or you could ruin something. They couldn't care less if you got electrocuted (lmfao how can they believe high voltage cables could go inside a pad where people sweat on).
Old 02-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #295
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

New 12 passed. I think it's my best one so far. It required more stamina than footspeed. As you can see, my accuracy got destroyed as I got tired near the middle; I'm not so happy with the MA, but I'm liking my PA on it. I could probably 90% this if I don't play it near the end of my runs like I did today.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:46 PM   #296
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

@Dossar, you realize ITG's Fantastic window is just barely smaller than DDR's perfects. Marevellous's in DDR are way stricter.

Anyways, for your question, my ideal session, if I have no interruptions or anything, is generally 3 hours or so. During that time I generally warm up with easy stuff, then from there it's like a roller coaster. Hard shit, cool down, more hard shit, cool down some more. Etc.

Also @Wildfire: I played Deltamax and failed with 61%. Kept trying to upload a vid but it wouldnt work lol. I actually had the FEC until like 35-40%.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:45 AM   #297
FrozenAngel91
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to FrozenAngel91

Wow this board is really getting active lately, makes me really happy to see

Anyways

@Dossar Excellent job passing Paranoia survivor challenge! I knew you could.

And I know you probably feel like you mashed fascination maxx but back in the day that's all I could do too, but once the pass was possible and I started playing it a bunch it helped my stamina immensly and I got better at it very quickly, keep working on it.

Oh also as for how much I play, I used to play for maybe 1 to 1 and a half hours at most, and I would usually give myself about 2 rounds of warmup songs and then jump in, with my 4th round usually being the one I would try the hardest stuff on.

Now though I typically play with a lot of people, and because the machine I play on is joint premium (1 credit for two people) I'm usually playing with people, which is by far the best way to play the game. It makes you keep going when you wouldn't normally, try songs you never would yourself and consequently work on things you don't normally work on, and just in general push your hardest. I know playing with a friend is what's gotten me passes on things that I never thought I could pass (super lovely for example) Uh but to answer the question if I'm playing with people I play as long as they play, which has been like 3 hours normally and has been up to around 8 or 9 hours before.

@Kibblre: I don't know that chart, but with the number of arrows I imagine it was just steady streams for the whole thing, so nice job! If you can give empty of the sky or God knows.... a try, I'd like to see how you do.

@Dragon: Becoming insane was really impressive, that looked really technical and really draining, great job keeping up with it. I ought to try that chart sometime, I've never even seen it before.

Anyways after all that, here's some scores!

Wow this was tiring, honestly really proud I got such a good score, thought I would eventually drop the ball to be honest. This is a brand new happy feet chart so if you don't know the chart here it is.

Hah! Your turn dragon! :P

I also got 84% or so on Tanglang, but I don't have a picture because I kinda failed it on the last like 12 arrows, still though it was really close. I might have a video of it coming soon cause Seth (happy feet) was playing with me and recording, so if I see that on youtube I'll post it here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findarian
get a sand hack and don't chicken scratch it and if someone does something stupid hack burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannytwobyfore
I wouldn't blame them, playing jump dense Konami files in DDR would make anyone's dick hard, maybe that's why the only thing anyone does anymore is stream.

Last edited by FrozenAngel91; 02-24-2013 at 01:59 AM..
FrozenAngel91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:38 AM   #298
wildfireskunk
Purveyor of tea
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX View Post
Also @Wildfire: I played Deltamax and failed with 61%. Kept trying to upload a vid but it wouldnt work lol. I actually had the FEC until like 35-40%.
I was wondering if you'd get past that point, as everyone I've watched play over this side of the pond dies at the 70% part (2 examples below!). It's like that's the point where there's some intense difficulty spike and it suddenly gets unmanagable XD Still, it's worth playing once in a while as it helps with drill training! And getting a pass on it is niiiiiiice.

- Example

- Example (player 1)

There's a 3rd video of someone else here having the same thing too but I can't find it atm XD

When it comes to my play sessions, I always used to spend between 5-8 hours down the arcade back when I was playing more. I'd hit my stride a couple of hours in, and for the last couple of hours I'd either just got for new passes or try and score on 10s and below. At the moment I'm spending 3-5 hours per session until we get a better machine

Anyways, off for a sesh now!

Old 02-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #299
MinTS2
FFR Player

1.2 Rate
looool those jacks at the end.

Mute's Infernoplex. Soooo mjuch better than the old one. Sightread as well.

Dat up arrow always gets me. Lot of them were pad oh well.

Way off was pad for sure. Too bad it's still not a 99 after recalc

These scores were from long ago but they were laying around in my computer for a while so I figured I should put them up.

Last edited by MinTS2; 02-24-2013 at 12:35 PM..
Old 02-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #300
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager

What the hell guys 3-5 hours? I felt entirely spent after 2 hours, haha