Old 11-29-2020, 06:03 PM   #2161
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
I don't think I actually need to anymore, because I feel safer in a world where he's town
*evil laughing*

FreezinIce in shambles

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:03 PM   #2162
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I read all of DBP's posts
I had no idea literally everyone else was scumreading plop who has died
I don't know that this has the level of confidence that DBP seems to be giving it, but I must concede that it is a point against plop to have so many of the dead scumreading him

I'm a bit confused as to something DBP said about the wolves being
1) plop
2) Yoshl
3) Sunfan/Freezin

I don't think I should be a candidate for third if he has Yoshl second given that he thinks Yoshl and I can't be together

I'd like to hear from raeko and Shadow if Shadow can like
get his shit together enough to think about what to do today

but I think I'm not going to campaign very hard for Freezin today, and instead worry about that tomorrow if we get there (hopefully we do)

if the game continues at a normal pace, and we hit a wolf today, people can expect to not be nightkilled if they aren't blue, so I think its somewhat alright for me to be calmer about Freezin today

he still is absolutely my biggest scumread

I think I will take Force off of my list entirely, its because he was very upset at the Subaru kill/flip

I don't really think he's lying about snapping at people IRL over it as a wolf, that seems very unnecessary, and its not even something he's trying to get credit over; no one's even talked about it yet (its why I moved him down in my order initially, but I think I'll put plop on it in his place now)

as long as raeko is town, I think we might actually have this today, somehow? DBP is right that, while town is vulnerable, wolves are also vulnerable today as well, and can potentially just lose the game slowly starting today.

raeko, can you specifically elaborate on your feeling on plop?
FWIW after all my work I still have Freezin as the most likely third wolf, but for the sake of precision, I have to acknowledge that there is still a chance it could be you. You and Freezin are absolutely not wolves together, and you are not likely to be wolves with YoshL, and YoshL is likely to be wolves with Plop.

T-Force is not likely wolves with Plop or YoshL.

So flip Plop, and then flip YoshL, and then it's likely Freezin.

The one lingering doubt I have is that Freezin went pretty ham on Plop yesterday, going as far as to vote him while there was a substantial Plop wagon. Freezin did eventually drop this because "cold feet", and even today his main target isn't even Plop, but you, sunfan. So it's a weak doubt, since it was very likely a bluff on Freezin's part, but I'm just bringing it up out of due diligence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 11-29-2020, 06:06 PM   #2163
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
If it helps you sleep tonight, I ISO'd him for like two hours and using his voice in my head to be like "would Greg actually display emotion over X?"

I know it's very difficult to believe, but Greg is not a soulless monster
when in the game where you asking yourself this question
like what posts/points?

Old 11-29-2020, 06:07 PM   #2164
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfuck42 View Post
I'm not a wolf. I promise I'm not. I pinky-promise. I'll even red truth it for you: In the game TWG 198, I, plopadop, rolled Unimportant Witness.
@Lewdy

Plop used "red truth" as a reference to Umineko, a visual novel he and I both have played. TL;DR any statement written with red text (i.e. red font) is absolutely, 100% true, with no proof needed. Red truth is "word of God" in the series. Which is why it is disappointing if Plop is abusing it to try to get fake town points from me.

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 11-29-2020, 06:10 PM   #2165
the sun fan
FFR Player

dbp, its fine, im not going to make a fuss because thunderdoming isn't everything

you can pawn the freezin/sunfan thunderdome off of shadow_god and raeko, since you're the nightkill if the game continues

the game makes like
negative sense from my perspective for freezin to be town here because plop and trevor just like
can't be wolves together, most likely

Old 11-29-2020, 06:10 PM   #2166
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

Quote:
when in the game where you asking yourself this question
like what posts/points?
Give me a minute here

there's actually a few very good ones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Old 11-29-2020, 06:12 PM   #2167
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Give me a minute here

there's actually a few very good ones
I will preface this by saying, before you post your conclusions, I'm not likely going to respond to them unless you ask me to

its a weird situation where, as town, I'd rather make it seem like I'm not trying to dissaude anyone off of anything

Old 11-29-2020, 06:16 PM   #2168
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Quote:
I'M VOTING SOMEONE SO THAT PEOPLE WILL TALK TO ME ABOUT IT
WHAT PLANET AM I ON
DO I NEED TO PUNCH SOMEONE IN THE FACE OR SOMETHING

like, seriously
where am I safe?
I'm trying to generate discussion on people I think are scummy, with over 24 hours left in the phase, people have already written off killing Freezin/Yoshl today, and I haven't seen a single solid townread on either of them
its unbelievable
This is a good example for you Sunfan

It's obvious you're annoyed with the state of the game at this point in time

I actually missed this post when it was actually posted
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Old 11-29-2020, 06:17 PM   #2169
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
This is a good example for you Sunfan

It's obvious you're annoyed with the state of the game at this point in time

I actually missed this post when it was actually posted
oh, ok, this isn't quite what I thought you meant
I'm gonna be honest, I think I could make that post as a wolf, and I definitely try to put faking emotion into my wolfgame
its bitten me a lot of times

Old 11-29-2020, 06:17 PM   #2170
fatfuck42
FFR Player

Quote:
for me, fatfuck, it'd help most if you could talk about your top wolf, which I understand to be T-Force

I really don't think he is a wolf that posted about being emotional following the Subaru flip, its just not something a lot of wolves do (though I think when Shadow rolls wolf again, we might see it perhaps)

can you talk to me about why you think he's a wolf again?

I didn't much care for the fact that you thought it was suspicious that he didn't remember you as a scumread of mine
Quote:
it was the beginning of this post
its really not much, but like
I've kind of decided that its very significant here
I think he's a wolf because of:
-the passive play
-the way he defends himself when necessary but also ignores a lot of pushes and prods (which I took to be one of his tells in the nonary games game)
-the way he said he's fine with voting FFA but didn't mention it being self-pres
-the way that freezin's thrown out town reads on him for pretty insubstantial stuff, or stuff that others have scumread him for
-the way yoshl's hovered around lynching him without committing outside of the first EOD
-the way he focused way more on haku being suspicious than FG during d0 EOD and kept his vote on FG despite saying to shadow, "I'm not saying FG is a wolf here"
-PoE, and he fits in best with my two other scumreads

However, now that I'm looking at the post in question, I think that's an incredibly townie thing to say too. If he's a wolf, he's either making a calculated lie, or something else wolf-related happened that fueled the snapping (eg they wanted me over subaru since subaru would be more easily mislynched today?). But I think those are way more of a stretch (well, I don't know t-force well enough to know if lying about something like that is something he'd do) than the straightforward explanation.

But if it's not him, then that leaves you and raeko. If you're a wolf, you're trying to sway me to raeko, and if you're town, that means raeko's a wolf (or you're both wolves and I'm wrong about freezin...).

Quote:
I'm not much of one for staying humble outwardly, but inwardly, I'd say that I know a lot less about the game than people might expect me to be comfortable admitting

I think rather highly of your game, and I know you don't really peacock around with an elaborate train, but this post seems to jutted out compared to what I think you ought to be thinking of yourself.

Not because (if you're town) you should never be mislynched or something like that because you really seem like you're at a loss, and even when the shit continuously and unrelentingly hit the fan in the Animal Crossing game, you really seemed like you at least knew what to do next.

I think you would agree that you defense has been unconvincing, but why? What's different about this position in this game that's left you at such a loss as town?
In the AC game, I was a PR. I had my claim to fall back on, so I didn't care too much if the way I played came across as wolfy. I always had my claim (ESPECIALLY after the 3p died and I became useless ability-wise). Then, after I claimed, people knew that my analysis was coming from a legiti place, and they'd listen.

In this game, everyone seems convinced that I'm a wolf now. It takes 5 to lynch me, dap's already voted for me, so one more townie and the three wolves can hop on and that's it. I could try to push my reads or yell my analysis some more, but I already went that route. I posted a shit-ton of analysis and all I really got were a couple people trying to poke holes in it. I think in general I haven't been able to get people to listen to me this game (even shadow just said "he's not really doing much") so I don't feel like going ham again just to get brickwalled.

So I think my strategy here is to just talk and listen to people as openly and honestly as I can and hope that I can convince people I'm legit and am coming from a legit place. Or maybe I'll be able to say something that I don't even realize is super townie and it convinces someone to see things my way.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:18 PM   #2171
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Quote:
ok no go fuck yourself

I've posted like 100 times in TWG about how looking within pairings is usually bullshit because it casts the net too wide. what other pairing are there even being talked about aside from trevor/fg anyways

its not like i'm dodging that either, I said that that was a false dichotomy well before people were townreading DBP for saying so
Quote:
ah, yeah, you'll forgive me for stepping out of the way of the tumbleweed that blew past after I posted my reads list

tell me what I'm dodging
tell me what I'm dodging
tell me what I'm dodging
tell me what I'm dodging
tell me what I'm dodging
These two work well together as a sign of displaying emotion
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 11-29-2020, 06:19 PM   #2172
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

@Plop

you aren't seriously considering Raeko as a wolf here... are you?

I just read that long post up above
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 11-29-2020, 06:20 PM   #2173
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
I'm trying to think of a way of expressing this point without sounding like an asshole, but it's like...

I feel like this is one of the better games I've had as far as solving goes. Outside of FFA, I've been right about basically everyone else who's either flipped or claimed. You can say it's wolf TMI, but I'd have to be a pretty fucking stupid wolf to keep on townreading mislynch'd and NK'd players after FG literally pointed it out as something I do as a wolf. Haku even said he'd look into it and keep an eye on it, and if you look at my ISO, you can see that getting haku to townread me was important to me.

Basically, I've been right this game. You guys can argue against my reasonings, but at the end of the day they brought me to the right place. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have the best track record out of anyone else in the game dead or alive

I get that dap and shadow are PRs, of course, but outside of that, it really frustrates me that you guys want to trust in the reads of a bunch of dead players (who were so wrong on so many of their reads that dap had to bust out the fucking "a broken clock is right twice a day!" defense) and a bunch of alive players who, again, haven't gotten the results that I've gotten.
Being the "most correct" about people isn't really a thing working in your favor if it's MYLO and we haven't correctly lynched any wolves

Re: dead people reads: Yeah, it's not exactly that I bring this up because they are more likely to be "correct", but because they are 100% trustworthy. Every single 100% trustworthy player thought you could be a wolf. In fact, that is the one thing they all have in common with each other. I don't have to worry about hidden agendas for corpses.

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 11-29-2020, 06:21 PM   #2174
fatfuck42
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I'm pretty sure your Ulli townread happened before FG ever brought up your scumtell in thread. That's the most damning one FMPOV. It's hard for me to look past.

It's not like, impossible to have the read you did... but a town of your skill level would have at least acknowledged that it was a WIFOM read and that it could go either way. (This is exactly what YoshL pointed out to you later, and you agreed with him, but you still ultimately kept your unambiguous town read on Ulli despite herself.)
I made that read the way I did because, in the past, I would've scumread her and pushed her to be lynched. I went that route with red blaster way back when, I went that route with haku in the AC game, and I got burned. So now I prefer to read those kinds of things in a positive light.

There's also the matter that ule played somewhat similarly here as she did in the AC game, where, again, she was town. I even went back to the AC game and skimmed her posts and the analysis she did here was in line with what she did there.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:23 PM   #2175
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
I made that read the way I did because, in the past, I would've scumread her and pushed her to be lynched. I went that route with red blaster way back when, I went that route with haku in the AC game, and I got burned. So now I prefer to read those kinds of things in a positive light.

There's also the matter that ule played somewhat similarly here as she did in the AC game, where, again, she was town. I even went back to the AC game and skimmed her posts and the analysis she did here was in line with what she did there.
That's fine, but wouldn't it be more natural to view it as null instead of towny?

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 11-29-2020, 06:25 PM   #2176
fatfuck42
FFR Player

Quote:
@Lewdy

Plop used "red truth" as a reference to Umineko, a visual novel he and I both have played. TL;DR any statement written with red text (i.e. red font) is absolutely, 100% true, with no proof needed. Red truth is "word of God" in the series. Which is why it is disappointing if Plop is abusing it to try to get fake town points from me.
I'm not going to say I'd never abuse it because I'm sure across the infinite number of possible werewolf games we could play, I'm sure there's scenarios in there where I would.

But I know how much I'd be risking if I abused it here. I think it'd take a long time for you to ever fully trust me in future games. If I'm a wolf here, is winning right here, right now, in this phase, in this game, worth so much to me that I'd sink myself in future games? Hell no.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:30 PM   #2177
fatfuck42
FFR Player

Quote:
I'm not going to say I'd never abuse it because I'm sure across the infinite number of possible werewolf games we could play, I'm sure there's scenarios in there where I would.

But I know how much I'd be risking if I abused it here. I think it'd take a long time for you to ever fully trust me in future games. If I'm a wolf here, is winning right here, right now, in this phase, in this game, worth so much to me that I'd sink myself in future games? Hell no.
To add: let's say I'm a wolf and you guys lynch me this phase. There would still be plenty of opportunity for my partners to pull out the victory. This isn't final 3. The trade-off of winning in this phase vs sacrificing any credibility I have with you (and I'm sure others too, who would point to this moment as proof of what lengths I'd go to as a wolf when it comes to lying) is just not even close to worth it.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:32 PM   #2178
fatfuck42
FFR Player

Quote:
@Plop

you aren't seriously considering Raeko as a wolf here... are you?

I just read that long post up above
Not here, but it's a possibility now that sunfan's brought up that point about t-force.

At the very least, I don't think it's impossible...and if it is true, raeko's played a fantastic wolf game.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:35 PM   #2179
fatfuck42
FFR Player

Quote:
That's fine, but wouldn't it be more natural to view it as null instead of towny?
Not when I had the AC game to go off of. In the absence of that then yes, absolutely. And I guess too other people scumreading her made me want to take a stronger stance, especially when it's d0 (which is more anything goes, I'd say) and I saw a wagon I disagreed with forming.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:42 PM   #2180
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

The sort of wild claim that Raeko could be wolfing here is nearly on par as you considering that Haku and I were wolf partners way earlier into D0
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Closed Thread