Old 06-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
wargasm1
Cowbelling FFR
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to wargasm1
Default Planetary anhilation

Its the 90$ rts game on steam, i bought it :P. It's still in early alpha access but the gameplay rocks. Anyone else has this?
wargasm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #2
omega_grunt666
Nescio quid faciam
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Planetary anhilation

Looks like most people aren't ready to drop that kinda cash on an alpha fresh out of concept stages. It certainly does look interesting but I'm gonna wait until they have a full game at a proper price point. I can totally understand charging extra because of the additional work it takes to manage people/testers/public builds while trying to develop the game.

I'm getting a really cool supreme commander meets sins of a solar empire vibe, and there is certainly a lot of potential. But too many questions on the table for me to make a deal. I'm gonna want to know more about tech trees/progression over the course of a game and a general length of time to expect per match (Hopefully with a range similar to Civ5s fast as quick or long as marathon). And certainly the type of balancing they go with will be important as well, there needs to be depth in play but something like R.U.S.E. with too many hard counters, or on the other end, super homogenization of units would suck.

Keep us posted on what you think of it.