Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 11:33 AM   #21
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan
Default Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

What did I turn down?
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Kilgamayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:32 PM   #22
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to StoicRoivaS
Default Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

Maybe I'm completely mistaken, but at one point you either quit being a mod, or rejected an offer to become one, or something very similar.
-Bowser
StoicRoivaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:46 PM   #23
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Oh guys, it's not your beef. Let the mods try what they think is best. Let them deal with the issues that arrive. If you find they can't manage the new arrangement and you're suffering for it, then you can start complaining.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:27 PM   #24
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

everything Kilga said is 100% truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quote of the century
We're going to get a bunch of noobs and new topics, but I see this is a good change, OVERALL.
why do you think the people who were actually good at this game stopped playing in the first place? TWG went to jTWG... i don't even want to think of what jTWG became... and now, well, I don't think it can really get diluted anymore.

The general consensus of the staff is basically what I said, perhaps said a bit nicer... but basically, we didn't see the need to keep TWG private anymore, because the level of the games are not nearly what they once were.

Maybe this will open things up and make it better.

As far as moving it to a subforum of CT. Maybe. Lets see how it plays out here for a few games, and then it can be re-evaluated.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:55 PM   #25
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DiscoBobbyPARANOiA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post

why do you think the people who were actually good at this game stopped playing in the first place? TWG went to jTWG... i don't even want to think of what jTWG became... and now, well, I don't think it can really get diluted anymore.

The general consensus of the staff is basically what I said, perhaps said a bit nicer... but basically, we didn't see the need to keep TWG private anymore, because the level of the games are not nearly what they once were.

Maybe this will open things up and make it better.

As far as moving it to a subforum of CT. Maybe. Lets see how it plays out here for a few games, and then it can be re-evaluated.
Oh my god, Tass. *orgasm* Please stay and grace us with your presence. Please. I miss you.

Edit: You're so amazing.

Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

Last edited by DiscoBobbyPARANOiA; 08-23-2007 at 08:07 PM..
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:48 PM   #26
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quote of the century
We're going to get a bunch of noobs and new topics, but I see this is a good change, OVERALL.
Also, this part where you make it seem like kilga has touted this quote and anything else relevant in this thread is pretty much false, that was DBP.

Be please, keep visiting.
-Bowser
Old 08-24-2007, 01:06 AM   #27
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to sertman Send a message via MSN to sertman

Quote:
so lets make it worse! yeah!

Quote:
again, lets make it worse! listen if you're looking to improve the quality of the game you don't move it to the most ignorant forum on the boards.

sertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:54 AM   #28
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoicRoivaS View Post
Maybe I'm completely mistaken, but at one point you either quit being a mod, or rejected an offer to become one, or something very similar.
I "account suicided", except instead of saccing my account I only sacced my mod status.

Ironically, it was over TWG.

If it were up to me right now I'd give myself a spot back, but I don't care about it enough to ask. I'm not really here enough anymore to merit it anyway.

EDIT: That and, given what happened, if Synth feels I don't deserve another shot I understand where he's coming from.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

Last edited by Kilgamayan; 08-24-2007 at 01:56 AM..
Kilgamayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:04 AM   #29
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Yeah, so, you were playing dumb for a reason....?

Highly irrelevant either way, so don't bother answering. It's pretty much been proven repeatedly that when there's a problem, the parties responsible will meet chance after chance with zero consequence and the 'powers that be' are here to do nothing more than carry that status with heads held high. I should be done here, but I know someone will say something else that merrits a response.

Also, sertman gets another point, if I were still keeping track. That's 3, sert.
-Bowser
Old 08-24-2007, 09:16 AM   #30
bluguerrilla
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to bluguerrilla

If mods/admins play this game seriously do you really think they're going to let random idiots spam and contribute nonsense?
Old 08-24-2007, 09:43 AM   #31
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerrilla View Post
If mods/admins play this game seriously do you really think they're going to let random idiots spam and contribute nonsense?
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously though, have you ever browsed a recent game? They do, and will not do, pretty much a single thing to make this place better.

Also, since we hit this topic briefly, here's a post from fojarfish.com that you guys can feel free to disagree with for some inevitably assinine reason.

I have an idea, instead of circle-jerking over how things used to be, feel free to take charge over your own devices. Get people who actually can and will do things. Initiate selective game signups, create a visible, stable, strict punishment system for offenders, and let the children fight over jTWG spots while the serious people only get to play in TWG. It's not that hard. But instead, we have people like, well, basically everyone who was cool enough to post here hoping something would magically change, who just sit around crying about how stupid things are or how awesome TWG used to be. It seems like I'm the only one that ever voices opinions about how to actually improve things, and it's consistantly met with "let the host decide", "that's too subjective to work fairly", or "we don't need a TWC, things are fine how they are". Do yourselves a favor and either be proactive or shut up.

If you hate TWG so much for what it's become then leave. And if you're going to make some EPIC ORDEAL about leaving TWG because of what it's become, then STAY GONE. You know what's really really cool? Hearing people like tass randomly stop by and complain, or throw in their two cents about something they "quit" long ago. No this doesn't just apply to tass, this applies to all of you people who are too cool to sign up anymore but still randomly stop in to post your amazing "vet" opinions over issues that hardly concern you. I'd make a list, but it would take too much time to type out the majority of this site's member list. Grow up people.

Note that was from fojarfish.com, so I'm not referring to FFR here.

CHALLENGE: Find 2-3 people that actually care to make this a better place to enjoy TWG, have them create, along with the few other serious players, a reasonable system that we will adhere to for game signups and rule infringements and the such, and give them the ability to enforce these decisions. The original idea was removal from user-group, but I'm not sure what exactly can be done now that it's public.

Am I really the only one that's infuriated over the audacity of these people?
-Bowser
Old 08-24-2007, 10:13 AM   #32
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924

I agree with Stoic, and I know what Tass is meaning by his post.

The mods, admins, and elites that used to play TWG don't care anymore about it because it's now full of younger, less intellectual, and less mature users such as myself. So since this game is really no longer seen by TWC as a game for the elite intellectuals of the site, there's no point anymore to make it private. I'm pretty sure Tass doesn't give a damn either about what happens to this forum anymore, so he doesn't care if it ends up staying in here. The only way the original TWC will act is by popular voice, not by concern for the future of the forum.

That's why I feel as if making it public was a "give up on the forum" choice by the admins. Which is why I believe we should do as Stoic said. Or something similar to that process.
Lightknight924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:20 PM   #33
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

If I actually cared or had time to work to improve TWG, I would. But, I don't care... nor do I have the time.

Hell, I didn't even sign up for the fojarfish game... I was signed up for magically.

Regardless, enjoy your new TWG home for now. Should things happen to be worse than they were before it was here, I'll consider moving it to CT. Frankly, I think you guys are putting more credence into your own worth and the game's worth than is merited.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:29 PM   #34
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sertman
whinewhinewhine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoic
I have an idea, instead of circle-jerking over how things used to be, feel free to take charge over your own devices.
I like Stoic's idea.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 02:28 PM   #35
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter View Post
I like Stoic's idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyone
whinewhinewhine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoic
I have an idea, instead of circle-jerking over how things used to be, feel free to take charge over your own devices.
I like Stoic's idea.
Fix'ed
-Bowser
Old 08-24-2007, 02:34 PM   #36
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Quote:
If I actually cared or had time to work to improve TWG, I would. But, I don't care... nor do I have the time.

Hell, I didn't even sign up for the fojarfish game... I was signed up for magically.

Regardless, enjoy your new TWG home for now. Should things happen to be worse than they were before it was here, I'll consider moving it to CT. Frankly, I think you guys are putting more credence into your own worth and the game's worth than is merited.
You may not "care" to make things better, and you may not "care" about TWG since it became 90% children and you may not "have the time" to improve this place, but between you stopping in semi-frequently to post some self-praising trash and it sort of being your job, to a degree, you'd think you would.

And, no, in reality, this place isn't going to get that much attention because it was moved and made public. It will probably see a maximum of 10 new people from other forums, tops, but to me, at least, putting it in the "games" thread is more of an insult and a passive-aggressive stab at those of us who still make an effort. Yeah, maybe the average IQ has gone down a bit over 50 games, but just because the all mighty tass left, doesn't mean this is no longer an offshoot of CT, and doesn't mean this place doesn't at least deserve an attempt to make it better.
-Bowser
Old 08-24-2007, 02:49 PM   #37
argo15
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Making this forum public has brought attention to me. Looks like a fun new game for me to start. =) Thanks for publicizing it.
argo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 06:18 AM   #38
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by argo15 View Post
Making this forum public has brought attention to me. Looks like a fun new game for me to start. =) Thanks for publicizing it.
Feel free to drag any friends you think would be interested over here. We're always looking for new players to spice things up. Also, if you have any questions about the game or anything, feel free to aim me @ StoicRoivaS. I promise I'm a lot more approachable than the topics of discussion of late would lead one to believe.
-Bowser
Old 08-25-2007, 08:12 PM   #39
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

And I thought the players in TWG were bad. Now I'm definitely not going to be playing just by looking at what was dragged in via this board going public.

Plus the Fojarfish game was a failure. ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
JurseyRider734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 05:54 AM   #40
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734 View Post
And I thought the players in TWG were bad. Now I'm definitely not going to be playing just by looking at what was dragged in via this board going public.

Plus the Fojarfish game was a failure. ****
Is this even based on any small segment of reality at all? Argo is the only person "dragged in" that I've noticed and I don't see anything by him that merits such contempt. Way to fuel the fire and perpetually prove every word I ever speak.
-Bowser