Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 11:45 PM   #1
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179
Default TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) POST GAME

The Resident Evil Game

14 player set up
3 Umbrella Employees
10 S.T.A.R.S. Members
1 "The Organization"

Day start
OOTC off except for wolfs NIGHT chat
48 hour Day phases
24 hour night phases
Phantoms off
Instalynch/no lynch on
Night talk off

Umbrella Corporation
1. Albert Wesker- When checked, you give back S.T.A.R.S alignment. You cannot make the night kill unless you are the last remaining employee. You have a 1-shot kill dodge in the night, and used automatically when targeted for death.*

2. William Birkin- You are a man of science. Once every other night, you may infect another player with the T-virus. After being infected for TWO DAY PHASES, when they are lynched, they "eat" the last voter killing them as well. You cannot kill and infect in the same night, even as the last alive. The infected do not know they are infected.

3. Red Queen- You are a force that is uncontended. You manipulate with such ease. In the night, you may select a player, and convince them to cease any actions they may be performing, "Blocking" their role.*

S.T.A.R.S.

1. Jill Valentine- You are great at knowing someones end game despite what they may say. During the night, you may listen in on another player. You will find out if they are S.T.A.R.S. or not S.T.A.R.S.

2. Leon Kennedy- The hero in shining armor, you protect others around you. During the night, you may hide another player so they cannot be targeted by other actions or make actions themselves. You CANNOT hide the same player twice in a row.

3. Chris Redfield- A town will be named Chris, but WILL NOT know that they are. (This is in order to keep Claire balanced in the smaller set up.

4. Claire Redfield- A woman with one objective, finding your brother, nothing stands in your way. During the night, you may shoot another player. If you shoot Chris Redfield, you cannot live with such a mistake, and kill yourself as well.* You have 2 shots to use.

5. Rebbeca Chambers- You are a young innocent S.T.A.R.S. member, and everyone will know so at the start of the game.

"The Organization"

1. Ada Wong- You care about no one but yourself, killing anyone who stands in your way. During the pregame phase, you may either choose 1-shot bulletproof, or seer as S.T.A.R.S.. During the night phases, you may kill another player.

Sign-ups
1.haku- Killed N1 Chris Redfield
2.celirra won at end game
3.roundbox won at end game
4.curry Lynched D3 Albert Wesker
5.psycho- replaced by star won at end game
6.mellon- Killed N2 Red Queen
7.Xelnya- Lynched D2 S.T.A.R.S. member
8.gun92- Killed N2 Rebecca Chambers
9.zoshi- Killed N3 S.T.A.R.S. member
10.darkmanticorex2- Killed N1 Leon Kennedy
11.InD- Killed N4 claire redfield
12.ffa- lynched D0 william birkin
13.Funnywolf- Lynched D1 Jill Valentine
14.olimer12345- lynched D4 ada wong

Will post night actions tomorrow.

Dead chat- https://discord.gg/29c23k
Wolf chat- https://discord.gg/gwYaGM

Overall the game was a shitshow whether it'd be lack of play from players, or me fucking up by allowing a second for 01 being legal and not being in thread at phase end and causing a shitstorm in dead chat. My bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
Old 05-23-2018, 11:47 PM   #2
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) POST GAME

@danceguy

[1:43 AM] inDheart: hey GS
[1:43 AM] inDheart: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=581
[1:43 AM] inDheart: you know why this post is hilarious
[1:44 AM] Golden Silver: Why?
[1:44 AM] inDheart: you're referencing toby, right
[1:44 AM] Golden Silver: Yes.
[1:44 AM] inDheart: you're talking to toby about himself
[1:44 AM] NocturneOfShadow: I don't want to act like I'm goat TWG but I typically have good reads
[1:44 AM] NocturneOfShadow: WHAT
[1:44 AM] NocturneOfShadow: zoshi is toby?
[1:44 AM] Golden Silver: WHAT
[1:44 AM] NocturneOfShadow: wooooow
[1:44 AM] inDheart: danceguy outed it in signups lol
[1:44 AM] NocturneOfShadow: woooooooooooooooooow
[1:44 AM] inDheart: i was dying the whole time
[1:45 AM] Golden Silver: eehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
[1:45 AM] NocturneOfShadow: that is hilarious tbh
[1:45 AM] NocturneOfShadow: top 10 anime betrayals right there
[1:46 AM] Golden Silver: how did i not notice that at all
Old 05-23-2018, 11:53 PM   #3
Zoshi
FFR Player

LOL

I thought this game was great blind, you did a GREAT job in hosting it!!! Thankyou so much for having me!
Old 05-24-2018, 12:13 AM   #4
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

this game wasn't that great from my end and showed me i still need to work on that coordination thing and that telling other people what i'm doing before i do it thing and that privately trying to read for the PRs before i lynch/shoot people thing

we probably shouldn't have been able to lynch curry and rice and what i should do there is just get roundbox on that with me and trust my own read a little

not lynching olimar the one day hurt, i think i valued him not having much wolf equity too highly in telling roundbox that xel would be the better lynch

the one night only zoshi died, it's because both factions shot him thinking the other would clean me up; i mentioned in deadchat wolves should probably just take the straightforward kill in these circumstances
Old 05-24-2018, 12:33 AM   #5
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Game became very unpleasant to watch, especially near the end when olimar tried to powerwolf out of the pressure by spewing vitrol.

I know I'm one of the last people who should be complaining about this considering my past playstyle but I think it geniunely isn't good for the future health of the game and a dialog should be open about it that has been largely absent so far .

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
Old 05-24-2018, 12:37 AM   #6
flashflash account
FFR Player

star: "I think ffa legitimately believed olimar was the SK"
also star: "I think ffa is dead wrong"

Kappa

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 05-24-2018, 02:35 AM   #7
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
star: "I think ffa legitimately believed olimar was the SK"
also star: "I think ffa is dead wrong"

Kappa
How he played on D0, was just not at all how I would have, if I were sk, so it was hard for me to believe. But I did actually argue at the very end, that I thought your lean was probably right on him. I fully admit that I was 100% wrong on every idea I had until Day 3, but I am glad that I was able to eventually get better leans. (I think Xel's lynch did actually "thin the deck" as he said for me, in terms of that).
Old 05-24-2018, 02:47 AM   #8
star-crossed
FFR Player

Huh, round was actually right that Cel was who Manti targeted on the first night. It is just that olimar did not kill anybody.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:42 AM   #9
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Read very briefly olimar's defense.

Olimar, instead of covering, you should've made more worlds possible instead of trapping yourself by focusing on one or two players.

Only skimmed the tiniest bit of your post history, so I don't have the entire context of the game because I didn't read a single thing until just now. (So if you were simply limited with your options...)

...Also was curious because freezin alluded to vulgar statements. In the future, if you plan to sway with confrontational posts, do so in a way that isn't what I said above. Don't just target one, make more worlds and make yourself believable!

Oh yeah, and congrats humans! Ya did it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 05-24-2018, 06:12 AM   #10
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra

whew

Gg all
Thanks for townreading me by the end
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 05-24-2018, 07:45 AM   #11
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra

Quote:
Game became very unpleasant to watch, especially near the end when olimar tried to powerwolf out of the pressure by spewing vitrol.

I know I'm one of the last people who should be complaining about this considering my past playstyle but I think it geniunely isn't good for the future health of the game and a dialog should be open about it that has been largely absent so far .
I agree. I notice myself going down this path accidentally sometimes, but it's the kinda thing that we should at least try to make a conscious effort to avoid if we can
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 05-24-2018, 07:49 AM   #12
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

I think I did pretty OK at the start of the game and was doing well but D2 I started chickening out, I don't even really know why. and InD made a nice shot on me because of it x_x

Quote:

I agree this was really disappointing for me.

Quote:
people like you are how trump gets elected
Old 05-24-2018, 07:56 AM   #13
the sun fan
FFR Player

that was a good turnaround there at the end cel

I think you were right for the right reasons on that one

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:20 AM   #14
the sun fan
FFR Player

@star, talking about finding serial killers specifically, and I'm sure you know most of this already because its probably been said a lot on ToS (I remember some other people complaining about Serial Killers when I was playing there briefly), but Serial Killers kind of have an odd position in most TWG games, especially smaller ones (below 25 players).

Because in just about every game, they start looking for wolves, and don't really stop until they are done killing all the wolves (again, this is the usual, not the guarantee), which gives them the added benefit of looking like a townsperson. Now since there wasn't much of an opportunity to do much after Curry was lynched, it should've been quite hard to find Olimar for the right reasons because you have to look outside of his reads/pushes and more at his behavior, which is always hit and miss but I think you did some good stuff there right at the end (in a similar vein to what Cel did).

Most of this just lies with what Serial Killers, and third party roles in general, are. They don't really belong in games other than to add a mystery element that, in the case of serial killers and arsonists, is more meant to speed up a game rather than help balance it.

What I mean to say is finding Serial Killers is hard. Before the SK is finished looking for wolves, finding one should be more or less luck based without some really on-point behavior or meta reads.

I think you were probably looking for the right things, its just really, really hard to the point where a lot of people just don't even bother with looking for Serial Killers unless they absolutely have to in the late game (me).

Old 05-24-2018, 08:33 AM   #15
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:

I haven't read his posts but if it was never made personal to stuff outside the game like, imo its fair to try to stir a player that way. A bit cheesey at worst.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:36 AM   #16
the sun fan
FFR Player

it is my opinion that Olimar didn't come close to violating any rules, which I don't really think is what people are talking about Xel

I think people are just not quite so happy with the negativity in general that happened at a few points in this game

Maybe just a case of it boiling over because I don't think this game had really any more than a normal game does on FFR

Old 05-24-2018, 10:26 AM   #17
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
it is my opinion that Olimar didn't come close to violating any rules, which I don't really think is what people are talking about Xel

I think people are just not quite so happy with the negativity in general that happened at a few points in this game

Maybe just a case of it boiling over because I don't think this game had really any more than a normal game does on FFR
The fact that it has become the standard is what is worrying to me.

Yelling expletives to try to shake someone off you is a tactic yes. But I've come to realize it's a cheap one that worsens the experience for most involved. I'm not trying to create a safe space here, I'm just saying have more respect for other people. It's a thin line I guess considering the nature of the game.

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
Old 05-24-2018, 11:02 AM   #18
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

What if you need to do that to make Haku feel bad and then I vote someone else and you win ?

:thinking:

I guess insults without intentions leading to wincon ain't too great. I'd say it depends on why it's happening, but at same time, the moment you start a game; nothing is supposed to be taken at heart on the same level as when you're not playing. So, as long as it's within rules, it should be fine. Maybe frowned a bit, but that's about it.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 05-24-2018 at 11:08 AM..
Old 05-24-2018, 11:03 AM   #19
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
Here's my problem with it in this specific scenario:

We have someone who was largely absent from the game, coming in and acting aggressive right off the bat. Without expending any effort not to be that way. There was no back-and-forth that escalated and he got emotional, he just came out with the insults when everyone else was being civil. To me that's a bit less understandable than someone who gets going when they're in the heat of the moment.

Quote:
people like you are how trump gets elected
Old 05-24-2018, 11:11 AM   #20
flashflash account
FFR Player

olimar plays aggro as a wolf
check "How to kill TWG"
he went straight savage in final 3 to try avoiding insta

I don't think a day 1 olimar lynch would've been out of the question either cause town olimar would've had much different questions for the thread imo

-----

Quote:
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Closed Thread