Closed Thread

Old 10-3-2016, 12:07 AM   #581
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan
Default Re: TWG Turbo V: No One Pretends to be the Seer Game Thread

wineandbread has replaced James May effective immediately
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 10-3-2016, 11:54 AM   #582
thesunfan
Role Tide

might be a minute or two slow on this phase transition
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Quote:
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 10-3-2016, 12:03 PM   #583
thesunfan
Role Tide

In the night...

danceflashrevo has died. He was

Vanilla Town

Day 2 will last 12 hours ending at midnight server time.

Day 2 begins now
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-3-2016, 12:09 PM   #584
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

lul

Why are you here?
Old 10-3-2016, 12:10 PM   #585
juckter1
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Ok, it's about time now.

I'm hardclaiming Seer. I have a red check on Precarious as well as my previous greenchecks on MML and James (now wineandbread).

If you need some evidence that I'm not BS, then look at yesterday's checks, and note that if I were a wolf, then Precarious should be a dead seer today, which he is not. So if you think I'm not the seer, then you think I'm either ballsy enough to leave the seer alive going into a 4v1 as a wolf, or dumb enough to think fakeclaiming seer as a VT is good play.

If you still think I'm BS, then just wait for a counterclaim to happen. Seer and Wolf claiming Seer is a guaranteed win for town.

Otherwise, we lynch Precarious.

gg guys
Old 10-3-2016, 01:32 PM   #586
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Eh, end of day was an unmitigated disaster anyway. I can't counterclaim since my switch tacitly conceded that I'm not the seer, and this would be a pointless gambit for you if it's not true.
Old 10-3-2016, 01:34 PM   #587
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by juckter1 View Post
Ok, it's about time now.

I'm hardclaiming Seer. I have a red check on Precarious as well as my previous greenchecks on MML and James (now wineandbread).

If you need some evidence that I'm not BS, then look at yesterday's checks, and note that if I were a wolf, then Precarious should be a dead seer today, which he is not. So if you think I'm not the seer, then you think I'm either ballsy enough to leave the seer alive going into a 4v1 as a wolf, or dumb enough to think fakeclaiming seer as a VT is good play.

If you still think I'm BS, then just wait for a counterclaim to happen. Seer and Wolf claiming Seer is a guaranteed win for town.

Otherwise, we lynch Precarious.

gg guys

I am hard claiming VT and can not dispute this

Although if Precarious really is red why did he vote James and force KitB? Really bad move on his part from that PoV

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 10-3-2016, 01:37 PM   #588
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Oh and speaking of that KitB

All hail our Lord and Savior R. N. Geesus for covering us when town was acting lile a bunch of unorganized sissies last EoD. I hope SunFan gives you the MVP

Old 10-3-2016, 01:38 PM   #589
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precarious View Post
Eh, end of day was an unmitigated disaster anyway. I can't counterclaim since my switch tacitly conceded that I'm not the seer, and this would be a pointless gambit for you if it's not true.
Yeah about that

Why James and not me? Or are you claiming VT?

Old 10-3-2016, 01:43 PM   #590
thesunfan
Role Tide

i'll go ahead and end it since prec has claimed and the game is over mechanically

the game is over, town wins.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-3-2016, 01:53 PM   #591
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

lols this game was a trainwreck that got compounded into a bigger trainwreck. Shoutouts to Juckter and the RNG gods, you're the Heroes of the Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 10-3-2016, 02:03 PM   #592
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Some general observations:

EoD was a disaster that largely came about because I was busy periodically throughout the day and made mistakes trying to catch up and compress too much stuff into the last few minutes. Essentially what happened was that I caught the kitb situation with about 30 seconds to go. I was hesitant to bus AA under the circumstances (the math just doesn't work out), I had been too aggressive on the town MML front previously to vote him without making it obvious what was going on, and I saw a red James higher up on the page, so without time to check I voted James, conceding in effect that I wasn't actually the seer. This was a bad enough situation even before RNG capsized our wolven ship. (But we were taking on water anyway, so...)

In the future, I'll probably just do regular games and only periodically turbos; the timeframe becomes really problematic for me unless I have absolutely nothing else going on, since my playstyle doesn't really lend itself to the one sentence posts that are kind of necessary to keep up with the thread in 12 hour days.

I will say that I don't think the format is entirely balanced; I'm not sure it's been realized just how incredibly gamebreaking the mass seer claiming is. What that allows town to do is guarantee that the seer results are available without actually outing the seer. It's a very powerful role (and thus a very powerful tactic) in such a small game; there's no elbow room, because even green results are especially meaningful when there are so few players. That doesn't even account for how trapped players can get by their false reads. I can't speak to past turbo games here (where it sounds like the seer got killed D/N1 a lot somehow), but eliminating the N0 check would probably help out a lot. That seems better than banning the tactic altogether imo.

Anyways, apologies to AA for how the day ended yesterday. Good game town.
Old 10-3-2016, 02:08 PM   #593
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

Quote:

EoD was a disaster that largely came about because I was busy periodically throughout the day and made mistakes trying to catch up and compress too much stuff into the last few minutes. Essentially what happened was that I caught the kitb situation with about 30 seconds to go. I was hesitant to bus AA under the circumstances (the math just doesn't work out), I had been too aggressive on the town MML front previously to vote him without making it obvious what was going on, and I saw a red James higher up on the page, so without time to check I voted James, conceding in effect that I wasn't actually the seer. This was a bad enough situation even before RNG capsized our wolven ship. (But we were taking on water anyway, so...)

In the future, I'll probably just do regular games and only periodically turbos; the timeframe becomes really problematic for me unless I have absolutely nothing else going on, since my playstyle doesn't really lend itself to the one sentence posts that are kind of necessary to keep up with the thread in 12 hour days.

I will say that I don't think the format is entirely balanced; I'm not sure it's been realized just how incredibly gamebreaking the mass seer claiming is. What that allows town to do is guarantee that the seer results are available without actually outing the seer. It's a very powerful role (and thus a very powerful tactic) in such a small game; there's no elbow room, because even green results are especially meaningful when there are so few players. That doesn't even account for how trapped players can get by their false reads. I can't speak to past turbo games here (where it sounds like the seer got killed D/N1 a lot somehow), but eliminating the N0 check would probably help out a lot. That seems better than banning the tactic altogether imo.

No worries, it was my fault that I was even under pressure anyways

pikakirby123 reincarnated

Old 10-3-2016, 02:18 PM   #594
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Oh. Here's two relevant parts of a longer rant in deadchat, which is pastebinned here: http://pastebin.com/gsVmw4x4

Everyone should read the above pastebin, but MML most of all, because he's trigger happy, tunnels way too hard, and made a couple of shit plays this game. Also, he needs to get his memory checked:

From BOATS OOTC:
"[2:13 AM] MixMasterLar: Lemme ask you something, this time.
[2:14 AM] Wolfe: Go for it.
[2:14 AM] MixMasterLar: Why do you prefer being a wolf? what's the best part of it?
[2:14 AM] Wolfe: Well, you have to understand that most of my experience is IRL
[2:14 AM] Wolfe: IRL, wolf is just absolutely the funnest role
[2:15 AM] Wolfe: Village townie is totes boring irl. Here, I'm actually enjoying it because there's so much discussion
[2:15 AM] Wolfe: IRL it's like, BAM phase over BAM phase over BAM phase over
[2:16 AM] Wolfe: so cop and mafia are funnest because you get to actually engage
[2:16 AM] Wolfe: Idk what wolf is like online, I've never played one in MafiaScum and I'm not one here
[2:16 AM] MixMasterLar: Word
[2:17 AM] Wolfe: So yeah, when I said, "I wanted to be wolf"
[2:17 AM] Wolfe: It's definitely true because I wanted a special role
[2:17 AM] Wolfe: but like, the more I play this with y'all
[2:18 AM] Wolfe: every single person is equally important, and it's fascinating to see the interplay of actually discussion and logic, as opposed the bullshit I was exposed to on mafiascum and the significant loss of content that comes with fast-paced IRL games
[2:19 AM] Wolfe: Idk if that makes sense to you, but I tried to explain it as best I could
[2:19 AM] MixMasterLar: No it makes sense
[2:19 AM] MixMasterLar: I agree, it's a fresh game experience for sure"

From BOATS main game thread, shortly after my introduction:

[2:06 AM] Wolfe: Oh, further reference for the amnesiac twat:

[2:08 AM] Wolfe: Initial XelNya probe into my experience:
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=148

Initial response:

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=157

MML chiming in (seriously stop smoking so much dank weed and your memory will get better, ya twat):
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=159

My response to MML, referencing my IRL games and lack of online experience:
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=160

XelNya's response, saying that I shouldn't play the noob card and expect to get away with it:
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=161

Read the pastebin!
Or read the whole deadchat, but making that public isn't up to me.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 10-3-2016, 02:27 PM   #595
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

GG guys. Shout outs to AA you did do a good job towards the end, I just decided to trust the early read.

Quote:

Makes sense, except the balance complaints

Wolves have won 4/5 times. Go read that last turbo (Sonico) and tell me wolves don't stand a chance

Old 10-3-2016, 02:28 PM   #596
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
GG guys. Shout outs to AA you did do a good job towards the end, I just decided to trust the early read.

Makes sense, except the balance complaints

Wolves have won 4/5 times. Go read that last turbo (Sonico) and tell me wolves don't stand a chance
well, this is the first time people actually covered for the seer

pikakirby123 reincarnated

Old 10-3-2016, 02:42 PM   #597
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Oh. Here's two relevant parts of a longer rant in deadchat, which is pastebinned here: http://pastebin.com/gsVmw4x4

Everyone should read the above pastebin, but MML most of all, because he's trigger happy, tunnels way too hard, and made a couple of shit plays this game. Also, he needs to get his memory checked:

From BOATS OOTC:
"[2:13 AM] MixMasterLar: Lemme ask you something, this time.
[2:14 AM] Wolfe: Go for it.
[2:14 AM] MixMasterLar: Why do you prefer being a wolf? what's the best part of it?
[2:14 AM] Wolfe: Well, you have to understand that most of my experience is IRL
[2:14 AM] Wolfe: IRL, wolf is just absolutely the funnest role
[2:15 AM] Wolfe: Village townie is totes boring irl. Here, I'm actually enjoying it because there's so much discussion
[2:15 AM] Wolfe: IRL it's like, BAM phase over BAM phase over BAM phase over
[2:16 AM] Wolfe: so cop and mafia are funnest because you get to actually engage
[2:16 AM] Wolfe: Idk what wolf is like online, I've never played one in MafiaScum and I'm not one here
[2:16 AM] MixMasterLar: Word
[2:17 AM] Wolfe: So yeah, when I said, "I wanted to be wolf"
[2:17 AM] Wolfe: It's definitely true because I wanted a special role
[2:17 AM] Wolfe: but like, the more I play this with y'all
[2:18 AM] Wolfe: every single person is equally important, and it's fascinating to see the interplay of actually discussion and logic, as opposed the bullshit I was exposed to on mafiascum and the significant loss of content that comes with fast-paced IRL games
[2:19 AM] Wolfe: Idk if that makes sense to you, but I tried to explain it as best I could
[2:19 AM] MixMasterLar: No it makes sense
[2:19 AM] MixMasterLar: I agree, it's a fresh game experience for sure"

From BOATS main game thread, shortly after my introduction:

[2:06 AM] Wolfe: Oh, further reference for the amnesiac twat:

[2:08 AM] Wolfe: Initial XelNya probe into my experience:
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=148

Initial response:

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=157

MML chiming in (seriously stop smoking so much dank weed and your memory will get better, ya twat):
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=159

My response to MML, referencing my IRL games and lack of online experience:
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=160

XelNya's response, saying that I shouldn't play the noob card and expect to get away with it:
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=161

Read the pastebin!
Or read the whole deadchat, but making that public isn't up to me.
Ok

I legit remember it differently tho lol. But yeeeah point taken

Old 10-3-2016, 02:58 PM   #598
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Ok

I legit remember it differently tho lol. But yeeeah point taken
Cool. I'm sorry for making the point in such an insulting manner, but I felt betrayed 'cause you're the person I talked to most at first, so I thought we understood each other better. Jeeez, that tunnel though, huh? 😂
We cool, fam?

This will be my last post in game thread.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread