FFR Veteran

Default Re: FC Stat bar - New Implementation

i would really like an SDG bar
Old 08-16-2021, 04:09 PM   #42
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Yep, I think there has not been a single opinion against SDG bar so far. Surely that would be the priority in all that's been discussed given the positive reaction for it.
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 04:25 PM   #43
WirryWoo
Forever Derbyless
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
It's as if you've never in your life seen someone enjoy a completely optional side quest or minigame of any game ever. Can't you let people have their own fun that doesn't 100% match yours ? Smh. Yes there have been legit arguments on both sides, but the more you post the more it's about "a feature you dont care about shouldn't exist".
It's cool to have these optional side quests but how many do we need to really make this enjoyable for every player on FFR? A few years from now there's probably going to be a similar thread saying something like "Let's add Amazing Counts on all player's level ranks because it distinguishes the better players from the pool of players that previously AAA'd the file" because this definition of fun (maximizing MA) is currently not officially recognized in FFR.

There has to be a point where these "side quests" are way too many (but sure you can argue that point as subjective too). Just because it's not officially recognized in game, doesn't mean the player cannot do it. By all means, FC all the files to your heart's content. It's more of a question of whether you want these stats to be considered "officially recognized on FFR" or not. This is what I'm debating about, not if "FCing all files is considered fun or not".

WirryWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 04:37 PM   #44
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WirryWoo View Post
It's cool to have these optional side quests but how many do we need to really make this enjoyable for every player on FFR? A few years from now there's probably going to be a similar thread saying something like "Let's add Amazing Counts on all player's level ranks because it distinguishes the better players from the pool of players that previously AAA'd the file" because this definition of fun (maximizing MA) is currently not officially recognized in FFR.

There has to be a point where these "side quests" are way too many (but sure you can argue that point as subjective too). Just because it's not officially recognized in game, doesn't mean the player cannot do it. By all means, FC all the files to your heart's content. It's more of a question of whether you want these stats to be considered "officially recognized on FFR" or not. This is what I'm debating about, not if "FCing all files is considered fun or not".
Again, it's fair to say that you find it meaningless. However there's no reason for the game to stay static regarding its optional content if others find interest in the changes. I'd even argue that it brings diversity for the ones who may want different things to go for.

Also your example is Only applicable if the amazing counts were to be made visible somewhere that isn't related to how skill is computed, otherwise it wouldn't be an optional thing anymore wrt what FFR considers the main goal.
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 05:18 PM   #45
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
The whole point of any progress bars / stats / etc. is so that you can glean useful information about a player's skills

The current FC bar tells us nothing because mashing of FCs exist...not to beat a dead horse lol.
Yes, this is exactly why I find the metric pointless to track. I never explicitly stated the intended existence of a progress bar, assuming it was inferred they're to provide meaningful information in some facet or aid in a player's skill development. Mashing full combos simply to fill the bar as a "minigame or side quest" does neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 12:22 AM   #46
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

FC* should count towards anything FC related. FC need to stay, it's something a lot of beginners like to set goals with.

I would love to see a SDG or AA bar ... and I'd argue for a AA metric to be added.

If the AA metric was a percentage, it would help to account for really long songs, It's one thing to SDG "Teh Tricky Techno" (51), bit it takes a lot more to get "Max Forever" (51).

Honestly a new progress bar like that may bring me back to playing again.

TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 02:23 AM   #47
emulord
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

SDG bar is great idea, the space between FC(*) and AAA is too large.

FC should be FC*, a improvement to a score shouldnt decrease a metric.
Here we go should be 99% again with FC*, or maybe 98%. It was nerfed because of the change to accuracy scoring instead of combo, so losing FCs because a serious issue. All FC achievement tokens should be based on FC* when it matters
emulord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 08:28 AM   #48
diddleysquin
FFR Veteran
Event StaffFFR Veteran

As someone who (outside of tournament season) really doesn't give a rats about getting a AAA I love FC's and they are what I have always actively tried to work towards. I'm no amazing player but it's something that I can still realistically work on beside a fulltime job and all of the real world life that means I can't spend all day mashing arrows.

Personally AAA's are too stressful to work on and take the fun out of the game, FC's are just right and mean I can still play tracks that are fun while having a realistic "completion" goal for them rather than be stuck with tracks below 20 (the area where I could realistically score AAA's) that don't really have any interesting combinations coming up as you play.

Best analogy that I can think of is it's like giving books to kids, you don't just give them books they can read every word because they're not going to learn anything, and they're going to get bored fast; you have to give them books where they can make enough sense of it but that has plenty of new words for them to look up an learn. If I felt like I was being told only AAA's were worth working to, I'd be stuck reading books with no new words; if I can continue to feel like it's worth working to FC's as a tracked metric, I get to learn so many new words.

I'm very happy with them as they are now and really wouldn't like to see them changed.