Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 03:59 AM   #1
MarkHouseMD
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to MarkHouseMD
Default The 2008 FFR World Regionals Tour! Northwest, Pacific Northwest, and Southwest, Open!

The 2008 FFR World Regionals Tour

House, here, and I would like to welcome you to the official page of the 2008 FFR World Regionals Tour. Here you can find the scheduale for your area, events, information about the tour, and other fantastics facts about the tour.

So your first question is probably going to be, what is the FFR World Regionals Tour all about? Well I'm glad that you decided to ask. While I've been looking around at different statistics, different rankings, all sort of different player base fact, I've decided, how can you really tell who the best player in the world of FFR is? This is because the ranks fluxuate so fast, and people are changing their rank almost every minute, so that means, there is no real true number one player unless proven. So, here's what I've done.

FFR has already been kind enough to divide the world up into sixteen seperate regoins, nine of them of which, belong to the US. There will be what is called a regional qualifier match. Meaning only people from that region can play in that match. If you are not from the designated region, you will not be permitted to play in that tournament, at the time. Here's where it is going to get difficult. Only the United States, will have a nationals tournament. No it is not because we are special, it is because the other seven regions of the world are not divided into sperate areas, so we must get the best players from all the areas of the US, then put them into the top four of the region.

The tour will begin with the USA Northwest regionals, followed by the Southwest Regionals, Pacific Northwest, Great Lakes, Gulf Coast, Southeast, South Atlantic Mid-Atlantic, then finally the New England Regionals. After each of these regionals are completed, the USA FFR Nationals Tournament, will take place. After all that is completed, the South American Regionals will take place, then followed by the Central American Regionals, then the Canadian Regionals, European, African, Asian, and finally it will end with the Australlian Regionals.

After all the regional tournaments have finally taken place, the 2008 FFR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT, will take place. This tournament is strictly by invitation only. It will consist of the best four players of each region. It will last six rounds, after which will be cut to a top eight. The winner of that top eight match will be named the FFR 2008 WORLD CHAMPION. Not only will you have bragging rights for a long time ahead, but you will also be looking forward to other prizes as well which will included a free paid subscription, credits up the Wahzoo, a specially made professionally done signature banner, and other things. The other three who managed to top four in the world tournament will be given prizes as well. Of course those will not be known for quite sometime. The first place prizes aren't exact either just a generalization, but the subscription is a for sure thing.

How will each tournament work out? Each tournament is going to be done in a standard swiss format. Each player will be matched up per round with a another player, and that is who you will be playing against each round. It is not how many rounds you lose, it's how many you win. This is done to eliminate ties, and save time, along with faster tournaments, and rounds. At the end of the number of rounds (which is decided by how many players are in that tournament), there will be a cute to either a top 32, 16, 8, or 4, I'm hoping there will always be cuts, to 32 or 16. At the end of each tournamet I will take the top four players of that region and that is who will be invited to participate in the World Championship (excluding the United States Individual Regional Qualifier Tournaments, please read above for more information).

Tournament Rulings
-FFR Regional Qualifier Tournaments: In each of these tournaments you will only be allowed to play if you are part of the region in which ever part of the world it is taking place in. You will only be allowed to make one post per round, this is because it is considered a true test of skill, so you must make sure that you are always playing at your best.

Each Qualifier Tournament with played in the standard swiss form. Each amoutn of rounds in the tournament will be stictly based upon how many players have entered in that specific tournament. The number of loses you have will not matter, it is all about how many wins you have. At end of the designated amount of rounds there will be a cut to either a top 32, 16, 8, or 4, as stated previously above.

After the cut to the final number of players (32, 16, 8, or 4), if you did not make the cut, you may not continue to play in the tournament. You may watch and follow, comment, and post, by you will no longer be in play. Once the top four of the regional is decided, the tournament is offically over. If you were in the top four, congratulations, you have made it to the FFR World Championships, (EXCLUDING US PLAYERS, see below). Once your regionals is over, you may not enter another one, you can take a break from the tournament until the World tournament arrives. If you did not make the top four of you region. You are out of the tournament. I appriciate you playing, you may not enter another tournament in order to re-qualify.
-US Nationals/Regionals Tournament:
This will be short and sweet becuase there are only a few rules for this tournament that will need to be covered. This tournament will be a 36 person tournament. Four from each region, nine regions total. simple Math. You may only compete in this tournament if you have received the offical invite from me. I will have a list of names that have qualified so I know if you are lying. No proxies will be allowed to take your place. You have to be present in order to compete, if you can not make it, you will not be in. Sorry. This tournament will be treated as if it is the US Regional Qualifier. If you top four this tournament you are qualified for the World Championship. Congratulations. The rest of the same rules for the Reigonal Qualifiers also apply to this tournament as well.
-FFR 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT:
You may only play in this tournament if you have top foured a Regional Qualifier Tournament, and have an offical invite. If you are not qualified, you are more than welcome to post, comment, and follow along with the tournament, as it goes. If you are not able to make it to this tournament, and you can't compete, you may not have a proxy take your place. This is not something that I would like to miss out on. All the rules fromt he above two tournaments will apply to here as well.
I will be the judge of all the events that are to go on, and I will make the final call on everything. Of course I don't actually know how many calls I will be needing to make. There will be not hassling other players, no downgrading players such as noob, lucksack, and others. If I see this you are Disqualified from the tournament.

I want to try and have a clean tournament here as best as I can, not just for you, but for me as well, this is going to be an excpetionally long tournament, longer than most people are used to.

A fair warning to all the players. This tournament is going to last a couple of months garunteed so you mut have paitence and alot of commitment. This is something that will be an incredibly fun tournament, and it will be the unltimate form of competition from players all over the world.

Here is the scheduale of events:

4/27/08: USA Northwest Regional Qualifier, USA Southwest Regional Qualifier, USA Pacific Northwest Regional Qualifier

TBA: Registration for the USA Gulf Coast Regional Qualifier, USA Southeast Regional Qualifier, USA Great Lakes Regional Qualifier

TBA: USA Gulf Coast Regional Qualifier, USA Southeast Regional Qualifier, USA Great Lakes Regional Qualifier

TBA: Registration for the USA Mid-Atlantic Regional Qualifier, USA New England Regional Qualifier, USA South Atlantic Regional Qualifier

TBA: USA Mid-Atlantic Regional Qualifier, USA New England Regional Qualifier, USA South Atlantic Regional Qualifier

TBA: USA National Tournament

TBA: Registration for South American Regional Qualifier, Central American Regional Qualifier, Canadian Regional Qualifier

TBA: South American Regional Qualifier, Central American Regional Qualifier, Canadian Regional Qualifier

TBA: Registration for European Regional Qualifier, African Regional Qualifier, Asian Regional Qualifier, Australlian Regional Qualifier

TBA: European Regional Qualifier, African Regional Qualifier, Asian Regional Qualifier, Australlian Regional Qualifier

TBA: THE 2008 FFR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT

If you have any questions at all about how the tournament is going to run, any rules, comments, or just general talk about it in general, please feel free just to PM, or post on the thread.

============================================================================================

New Update!

Registration is Now Open!

Okay everybody, One of my tournaments has ended early so now I will be having some room in my scheduale to begin preparing for this tournament. It's looking like that we are going to be right on scheduale with everything. I have above, updated the scheduale, and I am preparing the list for the registration which I will now be excepting for the following regions (If you have already said that you are going to enter please wait to tell me until your current region comes around. Sorry for the inconvienence, but it is going to be easier for me to keep track of this tournament considering I am going to have a high number of people entering)

The Following Regions are now open for registration:

-USA Northwest
-USA Pacific Northwest
-USA Southwest

Do Remember you are not registering for any sort of bracket you are just registering for Your Region Only. When you sign up please let me know what region you are in. If you do not know what region you are in please check the following map:

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ofiles/map.gif

Registration with close on 4/26/08 at 6:00pm

USA Northwest
Jerry DB
Flaming_Dingleberry

USA Pacific Northwest
EAGAMES

USA Southwest
Foilman8805
omegalpha789
llama499
sk8it
Silver_Brian
lullaby

Last edited by MarkHouseMD; 04-17-2008 at 01:56 AM..
Old 04-14-2008, 04:40 AM   #2
FrenzyMidget
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FrenzyMidget Send a message via MSN to FrenzyMidget
Default Re: The 2008 Ffr World Regionals Tour!!!

So I got about two months to pass remedy eh... don't see that happening =)

Old 04-14-2008, 06:10 AM   #3
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to EnR Send a message via MSN to EnR

This is like... your 3rd tourney...
Old 04-14-2008, 06:53 AM   #4
pmonibuv1
yes
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to pmonibuv1 Send a message via Skype™ to pmonibuv1

im in but can you edit your own post?
FMO AAA's (55): Rottel-Da-Station, Church Bells, Arrogant Cobbler, Grocery Escape Plan, Disconnected Hardkore, Minute Waltz v2, Battle Theme #37, Flight of the Bumblebee, Midnight Dragon, Jeanie and Caroline, Blue-Violet, Puzzle, Kyrie, 300, Largiloquent Dithyramb, Brandish Headless, Going On Spring Wind, Novo Mundo, Gacha Gacha Hertz Figu atto Radio, Starwolf, Melonman's OP, Summer Time Perfume, Perfect Cherry Storm, Hajnal, Epidermis, Strangeprogram, Thrash, Lawn Wake I (LW EP Edit), Choprite, AIM Anthem, Dance and Zeal, Kanon Medley ~Metal Wings~, Clockwork, JULIA, Heavenly Spores, Distorted God, Radio Heads, Epilogue, Spoils, Ripoff, Since 1983, A FLOWER GARDEN, The earth blew up, Phalanx, Chronograph, Black Key Etude, Trinity, super mario bros theme (original NES is awesome), Jack-The-Ripper, Poppin' Shower, cheerful forest, Trisection v2, Devilz Staircase, Colibri, Club

FGO AAA's (2): Time To Eye, The Bird's Concrete Nosedive

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old 04-14-2008, 07:43 AM   #5
windsurfer-sp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to windsurfer-sp

Awesome tournament. I will give it my best to represent Australia. Now to beat Destiny....
Old 04-14-2008, 10:54 AM   #6
MarkHouseMD
FFR Player

Do remember Frenzy this tournament is going to be huge, so there is telling what is going to happen plus you have a little bit of time to get all practiced up, i mean you're in Canada so it's not for another three months.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:23 PM   #7
badman7772
It happens for a reason.
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

You guys coming to Raleigh? I'll be there if it's there.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:07 PM   #8
MarkHouseMD
FFR Player

Well if you go and check out the regionals area map you'll notice that North Carolina is located in the South Atlantic Area, so all you have to do is locate your regoinals on the scheduale of events and that is when it is. We don't actually travel anywhere we are doing this all as an online thing, just for the simple fact that me and my team can't really travel across the world. Of course that would just be simply amazing if we could. Just in case, though, if you didn't happen to check out the scheduale at the top of the page, your regional tournament is on June 15th, and that is for the South Atlantic Regional Qualifier. Don't worry I don't expect you to remember this all at once, the thread will be constantly updated to make sure everybody is on track. You can also PM me for more information, or you can post on my comment wall on my profile with any questions and I will get back to you.

Hope to see you at South Atlantic,
House
Old 04-14-2008, 02:45 PM   #9
Fantasticone
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Are you even gonna finish your other tournies that you posted like yesterday?
Old 04-14-2008, 03:26 PM   #10
MarkHouseMD
FFR Player

Oh hells yes I'm going to finish my other tourneys. This tournament isn't going to be for awhile, so I've got some time to spare. I just know that if I get the word out, I could probably have a rather large turnout for it. Which I would like, because if you have read I am putting up a rather nice grand prize, in which I would like good turnout for.

But yea, I am going to finish up all my other tournaments that I have right now going, and then I am going to deidcate myself to the big one coming up. I understand too that I have posted this forum rather early, but the reasoning is that I want to have a large turnout for it. I hoping to have at least fifty to a hundred people per region signed up.

I do apologize for posting this early, but you know, it's going to be a really big event, and I am prepared for it. So sign up when your regional comes up, get everyone involved. It will be fun if we do.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:28 PM   #11
dandandamdandan1111
the baker man
FFR Veteran

Please stop making tournaments...
Old 04-14-2008, 03:28 PM   #12
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

Send a message via AIM to EnR Send a message via MSN to EnR

Canada is going to win bitches

Smartdude, behanjc, buddha, me.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:47 PM   #13
MarkHouseMD
FFR Player

So far I've heard from Australlia, and Canada, a little bit of side marks from the US, where's everyone else.

And Dan, this is the last tournament that I am making for awhile, after my first two are done, then this will be my main focus. If you read earlier I'm posting early for publicity, and getting the word out. So pass it along.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:15 PM   #14
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

I'm so going for Canada as well. :3
Old 04-14-2008, 05:20 PM   #15
Fantasticone
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Sigh..

US-Mid Alantic region.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:24 PM   #16
dogdude84
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I can't believe you wrote "Ffr". That's so ugly. FFR...for realz.

This is kinda cool actually, is it something official that FFR does, or is this your idea?

USA - New England

Tournament Wins:
Cry4eternity's First Tournament (Standard division)

^lulz^

Super Smash Bros. Brawl LADDER

^ScArY^
Old 04-14-2008, 05:26 PM   #17
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Generally official events will have the word "official" in them somewhere.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:31 PM   #18
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdude84 View Post
I can't believe you wrote "Ffr". That's so ugly.
OMFG, I KNOW, RIGHT? Christ. All caps next time, House.

Anyways, I read the first post, and this actually sounds like a pretty solid idea. I will tentatively sign up for the US Southwest region. I do not know how hectic my school schedule will be towards the end of May, but I'll try my best to participate.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:51 PM   #19
BigBoss37
Veteran Member
FFR Veteran

Canada region <------.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:52 PM   #20
Matrixdude
And She Screams My Name
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Matrixdude Send a message via MSN to Matrixdude

USA - Great Lakes

This tournament sounds amazing. A lot of work, it looks like coming in the future for you House.