Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2015, 08:36 PM   #1
MosaicMan3
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Unhappy Why is my rank different in game, on levelranks, and profile...

I noticed none of my stats are consistent. Even "games played" on my profile is more than the "games played" in game. Which doesn't make a lot of sense, since the game updates instantly.

In addition, the "Grand Total" is consistent across the board, meaning every game has been accounted for.

Moreover which rank and stats are accurate? Is there any way that this can be fixed? And why does this happen?

Old 08-21-2015, 08:50 PM   #2
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Why is my rank different in game, on levelranks, and profile...

Can't speak for the games played discrepancy but the ranks refer to different ranks - Skill Rating's average rank is in relation to the ranking within the skill rating system, average rank was a rank based on the average for your songs' ranks, overall rank was changed to grandtotal rank iirc which ranks based on your grandtotal score in relation to others. FFR Rank I thought was in relation to the skill rating but maybe not. I'm sure someone will clarify further but that should give you a rough idea.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:56 PM   #3
Frank Munoz
Vophie
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

You can read more about the ranking systems in the FAQ page
as for the average ranks being different between your profile page and level ranks page im not too sure other than the level ranks page tallies up ALL charts, rather than what i believe the avg rank on your profile page does is take that avg rank and then averages out between all other players average rank in comparison. Someone feel free to clarify

Last edited by Frank Munoz; 08-21-2015 at 08:58 PM..
Frank Munoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:44 PM   #4
Trumpet63
Mostly Ignored
Skill Rating Designer
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

The in-engine being different than on the site might have something to do with what happens when you open up level ranks. That page triggers an update, which then should update the engine...?

My games played match, but average rank doesn't. I'm thinking that either there was a change made to how average rank is calculated that wasn't pushed to the engine OR the engine calculates your average not just based on public songs.
2014 October 7th 1:03 AM

Zageron: Trumpet
Trumpet63: yes, im here
Zageron: You have a problem.
Trumpet63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 11:05 PM   #5
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Here this should help
I've blacked out garbage data that may be confusing and drawn lines to the matching numbers you need.
Anything that is slightly off is PROBABLY due to something needing to be updated, and that will either happen automatically and/or when you update your stats.
Edit: oops i missed the FFR RANK, that matches up to your first blue number in Skill Rating

Last edited by icontrolyourworld; 08-21-2015 at 11:08 PM..
icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 12:04 AM   #6
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

1) Opening up Engine technically opens a "new session", where if you get improved scores (say going from 8-0-2-3 to 9-0-0-0) it will automatically update within the engine itself (but this update does not occur on the site and in level ranks yet).

2) The only things in engine besides an improved score that updates automatically within the engine itself is Grand Total, FFR (Rank), and Average Rank. Games played in engine will not update until you close and re-open the engine, thus starting a "new session". IE: I have 8,590 games played on my engine screen right now, but I'm actually up at 8,631 games on site.

3) None of your scores will show on level ranks from the engine unless you view your level ranks (triggers the update that Trumpet mentioned), or alternatively updating your stats from the FFR Leaderboards page. IE: Right now, I have at least 30 or more AAAs that I haven't checked level ranks or updated within leaderboards and they won't appear until I do so on the site, but in engine it shows I have those songs AAA'd.

It isn't until you update from level ranks or the leaderboards until the engine and site sync stats up, and while in engine you can see your stats grow but certain things won't update until above is achieved, and certain things automatically update on site and game.

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 06:57 PM   #7
MosaicMan3
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld View Post
Here this should help
I've blacked out garbage data that may be confusing and drawn lines to the matching numbers you need.
Anything that is slightly off is PROBABLY due to something needing to be updated, and that will either happen automatically and/or when you update your stats.
Edit: oops i missed the FFR RANK, that matches up to your first blue number in Skill Rating
Thanks bud.

In regards to everyone else, I completely understand what the different ranks are, and how they're structured.

What throws me off is that the Total Score is the same across the board, therefor every single game has been accounted for. That being said, everything has been updated correctly at the time of the screen shot.

(I did restart engine, update lvlrank, ect)

What I'm trying to get at, that there is a problem with the ranking overall, and something is going wrong. Even though it may only be a little off, it's still off. I checked 12 hours after not playing a game, and the same results occurred.

All human error on my side has been eliminated. I'm just making sure the problem is known, or maybe I'm just a single case example.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:08 PM   #8
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

You need to elaborate on what precisely is your problem, because as it is worded currently, all of the answers are already in this thread.

Grand Total is updating automatically across all boards.

Scores are recorded in-engine before they are updated on site (level ranks and skill rating).

Games Played is updated on site, but not in-engine until you start a new session.

Average Rank is updated in-engine before it is updated on site (effective when you update level ranks)

Every statistic a player has reaches full updated status when you exit the engine and update level ranks.

Last edited by _Zenith_; 08-22-2015 at 07:09 PM..
Old 08-22-2015, 07:31 PM   #9
MosaicMan3
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
You need to elaborate on what precisely is your problem, because as it is worded currently, all of the answers are already in this thread.

Scores are recorded in-engine before they are updated on site (level ranks and skill rating).

Games Played is updated on site, but not in-engine until you start a new session.

Average Rank is updated in-engine before it is updated on site (effective when you update level ranks)

Every statistic a player has reaches full updated status when you exit the engine and update level ranks.
Will elaborate later, synth is finally involved in the 3 day thread, can't miss a post xD
Old 08-25-2015, 07:41 PM   #10
MosaicMan3
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:

My precise problem, is that my "avg" in game, is different from my average on "leaderboards"

Moreover there is clearly an underlying problem when games played is different. But my grand total is the same.

The same grand total means EVERYTHING has been updated. But the games played still being different show there is clearly something wrong.

(As mentioned prior, I have restarted engine, and updated levelrank. However the problem still persists.)
Old 08-25-2015, 07:47 PM   #11
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosaicMan3 View Post
My precise problem, is that my "avg" in game, is different from my average on "leaderboards"

Moreover there is clearly an underlying problem when games played is different. But my grand total is the same.

The same grand total means EVERYTHING has been updated. But the games played still being different show there is clearly something wrong.

(As mentioned prior, I have restarted engine, and updated levelrank. However the problem still persists.)
Average Rank on FFR (visible on profile) =/= Average Rank via Levelranks (leaderboard). There is an average point system that is displayed in-engine, and you receive a rank which is shown on your profile and on the leaderboard dashboard that shows your average rank against other players.

Grand Total being the same across all boards =/= Everything being updated, as Grand Total is updated automatically and not manually.

As it was already explained, Games Played is deterred from the current session on the engine, and updates when you start a new session.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:06 PM   #12
MosaicMan3
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
As it was already explained, Games Played is deterred from the current session on the engine, and updates when you start a new session.
As I already stated, the problem persists when I start a new session.

Regardless, that's not what I care about.

What I care about is why my avg in game =/= to my other averages. What is the reason they aren't created equal. They used to be a few months ago...

Last edited by MosaicMan3; 08-25-2015 at 08:06 PM..
MosaicMan3 is offline   Reply With Quote