Old 08-1-2021, 12:58 PM   #601
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: ymotohciD :daerhT emaG 002 GWT

@Fatfuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfuck42 View Post
If dap were to flip purple, do you think that'd make tforce more likely to be town or scum?
DBP is a SK. They had an alignment change to vanilla town when moving to this game.

- Tosh 2014

Old 08-1-2021, 01:13 PM   #602
gold stinger
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Sounds like you have really bad tunnel vision

Also wanna ask for posterity and you'll have to forgive me for not digging for this, in the early game back and forth from here to the main game I'm just skipping:

In the post before this one you mention MML, RB, and Haku as town reads is "an exceptional take" but like, I get why the Haku lean is weird maybe? But I don't get what in particular makes this take so out there for you

I wanna see how far down the tunnel you are, is my point I guess I'll just put that out there

Because on entry to the game for me, roundbox looks fine, and dbp actually looks kind of bad?

And my reasoning for the dbp this is entirely based on this post

I have a hard time thinking this post is completely genuine. Something's off here imho
to address this post (since my mind just wasn't in a good spot last night),

MML is pretty strong town. RB & Haku though is more ehhhhhh. It's not so much that it's out there for me, more that I respect it in how it's different but I don't really see where people are coming from in terms of putting it on their reads list. RB even more-so since they're actually in this game. I will actually iso Haku if/when they come to this game but not atm with 4 ??'s on my brain.

I think your take on DBP is fine. Although, my interpretation is that since everyone's role powers including kill powers have been removed in this game, there could be a chance that DBP never actually changed alignment and would still flip purple if voted. Essentially could still be a 3p with zero kill power or any way to assist him in his win condition, so he's resigned to just being vanilla town with the smallest of chances of making something out of his wincon, but it's pretty hard to justify winning in a setup if there's consistently 3 kills every night like what's happening right now.

- Tosh 2014

Old 08-1-2021, 01:17 PM   #603
gold stinger

@FatFuck

Quote:
Personally, I think tforce looks scummier if dap turns out to be purple over green. That would mean tforce was totally right about dap being 3p, but then dap's points (eg about wolves being more focused on 3p vs townies) has much more weight to it as well. I think tforce only looks towny if dap flips red since that'd be some pretty intense wolf theater for them to have.
This line of thought sticks out pretty hard given DBP's talks about it the previous night phase. He was pretty sure that he had gotten the axe to the face because of those intense talks w/ Force.

ugggggghh posting in main thread my brain still dead from yesterday

- Tosh 2014

Old 08-1-2021, 01:20 PM   #604
gold stinger

Quote:
Got a few things to do IRL first, but then I'm gonna work on that reads list.

In the meantime, I'm still down with the idea of lynching between the people who voted ben over storn, but I'd also add tforce into the mix too because of the haku rush and the dap stuff.
lmao MML is gonna have some choice words to say about it because they are not focused on tforce at all

- Tosh 2014

Old 08-1-2021, 01:25 PM   #605
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

I am paying attention ftr
Old 08-1-2021, 01:35 PM   #606
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
to address this post (since my mind just wasn't in a good spot last night),

MML is pretty strong town. RB & Haku though is more ehhhhhh. It's not so much that it's out there for me, more that I respect it in how it's different but I don't really see where people are coming from in terms of putting it on their reads list. RB even more-so since they're actually in this game. I will actually iso Haku if/when they come to this game but not atm with 4 ??'s on my brain.

I think your take on DBP is fine. Although, my interpretation is that since everyone's role powers including kill powers have been removed in this game, there could be a chance that DBP never actually changed alignment and would still flip purple if voted. Essentially could still be a 3p with zero kill power or any way to assist him in his win condition, so he's resigned to just being vanilla town with the smallest of chances of making something out of his wincon, but it's pretty hard to justify winning in a setup if there's consistently 3 kills every night like what's happening right now.
I am fairly content to follow you for the time being based on this post
Old 08-1-2021, 01:39 PM   #607
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

DaBackpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
"I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post

Old 08-1-2021, 02:05 PM   #608
gold stinger

Quote:
@Celirra

see:

Quote:
@Celery

I'm gonna need neighborhood posts between you & Storn thanks

All of them. Especially now considering you were adamant that they were town.
If you don't, town in main game should actually vote you.
@Main Game Players

I am actually adamant about this since this could give some clarity past the in-thread anger & justify a town view since Storn mentioned that 'they came off as bery towny and confused about the game' in a possible pocketing attempt (because ofc they would, they're neighbors).

If they don't provide it then it's going to come across as scummy in withholding information on a known red flip whichever way you want to spin it. Doesn't really matter whether or not it's self-incriminating at that point.

- Tosh 2014

Old 08-1-2021, 03:55 PM   #609
cedolad
moonchild~

Send a message via Skype™ to cedolad

Quote:
They mean post more.

I know most of the situation of whom to vote stayed in the main game until you came over here and probs didn't get much time to review this game and the players unflipped in it & their dynamic in this game.

That being said, genuinely what are your spiciest opinions on unflipped atm in this game? Because I still have essentially a neutral read on you and have mostly been shrugging it along/giving it a free pass while there's bigger stuff on the table.
Ah yeah they meant in this game, not just the main game. Right now I'm thinking we need to flip a pr claimer, just to be safe. Blind especially. Since he came over to the 2nd game I've been getting more towney vibes from him but the night kills don't add up imo. DBP shot GS, so that leaves blind as a wolf or 3p kill. With how d0 eod went and blinds entrance I find it highly unlikely that he was a wolf kill.
Old 08-1-2021, 05:28 PM   #610
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0

bolth mannn

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 08-1-2021, 05:45 PM   #611
gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedolad View Post
Ah yeah they meant in this game, not just the main game. Right now I'm thinking we need to flip a pr claimer, just to be safe. Blind especially. Since he came over to the 2nd game I've been getting more towney vibes from him but the night kills don't add up imo. DBP shot GS, so that leaves blind as a wolf or 3p kill. With how d0 eod went and blinds entrance I find it highly unlikely that he was a wolf kill.
Thoughts on his counterargument that he was likely killed because he mentioned having a PR ability d0? He sent out a message mid-d0 in-thread stating that he needed to post at least once for his power, and was pretty convinced that's what got him killed that night.

Not putting it under ya to think in that direction, just in contrast to me, I wouldn't necessarily put a vote in either of them unless the ?? starts growing bigger for either of them.

- Tosh 2014

Old 08-1-2021, 05:50 PM   #612
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
Like, just to spill my thoughts open:

I still have a town read on DBP for game-solving & how much work they put into making storn vote here, and ben vote there, as well as mechanic solving. Charu is in a similar fashion at this point, despite the tunnel on them earlier. Star-crossed is also pretty spot-on town.

I give Subaru a town lean over graph stuff d0 and getting shut down on it hard. Pretty much everyone voted ben's slot on storn/ben, so I'm seeing wolves had no problem with hitting that slot.

Pretty much giving blind town pass atm because of bigger stuff & I would expect if there's actually another tracker/seeker, they could quite possibly counterclaim on idea of odds that there wouldn't be a 2nd one in the setup, although not feasible if still in main game.

Xel is ??, fg is ??, roundbox is ??, cedo is ??

That's just too many ??'s for me so I'm quite unsure where to go this day phase, but would probably be between the 4 of you lest I do iso across all 4 players which is, ugh.
Unfortunately I agree a lot on your ? group.
I think it is possible roundbox is a wolf, but I am less inclined to vote him than the others because I appreciate that he is trying to focus on solving for wolves, rather than getting distracted by side issues. While he has been erratic at day ends, his explanation that he feels spooked by trains not started by him makes some sense.

I think FG and Xel have been flying under the radar and both voted Ben over storn. They are also neighbors. So, it is interesting how much they have in common. Between the two, I see FG as more likely a wolf overall. I think FG's approach to storn comes off more as having a possible agenda. She said something about not seeing how anybody could have a strong enough opinion on storn to not want to wait for an end of day where he was here to claim or defend himself. I did not see her use a similar approach d0, so I feel it could be a convenient defense. On the other hand, Xel's posting about storn was more focused on specific arguments presented and feels more genuine to me tone and emotion wise. I struggle with reading Xel, but his prickliness of Kappa, reminds me a bit of him picking fights with me in the past as a town.

Cedolad mostly has not made much impression as I said, but arguing voting only between the special role claims as a "safe" play seems random and sus to me. They claimed they would want info from storn to help solve, but have not actually done this analysis or even commented on others' ideas, so it seems like lip service.

Also, I agree on Cel releasing the logs being important, though my suspicion of Cel predates the storn flip. Their argument with Lar did not make me feel any better, as it seemed overly rhetorical and defensive, rather than making Cel's own views on the new info clear.
Old 08-1-2021, 05:54 PM   #613
gold stinger

I'll park a vote on Funnygurl and pivot the same questions to them. What's your stance on the current game state in this thread? Do you feel strongly towards PR roles in this game, or someone that you've had your eye on in this game for some time? Or something specifically in you & the other two that joined this day phase? Give me something to work with to parse your position among others while I sit here & iso main game thread content.

- Tosh 2014

Old 08-1-2021, 06:08 PM   #614
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
@Fatfuck

DBP is a SK. They had an alignment change to vanilla town when moving to this game.
As annoyed as I am,about the trickle truthing about this, I feel we have too many others that are more likely to be of the wolf alignment specifically, for me to want to vote to DBP now
Old 08-1-2021, 06:09 PM   #615
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0

SubaruPoptart

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 08-1-2021, 06:20 PM   #616
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Goldstinger, of your 4 ???s, I’d be more inclined to vote xel. I read funnygurls frustration posts and they seem genuine to me. If she had a team behind her, I would see her venting to them rather than the thread. Roundbox I’m open to changing my opinion of as they’re obviously a very capable player, but their solving has felt genuine.

I pick xel over cedo just because I personally kind of agree about the idea of shooting a PR to get some answers because people seem to be forgetting that 3 people died last night. If there’s a world I’m not understanding where it’s possible for a Wolf team to make 3 kills in a single night, then there’s wonky stuff going on with the roles
Old 08-1-2021, 06:51 PM   #617
the sun fan
FFR Player

:tnuocetoV
Subaru (1)- storn
cedo (1)- star
fg (1)- gold

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 08-1-2021, 06:59 PM   #618
gold stinger

Gonna drop some mad ramblings, some of it to myself, some of it directed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
yeah i'm not reading the second game

i'm playing straight up twg w/ no flips and i'll see bout the second when i get there
hasn't really done any of such 'seeing 'bout the second game' since getting here and there's not really a reasonable amount of time left in this day phase to be doing a deep read on multiple players.

Quote:
current reads:
kappa is town (or not wolf)
xiz is town
dbp is town
funky is (prolly) town

bugkid is null
haku is null

t-force is scum

oh shit hey i was writing this up but then i had work to do. hey guys
Have these changed for you at all since posting it/coming over to play in this game? I reckon bugkid is seeming more town-like for you because of how things have played out recently & wanting to look for bigger fish, which is the same conclusion I essentially ccame to, wonder if there's other stuff that might've changed.

FG has mentioned that both Xiz & Kappa are 'towny as fuk' and I've got the impression that Kappa/Xiz is pretty towny in nature both as lost town since their reads lists don't align very well with mine (and what I perceive is closely similar to the majority across both games minus my tunnels)

Lots of leak posts from FG mentioning their neighborhood w/ Xel that kinda screams 'I'm being pocketed' without context.

I think FG's reaction to tunneling storn as town and trying to defend people from voting on them played out terribly given storn is red now, but their current activity elsewhere in the game looks pretty clean after iso.

Directed to both Bolthy & FG, thoughts on pocketing in FG's neighborhood chat w/ Xel? I can probably pull up posts indicating some leaked opinions/context from that neighborhood but I'd like both an inside & outside opinion of that.

Quote:
oh shit sorry i didn't read all of your posts (no offense no offense i tend to just skim the long ones)

ok so

xiz- town
kappa- town
you- town
xel- town
bug- town (not my read thanks)
lewdy- town

cel- null
mcdaddio- null
haku - null
fatfuck42- null
cedo- null --> scum

freezin- scum
raeko- scum
(they're prolly not both scum tho so)
t-force- scum
ben - ?? // scum

dead folks
dbp- town
blind- town
storn- town lean
charu- town
roundbox- null
COOL updated reads. I see you're running into the exact same null on roundbox that I am. Is your reasoning for scumread on t-force specifically between DBP/force interaction, or some other reason? If some other, please hmu with why. Interested in that. You were asked this before, and didn't give a proper answer other than 'they're scum'. Also, raeko scumread for inactivity I presume?

Another good question to ask: Why do you think you died alongside cedolad & Xel (your neighborhood partner)? Something you said? Something you were becoming sure/certain of?

- Tosh 2014

Old 08-1-2021, 06:59 PM   #619
cedolad
moonchild~

Send a message via Skype™ to cedolad

Quote:
Thoughts on his counterargument that he was likely killed because he mentioned having a PR ability d0? He sent out a message mid-d0 in-thread stating that he needed to post at least once for his power, and was pretty convinced that's what got him killed that night.

Not putting it under ya to think in that direction, just in contrast to me, I wouldn't necessarily put a vote in either of them unless the ?? starts growing bigger for either of them.
That little blurb was so subtle when I first read it, I hardly paid any thought to it.
Old 08-1-2021, 07:07 PM   #620
gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedolad View Post
That little blurb was so subtle when I first read it, I hardly paid any thought to it.
Exactly what I though, but Charu felt pretty certain that was the sole reason that was what got him killed since he definitely couldn't have done it despite him sharing full role info the night of in OOTC before he died, which is why I kinda tunneled on that hard.

- Tosh 2014

Closed Thread