Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-7-2022, 11:02 PM   #261
jh05013
oh hi
Event StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Song Corrections Thread

Taken from HARDCORE TANO*C Bandcamp:
- The correct title of "to luv me i *** for u" is "to Luv me I *** for u."
- The correct title of "to luv me i *** for u (Reprise)" is "to Luv me, I *** for u. (reprise)" Note that the comma usage is different in the two songs.

Some more I found while I was making Heardle for FFR songs:
- "Play (BEAUZ Remix)" should be "PLAY (BEAUZ Remix)"
- All songs by Kola Kid should be lowercase (this affects "Spaceman", "Can't Hide Your Love", "Purple Drank", and "Timer")
- "Identity [Part 1]" and "Identity [Part 5]" are not two cuts of the same song, but two different songs. It seems part 1 is just titled "Identity" without the part label. Part 5 is titled "Identity part 5".
- "Anima" should be titled "ANiMA". Also, v1 uses the Deemo version, whereas v2 uses the full version.

Last edited by jh05013; 05-8-2022 at 01:53 AM..
jh05013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-9-2022, 08:13 PM   #262
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvl39 View Post
I recommend that Hungarian Dance No. 7 be moved to Legacy due to its severe sync issues.
That's not how Legacy genre works, with it only being used for songs that suffer from blue note syndrome, and aren't in a situation where it cannot be moved (e.g. Revolutionary Etude is a Skill Token. Moving it to Legacy would cause it to stop being a Skill Token, and then you have an issue of the void of where Revolutionary Etude used to be as a Skill Token. Same goes for Purchased / Secret songs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laplace View Post
Not quite a song correction, but trumaestro told me to bring it up here.

The tokens pertaining to average song rank seem to go off the average rank displayed at the bottom of levelranks rather than the average rank displayed on the profile, which I think should be made more clear in the token description if possible.
Sorry this took a very long time to get to, it likely jumped out of my view because I was suffering hard from COVID at the time, and didn't get back to it.

If you have tokens specific to average song rank, you're likely referring to event tokens/normal tokens. Not sure what would be a better solution to this problem, including text on the normal token page for it because you have to visit levelranks to unlock those anyway, or include them in the text field for the token themselves which would be more direct but may turn out quite bulky.

Outside of these, I've included all song corrections up to here.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 01:04 PM   #263
suicidaln00b
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

umm ACKTUALLY its coconut aventure not adventure

original title is kokonatsu abanchūru (ココナツ・アバンチュール), and according to jisho.org, abanchūru is just a french loan word that comes from "aventure", which specifically means "amorous adventure; love affair​" in japa-knees

if it was "coconut adventure" then it'd probably use the english loan word for adventure "adobenchā" (アドベンチャー) instead, which has the same definition as it does in english aka no amorous undertones to it

game literally unplayable if u dont fix this..........................................................................ok cya
suicidaln00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 01:11 PM   #264
gold stinger
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidaln00b View Post
umm ACKTUALLY its coconut aventure not adventure

original title is kokonatsu abanchūru (ココナツ・アバンチュール), and according to jisho.org, abanchūru is just a french loan word that comes from "aventure", which specifically means "amorous adventure; love affair​" in japa-knees

if it was "coconut adventure" then it'd probably use the english loan word for adventure "adobenchā" (アドベンチャー) instead, which has the same definition as it does in english aka no amorous undertones to it

game literally unplayable if u dont fix this..........................................................................ok cya
Game seemed pretty playable for the last 3 years since you've made the translation mistake :P

fixed.

- Tosh 2014

Old 06-12-2022, 01:16 PM   #265
suicidaln00b
FFR Player

nah bro swear on me mum some1 changed the title to adventure at some point even tho it was right at first

ty for change now i can finally play flash flash revolution
Old 06-12-2022, 04:30 PM   #266
tosh
O Derby, Where Art Thou?
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

yeah it was in-game as Coconut Aventure since release. though apparently it was changed to Adventure sometime within the past 9 months or so. I'm guessing it happened when the chart was bumped from 86 to 88 (in April).

at least it has been changed back so that the game is no longer unplayable for you.

Last edited by tosh; 06-12-2022 at 04:31 PM..
tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 07:29 PM   #267
gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidaln00b View Post
nah bro swear on me mum some1 changed the title to adventure at some point even tho it was right at first

ty for change now i can finally play flash flash revolution
Quote:
Originally Posted by tosh View Post
yeah it was in-game as Coconut Aventure since release. though apparently it was changed to Adventure sometime within the past 9 months or so. I'm guessing it happened when the chart was bumped from 86 to 88 (in April).

at least it has been changed back so that the game is no longer unplayable for you.
Leftover hiccup from re-linking project back in February. It was actually Coconut Adventure from then on through the difficulty change in April.

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-8-2022, 08:29 AM   #268
jh05013
oh hi

"Dummy!" is missing an exclamation mark.

EDIT: ✓

Last edited by jh05013; 07-8-2022 at 10:54 AM..
Old 07-8-2022, 12:48 PM   #269
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Also since Anima has it, Entrance should also be given the [Deemo Cut] tag. Even though the [Deemo] game altered it, that is the original cut used.

(I can actually elaborate here if you'd like.)

Last edited by XelNya; 07-8-2022 at 12:49 PM..
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-8-2022, 04:18 PM   #270
gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Also since Anima has it, Entrance should also be given the [Deemo Cut] tag. Even though the [Deemo] game altered it, that is the original cut used.

(I can actually elaborate here if you'd like.)
No need, I trust that people have either done their research or know what they're talking about before posting in here, or other community members will correct them if it's out of place, as others have done in this thread in the past.

Fixed.

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-9-2022, 05:42 PM   #271
James May
FFR Player

Just posting it in here before I forget, Kanon Kanon by t+paz should actually be イナバチャンナイトフィーバー ~ Kanon-Kanon; which in turn is translated to Inaba Chan Night Fever ~ Kanon-Kanon (at least according to google translate lmao, might be Inaba-chan Night Fever ~ Kanon-Kanon but I digress lmao)

(I know Kanon Kanon is the shorthand title but I've been a stickler for proper metadata for a bit and I only found out about the full title when looking through baq's file for it as well a few years back for Etterna)

sauce: https://www.discogs.com/release/7680...nlimited-Spark & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LkZKr_Y-yA

Last edited by James May; 07-9-2022 at 10:58 PM..
James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 12:25 AM   #272
gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
Just posting it in here before I forget, Kanon Kanon by t+paz should actually be イナバチャンナイトフィーバー ~ Kanon-Kanon; which in turn is translated to Inaba Chan Night Fever ~ Kanon-Kanon (at least according to google translate lmao, might be Inaba-chan Night Fever ~ Kanon-Kanon but I digress lmao)

(I know Kanon Kanon is the shorthand title but I've been a stickler for proper metadata for a bit and I only found out about the full title when looking through baq's file for it as well a few years back for Etterna)

sauce: https://www.discogs.com/release/7680...nlimited-Spark & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LkZKr_Y-yA
Fixed until someone has a better translation of it and comes forward with another change request.

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-10-2022, 12:54 AM   #273
jh05013
oh hi

- Brute Force should be brute force
- Critical Error should be Critical.Error
Old 07-10-2022, 02:16 AM   #274
gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh05013 View Post
- Brute Force should be brute force
- Critical Error should be Critical.Error
updated.

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-19-2022, 05:15 PM   #275
Eryyy
Godly
D8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Japan Style Breakcore!!! 2 should really be "Japan Style Breakcore - 2"

Even the reference listed for the song on the ffr wiki reflects this https://www.discogs.com/release/3089...Goreshit-Split

All other places on the internet show it as this too, only in-game does it follow v1's naming mechanism as far as I can see.
Old 07-22-2022, 05:57 PM   #276
gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryyy View Post
Japan Style Breakcore!!! 2 should really be "Japan Style Breakcore - 2"

Even the reference listed for the song on the ffr wiki reflects this https://www.discogs.com/release/3089...Goreshit-Split

All other places on the internet show it as this too, only in-game does it follow v1's naming mechanism as far as I can see.
okaey

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-23-2022, 03:02 AM   #277
suicidaln00b
FFR Player

hello my brothers in christ
Moss Cat Medley is mistranslated so pls change to either Kokeshineko Medley or Kokeshi Cat Medley
ok bye

original title of the song = kokeshineko medley
kokeshineko = kokeshi + neko
kokeshi = weird japanese doll (google it bro)
neko = cat
conclusion: kokeshineko = kokeshi doll that is a Cat..................................................................

mistranslation likely came from the word "koke" which means moss

here is further Proofs of the kokeshi cat, an artwork provided by the song author himself...........
https://soundcloud.com/chronoize/kokeshineko2
as u can tell it looks like Weird Cat Vibrator and not Mossy Cat

oh also i would prefer to use the transliterated title "Kokeshineko Medley" but if you are hellbent on using a translated title it'd be like "Kokeshi Cat Medley" (also "kokeshi" isnt really translatable as far as i know bro, so not much of a translation lol lmao)

final hyper nitpick: "-full-" isnt even in the original title lol, at least not in the bofu compilation album
https://gdbg.tv/release/2013-3-2
it just says コケシネコ・メドレー bro
Old 07-23-2022, 06:17 PM   #278
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

"if a file is distributed or advertised with a Japanese Transliterated name of it, then it's kept. If there's no such name or the name contains characters that can't be used in FFR, then it's on the Stepauthor to provide the closest English Translation of the name."

So since kokeshi is an actual thing (that doll), I'd agree with at the very least Kokeshi Cat Medley.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 11:42 PM   #279
gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
So since kokeshi is an actual thing (that doll), I'd agree with at the very least Kokeshi Cat Medley.
This is my same thoughts on it.

Updated.

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-25-2022, 10:39 AM   #280
Tru
e
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile Author

Trisection -> Trisection (Cowboys from FFT)
Trisection v2 -> Trisection (Cowboys from FFT) v2
Feldschlacht -> Feldschlacht (j.z. mix)
Ska de Chocobo -> Ska de Chocobo !! (Can confirm this is the correct title, not the Glome on the Tesseract album version Ska de Chocobo!! (Do Da Ska!))

Pulling these from an archive of the Glome website https://web.archive.org/web/20120705.../glome.bms.ms/

Debatable -> Change artist attributions on both Trisection files to just Glome. Hitoshi Sakimoto is the original composer on Final Fantasy Tactics (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitoshi_Sakimoto) and the FFR song is a remix. We haven't really been including the original composer in other video game remixes.

If changing the Trisection artist attribution, also remove Koji Kondo from SuperMario 8bit Eighties Remix

Last edited by Tru; 07-25-2022 at 10:42 AM..
Tru is offline   Reply With Quote