Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 12:27 PM   #61
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Default Re: House's Arcade Madness Tournament- II

Lol, I tried lvl 16 and stopped within 15 seconds...hurt my damn head.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:07 PM   #62
MarkHouseMD
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to MarkHouseMD

Hey there everybody, It's almost that time again the round is going to end. SO far I'm missing, posts from these people. Keep posting, I've lots of credits at stake and I'm not just giving them out. Do remember if I do not recieve a post I will eliminate you via, when you signed up:

Poopfartmonkeycrap
sumzup
lxdestinyxl
sk8it

Good Luck,
House
Old 04-28-2008, 04:29 PM   #63
Commandersa1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
hell no. game was awful.
I agree, half the time I was no where near the gold ball.

I died 10+ times on level 14 because of touching a random gold ball.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:37 AM   #64
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

you sent out a PM... yet didn't bump the thread.

*shrugs*

played the game.... once again, another unoriginal, uncreative game from House... got to level 8, about 300,000. photobucket is down, so i'll post the image tomorrow.

303,542 to be exact.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:40 AM   #65
MarkHouseMD
FFR Player

Geez, Tass you're hard to please
Old 04-29-2008, 02:01 AM   #66
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

i am an honest critic. i'll tell you exactly what i think about something. it's quite possible that we just have absolutely opposite opinions on what a good flash game is. but to me, it seems like you don't put that much effort into picking your games. you don't think about choosing games that people will enjoy playing/whoring, attempting to better their scores. or checking the games to see if they're fun and unique or just another attempt at a rather old game concept.

to me, the perfect game selections will be games that most people have never played before and yet will look forward to playing. then once they play them, they'll want to keep playing it (at least a few times) to try and improve. curveball is ok, i guess, it's just a REALLY old game, so it isn't original. round 2... had terrible hit detection, making speedrunning for a better score extremely frustrating to the point of not wanting to try. and this round... it's just another take on Bust-A-Move.

I happen to really like curveball... it is just too unoriginal for a tournament like this (plus you used it in your last tournament). Round 2... i really like games like that. I enjoy the Acno games, Chip's Challenge, and other speed-based puzzle platformers... but the hit detection on that game was AWFUL, which completely killed my ability to enjoy it. And I really do not like B-A-M games... not completely sure why, but probably for the same reason that I don't like Bejeweled or Mahjong games... there are TOO MANY clones of them, they're all the same, and they're very very mindless.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:16 AM   #67
lxDestinyxl
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lxDestinyxl

Eh, 2nd try.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Markhouse.JPG (49.7 KB, 37 views)
Old 04-29-2008, 08:59 AM   #68
Gun92
FFR Veteran

Tass...why don't you make a Flash game based tournament some times? Then there would be a really high standard to make these things awesome, not that I'm not having fun Mark, I am quite enjoying this tournament and still look forward to more of it, but Tass you can make one and then we will all know what some good flash games are, you know? Hell, Id run it for you if you pick the games and what not, considering I know your a rather busy man...or I could help. I just think that would be kinda epic.

I suck at this game.

Last edited by Gun92; 04-29-2008 at 09:45 AM..
Old 04-29-2008, 11:52 AM   #69
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Gun: I ran one back in October. And I tried to run another one in Feb, but not enough people were participating... so I canned it. I also didn't really have enough time to properly run it, but the lack of participation killed my motivation. Rubix also tried running his 2nd Omnipwn around the same time, and canned it for lack of participation as well.

I may try again with it over the summer.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:02 PM   #70
MarkHouseMD
FFR Player

Hey tass while you're doing all this complaining, you could submit that screen shot you were telling me about last night.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:13 PM   #71
Gun92
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
Gun: I ran one back in October. And I tried to run another one in Feb, but not enough people were participating... so I canned it. I also didn't really have enough time to properly run it, but the lack of participation killed my motivation. Rubix also tried running his 2nd Omnipwn around the same time, and canned it for lack of participation as well.

I may try again with it over the summer.
Ah, I didn't know that, I wasn't actively playing back in October and I'm sad I missed the one in Feb. Ill defiantly join it when you make it, these types of things are fun and refreshing from what most tournaments are derived.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:34 PM   #72
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

maybe if you took what i said as constructive criticism instead of complaining, you'd improve the quality of your tournament.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:46 PM   #73
MarkHouseMD
FFR Player

Hey maybe i've been looking for decent games, and maybe have found some, I'm just saving them. What websites would you recommend to look at Tass
Old 04-29-2008, 01:55 PM   #74
EI_Tizzy
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Kongregate. End.
After poop, it seems like all the places are filled. Awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breedwell
Norway is going to rape. Seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr
They're too expensive. Like your English hookers. Cost too much. Stick to good 'ol fashion cheap hookers. We offer them in Sweden too ^^
Old 04-29-2008, 01:58 PM   #75
MarkHouseMD
FFR Player

Hey Tyler, Mow your damn lawn and get over here
Old 04-29-2008, 02:32 PM   #76
EI_Tizzy
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Hey Mark.

Make better tournaments.

Or pick better games
After poop, it seems like all the places are filled. Awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breedwell
Norway is going to rape. Seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr
They're too expensive. Like your English hookers. Cost too much. Stick to good 'ol fashion cheap hookers. We offer them in Sweden too ^^
Old 04-29-2008, 02:34 PM   #77
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Armorgames usually has a decent selection. Kongregate as well, and Newgrounds. You'll find tons of interesting games at those sites.

IMO the key is to pick new games that people may have not played before that are, at the same time, decent and challenging. If you choose to pick old games, then at least pick ones that have some rave value to them (e.g. Chip's Challenge, or any other game that many people have played and loved over the years). Mindless games or games with a ton of repetition aren't very fun and don't really provide incentive for competing hardcore-style. Also, try to steer clear of games that have clunky controls or hit detection. Not being able to finish a game because of a glitch or crappy movement scheme is maddening. Stick to higher quality stuff.

I tried to pick really good games for my first Omnipwn tournament. Check that out if you want an idea of how I hosted it. My second tournament had limited participation and I wasn't as excited about it, and as a result, my game selection was very half-assed and apathetic, as I didn't take the time to choose interesting games like I did beforehand. Of course, I'm merely speaking for myself here, but I think a lot of people had fun in the tournament and enjoyed the game selection in the first Omnipwn tournament (at least from what I see -- if anyone disagrees, please let me know, lol).

If there's anything I learned from hosting a tournament, it's that you really have to be active and excited about it. You have to update often, and you have to put some decent effort into looking for interesting games that you yourself would love to play and whore out in a competition. If any of those factors is at a low, then the tournament tends to lull and fall apart.

On that note, I hope to have more time this summer to really run a decent tournament. It takes a lot of time, imo.

Last edited by MrRubix; 04-29-2008 at 02:39 PM..
Old 04-29-2008, 03:25 PM   #78
MarkHouseMD
FFR Player

Yeah see, that is why I usually ask people for websites, because I don't spend an enormous amount of time playing games on the computer.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:12 AM   #79
pmonibuv1
yes
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to pmonibuv1 Send a message via Skype™ to pmonibuv1

the game wont load for my computer for any website. for freearcade, it doesnt load and for other websites, it doesnt load. WAT DO I DOOOO!!!!
FMO AAA's (55): Rottel-Da-Station, Church Bells, Arrogant Cobbler, Grocery Escape Plan, Disconnected Hardkore, Minute Waltz v2, Battle Theme #37, Flight of the Bumblebee, Midnight Dragon, Jeanie and Caroline, Blue-Violet, Puzzle, Kyrie, 300, Largiloquent Dithyramb, Brandish Headless, Going On Spring Wind, Novo Mundo, Gacha Gacha Hertz Figu atto Radio, Starwolf, Melonman's OP, Summer Time Perfume, Perfect Cherry Storm, Hajnal, Epidermis, Strangeprogram, Thrash, Lawn Wake I (LW EP Edit), Choprite, AIM Anthem, Dance and Zeal, Kanon Medley ~Metal Wings~, Clockwork, JULIA, Heavenly Spores, Distorted God, Radio Heads, Epilogue, Spoils, Ripoff, Since 1983, A FLOWER GARDEN, The earth blew up, Phalanx, Chronograph, Black Key Etude, Trinity, super mario bros theme (original NES is awesome), Jack-The-Ripper, Poppin' Shower, cheerful forest, Trisection v2, Devilz Staircase, Colibri, Club

FGO AAA's (2): Time To Eye, The Bird's Concrete Nosedive

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old 04-30-2008, 08:02 AM   #80
lxDestinyxl
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lxDestinyxl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmonibuv1 View Post
the game wont load for my computer for any website. for freearcade, it doesnt load and for other websites, it doesnt load. WAT DO I DOOOO!!!!
You check you have the correct installments eg. Java, Shockwave player, etc...