Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Contested Chart Difficulties
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-7-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default FREEDOM DiVE - [88 or 87]

Let's start things off with a bit of stats before I get into specifics, shall we?

Difficulty: 88
Release Date: 12-20-11
Song Length: 2:26
Number of AAAs: 3
Number of FCs: 30
Number of Players: 103
# of Times Played: 1,908

Here is the NPS for Freedom Dive, capping off at 31, maintaining at least 10 NPS for 90% of the file.

Slashmaid Stats:
Difficulty: 87
Release Date: 12-20-11
Song Length: 3:00
Number of AAAs: 5
Number of FCs: 37
Number of Players: 1,212
# of Times Played: 5,007

Now let's look at Slashmaid's (Looking like it'll be moved up to 88, but regardless, is a good example), Maxing at 32 NPS, but pretty consistently over 14NPS With spikes all over the place.

Eclipse Solar Stats:
Difficulty: 88
Release Date: 03-29-08
Song Length: 1:55
Number of AAAs: 4
Number of FCs: 444
Number of Players: 35,018
# of Times Played: 270,223

And one more, this is the picture from Eclipse Solar. Maxing off at only 23 (albeit with ridiculously awkward patterns) and generally staying between 10 to 14 NPS.

Now let's get a little specific.

I'll start where the 16ths come in. (this general area, not just the pic)

This entire section is incredibly lenient with pattern choice. The majority of it is just staircase patterns with a few jumps placed in that can be force-split easily if need be.

Then you got yourself a lovely break roughly 300 notes long.

In the 16th runs there are some polyrhythm patterns like this which are easily jumptrillable. It may not look perfect, but on this one (dunno if the others are the same, at least one kind of jumptrill applies to each however.) a simple [14][23] jumptrill does the trick.

At 1300 you get another 10-15 second break

And finally at the end you have yourself frame-perfect 32nd roll ending in a [14] jump

All in all, this file is incredibly lenient. I would have made the title 86 and not 87, but the length of the file/nerves do kick in a lil bit, balancing it out at 87.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
Old 09-7-2012, 03:25 PM   #2
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FREEDOM DiVE - [88 or 87]

Yet another one of those Jamais Vu-esque do-or-don't types of files. I originally had this as 87 but bumped it up after talking to a few people.

NPS looks like something that should definitely be at least 88, if not 89 or higher, but the entire file is predominantly 222bpm dense jumpstream with the occasional bar of polyrhythms (I think that polyrhythmic part occurs four times throughout the file). At 222bpm, there are very, very, very few three-frame 16th gaps in the jumpstream, and having 99% of the jumpstream set as even two-frame intervals makes things much easier than it could've been considering how FFR sets up its frames. Another thing to note is that the patterns in FD are much more friendly than the horrible anchored one-handed bs that appears in Jamais Vu. There should rightfully be at least a five point gap between those two files (take into consideration that Jamais Vu should be 91/92 atm, not 93). The ending 32nd roll, although ending on a [14] jump that forces a minijack if jumptrilling, contains only one-frame intervals between subsequent 32nds, making it very easy to jumptrill as you'll always have two frames to accurately place your synthesized jump. The exact same pattern is featured in Tenimuhou, although that wall appears near the beginning of the file rather than being its climactic finish, and as a result, FD's wall will definitely strike more nerves for a player than the one appearing in the first 400 notes of Teni.

All in all, if you can read the file, it isn't anywhere near as difficult to PA as the other 88s. 87's the better fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno

Last edited by One Winged Angel; 09-7-2012 at 03:31 PM..
Old 09-7-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

I dunno about you guys, but Solar and Slashmaid don't tire out my hands nearly as quickly as Freedom Dive. Freedom Dive should stay at 88 or move up, and/or Slashmaid should go chill with Solar and Freedom Dive.
Old 09-7-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

There are indeed 4 polyrhythm sections and they all have easy patterns. They're either two different speed trills, one on each hand (the one in your picture is this pattern), or a rollable kind of thing. I made sure of that.

The final roll is nerve-wracking as **** (a fact I've been reminded of by more than a few people) but it IS frame-perfect. The hard part is the transition to the final jump and of course the nerves.

It's honestly not nearly as bad as its NPS suggests- I can read it fine but my stamina fails me in the last 2 JS sections. It doesn't seem as hard as the 88+ files to me, but then again someone with my skill level is not exactly the target demographic of a file this hard haha

Last edited by hi19hi19; 09-7-2012 at 04:16 PM..
Old 09-7-2012, 04:20 PM   #5
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

Honestly, I don't think Freedom Dive is easier than Solar at all.
Keep in mind I came 20th in D4 this year.

I don't have a replay of Slashmaid or I'd post it too for reference, but honestly, Freedom Dive > Solar & Slashmaid imo. Slash should get bumped too since it's just stamina draining as hell. That's another post for another thread though.

Last edited by Pseudo Enigma; 09-7-2012 at 04:27 PM..
Old 09-7-2012, 04:28 PM   #6
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Pseudo it's simply cuz you're not fast enough for FD, Eclipse is all about the crazy stream and the 2nd half nerves.
Old 09-7-2012, 04:30 PM   #7
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

simply because it requires more stamina and speed it should be above Solar. That is all I came here to prove, nothing more. I'll stay out of it from here on and let you guys decide.
Old 09-7-2012, 04:36 PM   #8
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Enigma View Post
simply because it requires more stamina and speed it should be above Solar. That is all I came here to prove, nothing more. I'll stay out of it from here on and let you guys decide.
Actually, it doesn't require more speed than Eclipse because the 32nds stream is way faster and weirder to hit. Also, like I said, when you have the speed to do FD, you realize that Slashmaid drains stamina a Lot more and that FD is pretty friendly and lenient like others said.
Old 09-7-2012, 06:11 PM   #9
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I've never played the file cause I do badly in tourney's, so I can't really help here. But from what I've seen, it seems EXTREMELY dense and draining, but not as butt f'ing gay as Slashmaid. When I originally saw the chart, I didn't think it was gonna be an 88. The jumpstream is dense but it doesn't seem to require any of the specific skill sets other FGO's require, really it's just stamina, reading, and speed. So I'm fine for 87, but whatever you guys want to do, I haven't played the file.
You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)
Old 09-7-2012, 07:13 PM   #10
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

I'd say this is 87, it's really another do or don't file like Rob said. The NPS might look threatening, but in actual fact it's only like 222 BPM dense jumpstream for a minute or so total, which is doable for the most part, and sounds reasonable to be 87 material. The patterns aren't one hand biased or anything, and I feel that the two things that you have to worry about is stamina and the ending roll.

Ending roll is hard (>_________>), but it really isn't all that bad to make it 88.

Also hi19 step the full version of FD plz ;_;

Last edited by EzExZeRo7497; 09-7-2012 at 07:21 PM..
Old 09-7-2012, 07:16 PM   #11
mrpreggers
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Everything is hard until you can do it.. great.
Old 09-7-2012, 09:12 PM   #12
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

I mean I guess you guys know best since you know how hard it is to control your stream in them, but seriously I still don't think it's nearly as hard for the 90% of FFR population as FD.

then again, no skill is kind of a blinder.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:25 AM   #13
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Bumping down to 87. Despite what non-D6 players might think (I'm not trying to discredit you guys or anything -- although some of you agree that yes, this isn't as difficult as the other 88s), it truly is the better fit for this file. Yes, it's stamina draining, but it's nowhere near as difficult to PA as the patterns that present themselves in the 88s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno

Last edited by One Winged Angel; 09-12-2012 at 01:35 AM..
Closed Thread