Old 12-7-2008, 02:46 PM   #1
zhul4nder
FFR Player

Default Forgetting about Love.

How do I forget about Love? I want my obsession for this one boy to stop. Things aren't working out...he doesn't like me, his friends don't like me, and he as a 'douche' reputation. I keep coming back for his cute smile, his occasionally crudely humorous jokes, and his musicianship. I stare rejection straight in the face but I don't know how to come to grips that he doesn't want a friend that thinks he's sexy.

I constantly get the urges to talk with him, tell him how I feel and how it feels impossible to forget about those qualities about him. Maybe that would be too extreme, but I feel that it's only after I talk with him about these things that it will make things right again.

But I'm horribly afraid about the bullying. The last time I tried this, he started to bully me and made fun of me for liking him. I assumed that it was an attempt to dislodge my obsession for him but to no avail, I still fell back into love's grip.

Though the bullying has stopped, every time I look at him or he looks at me, my heart aches. To me, the world dims slightly and it just feels like a fruitless future. The moments that could have happened, the intimate relationship could have had, the laughs that we could have laughed together...Those thoughts in conjunction with the thought that those moments would never happen I believe is the source of this obsession.

I want to forget about love. I want to live my life before it becomes too dark to see anything. How, how do I forget about him? How do I confront my fears about talking with him? How do I deal with his hatred toward me? How will I deal with the hatred I will have for him once this ordeal is over?

yea, I realize that he isn't worth it. Faking not liking him...I think that would make me think about him even more. And when I do break, I'll be considered a liar. I want to be real with my emotions. The problem is that I'm too afraid of getting hurt again...so afraid that I refuse to try to get to know the person more...the only way that I'll be able to focus on his negatives. I'll need to find a strategy on how to approach him without me feeling like I'm jumping off a cliff. Usually, what happens when I do try, my brain freezes and my mouth stops working. Then my body wants to run away as fast as possible.

One more thing to clarify...

I am a guy. Yes, I like men.

[url=http://www.narutoflow.com/character-quiz/]Take the Naruto Character

for brawlers: 2836-1905-4019
I don't know how well it'll work, but give me a add , or pm me so i can add you.
zhul4nder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2008, 02:49 PM   #2
PlaceboFX
FFR Player

Default Re: Forgetting about Love.

I am certain are going to get flamed for this. Don't take it personally.

There is a stickied thread that you can take refuge in and ask for relationship advice...but even that isn't completely safe.

Real spiders wear their hats on their butts.

Last edited by PlaceboFX; 12-7-2008 at 02:53 PM..
PlaceboFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2008, 02:50 PM   #3
Tater Tot
FFR Player

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...=63794&page=20

Go here for the thread he was talking about.
It'll take you straight to the last page.

Also, You'll probably be able to forget about him if you just stop focusing on him.

All images are links, click one and have fun!
Tater Tot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2008, 02:54 PM   #4
pokelda
⁽ ´ཀ`⁾
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to pokelda Send a message via MSN to pokelda Send a message via Yahoo to pokelda

ha ha you're gay
Old 12-7-2008, 02:59 PM   #5
zhul4nder
FFR Player

oh noez.

[url=http://www.narutoflow.com/character-quiz/]Take the Naruto Character

for brawlers: 2836-1905-4019
I don't know how well it'll work, but give me a add , or pm me so i can add you.
zhul4nder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2008, 03:58 PM   #6
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokelda View Post
ha ha you're gay
I love people who can ironically mock themselves while mocking others. It shows character.

Anyway, as I am hoping this will be moved to the relationship thread.

Quote:
How do I forget about Love?
Baby don't hurt me.

Quote:
I want my obsession for this one boy to stop. Things aren't working out...he doesn't like me, his friends don't like me, and he as a 'douche' reputation. I keep coming back for his cute smile, his occasionally crudely humorous jokes, and his musicianship.
Everyone loves an asshole. It's just unfortunate that you doubly love assholes so it goes hand in hand (so to speak) that you would love this guy if he acts like the one body part you find most intimately attractive.

Quote:
I stare rejection straight in the face but I don't know how to come to grips that he doesn't want a friend that thinks he's sexy.
That isn't a valid argument. I mean with that logic you should be able to walk up to Brad Pitt and tell him he's sexy and he'll fall instantly in love with you. It does not matter what the person thinks of you, if you think differently about them then you won't want to be with them.

Quote:
I constantly get the urges to talk with him, tell him how I feel and how it feels impossible to forget about those qualities about him. Maybe that would be too extreme, but I feel that it's only after I talk with him about these things that it will make things right again.
That's just what every guy wants to hear, a whiny git crying on about his feelings.

Quote:
But I'm horribly afraid about the bullying. The last time I tried this, he started to bully me and made fun of me for liking him. I assumed that it was an attempt to dislodge my obsession for him but to no avail, I still fell back into love's grip.
Asshole is what asshole does.

Quote:
Though the bullying has stopped, every time I look at him or he looks at me, my heart aches.
Alas other things shall never ache, betrothed in perilous love.

Quote:
To me, the world dims slightly and it just feels like a fruitless future. The moments that could have happened, the intimate relationship could have had, the laughs that we could have laughed together...Those thoughts in conjunction with the thought that those moments would never happen I believe is the source of this obsession.
I worry how devoid of intelligence you actually are. Personally I can see from a mile away that you are merely following the tired old mantra of "what you cannot have you want". It is quite pathetic.

Quote:
I want to forget about love. I want to live my life before it becomes too dark to see anything.
I'm sorry to hear you're going blind but life goes on.

Quote:
How, how do I forget about him? How do I confront my fears about talking with him? How do I deal with his hatred toward me? How will I deal with the hatred I will have for him once this ordeal is over?
How many questions does it take to lick the point of these questions.

One lick. Two licks. Oh wait, that isn't happening. Anyway.

Quote:
If I were a girl this would be around the point where the guy stops listening and starts seeing monkeys throwing poo at people, hahaha, monkeys are so funny with their little tails and unashamed attitudes, hehe, poo.
TheRapingDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2008, 04:56 PM   #7
OrganisM
FFR Player

Uh oh, somebody call the WAHHHHHHHMBULANCE

OH GOD THE PAIN IT HURTS I WANT TO PORK SO BAD NO PLZ DONT HURT ME, DUN HURT ME, NO MOAR

PS - you're young and naive, just like the rest of us, only some of us have developed a little bit of sense: there's plenty of fish in the sea, and it's not likely this person is that special. so stop whining and find somebody else. or at least keep your whining to yourself. I'm going through a situation that's a lot worse, and you don't hear me whining about it on FFR.

Originally Posted by jewpinthethird[link]:
"If you get stung by enough bees you turn into a bee,
because the venom gets into the blood stream which
spreads bee DNA throughout your entire body...
changing your genetic structure into a bee's.

Every year roughly 125 people in America are turned into bees this way."

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:
"Do you basically bukkake-paint your walls every time you jack it?"

Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz[link]:
"My pity-sex depreciates at a rate of 5% annually."
OrganisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2008, 05:40 PM   #8
Jokee
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Jokee

Only time will heal these wounds.

Talking with experience. =/
Old 12-7-2008, 06:12 PM   #9
DoctorSerpentine
Banned

Is it just me or does every single post by organism contain the same goddamn pun
DoctorSerpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2008, 07:10 PM   #10
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganisM View Post
I'm going through a situation that's a lot worse, and you don't hear me whining about it on FFR.
Yet you still felt the need to mention this as a form of comparison as if we cared about your attempt at validating your post.
Old 12-7-2008, 10:47 PM   #11
OrganisM
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRapingDragon View Post
I am being an unmitigated tool and then trying to call you on it
Oh, how thou art cold and distant from me
And how mine ears, in shock, hath recoiled, then
In sadness I can only turn away
At a loss from having lost your favor.

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:

Old 12-7-2008, 10:56 PM   #12
~HentaiXXX~
Banned

Send a message via MSN to ~HentaiXXX~

Let's get along children.
~HentaiXXX~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2008, 11:06 PM   #13
OrganisM
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by KgZ View Post
shouldn't this be in relationships thread
Absolutely, that's a given. Though if I put up any argument with the thread, somehow I'm the bad guy.

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:

Old 12-7-2008, 11:17 PM   #14
OrganisM
FFR Player

I do make an effort to contribute and wish I would be treated with that in mind. But I suppose every place need a guy they love to hate, though I would think this forum has plenty of them already.

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:

Old 12-8-2008, 09:18 AM   #15
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

Organism - Stop being so serious. I dislike people who try to presume they are hated when we are merely joking around. If anybody hated someone else on the internet I would call them a pathetic loser.
Old 12-8-2008, 09:54 AM   #16
giganutsauce
Banned

Let's post failures at gay relationships on a DDR simulator website.
giganutsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2008, 09:59 AM   #17
1mpuls3
Impulsive By Nature
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhul4nder View Post
How do I forget about Love? I want my obsession for this one boy to stop. Things aren't working out...he doesn't like me, his friends don't like me, and he as a 'douche' reputation. I keep coming back for his cute smile, his occasionally crudely humorous jokes, and his musicianship. I stare rejection straight in the face but I don't know how to come to grips that he doesn't want a friend that thinks he's sexy.

Though the bullying has stopped, every time I look at him or he looks at me, my heart aches. To me, the world dims slightly and it just feels like a fruitless future. The moments that could have happened, the intimate relationship could have had, the laughs that we could have laughed together...Those thoughts in conjunction with the thought that those moments would never happen I believe is the source of this obsession.

I want to forget about love. I want to live my life before it becomes too dark to see anything. How, how do I forget about him? How do I confront my fears about talking with him? How do I deal with his hatred toward me? How will I deal with the hatred I will have for him once this ordeal is over?

yea, I realize that he isn't worth it. Faking not liking him...I think that would make me think about him even more. And when I do break, I'll be considered a liar. I want to be real with my emotions. The problem is that I'm too afraid of getting hurt again...so afraid that I refuse to try to get to know the person more...the only way that I'll be able to focus on his negatives. I'll need to find a strategy on how to approach him without me feeling like I'm jumping off a cliff. Usually, what happens when I do try, my brain freezes and my mouth stops working. Then my body wants to run away as fast as possible.

One more thing to clarify...

I am a guy. Yes, I like men.

If you are 18 or younger get over it. It just a relationship if the person is being a dipsh1t get the hell out of it and stop being an idiot. Move on big deal. It is only your younger years a test run for when you are older. If you are older than that sucks but you still got to get your head out of your ass (or his dick out of your ass) and move the fuk on. Seriously. I might sound harsh and mean but im just being honest.

1mpuls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2008, 10:53 AM   #18
Tibs
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Tibs

Tibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2008, 11:11 AM   #19
Patricoo
FFR Player

Allow me, an adult, to give you a legitimate answer.

Wanna be able to move on? Stop talking to him.

No really. Stop. Completely. Stop trying to contact this person through facebook or myspace. Stop talking to them in a friend none of voice hoping that maybe the person will come around in some point of weakness in the future. Stop pretending that you can be just friends and understand the painful realization that talking to said person only perpetuates your paranoia and obsession. Don't talk to them on Aim. Barely acknowledge them in the halls and consider even being an ass in order to continue breaking down the friendship.

This sort of one-sided friendship never works and isn't healthy. Whatever you do, don't rationalize being friends with said person because you'll only get hurt.
Old 12-8-2008, 12:54 PM   #20
OrganisM
FFR Player

One sided love
Is never gonna work
So let me tell you something
That' I'm sure you've never heard of
Tender love and care
In case you're unaware
So I tell you what
Let me tell you where it's at
Hit me with your best shot

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]: