Old 05-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #161
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Diablo 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonid View Post
Had major trouble beating Butcher in nightmare diff.. Died like a dozen times before beating maybe i need more lvl/hp/dps/etc or i just suck
Probably just a gear issue.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:44 AM   #162
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MaxGhost

Funniest thing I've seen since launch.
MaxGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:07 AM   #163
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to darklordsarumon9 Send a message via Skype™ to darklordsarumon9

No.
No.
No.
I need your help.
No.
No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cetaka View Post
whats namine like in person
darklordsarumon9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:10 AM   #164
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

No.
That was hilarious btw.

Last edited by Coolboyrulez0; 05-28-2012 at 01:14 AM..
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:50 AM   #165
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MaxGhost

Kinda offtopic rofl but this is the music from that video, I want it stepped for FFR omg. it's so good.
MaxGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #166
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
if by yet you mean anymore

cause you know

gem market was available on day 1

Then it was changed. I was going off a response I personally got from several members of the D3 forum. All commodities are off the market for economic reasons apparently.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:56 AM   #167
bluguerrilla
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bluguerrilla

Higher order gems cost SO MUCH to make and for seemingly so little (except on helms).
Old 05-29-2012, 06:29 AM   #168
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerrilla View Post
Higher order gems cost SO MUCH to make and for seemingly so little (except on helms).
min/maxing
Old 05-29-2012, 07:31 AM   #169
Izzy
Snek

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerrilla View Post
60% increased crit damage on weapon.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:46 AM   #170
omega_grunt666
Nescio quid faciam
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
its not stat combinations that are ridiculous it's the horrible tuning bliz did on trash in inferno

basically passed act 2 its impossible to kill anything except act bosses which is unbelievably stupid

I just beat inferno Belial the other day and once the servers are back up, I'm gonna continue through act 3. You obviously rushed inferno like it was just another difficulty without gearing up first if you can't kill anything but bosses (Which are honestly the easiest part of inferno).

Another good way to progress is with friends who play different classes, a good group should have a front-line damage soaking melee and some ranged high-dps support. Then there's almost nothing you can't kill.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with farming act 1 for a day or two before attempting act 2, once you have some gear or gold to buy gear, you should notice a significant drop in "difficulty".

<- 47k Buffed Damage wizard / 33k Kite spec

I'll add my battletag to this post once any of blizzards games are back up from maintenance, I honestly can't remember Jerot#15xx or something. I'm more than willing to help anyone who is having trouble in any difficulty. Just make sure you let me know you're from here. (I can also take you to the pony level up to hell, or find Developement Hell for you, if you want [Smash, Jay Smash!] FoS.)

*Edit*

Jerot#1523 , I'll help with anything except inferno belial. Just add me/mention ffr.

Last edited by omega_grunt666; 05-29-2012 at 01:16 PM..
omega_grunt666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:55 AM   #171
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

sounds like a bad case of tiered gear grind, if ya ask me
Old 05-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #172
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Maybe it's just cause we're running 2 wiz 1 DH but playing in a group is much harder for me. We basically dodged every elite mob or kited them to some dead end and kept going (granted all of us have rather low grade gear) At least solo you can go through most normal mobs easily enough even without farming. Elites are just a lottery either way.

I'm currently having trouble doing inferno belial. My gear is basically shit (I'm a wiz with 25k life 13k dps and <6k armor, <200 resist) but phase 1 is easily doable with the right skillset. Phase 2 gets rather troublesome and while I believe it's possible for me, it'd take a pretty perfect run. I haven't made it to the big ol' dude yet but I imagine just about all of phase 3 attacks would p much instagib me but phase 3 is probably the most predictable.

There's definitely some kind of gear issue with act II. I dunno how you're farming, but I don't believe that farming act I for 1 day is going to give you close to enough money/items to be prepared for act II without piling up death repair bills.
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Wineandbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:38 AM   #173
omega_grunt666
Nescio quid faciam
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wineandbread View Post
I don't believe that farming act I for 1 day is going to give you close to enough money/items to be prepared for act II without piling up death repair bills.
Well you can pick yourself up a 900+ dps staff for >100k, which is easily farm-able. That should give you a noticeable boost in dps.

As for your group comp, you definitely want a melee with you guys, because just running Wiz/DH you're going to have problems with traits like Mortar, Vortex, Jailer, ect and have nothing to help you against them. With a melee you can deal with anything they have problems with easily, and vice-versa. Not to mention in a 4 player group, mob stats are only +325% (Making it easier per-person in a well coordinated group)

As for belial, what skills are you running? I would recommend a Blizzard/Nova/Diamond skin/Venom Hydra build. Once you get into phase 3, stick towards the bottom right.

The attacks are fairly easy to dodge, if he drops the circle on top of you just run out and move back in after the attack. If its to your left then hes doing the 3-hit and you have to run to the left side of the crater his first hit leaves, and once the other two hit, run back.

If your at the bottom right then his breath shouldn't hit you but you might have to move a little if it starts from the left side because it reaches out further (you can also just diamond skin through it) and finally his AoE spam, is probably one of the more annoying things to dodge but just keep in mind you can cross over circles before they explode, it wont hurt you. just keep focused on which are exploding when and you should be fine. (There is also more room to dodge towards the center, so try running that way)
Old 05-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #174
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Also stuck at Inferno Belial with DH (actually haven't tried to solo). Farming will obviously help, but not sure if it's going to be good enough to make a difference. 50k dps/30k hp/150res/4000 armor etc. Everything is still somehow one shotting me. This is making phase 1 a tag game which goes against me when Belial gets in the way and tank damage from mobs that keep spawning. Phase 2 is probably not too bad due to movement skills.

Edit: 2 additional maintenance hours ftw.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 05-29-2012 at 01:22 PM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #175
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega_grunt666 View Post
I just beat inferno Belial the other day and once the servers are back up, I'm gonna continue through act 3. You obviously rushed inferno like it was just another difficulty without gearing up first if you can't kill anything but bosses (Which are honestly the easiest part of inferno).

Another good way to progress is with friends who play different classes, a good group should have a front-line damage soaking melee and some ranged high-dps support. Then there's almost nothing you can't kill.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with farming act 1 for a day or two before attempting act 2, once you have some gear or gold to buy gear, you should notice a significant drop in "difficulty".

<- 47k Buffed Damage wizard / 33k Kite spec

I'll add my battletag to this post once any of blizzards games are back up from maintenance, I honestly can't remember Jerot#15xx or something. I'm more than willing to help anyone who is having trouble in any difficulty. Just make sure you let me know you're from here. (I can also take you to the pony level up to hell, or find Developement Hell for you, if you want [Smash, Jay Smash!] FoS.)
did you just quote me from 9 days ago

because i'm sure my gear status and general view of the game is exactly the same 14 days after release as 5 days after release

rofl.

anyway, if i wanted your advice on how to slowly clear inferno and farm crap gear in act 1 instead of having farmed a4/secret level gear and making 6+ mil a day for the last week i would have asked you but thx anyway i will certainly take ur most excellent and generously given advice into consideration

haku find a monk or a barb to duo with and just spam elemental arrow with nether tentacles, autowin belial
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #176
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers View Post
sounds like a bad case of tiered gear grind, if ya ask me
welcome to diablo

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #177
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

@omega: The two friends who I usually party with never don't want to play melee and I'm too lazy to level and gear my barb xd

While it's nice to have a variety of classes, I don't think it should be necessary for partying. We're just bad I guess

I can't even get to phase 3 yet xd, like I said before I don't expect phase 3 to be the most difficult part of the fight

This is what I'm running for Belial atm:

- Nova w/ CDR
- Blizzard w/ 20 AP
- Teleport with decoys
- Force armor
- Venom Hydra
- Diamond skin w/ increased damage absorption

For any wizards, do you guys run a slow 2H or a 1H and offhand? I find that I can run a 2H and hit pretty hard with blizz and hydra (and they aren't affected by IAS so I hear), but there is a definitely delay in initial cast time that I just can't seem to get used to.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Old 05-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #178
hi19hi19
lol happy

I've been thinking that a 2H would be better because like you said some abilities don't scale with IAS and do scale with base weapon damage.

Using 1H and source at the moment though because i found a killer 1H with the same weapon damage as my 2H I was using (lol)

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #179
Izzy
Snek

stuck at belial on inferno. Need to farm gold for something like a 1400 dps weapon and some other various stuff.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #180
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Lookin' badass Izzy (o: