Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Contested Chart Difficulties
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Feldschlacht [10 or 11]

How the **** can this and Vertex Beta both be considered borderline? lol absolutely no comparison whatsoever IMO.

This song is absolutely BRUTAL for a 10, with lots of grace notes, odd patterns, trills leading into tricky transitions, strange minijacks, and to top it off it's quite lengthy (longer then VB and consistently tricky)

With songs like Puzzle and Novo Mundo as FMOs, this simply does not fit in as a VC. When compared to songs like BRWP and VB, other "borderline" files, this isn't even close.

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #2
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Feldschlacht [10 or 11]

I've agreed with this being FMO for a while, IMO this is the absolute hardest VC no comparison, even with BRWP. When I first played this song I was shocked. I've said many times why this song is absolutely absurd for a VC. However it DOES work as a benchmark, but none of this matters because we have a new difficulty system coming out anyways.
You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)
Old 05-25-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player

If I remember the chart correctly, I think this should be an FMO. There are segments of jumpstream here and there which are arguably harder than most of the current low FMOs. There are jacks that makes this file much more tricky, especially at awkward patterns like 4[34]. Then there is that tricky transition from the 24th rolls to the 12th jacks. Most of the mentioned patterns are of difficulty high VC to me, but the combination of these patterns is, in my opinion, enough to consider it a low FMO.

Not part of my argument and more or less, a fun fact: Minus the newer releases, this was my last VC I needed to AAA to get 1-10's AAA'd. I'm sure this stands for a good number of people here too haha.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
Riotpolice
"Reach For The Stars"
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Riotpolice Send a message via Skype™ to Riotpolice

I have similar problems with this song, I don't even have the FC for it yet. +1 vote FMO.
Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0de View Post
im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #5
bob bob
This Is How We Do It~
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bob bob Send a message via MSN to bob bob Send a message via Skype™ to bob bob

I always thought this file wasn't that bad for a 10 , but maybe it was just me

Generally people struggle with this file though, so It could be a 11
5th Place: 7th Official Tournament D5

Old 05-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #6
Mike Weedmark
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I say keep it VC. It's just... ****ing easy. It doesn't make me feel panicky the way FMOs do.

But uh since the entire difficulty system is being revamped soon, I'd say this thread is irrelevant for a bit haha.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:20 PM   #7
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

It still has it's relevance as they can still fix the new difficulty accordingly.

Also how is this not an fmo, comboing this is a ****ing nightmare, i can't imagine trying to aaa this.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #8
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
It still has it's relevance as they can still fix the new difficulty accordingly.

Also how is this not an fmo, comboing this is a ****ing nightmare, i can't imagine trying to aaa this.
It was a harder AAA for me than Eradication, it's just so technical and has so many good traps. As I've said I've written paragraphs about it before. For the new difficulties I feel we have properly placed this song
You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)
Old 05-25-2012, 07:38 PM   #9
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

Yes, this file is a bitch to PA: I just got 13-0-0-6 on it and that's apparently good enough for rank 147. In my opinion, most of the good "borderline" files have this quality, as well as a few patterns one expects to deal with in the next higher difficulty--namely, what everyone's whining about.

If vertex beta is the borderline FMO for streams, Southern Cross for jumpstream, K8107 for anchors and trills, this would be the borderline file for grace notes and 24th three-note rolls that one deals with in many FMOs like Midnight Dragon, Starwolf, Cinnamon Roll and Piano x Forte x Scandal. (Funny how a lot of them are by Oster Project, now that I look at that list.)

I say keep this as a 10. This is about as hard to PA/combo as AYB, and that's staying a 10 if I remember correctly.

Last edited by igotrhythm; 05-25-2012 at 07:41 PM..
Old 05-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #10
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotrhythm View Post
Yes, this file is a bitch to PA: I just got 13-0-0-6 on it and that's apparently good enough for rank 147. In my opinion, most of the good "borderline" files have this quality, as well as a few patterns one expects to deal with in the next higher difficulty--namely, what everyone's whining about.

If vertex beta is the borderline FMO for streams, Southern Cross for jumpstream, K8107 for anchors and trills, this would be the borderline file for grace notes and 24th three-note rolls that one deals with in many FMOs like Midnight Dragon, Starwolf, Cinnamon Roll and Piano x Forte x Scandal. (Funny how a lot of them are by Oster Project, now that I look at that list.)

I say keep this as a 10. This is about as hard to PA/combo as AYB, and that's staying a 10 if I remember correctly.
This isn't comparable to AYB, because that requires more speed and lacks the technical flair of Feld.

That being said, both are FMO-worthy in my eyes, but Feld is much more difficult to PA with the minijacks and bootraps.

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
Closed Thread