Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-7-2012, 02:23 PM   #601
Sakish
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sakish Send a message via MSN to Sakish Send a message via Skype™ to Sakish
Default Re: Maplestory v2

I used to have a mark of beta back on GMS, i've been semi active since when it opened. who doesnt remember perion as fm
Old 12-7-2012, 02:24 PM   #602
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakish View Post
Im on Kradia and ign well as you can see.. LesKaiser
oops i'll make some chars over there then, did my kaiser on deme because i enjoy how empty it is tbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon890x View Post
Who here remembers when MapleStory was good?

Just curious.
Been playing since NA v.013 which was 2007(?) -- I just remember getting to level 30 as a mage in ellinia took me ages whereas 1-70 is now possible in a day or two.
And you couldnt jump down from stuff, and the stupid jump quests, and never getting into PQs etc.
While I must say I'm a casual player and always will be, I prefer the more streamlined approach plus the multitude of OP chars.
The game always seems to hold my interest for a few months, I then quit and there is a major content update to make it fresh again or actually feel like playing on "higher-level" chars.

Last edited by Coolboyrulez0; 12-7-2012 at 02:27 PM..
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2012, 04:02 PM   #603
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

so for the first time in about 2 months, the Maplestory Client decided to work for me. I can finally play my horrible 92 Aran because bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
yo man im awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2012, 07:43 PM   #604
Sakish
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sakish Send a message via MSN to Sakish Send a message via Skype™ to Sakish

gms is worse than ems atm 8)
Old 12-7-2012, 07:46 PM   #605
i heart candy
Retired
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I used to have a mark of beta back on GMS, i've been semi active since when it opened. who doesnt remember perion as fm
I remember that shit.
I played Maplestory for 4 years straight before I finally gave it quits. I hit 200 back in early 2008 and just quit. The game will never be the same ever again. Especially since private hacks are being sold to the public like hotcakes.

i heart candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2012, 09:24 PM   #606
Sakish
FFR Player

Not only that, but DOTalliance made millions of dollars duping and selling equips rofl
Old 12-15-2012, 12:04 AM   #607
IAAW
FFR Player

So um... yeah. Been playing this again if anyone really cares.

Been a long time since I've played; so much is different now even when I was playing a couple of years ago. I actually kinda feel bad for going hiatus mode JUST as someone gets me a black umbrella for my pure INT priest; ironically enough, this would be redundant now with the recent addition of basically GMS saying fuck it and going "you know these secondary stats, what with needings these LUK for these mages and needings these DEX for these warriors, you know, we'll just get rid of these and make it so that nobody ever needs to increase their secondary stat ever and still be able to use proper equipment". But, I digress; been playing this again and, well, I guess if I can reattach with old FFR buds I will.

At any rate, the characters I'm playing are on the new Renegades server; have a cleric which I sort of abandoned, a 4th job Luminous I've somewhat abandoned (well, not really; grinding after 100+ is slow and basically have been using the repeatable "Chasing Traces Forever" quest as inspiration), and currently have a hunter that I decided to roll with for a while (because IIRC the bowman was the first class I ever picked when I first picked up MapleStory way back in the day; in a way, I feel like I need to give the bowman class justice and play it). I'm going to be trying the Kaiser class too (well, everyone will be) when it comes time to.

I'm actually kind of debating whether or not I should make a character on Broa for shits and giggles; I remember that particular server being basically the "FFR" server for MapleStory; with Kaiser coming up I probably could do this, but I probably won't since right now I'm calling Renegades home for right now, but maybe I will server hop for Kaiser if anyone here might want me to (because admittedly enough, I'm lonely at times and even though I'm sort of a loner having some company would be nice when I play every nows and thens).

By the way, I generally run around with the name "PtPPL" on the Renegades server (it's an abbreviation). Speaking of Kaiser and Angelic Buster, I might end up sticking with Kaiser because affinity with lizards and maybe sticking with Angelic Buster because pink.
IAAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:05 AM   #608
Sakish
FFR Player

Come pray ems, i might be able to get my hands on a few accounts.. by the way its really hard to fund either of the classes you speak of..
I have around 120% str and about 220 wepatk and is at 50k range atm, sure im only 130 so far, but there is a Looooooooooong way to become in the higher ups.

I plan on getting there though, making mesos off of empress is kind of a big deal and if you play the game well, you might end up being able to live of that money too. Sure this is a long way for me to go but its possible 8D

Last edited by Sakish; 12-15-2012 at 12:09 AM..
Sakish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:09 AM   #609
{Zero}
Oh why hello!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to {Zero}

Zenith:
150 Bishop
111 Bow Master
112 Demon Slayer
115 Luminous
60 Thief
124 Cannoneer
etc.

Hit me up if you're in Zenith!
Main IGN: FreedFriend
{Zero} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:10 AM   #610
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Extalia MS > GMS in almost every way
dragonmegaXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:18 AM   #611
dragon890x
☆Ξ Phantasy Star Legend Ξ☆
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX View Post
I doubt they could be any better at scamming their users than gMS.

[ Link ]
dragon890x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:19 AM   #612
.Layne.
~~
FFR Veteran

Quote:
void when a furry says it

.Layne. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:33 AM   #613
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur

Says the person with the raccoon girl avatar
Old 12-15-2012, 12:42 AM   #614
.Layne.
~~
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Says the person with the raccoon girl avatar
ya but mine is a joke

you're for real

Old 12-15-2012, 12:48 AM   #615
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur

furreal*
Old 12-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #616
IAAW
FFR Player

Quote:
Come pray ems, i might be able to get my hands on a few accounts.. by the way its really hard to fund either of the classes you speak of..
I have around 120% str and about 220 wepatk and is at 50k range atm, sure im only 130 so far, but there is a Looooooooooong way to become in the higher ups.

I plan on getting there though, making mesos off of empress is kind of a big deal and if you play the game well, you might end up being able to live of that money too. Sure this is a long way for me to go but its possible 8D
At this point in time, I'm not really worried about funding; in other words, I'm more interested in playing the game itself more than I am worried about getting epic equipment and having the billions to buy them. If anything else, I'm pretty much ready to find/make/get all the equipment/scrolls I need my damn self rather than trying to buy everything off of someone else or trying to get the billions together for some epic staff that's been successfully scrolled with all 10%s, scrolled with good chaos scrolls, stamped for potential, and then cubed for that special touch.

And, really, for general equipment you really don't need all that much funding anymore; as long as you're getting the loot drops you'll amass a good chunk of money; I mean, thanks to proper Jr. Boogie familiar usage (Jr. Boogie familiars regenerate your MP), I haven't hardly spent any money on pots and, thanks to events, I have like 400 sunrise dews for MP pots. And because of this, my 4th job Luminous almost has like 10mil and all that I haven't had to spend at all, really. This is thanks to events obviously, but even then, I really haven't had to spend all that much money.

I guess the only place I would really need funding is on an assassin; assassins always need funding because throwing stars. And even then, I'd probably just put the effort into getting my own steely throwing star drops.

As for playing on EMS though, meh, it's okay, although I guess I really can't say I'm not interested in playing on a version of MapleStory I'm not really supposed to be playing on. :P

EDIT: Meh, I'm admittedly forgetting about the mastery books; probably the only funding any character really needs though IMO unless you factor in equipment as well.

Last edited by IAAW; 12-15-2012 at 02:32 PM..
Old 12-16-2012, 03:55 AM   #617
.Layne.
~~
FFR Veteran

Quote:
i remember it.. ch1 scania perion

everyone spamming S> Ilbis 32m

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

good times..

also funding for assassins was always expensive as fuc

2% of funds go to stars the 98% go to your equipment adoifjosdjfsdfasadfasdf

I also have a mark of the beta, dont know what account though since uhh it was my very first (when I was gr7 damn!)

Last edited by .Layne.; 12-16-2012 at 03:58 AM..
Old 12-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #618
IAAW
FFR Player

So, with Kaiser coming out tomorrow, still debating if I should server hop or not (at this point I'm still calling the Renegades server home), although from the looks of things I might just server hop to Zenith since that's the one server so far where there's someone from FFR I could potentially play with at times. Eh, I don't know, I just get lonely and playing a Cleric who has to spend all his time down in the depths of Ludibrium because that's mostly the only place where any extensive amount of high-level undead mobs are (because training anywhere else as a Cleric is kind of pointless) just reminds me of this loneliness. (Seriously, it gets quiet down there.)
Old 12-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #619
Bahamut-X
FFR Player

So I just had the random urge to start playing this game again today out of the blue.

Used to play with xqsite back in 05 to 08 or so. Good times. The guild is most likely completely dissolved by now though.

If I did start again I would definitely go the white knight route again. Never even got to level 10x. Really intimidating prospect though since I'm sure so much has changed.

Looks like ems is the way to go huh? All you guys on there now? (well, by all you guys, I mean like the two people who posted that they still play).
Bahamut-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:53 AM   #620
IAAW
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut-X View Post
So I just had the random urge to start playing this game again today out of the blue.

Used to play with xqsite back in 05 to 08 or so. Good times. The guild is most likely completely dissolved by now though.

If I did start again I would definitely go the white knight route again. Never even got to level 10x. Really intimidating prospect though since I'm sure so much has changed.

Looks like ems is the way to go huh? All you guys on there now? (well, by all you guys, I mean like the two people who posted that they still play).
Well I'm on GMS as of right now on the Renegades server; I could probably convert to EMS if I were to be helped out on that prospect, but even then I wouldn't know what server to join for some actual company (that and I bet I'd lag on EMS like mad, even on good internet times).

By the way, I was totally going to play the Kaiser class yesterday but Nexon broke stuff and made people sad so...

Well, at least hoping I can get my Kaiser on today. :P