Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2009, 01:56 AM   #1281
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Default Re: World of Warcraft

My rogue just hit 42. I dunno why I didn't roll Horde and a rogue when i first started playing.
Sir Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:22 AM   #1282
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

If they were bad players, they would have been kicked a long time ago. The fact that they didn't buff wasn't holding us back, it's the people who kept dying to stupid things.

If you were talking about the dps who died, they were the raid leader and his friends who started the group in the first place.

When my guild was still hosting 25 man Naxx runs, we found that when our tank just straight up to him, the melee dps will run up to him. The dps would split which side of Saph they want to be on, and I guess it wasn't a problem with me because of the way I positioned myself. The real problem was, sometimes, they would get tail swiped and when they do, the healers can no longer reach them because they are completely across the map. Of course, they died sometimes and complained they couldn't get a heal. Which is true, because they were completely on the other side of the room. Our fix to that was to tank him to the side so even if melee got tail swiped, they would end up in the first half of the circle and maybe even next to a healer.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:26 AM   #1283
Necamus
FFR Player

Tanked the adds for Emalon today, had a number of wipes for varying reasons (Twice because of me >.> ). It's a fun fight once your DPS knows what to do and can do it quickly. First time I ever seen him die.

Then we decided to try EoE.

That went well.

Had a DK tank, and I think another DK handled sparks (not sure though), while I DPSed. The tank ate it really quickly, perhaps not geared well for it. So I switched to tanking, old DK tank handled sparks, we got it down nicely. Phase two, the DPS who jumped on the discs went off after random mobs instead of concentrating on the closeby ones. Made it through with no where near enough time left, so we just figured we'd practice phase three, except then we all died in 30 seconds. Finally we got it down to we could do phases 1 and 2 with no deaths and in good time to be able to beat the enrage, but we always got raped on phase three.

TLDR: How does one do phase 3 of Maly?
Old 05-17-2009, 02:33 AM   #1284
tsugomaru
FFR Player

I've been pretty lucky with my EoE Pugs. Most of them are able to get through phases 1 and 2 because they know how to play their characters. However, when given a dragon to fly, they're completely confused.

All the dragons have the ability to dps and heal. You usually want 2-3 players using the healing skills. What you do is cast the hot, which is 3 on the keyboard and then for each hot you get, you receive one combo point. You can use the combo points to cast an aoe heal, which is 4 on the keyboard. It's because of this aoe heal, you will want the group to stack. For dps, what happens is you cast a fire ball to build up combo points and usually at 2 combo points, you cast your dot. You keep repeating and the dot stacks infinitely so you can have 20 stacks of this dot going on and that's how you kill the boss.

Every now and then, Malygos will focus on a player and when he does that, a blue laser beam will shoot at them and a ball of lightning will form there. You want the group to be out of the ball of lightning because it does aoe damage to the raid. The rest of the raid needs to strafe away from this person and the person being targeted needs to hit his flame shield, which is 5 on the keyboard. This reduces incoming damage by 80% and will pretty much save him.

~Tsugomaru
Old 05-17-2009, 03:35 AM   #1285
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

EoE phase 3 is pretty simple.

The setup: you need good DPS for phases 1 and 2 so you have enough time for phase 3. You also need one person who knows what they're doing.

When phase 2 ends, everyone runs south. Then you're all grouped up immediately. Once you land on your drakes, type /follow (name) (or /f 'first character of name' for short). This person flies up to eye level of Malygos then kites around the room in a big circle. You don't need to do anything if you're not this person but spam 3 over and over and over again before he engages you all. This sticks a huge HoT on yourself AND builds up combo points. My friend had problems with this since he didn't have auto-self cast, so turn that on first. Really helps. Then target Maly if you're a DPS and press 1-1-2 over and over and over again (still following (name)). What you want to do is wait to press 2 until you have 75 Energy. This enables you to get off your Fire Shield in case he fixes his gaze on you. Just make sure you press 1 once before you try to Fire Shield because it won't work without combo points. If you're a healer, just replace every "1" with "3" and every "2" with "4". Everything else is the same.

Fight is a joke.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:35 PM   #1286
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

That fight is also pretty much the best it gets in raids for paladin healers. Full mana the whole fight is all kinds of great.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:25 PM   #1287
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

Maly is fun, because putting out like 6k-7k dps is a pretty easy thing to do on phase 1
Old 05-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #1288
rade0110
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rade0110

So about 4 days ago I got ALL of my stuff back from when I was hacked. Even things I didn't know I was missing. Guild has been pretty inactive because a lot of people in my guild are in finals mode for school. We plan on picking things up again in a week. But man leveling a druid is so damn easy. Went from 44-57 in under a week. I'll probably hit 58 tonight and work my way through BC in a week and a half. The pull from 70-80 is gonna suck though. I'm gonna guess 2 weeks unless some guildies decide to be really helpful and just run me a few times through instances. Normal difficulty instances are pretty easy for our tanks to solo now. So a tank/dps/me healing will give me some nice xp.

Cheers,

Synthlight
rade0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:52 PM   #1289
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Rogue hit 45. I hit the slow leveling area... But I know that this toon will be 80 by the end of June.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:55 PM   #1290
Necamus
FFR Player

Thanks for the input guys, I'll see if I can try Maly again tonight. Tanking it's fun because of all the movement, until the spark controller ****s up and Maly eats one.

@rade: I've been leveling a mage because I wanted a pure DPS caster, and I hate pet classes. Using James' leveling guide (available free online, google it), I got to level 30 in less than a day of played time. Seemed pretty good to me. If you're just interested in hitting 80 asap, you might want to give it a shot. It's updated through a good chunk of WotLK, though it might not get you all the way to 80.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:46 PM   #1291
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

I did the grind from 70-80 in a week. It really sucked but I did 70-76 in two days and the other 4 levels through the rest of the week.

It took me a while to level my first toon to 70 back in BC but that was simply because it was my first character ever.

I probably could level a character in a pretty decent amount of time, but to me leveling is the most boring thing ever so I'd never get another toon to 80. Even my DK has just been sitting at 71 because **** leveling to 80 again >.<
Old 05-18-2009, 05:08 PM   #1292
tsugomaru
FFR Player

I've had a group who had problem with sparks. No matter how hard the DK tried and how much I moved Malygos away from the spark, the DK could not do 12000 damage to it. Of course, no one wanted to help him kill the spark because they were trying to maximize their dps. Don't they know that if the spark gets to Malygos too often, it'll cause a wipe instead!

~Tsugomaru
Old 05-18-2009, 05:15 PM   #1293
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

All the DPS is supposed to switch to the spark to burn it down...

When I tanked Maly, I almost never used a DK and we did it just fine. In fact I managed to do a 6:04 fight without a DK.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:04 PM   #1294
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

BC is so easy now that it shouldn't take you longer than a few days. Even with my slow leveling it only took me 3 days to get from 58 to 68.

Then it took me another week to get from 70 to 80. The heirlooms really sped things up by not having to constantly upgrade.

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.
Solid Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:26 PM   #1295
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Well, Im leveling my rogue on a new server and a new faction, so I can't get the heirloom.

And I meant 45 to about 55 has always been excessively slow leveling for me.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #1296
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Yeah, I did one zone a day for BC. Hellfire day 1, Zangar day 2, Terokkar day 3, and part of Nagrand day 4 was enough to get me to 68.

Didn't have Heirloom shoulders or 3x for that.

My troubles with my druid is that these early quests are annoying and frustratingly hard. There's one quest that just says 'kill this guy!' which wouldn't be hard if he weren't surrounded by three other guys. If you try to just kill him, he'll root you in place and run away, leaving you to get beat on by the other three guys.

I wouldn't have been trying that quest 2 levels early if the damn item that drops to start a quest actually dropped. This is Ashenvale, by the way, and the item is http://www.wowhead.com/?item=5867 . I killed over 200 of those damn centaurs and it never dropped.

So then I switched to my whore of a DK and facerolled three Northrend levels in just a few hours. He's been resting so long (I didn't even realize HOW long) that he has gained four levels so far and is still fully rested. And I love how the Heirloom shoulders now give 10% quest EXP too. It's sick. He finally got into Dragonblight and he's ahead of the level curve, so everything is even easier for him than it should be. I think I'm gonna skip Zul'Drak entirely and just do Dragonblight (skipping all of New Hearthglen... god I hate that place) to Grizzly (skipping that troll quest... damn I hate that quest) to Sholazar (doing the entire thing... damn I love sholazar). Just need him at 77 for cold flying since he's just my whore at this point. My 456% speed gathering whore.

Last edited by Squeek; 05-18-2009 at 06:54 PM..
Old 05-18-2009, 07:38 PM   #1297
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
He's been resting so long (I didn't even realize HOW long) that he has gained four levels so far and is still fully rested.
You're getting primarily quest xp then. Rest xp is only consumed by kills, and can only bank up to 1.5 levels worth.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:10 PM   #1298
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
You're getting primarily quest xp then. Rest xp is only consumed by kills, and can only bank up to 1.5 levels worth.
I'm well aware of that but I still haven't even seen the end of the bar 4 levels later.

It might have something to do with the 10% shoulders too. Maybe Rested doesn't take that bonus EXP into consideration, because I've killed A LOT of enemies so far.

But I looked it up and you're right. That sucks. I should just wait ten days to play any of my alts once they're out of Rested state.

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEric12 View Post
So one of my friends talked me into playing some on our old horde server, so I spent the day levelling my shaman to 70.7 or so.

I love enhancement.
Elemental is better >_>

Well, not really. Enhance is technically better DPS. I just vastly prefer Elemental since the gear switch over to Restoration is minor. And because I get to roll on a totally unique set of gear. And the unique raid buffs.

Last edited by Squeek; 05-19-2009 at 03:43 AM..
Old 05-18-2009, 09:14 PM   #1299
tsugomaru
FFR Player

This is the story of my priest. I had Howling Fjord, Dragonblight, and half of Borean Tundra completed by the time I was 77. That was when I ran out of rest XP.

~Tsugomaru
Old 05-18-2009, 10:18 PM   #1300
tsugomaru
FFR Player

So because a lot of our guild started running with a lot of PUGs, we began to find out who's good and who's not. We made a 25 man raid to do Emalon like we have been over the last couple of weeks. 3 weeks ago, we barely got him down to 75%. 2 weeks ago, we got him down to 50%. Last week, we had him down to 300k hp. This week, we finally downed him because we knew who to and who not to invite to this group. Of course, I was on my alt when we did this and 3 priest pieces dropped from Emalon and Archavon. There were also no priests in the raid. =[

~Tsugomaru