Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2009, 11:49 PM   #361
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: World of Warcraft

Because I am trading. Along time ago on my rogue there i traded it for a horde side rogue. Then i stopped playing and gave my account to someone. After awhile he got it banned and he recently gave me a 73 shaman, so i leveled this death knight. But now I'm trading this death knight for my original alliance side rogue. Hurray!

I get my epic helicopter back.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:10 AM   #362
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007

So I'm starting to play a lot more. Finally got **** sorted out irl so I can focus on gaming now. Got my priest from 70 to halfway to 72 just today running multiple Nexus runs. Naxx, here I come =)
Sullyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:50 AM   #363
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

Guild just got Maly 25 down like an hour ago. I had the quest so I'm now in possession of the best neck in the game. I'm really happy
Old 02-16-2009, 01:44 AM   #364
neobludragon
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to neobludragon Send a message via MSN to neobludragon Send a message via Yahoo to neobludragon

SatanicRouge 22 Thrall
Gimme a month and I will probably get to 60 in no time.
Oh and I only just started last week so...

Quote:
Quick break to say goodnight to my wife and then I am back on this like Tass on Noobs.

Cheers,

Synthlight
neobludragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:33 AM   #365
vpr0721
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vpr0721 Send a message via MSN to vpr0721

Did most of 25 man naxx today for the first time. That boss with the negative and positive sides is kinda hard. Raid members kept running into eachother even though we said run "Clockwise". Long fight too, stupid boss has 30 mil hp. -_-. OH well we are finishing it Monday night. Stupid hunter outrolled me on the http://thottbot.com/i40208 so im still stuck with http://thottbot.com/i44249
Old 02-16-2009, 02:41 AM   #366
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

He has 30 million HP because you're supposed to have a +x10% damage buff. If you don't, you're too far away from each other. The people with the same charge have to be standing near each other (which you should be anyway so you're ready to run when the polarity switches for some of you). In total, the raid should be doing 250% more damage the entire time. That basically puts his HP at 15 million, which is a lot closer to the other bosses in the dungeon. If you take too long he Enrages and kills you all. Better hope you have a Shaman or two for bloodlust/heroism.

My naxx-25 group fell through because of Valentine's Day. We couldn't get a single Priest on the entire server to run with us, and we had five open spots after an hour of asking around for DPS and heals. Eventually we just gave up.

By the way I heard a lot of people had problems with The Love Fool achievements. I did it about 30 hours in without too many troubles. It looks like the Children's Week achievements are going to be a huge pain in the ass though, especially for people who don't care for pvp (like me).

Last edited by Squeek; 02-16-2009 at 02:45 AM..
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:59 AM   #367
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

I've done it every hour on the hour almost for 2 days now and still haven't gotten a bag of candy.

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.
Solid Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:38 AM   #368
Necamus
FFR Player

Hit 77. Bought Cold Weather Flying. Got halfway through 77 and borrowed 800g from a guildmate so I could buy my epic flying mount. Love it.

I have three levels left, where should I level? I've only done Borean Tundra, Howling Fjord, Grizzly Hills, and Dragonblight. Got the quest achievement in each place.

Also did the Amphitheater quests for a new axe which is pretty sweet.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:06 AM   #369
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Do Sholozar and Icecrown, Storm Peaks. Those will definitely get you over.

I liked Icecrown a lot, and Storm Peaks, but not sholazar. however the hell you spell it.

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:39 AM   #370
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

I loved Sholazar and Storm Peaks. Hated Icecrown. The first few phasing quests were fun but then it became annoying. I mainly dislike the ambience. Storm Peaks is always bright and fun. There are goblin quests (always fun), a fun disguise area (the disguise stays even after the quest chain is over!) and you get shoulder enchants for getting repped with the faction out there.

Sholazar is all fun quests too, and it's a goldmine if you're an herbalist. If you liked Nesingwary at Nagrand and Stranglethorn, guess where he is now.

In other news, I just ran Old Kingdom for the first time and failed for the first time. It was mainly due to incompetence on the part of our tank who would Leeroy his way in way too many times. He whined that he couldn't kill our clones despite being a death knight. Yeah I know you're a tank but still that's pathetic. The only one hard to kill was the Priest who could full-heal every three seconds, but that wasn't much of a challenge either. So eventually we abandoned that boss and moved onto the heroic boss and wiped a few times there because of more idiocy. I don't know what's so hard about waiting a few seconds. In one case, one member very clearly said "BRB". Ten seconds later, mr. tank runs in and then we all die.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:35 AM   #371
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Actually, usually it comes down to the priest and the tank (from what I've seen) killing the boss.

My guild usually can kill it, but that's because we know the rotation of kills.

I really don't like going forward really fast, but of course you have to do that in Culling of Strat for the drake :P

Quote:
Old 02-16-2009, 11:15 AM   #372
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
He whined that he couldn't kill our clones despite being a death knight. Yeah I know you're a tank but still that's pathetic.
As the tank, I killed the clones much faster and easier than anyone else in the group.

Quote:
I really don't like going forward really fast, but of course you have to do that in Culling of Strat for the drake :P
I've done it with I think 5 minutes left on the timer. Of course, then I rolled a 12 on the drake, but that's life.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:25 AM   #373
pandasftwbaby
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to pandasftwbaby

Im just chilling on Fizzcrank with my 80 hunter, named Chrìssy
pandasftwbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:38 AM   #374
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpr0721 View Post
Did most of 25 man naxx today for the first time. That boss with the negative and positive sides is kinda hard. Raid members kept running into eachother even though we said run "Clockwise". Long fight too, stupid boss has 30 mil hp. -_-. OH well we are finishing it Monday night. Stupid hunter outrolled me on the http://thottbot.com/i40208 so im still stuck with http://thottbot.com/i44249
I don't understand why you would run clockwise. You just run straight through Thadius and go from either Neg to Pos, or Pos to Neg. It's really not a terrible difficult concept...
Old 02-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #375
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

I've got a question. I started playing about two weeks ago and now I'm at level 44. At what point should I start worrying about gear? PvE has been easy so far, and I haven't needed to focus too much on improving my equipment (thanks in part to Devonin and his guild running me through a few dungeons), so I haven't really focused on keeping up. I think I'm still using a level 30 requirement thing somewhere.

Now I'm a mage, so I imagine the things I should be improving are Intellect, Spirit, and spell power more than anything, but it doesn't feel like I've ever been in need of anything more than what I've gotten. Is it worth it to try and keep up with gear as I level or just wait until tougher instances start opening up?
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:30 PM   #376
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

At level 80. There's no reason to worry about gear at all. While leveling, I did most of the dungeons purely out of interest or because I had 6-7 quests I could complete there. I was decently geared when hitting the max level all three times on my priest. Every time you hit the next expansion, your gear will improve massively from the quests.

I've always wondered why, but can't you use food to hit the expertise cap? There's the Rhinolicious Wyrmsteak and it gives 40 expertise.

I was complaining the other day that I had too many Emblems of Heroism. I spent a great deal of them on heirloom items and several epics on my priest and I still had about 100 left over. I decided to pick up my t7 chest for 80 emblems. I did not realize that it was such a huge upgrade over the Kirin Tor Rep Reward robes.

Also, this holiday proves yet again why I dislike achievements. I went crazy over the last 3 days trying to earn The Love Fool achievement, making sure I got the Gift of Adoration every hour. I needed 2 more Love Fools and Bags of Candy. I got Boxes of Chocolate 8 times in a row. One of my friends log in and they found 2 Love Fools. It's a good thing you can trade them. At about 3 hours until the Love Festival ended, the only thing I was missing were those two candies and throwing flowers at a Night Elf Priest. You would not believe how uncommon those creatures are. I joined 4-5 Arathi Basins in search of one until I finally found her. Someone on Wowhead calculated that you have a 99% chance to get all the candies by the 3rd bag. I needed 4.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:02 PM   #377
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relambrien View Post
I've got a question. I started playing about two weeks ago and now I'm at level 44. At what point should I start worrying about gear? PvE has been easy so far, and I haven't needed to focus too much on improving my equipment (thanks in part to Devonin and his guild running me through a few dungeons), so I haven't really focused on keeping up. I think I'm still using a level 30 requirement thing somewhere.

Now I'm a mage, so I imagine the things I should be improving are Intellect, Spirit, and spell power more than anything, but it doesn't feel like I've ever been in need of anything more than what I've gotten. Is it worth it to try and keep up with gear as I level or just wait until tougher instances start opening up?
Spirit is a worthless stat to worry about before level 80, and even then it doesnt matter unless you are a healer.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:21 PM   #378
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Or a warlock.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:23 PM   #379
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Quote:
Someone on Wowhead calculated that you have a 99% chance to get all the candies by the 3rd bag. I needed 4.
I got a bag of candy my first gift. 7 charges, 7 different hearts, achievement gained in 10 minutes.

Quote:
Also, this holiday proves yet again why I dislike achievements.
The only thing I was missing for the Hallow's Eve meta achievement was a hallowed helm. I had everything else done with 2 days to go in the holiday. That's just the way it is. It doesn't, in my opinion, reflect pooraly -at all- on the achievement system that sometimes people have crappy luck.

Quote:
throwing flowers at a Night Elf Priest. You would not believe how uncommon those creatures are
The only way I got a troll rogue was that a friend of mine on alliance side rolled up a troll rogue specifically to get roses thrown at them.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:09 PM   #380
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

gah, I hate the back button on browsers.

I only hate RNG because I lost 2 nights of sleep trying to get the stupid candies. I had my own reasons for doing that, nerdy in the extreme, but there you go.

Soon mages might need spirit, should be interesting what they come up with.

I have too many heroism emblems as well, I dont have the artifacts but I do have everything that's tank-ish except for the shield (can't merit dropping 15 points of defense for some dodge), and I always thought it was very odd that they let you trade valor for heroism and not an option for like, 5 to 1 on Heroism to Valor.

Quote: