Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-8-2011, 07:04 PM   #21
BethanyBangs
~
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Rave Culture?

I wanna go to a rave, unfortunately i'm not 18 yet, next year i will be. Have never gone before either. I can shuffle a bit though.
BethanyBangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-8-2011, 09:26 PM   #22
Mans0n
Sun and Stars
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mans0n
Wink Re: Rave Culture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethanyBangs View Post
. I can shuffle a bit though.
that's pretty hot

Check out my band profile and give it a like! :P
Mans0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-8-2011, 10:48 PM   #23
vro
FFR Player

I go on a pretty regular basis, not as much as I used to though thanks to college. I usually try to go to Happy Hardcore, Gabber, Hardstyle, and Dubstep events. The area I'm in right now mainly has Electro/House events, which I don't like very much, so thats another reason I haven't gone to anything recently.

This was probably the best event I went to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MluZusB4smM

It was massive; 8pm-6am, 10,000 people capacity.(no, thats not a typo)

The biggest names I've seen were DJ Irene, VNV Nation, Aeria, DJ Sisen, and Basshunter(which, as gay as it sounds, was actually pretty amazing lol)

I was supposed to see Showtek at an event I went to, but they canceled right when they were supposed to play because the event holders wanted to pay them with a check and they wouldn't play unless it was straight cash. -_-

Anyway, rave life is pretty cool, just don't get caught up in all the crap that can be involved. And btw, don't call yourself a raver if the only "raves" you've been to are ones at anime conventions. Not accusing anyone, but just throwing that out there :P
Old 03-8-2011, 11:58 PM   #24
Aldentron
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to Aldentron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorby View Post
Post count dosen't increase.

Intelligence decreases.

Terrible posting.

Geez I'm missing out =(
So you want to drag a petty eGrudge out of TGB and attack me personally in a forum category NOT made for such fun? What are you, the schoolyard bully? Get over yourself.

@Mans0n from what I understand, I am ineligible to deliver a baby with birth defects, and none of the side typical side effects have occurred to me. Yet. If I do start having problems I would seek an alternative but for now I feel great, I can worry about later, later.
What do you mean by "Good rave?" Do you mean when a big name artist has a concert? Or can a good rave be just your typical house/hardstyle club's Halloween dance party?
i remember a time when he wuz kewl

like... wut
Aldentron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2011, 01:48 AM   #25
BabyViperx3
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to BabyViperx3

DRUGZ R BAD MKAY?

Last edited by BabyViperx3; 03-9-2011 at 02:27 AM..
BabyViperx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2011, 07:38 AM   #26
Hideki1234123
FFR Player

Smile Re: Rave Culture?

Some things in this thread have upset me seeing as i am a die hard raver, and a DJ till the day I die. I am 17 and have gone to multiple events and even played at some. So here I go with quotes :P and if some of the point i make have already been made i appologise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrxero64 View Post

I went to a rave with a group of friends once (DatsiK I think?) and we were raving. I noticed this drugged up guy that had started to "pet" my female friend's furry rave hat, and my friend was frozen. I pushed the guy to the floor, and waited for him to get up. I'm disappointed he learned quickly and walked away, being drugged up and all. I was hoping to punch him straight in the face. The best part is, I'm not even tough. As long as no weapons are involved though, even the toughest guys on ectasy get their a** whooped.

You need to learn how to find the good raves, and how to deal with the bad ones. There is also a huge sense of PLUR (it's what ravers live by, at least at the raves. It stands for Peace, Love, Unity, and Respect). No one is there to fight, they are there to enjoy music and dance, whether taking drugs or not. I never see fights at a rave, and even if there was one, it'd be the best way to get shunned. No one wants a hardheaded person to ruin the fun.
Good sir i like how you talk about wanting to beat someones ass. and then saying starting a fight at a rave is a good way to get shunned. This is quite ironic dont you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricoo View Post
Alas, if 'rave culture' wasn't synonymous with 'taking my friends pills culture' I'd go to raves all the time.
Just because you go to a rave doesnt mean you do the drugs there. There are alot of sober ravers out there. I am one of them and alot of my good raver buddies are them to. So if people doing drugs is going to stop you from embracing a culture that is awesome than to me thats stupid. If you love a genre of music embrace it :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
The closest thing to a rave in this part of the state is prom -___-
That what I thought when i first got into Electronic music. You just have to find the scene where ever you live and go to them. Granted alot of the scene most palces are 18+ (I am lucky to have a nice all ages hardcore scene) but not all of them are 18+ and once you get to know people they are more willing to let you go to the 18+ events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethanyBangs View Post
I wanna go to a rave, unfortunately i'm not 18 yet, next year i will be. Have never gone before either. I can shuffle a bit though.
As i said before there are plenty of all ages events you just got to find them. And i can shuffle too ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by vro View Post
Anyway, rave life is pretty cool, just don't get caught up in all the crap that can be involved. And btw, don't call yourself a raver if the only "raves" you've been to are ones at anime conventions. Not accusing anyone, but just throwing that out there :P
I agree a billion times with this Mad props

Now i will finally answer the first post :P just some things i wanted to say :P

So far the best rave i went to was Bright nights with No Left Turn. It was an all hardcore event and i met tons of my ood internet buddies and made so many friends. And the music was ****ing banging!!! That would be my unbiased answer :P my biased answer would be the ones i DJed at seeing as i DJed at them

My favorite DJs are.... Tiesto, Steve Aoki, Wolfgang Gartner, Sharkey, Cotts, Styles and breeze, and my boy Sylus (he knows how to mix the hardcore songs i love)
Hideki1234123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2011, 08:37 AM   #27
NiLKA_N0ii
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NiLKA_N0ii

Vegas raves need an age limit.
And a lot (not all) of them only got into raves because of the E.
Personally I don't like going because ravers here annoy me.
Love rave music, love dubstep/hardstyle.
Hate seeing half naked 13 year olds thinking they're hot shit because they're rolling.
A rave is about the music <3
Old 03-9-2011, 08:49 AM   #28
Hideki1234123
FFR Player

EDC is going to be at Vegas this year though :P and that going to be 18+ instead of 16+
Old 03-9-2011, 08:55 AM   #29
NiLKA_N0ii
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NiLKA_N0ii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hideki1234123 View Post
EDC is going to be at Vegas this year though :P and that going to be 18+ instead of 16+
Things like this are things worth going to. (:
Old 03-9-2011, 10:01 AM   #30
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Wow, those pictures are so pathetic...
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2011, 10:45 AM   #31
Hideki1234123
FFR Player

Id love to go to awesome events. I was planning on going to Ultra this year but due to money i couldnt. I might go see steve aoki, but its on a tuesday :P
Old 03-9-2011, 12:21 PM   #32
Mans0n
Sun and Stars
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mans0n

Why only show pictures of people straight rolling out of their minds?

Check out my band profile and give it a like! :P
Mans0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2011, 12:26 PM   #33
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Because it's funny and pretty much what you'll see at any rave.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2011, 01:06 PM   #34
krunkykai22
&lt;3 Jumpstream &lt;3
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22

Well, damn. I have been going to raves since I was friggin 15 years old. I'll be 25 this year. I think raves are amazing, IF you go to the right ones. I've been to soundfactory and webster hall, I've seen so many people raving. But, none like the ones I've seen in SoCal. Thats where the raving used to be. Now, its more like scattered.

I have done every type of rave stuff you can think of. But, to be honest, doesn't intrigue me anymore. I guess the years of raving are behind many of us. You don't see many anymore.

As for favorite DJ, Louie DeVito by far.
krunkykai22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2011, 01:20 PM   #35
BabyViperx3
FFR Player

You want hot raver pics? Fine.

Old 03-9-2011, 02:53 PM   #36
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

This isn't the place to flame and troll each other, guys. Deleted your posts.
HammyMcSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2011, 03:19 PM   #37
vro
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyViperx3 View Post
*pictures of bug-eyed people*
I lol'd so freaking hard XD

Regarding EDC, I'm not saying its necesarilly bad, but I look at it more as a party then an actual rave. When you look up videos, you hear songs from Black Eyed Peas and stuff like that, and some of the artists weren't even edm, like Little John. Sure, they may have Deadmau5, but who the hell cares.
Old 03-9-2011, 03:54 PM   #38
BabyViperx3
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by vro View Post
I lol'd so freaking hard XD

Regarding EDC, I'm not saying its necesarilly bad, but I look at it more as a party then an actual rave. When you look up videos, you hear songs from Black Eyed Peas and stuff like that, and some of the artists weren't even edm, like Little John. Sure, they may have Deadmau5, but who the hell cares.
I went to EDC 2010. It was annoying as **** to hear Will.I.Am & Lil Jon there. I didn't go near the main stage during his set.
Old 03-9-2011, 05:47 PM   #39
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Lol, lots to read. Before I post, I'm not here to argue (at least not in this thread :P), but I would like to defend myself.

The whole guy issue was more because my friend tried to get him off, but he wouldn't. He was pretty big, and she's a small girl and she got really scared. He was in her personal space, and I wasn't going to go up to some big drugged up guy and say "sir, would you please get off of her?" Of course, I didn't want to start a fight, as angry as I was. I pushed him away, and I wanted to see if he tried to start something back, which I hoped he didn't. To explain what I meant though, I would have done the same thing in a club playing rap music with a drugged up guy. It wasn't right for my friend to be afraid like that. Sorry if I came across hypocritical. That's also one person compared to all the cool people I've met at raves.

As for the accusation that I haven't been to a lot of raves, I've been enough to not have to count on my fingers. I can't say I'm a full fledged raver going every week, but I've had my fair share. I like to shuffle, I like to dance to the music, and I enjoy meeting people who share my interests. Anywhere you go you'll meet people you like and you don't like. It's only common.

I also noticed the choice in pics. There were drugged up ravers, and then slutty people. I do admit you'll find these at raves, but here's some pics of the good times I've had and the people I've met.

My close friend

Some twirlers I met

the comic relief friends haha

me =P (favorite pic, it was a pic of me in action shuffling, mouth was open tho lol)

I have way more pics, but I rather not take up so much in one post. But yea, I'm not here to convince people to go to raves if they don't want to. But I will defend that I've had a lot of good experiences at raves.
ddrxero64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:29 PM   #40
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrxero64 View Post
Favorite DJ? DJ Ravine, hands down.
And this is what DJ Ravine does when he's bored. Another reason why he's one of my favorite DJ's (personality).

ddrxero64 is offline   Reply With Quote