Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-7-2011, 05:33 PM   #1
luckysheaven
FFR Player

Default Rave Culture?

Anyone here go to raves frequently? What's the best rave you went to? Favorite DJ? Any special form of entertainment you can provide?

I've only recently started going to raves, and they're hella fun.
luckysheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2011, 05:37 PM   #2
BabyViperx3
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to BabyViperx3
Default Re: Rave Culture?

I've been going to them since May 1st of last year. The scene out here in Southern California has turned into SHIT. After EDC everything just went downhill. I only go to 18 and over events now. :/ But yeah, my favorite raves are the local ones. Favorite DJ? I honestly don't have one, but I am a huge Flux Pavilion fan and my lovey is a dub/dnb dj so yeah :P
BabyViperx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
00Razor00
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 00Razor00 Send a message via Skype™ to 00Razor00

I've been attending raves since '07. Pretty amazing to say the least. I'd say my favourites are a tie between seeing DJ Tiesto and Skrillex live. Not sure which one. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus
00Razor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2011, 06:57 PM   #4
Mans0n
Sun and Stars
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mans0n

Raves are awesome, Though I've never been to any huge events because im not 18 yet. Just some local underground raves here in central cali.

Check out my band profile and give it a like! :P
Mans0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2011, 09:49 PM   #5
Aldentron
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to Aldentron

I've been to 3 or 4 raves. I take the bipolar disorder medication Depakote, which has effects that counteract those of MDMA (consumption of which is, of course, the only reason to go to a rave, instead stay at home and listen to DJ mixes, face it.)
I was thoroughly unimpressed every time and everything about raves just seems corny and cliche to me.
i remember a time when he wuz kewl

like... wut
Aldentron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2011, 10:05 PM   #6
fido123
FFR Player

Went to a gabber rave and got extreamly uncomfortable so I left after 20 minutes lol
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2011, 10:53 PM   #7
Mans0n
Sun and Stars
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mans0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldentron View Post
I've been to 3 or 4 raves. I take the bipolar disorder medication Depakote, which has effects that counteract those of MDMA (consumption of which is, of course, the only reason to go to a rave, instead stay at home and listen to DJ mixes, face it.)
I was thoroughly unimpressed every time and everything about raves just seems corny and cliche to me.
stop taking depakote it has horrible side effects, and go to a rave that's actually good. I suggest a good house or trance DJ. They never fail

Check out my band profile and give it a like! :P
Mans0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2011, 11:09 PM   #8
LSD KILLING SPREE
FFR Player

Oi oi rave on!!
Old 03-7-2011, 11:26 PM   #9
Rubin0
FFR Player

I went to one rave....a lot of sweaty high drunk people rubbing up on all over me. I left almost immediately and got food at Penn Station.
Old 03-8-2011, 12:14 AM   #10
ddrxero64
FFR Player

I love raves. I've been to lots of them now, mostly 18+ raves. I plan to hit up a LOT over the summer, as I've been kind of absent from them lately.

Best rave? The hardstyle one. I was disappointed to see few shufflers, but it only gave me more spotlight :P

Favorite DJ? DJ Ravine, hands down. He mixes great stuff, and he was in Boston a while ago, but I've yet to see him. Favorite DJ that makes his own music? I guess it'd be Skrillez, even though dubstep isn't my favorite genre. Hardstyle is getting old though, no one seems to make good hardstyle songs nowadays.

(Edit: I've seen DatsiK and went to a rave to see Excision, but the Excision rave was cut short due to an idiot pulling some sort of fire alarm.)

I REALLY want to go to a special kind of rave. For people who like a creative way to enjoy music at a party, LISTEN UP.

There are these somewhat rare raves called "Silent Disco." You walk in, and they give you some sort of equipment that you plug your headphones into. Everyone shares the same one, and the DJ streams his music to everyone's headphones. The idea is that everyone is dancing to the same music, but it's literally dead quiet in the room. When I heard about these I thought it was mindblowin'. Not only the idea of slient rave, but how you would interact with others. You'd rely on only body language. Your voice has not matter in this kind of party, so you'll dance with people without knowing a single thing about them.

Tell me that doesn't sound a sick rave to go to.

Oh yea, just want to point out I just started going to raves almost a year now, I'm not some expert, but I do love them. Shuffling + Glowsticking = awesome.
ddrxero64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-8-2011, 12:20 AM   #11
Patricoo
FFR Player

Alas, if 'rave culture' wasn't synonymous with 'taking my friends pills culture' I'd go to raves all the time.

Alright, thats an unfair jab at a genre that I love, but I've gone to two and hated it. One had people using empty spaces to blindly practice their MMA moves making it dangerous to go near the corners and the other was dominated by an out-of-place group of steampunk collective. I'm giving up on them as its a waste to me to pay to just watch people trying to out-crazy the homeless on subways.

One podcast that a lot of people might enjoy is 'the sound of trance.' Really good themed electronica that comes out once a month or so. Some of the sunset/evening theme stuff is my favorite.
Old 03-8-2011, 12:53 AM   #12
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Haha, I've had my share of not so awesome raves. After you start going to them, you start to notice which raves are worth going to. Multiple raves are usually hosted by the same group, so if you go to one and you liked it, expect their next one to be the same.

One thing that might give it away is the cost of the raves. I usually see it as really cheap or somewhat expensive. I haven't seen some sort of in between price yet. The cheap ones are usually because they aren't as well known, are in small clubs, and are full of people just rollin (on ecstasy). I've been to some expensive ones too. The Excision rave, though it ended early, was like 4 hours long. It was held in a hotel, and included two main ballrooms turned into rave rooms, a pool area playing hardstyle, and an outside section for people who smoked. It had so much space there was no way you couldn't dance.

I went to a rave with a group of friends once (DatsiK I think?) and we were raving. I noticed this drugged up guy that had started to "pet" my female friend's furry rave hat, and my friend was frozen. I pushed the guy to the floor, and waited for him to get up. I'm disappointed he learned quickly and walked away, being drugged up and all. I was hoping to punch him straight in the face. The best part is, I'm not even tough. As long as no weapons are involved though, even the toughest guys on ectasy get their a** whooped.

You need to learn how to find the good raves, and how to deal with the bad ones. There is also a huge sense of PLUR (it's what ravers live by, at least at the raves. It stands for Peace, Love, Unity, and Respect). No one is there to fight, they are there to enjoy music and dance, whether taking drugs or not. I never see fights at a rave, and even if there was one, it'd be the best way to get shunned. No one wants a hardheaded person to ruin the fun.

NOTE: For the tl;dr people.

"Go to the expensive raves, they are usually better."

Last edited by ddrxero64; 03-8-2011 at 12:55 AM..
Old 03-8-2011, 12:57 AM   #13
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrxero64 View Post
I went to a rave with a group of friends once (DatsiK I think?) and we were raving. I noticed this drugged up guy that had started to "pet" my female friend's furry rave hat, and my friend was frozen. I pushed the guy to the floor, and waited for him to get up. I'm disappointed he learned quickly and walked away, being drugged up and all. I was hoping to punch him straight in the face. The best part is, I'm not even tough. As long as no weapons are involved though, even the toughest guys on ectasy get their a** whooped.
Dude if he was rolling i'm sure you could've just said "hey there buddy mind leaving my friend alone?" I would punch you in the face if I saw you irl because you just sound like an idiot.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-8-2011, 01:05 AM   #14
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

The closest thing to a rave in this part of the state is prom -___-

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-8-2011, 01:12 AM   #15
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
The closest thing to a rave in this part of the state is prom -___-
*Mainstream is playing*

Ok guys, let's get wild!

*sandstorm radio edit by darude starts playing*

OMG WE'RE IN A RAVE LET'S GET SOME GLOWSTICKS!

^That happens like at every prom lmao, but yea, sad to hear reuben.
Old 03-8-2011, 01:59 AM   #16
Artic_counter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Hardstyle is getting old though, no one seems to make good hardstyle songs nowadays.
Sad but true even though the genre isn't dead yet.

Headhunterz still makes some good songs now and then and Second Identity by A-lusion and Scope DJ was a pretty good move I think. They probably wanted to recreate something like Between World ;D I miss the old days though. With Showtek and all. Not forgetting the days when shuffle was at it's prime with Aaron

Artic_counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-8-2011, 12:51 PM   #17
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Quote:
*Mainstream is playing*

Ok guys, let's get wild!

*sandstorm radio edit by darude starts playing*

OMG WE'RE IN A RAVE LET'S GET SOME GLOWSTICKS!

^That happens like at every prom lmao, but yea, sad to hear reuben.
My prom DJ sucked, wouldn't ever let us request songs
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-8-2011, 04:26 PM   #18
BabyViperx3
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to BabyViperx3

Quote:
haha, i've had my share of not so awesome raves. After you start going to them, you start to notice which raves are worth going to. Multiple raves are usually hosted by the same group, so if you go to one and you liked it, expect their next one to be the same.

One thing that might give it away is the cost of the raves. I usually see it as really cheap or somewhat expensive. I haven't seen some sort of in between price yet. The cheap ones are usually because they aren't as well known, are in small clubs, and are full of people just rollin (on ecstasy). I've been to some expensive ones too. The excision rave, though it ended early, was like 4 hours long. It was held in a hotel, and included two main ballrooms turned into rave rooms, a pool area playing hardstyle, and an outside section for people who smoked. It had so much space there was no way you couldn't dance.

I went to a rave with a group of friends once (datsik i think?) and we were raving. I noticed this drugged up guy that had started to "pet" my female friend's furry rave hat, and my friend was frozen. I pushed the guy to the floor, and waited for him to get up. I'm disappointed he learned quickly and walked away, being drugged up and all. I was hoping to punch him straight in the face. The best part is, i'm not even tough. As long as no weapons are involved though, even the toughest guys on ectasy get their a** whooped.

You need to learn how to find the good raves, and how to deal with the bad ones. There is also a huge sense of plur (it's what ravers live by, at least at the raves. It stands for peace, love, unity, and respect). No one is there to fight, they are there to enjoy music and dance, whether taking drugs or not. I never see fights at a rave, and even if there was one, it'd be the best way to get shunned. No one wants a hardheaded person to ruin the fun.

Note: For the tl;dr people.

"go to the expensive raves, they are usually better."

where the ****s your plur?!
BabyViperx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-8-2011, 04:33 PM   #19
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Apparently people who are "drugged up" don't apply to plur.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-8-2011, 07:00 PM   #20
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark

Seriously shoving the guy for petting a fuzzy hat and wanting to kick his ass? I think you've been to far less raves than you've stated.
darkshark is offline   Reply With Quote